Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Speculation: Clink Boom and Cheese Fondue

• Start Topic

SID says Rosalie is working for Helena. loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooord. Ron is just making it harder on himself by having everything "connected". (I say in quotes because it is not actually connected in any relevant way except Ron throwing stuff at the proverbial wall)

This makes no sense. Why would she have wasted all that time being Nina's nurse, been afraid of Nina or apprehensive in going after Micheal?

Asshat hack Ron truly is a MoRon.

• Love 2

They better not be trying to bridge a connection between Helena and Nina and/or Donna Mills.

Hells only needs one West/Westbourne/Reeves in her life and that's her gal pal Liesl.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 1

They better not be trying to bridge a connection between Helena and Nina and/or Magda

Watch Ron retcon Helena into the third, long-lost, oldest Westborne sister: Helga!

Edited by Tiger
  • Love 6

Wait, would that mean Nikolas and Britt committed incest?

They'd be...uh (tries to do the soap math)...second cousins?

So yeah, Hells can't be Helga.  Ron only JOKES about relatives sleeping together, he doesn't actually pull the trigger.

I think fucking with Helena's backstory may be a third rail for Ron. I'm not sure he'd go there and I don't think he will in this storyline at all. OTOH, he does have enough ego at this point to go there someday. And to be fair, it is a curiosity - I'm not sure we know anything about where she comes from. I personally assumed she was another Cassadine cousin and that it was more inbreeding.

I personally assumed she was another Cassadine cousin and that it was more inbreeding.

I always felt that this was the implication since she was so big on the Cassadine Name and Family and Legacy.  She IS a Cassadine not just married to one

• Love 4

I could see Helena being an impoverished aristocrat who married into the Cassadines and drank the Kool-Aid on Name, Family, and Legacy. It's not unusual for the converted to be more devout than the rest, after all.

It would be great if she were a big phony who somehow weaseled her way in and just pretended to be the grande dame she claims to be. There's no one left to prove otherwise!

• Love 3
I always felt that this was the implication since she was so big on the Cassadine Name and Family and Legacy.  She IS a Cassadine not just married to one

Yeah, that's how I took it. I think you can make a case for dubbel zout's version being more subversive - that Helena threw herself into it as an obsession with status vs. where she came from - but I prefer to believe she's another one of the incestuous breed.

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 1

Not that this would stop Ron from going there, but nothing about Dr. Obrecht's talk of their history or their (super brief, when are Hells and Dr. O gonna get together for brunch?!?!) interactions suggests them being family of any kind.

Obrecht is beneath her. When they try to make Helena all friendly with Liesl to try and give O. street cred I roll my eyes. I love Kathleen Gati but even Obrecht should be afraid of Helena's mummy ass.

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 3

I think Obrecht's afraid of her.  She was super scared she was going to get shanked for murdering Victor.  She pulled back at the last second when she went to hug Helena.  And she was super uncomfortable with Britt spilling to Hells about betraying Nikolas.

I just remember Helena, like, comforting her when Britt left. I couldn't believe Helena was propping Obrecht. That's how it read to me, anyway.

If it was me, they'd tie that up by Britt coming back for a bit trying to turn state's on the Legion of Doom. Helena responds by slitting her throat. That's the Cassadine way. Obrecht can cry and sing some bullshit song, but that's what would happen.

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 5

Eh, I kinda liked that.  Seeing two whackjobs so in love probably reminded Hells of Mikkos.

But I'd also be fine with Helena revealing that she took Britt prisoner (a la Robin) and forcing Obrecht to do her bidding.

They'd be...uh (tries to do the soap math)...second cousins?

So yeah, Hells can't be Helga.  Ron only JOKES about relatives sleeping together, he doesn't actually pull the trigger.

Eh, second cousins. That's legal. I wouldn't sleep with any of my second cousins, but especially on tv, hardly scandalous.

The Cassadines as Russian/Greek Habsburgs? I can buy it. (Though the idea of Helena being a phony will never not tickle me.)

I read a good fic ages ago about them being Romanovs. It was written way back in 1997 so a lot of stuff that we now consider canon about the Cassadines isn't there

http://stephennichols-fanfiction.net/rebel/archival/judy/qed.html

Yes, I still remember the title. I'm a geek.

• Love 1

Spoilers for next week: http://tvsourcemagazine.com/2015/01/general-hospital-spoilers-january-19-2015-edition/

Carly’s happiness upon learning that Michael and Lucas will be working together leaves Michael affected.

Nooo, Michael, stay strong!  You can work with Lucas AND continue to hate Carly's guts, it's super easy!

Shawn has trouble completing his assignment.

Well knock me over with a feather!

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 8

I can't remember an assignment Shawn completed successfully. Wait, no! The Ric rescue! That worked out! And it was down to him and Duke. Duke! Amazing!

Personally I still suspect Ron - who has never met a character regression he didn't like - has a swerve planned and will reveal that Ric is still an Eckert mole and was never really a hostage, though, so he may not count.

• Love 1

Why is Dante talking about parenthood with Kiki and not his flippin brother. Breathe. Breathe. She will soon be gone.

I missed that.  I was wondering why Lulu would think the best person to vent to about her husband is his mother.

Oh I didn't think that was that weird, Olivia usually takes Lulu's side. But "my husband doesn't want me to hang out with my ex con ex boyfriend" isn't the most sympathetic problem.

• Love 2

I'm barely watching now but I'm heading towards taking this show off my DVR.  When Michael forgives Sonny and Carly is when I'm done.  Because being nauseated by a show really isn't worth it.  I'm not watching Michael let two people who haven't learned anything back into his life.  In the end Sonny and Carly haven't lost anything and haven't learned anything.  How lovely that the only thing that will stick is that AJ was screwed.

• Love 4

Why is Dante talking about parenthood with Kiki and not his flippin brother. Breathe. Breathe. She will soon be gone.

Poor Dante. His new boss is a one-note douche, his partner has protein powder for brains, his wife is flirting with her ex, and now he has to not only be in the same as, but have a conversation with Kiki. Poor, poor Dante . . .

• Love 7

Aww, it will be the best if Jason's first memory is of Robin. That would be sweet as apple pie.

I can't even stand Jason, but it would be nice if someone remembered her.  I would have to temporarily like Jason if he was all "I remember - that nice girl that helped me!  She was supposed to come back to Port Charles with me - she must be in trouble!  And her name was ... Robin!"    

Gah - this fucking show!  This is what it's done to me.   I'm thinking nice things about Jason.  And I can almost appreciate Carly for simply being a garden-variety sociopathic narcissist instead of an unkillable, kidnapping mutant like half the characters on this show.  

• Love 3

I can't even stand Jason, but it would be nice if someone remembered her.  I would have to temporarily like Jason if he was all "I remember - that nice girl that helped me!  She was supposed to come back to Port Charles with me - she must be in trouble!  And her name was ... Robin!"    

Gah - this fucking show!  This is what it's done to me.   I'm thinking nice things about Jason.  And I can almost appreciate Carly for simply being a garden-variety sociopathic narcissist instead of an unkillable, kidnapping mutant like half the characters on this show.

Haha, I actually like this Jason, but mostly because of Billy Miller. Regardless of that, I'm a fan of JnR's bond and I think Jase remembering her first would at least give the character of Robin a bit of a payoff for sacrificing everything for him. Like, hey, the guy you went to save and lost your shitty husband and time with your daughter because of it? He has a deep caring for you, too.

• Love 5

Why is there a big deal about Sonny trying to reach Michael and warn him?  I understand that the guards are on payroll, but how about reaching Dante and warning him or Morgan who comes to visit or Kristina who visits off screen? WTF

• Love 3

Actually, I wouldn't mind a J&R.2. If this Jason is more Jason Q than Jason M. It might hurt Patprick and I am fine with that.

For any story KMc needs to he around, at least in a recurring capacity. It's my understanding that she landed a job directing for a Disney sitcom starring Zendaya, so she's probably going to be busy and largely unavailable for a while.

There were reports that she taped back in Oct and then again in Dec, and that she was supposed to be on this week, but she hasn't shown up on screen at all. So who knows what is going on.

Edited by Tiger

I think KMc only directed an episode of that Disney show. And I believe she only taped GH for one day in mid-Dec and I'm assuming she appears in Jase flashbacks or she'll be watching Sam screw her new boyfriend.

Regardless of KMc, though, this crap storyline has been going on for almost a year. Ron will have to end it at some point. And I'll be happy if Robin just gets appreciation from Jason and gets to reunite with her mother and daughter and then happily goes off-screen. I don't think that's asking for too much. I will never think it's fair to string fans along when the character isn't even on-screen.

And I'll be happy if Robin just gets appreciation from Jason and gets to reunite with her mother and daughter and then happily goes off-screen. I don't think that's asking for too much. I will never think it's fair to string fans along when the character isn't even on-screen.

Oh you poor, deluded soul. You know IF Kimberly has any scenes with Finola and/or Brooklyn, it will be to have Emma tell Robin she hates her; and for Anna to be disappointed in Robin and probably demand/accuse her--like why didn't she just come to her (Anna) and tell her the truth? Didn't she trust her? Or something like that; because Robin is never, ever, ever allowed to win or be happy.

If I'm wrong, I'll be totally shocked.

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 5

Oh you poor, deluded soul. You know IF Kimberly has any scenes with Finola and/or Brooklyn, it will be to have Emma tell Robin she hates her; and for Anna to be disappointed in Robin and probably demand/accuse her--like why didn't she just come to her (Anna) and tell her the truth? Didn't she trust her? Or something like that; because Robin is never, ever, ever allowed to win or be happy.

If I'm wrong, I'll be totally shocked.

Oh, I'm completely delusional. But I also think it would be extreme of Ron to prolong Robin's suffering when this story finally comes to an end. But I understand where you're coming from.