Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Speculation: Clink Boom and Cheese Fondue

• Start Topic

21 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

I loved Jason from '96-'98 and still watch GH clips from that period from time to time. Heh.

And now I have to eat my own hat-because I found Steve Burton kinda cute in his VERY younger(pre Jason, Days of Our Lives Harris Michaels) days. Awkward, gangly and all.  But Jason ? NEVAH. I think it's an underdog thing with me, honestly. I root for the underdog. Even if I don't particularly like them. I root for the one all the other characters dislike or outright hate. And....that's never, ever been Jason, in any form.  And it never will be. Even with TWO of them-I'm gonna take a wild guess that I'm supposed to like and root for both "Jasons". Unless they throw BM under the bus and make his character EVUL. And if I were Billy Miller, I'd be checking the want ads. No one won against SBu's Jason before. His odds aren't good.

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, IWantCandy71 said:

But Jason ? NEVAH. I think it's an underdog thing with me, honestly. I root for the underdog. Even if I don't particularly like them. I root for the one all the other characters dislike or outright hate. And....that's never, ever been Jason, in any form.  And it never will be

I get it. A lot of people do that. 

I think that the Jason/Sonny/Carly worship really got started in the '00s, though, and got worse as the years passed. I'm able to enjoy '90s Jason because he showcased emotions and thoughts and fears and he was actually a well-rounded character who loved with his whole heart. He had low self-esteem and thought his brain damage limited him from being able to have a real job. I'll always defend that Jason. He should have progressed but he never did for a variety of reasons, including Guza wanting him to be this Borg Terminator.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, HeatLifer said:

I get it. A lot of people do that. 

I think that the Jason/Sonny/Carly worship really got started in the '00s, though, and got worse as the years passed. I'm able to enjoy '90s Jason because he showcased emotions and thoughts and fears and he was actually a well-rounded character who loved with his whole heart. He had low self-esteem and thought his brain damage limited him from being able to have a real job. I'll always defend that Jason. He should have progressed but he never did for a variety of reasons, including Guza wanting him to be this Borg Terminator.

I couldn't get over the anger. I understood why he was mad. I just got tired of listening to it.

And this :

who loved with his whole heart

I felt he was Judgemental Jason right from the get go(has he ever been any other way ? NOPE)

And considering he DID have brain damage, you'd figure he'd cut some folks some slack and not be dismissing people (like his family) left and right without even knowing them. Never mind that they were better off without him, they didn't deserve what he dished out. Well, maybe Edward did.

So, different strokes. Agree to disagree.

Edited by IWantCandy71
  • Love 3
10 hours ago, IWantCandy71 said:

I will forever be stunned that anyone finds any version of Jason, ever, interesting. Or shocking.

I don't believe you were not shocked to see SBJason kidding around/smiling with Michael and Sonny, when Sonny was in the boxing ring at the gym right before Thanksgiving. C'mon now, SBJason doesn't do fun with buddies/family.  The only thing i would find more shocking than that is a scene of SBJason walking into the Q Mansion or ELQ office, wearing a suit and tie and announcing that his name is Jason Quartermaine and also that he has a burning desire for a leadership position at ELQ.

5 hours ago, HeatLifer said:

I loved Jason from '96-'98 and still watch GH clips from that period from time to time. Heh.

I have to agree and extend into 99. I think he lost me at "she who shall not be named" really.  As soon as he started in with her I feel everything changed for me and the Jason love dimmed. 

Back to spoilers. SBJason is THE Jason of course. So that's kinda boring. Any chance they'll make Drew's background interesting?

8 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

Jon Lindstrom Instagram-ed a pic of him in a tux.  Looks like they're filming the Kevin/Laura wedding. 

It fits right in with how the show values them but I'm not too happy that we went from engagement to wedding with nothing in between but a three-second scene at Thanksgiving. Say what you will about Nicky B but I hope Spencer is at this wedding. I've resigned myself, though, that this wedding will have no mention of Lucky or Nikolas, Liz's boys won't be there, possibly Charlotte won't, but inexplicably Carly and Sonny will be there.

• Love 4

Ditto.  I'm also not excited because I assume Kevin's going to be lost in the whole thing.  It'll be all about Laura, her family, her being over Luke, yadda yadda yadda.  I mean, are we really never going to see Lucy react to this?

• Love 7
7 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Ditto.  I'm also not excited because I assume Kevin's going to be lost in the whole thing.  It'll be all about Laura, her family, her being over Luke, yadda yadda yadda.  I mean, are we really never going to see Lucy react to this?

Or Scotty. Not that I particularly care about their reactions, but come on. You (Lucy) cheated on your husband with your daughter's father and presumably are still together. Now your ex-husband is engaged to the ex-wife of the aforementioned daughter's father. The story writes itself!

• Love 3
20 hours ago, Bringonthedrama said:

I don't believe you were not shocked to see SBJason kidding around/smiling with Michael and Sonny, when Sonny was in the boxing ring at the gym right before Thanksgiving. C'mon now, SBJason doesn't do fun with buddies/family.  The only thing i would find more shocking than that is a scene of SBJason walking into the Q Mansion or ELQ office, wearing a suit and tie and announcing that his name is Jason Quartermaine and also that he has a burning desire for a leadership position at ELQ.

If it happened this year, I didn't see it. Honestly, every time I check in to see what's happening, it's all SBu's face and I immediately start zoning out. I have no interest in him in any capacity. And to be fair, I'd say the same if the show were focused around ANY one character. Nobody is that interesting. And some of those bodies (him) are incredibly, unbearably dull, smug and self righteous.

I don't even really care about Kevin/Laura-but good for them getting something onscreen.  It isn't about Jason, Sonny, or Carly, so it won't be long or elaborate, but hey. Crumbs are crumbs.

• Love 4
15 minutes ago, IWantCandy71 said:

If it happened this year, I didn't see it. Honestly, every time I check in to see what's happening, it's all SBu's face and I immediately start zoning out. I have no interest in him in any capacity. And to be fair, I'd say the same if the show were focused around ANY one character. Nobody is that interesting. And some of those bodies (him) are incredibly, unbearably dull, smug and self righteous.

I don't even really care about Kevin/Laura-but good for them getting something onscreen.  It isn't about Jason, Sonny, or Carly, so it won't be long or elaborate, but hey. Crumbs are crumbs.

I fast forward the show and skip almost everything...as I did today, it appeared that Burton's scenes and the kid who plays Oscar were astronomically longer than everyone else.

He has completely taken over again.

Edited by Hater
  • Love 1
26 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

Good! Now will Spencer and Charlotte? And, god forbid, Lucky?!

At the very least, they need to have someone exposit on-screen why he's not there.  Don't just ignore his very existence, a la Brook Lynn not coming up AT ALL in relation to Ned and Olivia's wedding.

While I'm never not going to be annoyed how tipped the guest list is going to be away from Kevin, I am looking forward to seeing Lesley.  Maybe she pop by the Q's and snark for a bit with Monica?

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 3
5 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

At the very least, they need to have someone exposit on-screen why he's not there.  Don't just ignore his very existence, a la Brook Lynn not coming up AT ALL in relation to Ned and Olivia's wedding.

While I'm never not going to be annoyed how tipped the guest list is going to be away from Kevin, I am looking forward to seeing Lesley.  Maybe she pop by the Q's and snark for a bit with Monica?

Lucky came off-screen to Nik's funeral. Even though it was annoying that we didn't see him and he didn't stay for his boys, at least it was mentioned that he was there for an important life event. At the very least, you're right, they need to explain why he isn't at his mother's wedding. Even something stupid like Lulu manning the computer to Skype him to have him watch the wedding would be okay.

A mention of Nikolas wouldn't hurt, either. Or of Kevin's child(ren).

Edited by LexieLily
  • Love 1

I mean, I get the logistics of it, there's no way they can bring in every off-screen character for every soap funeral or wedding, for a bunch of reasons.

But it always irritates me when there's no explanation where these people are.  Again, talking about Ned and Olivia's wedding, we at least got to hear why Tracy wasn't coming.  But no mention of Ned's ONLY DAUGHTER in relation to his wedding?  That's bad writing.

• Love 4
13 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

But it always irritates me when there's no explanation where these people are.  Again, talking about Ned and Olivia's wedding, we at least got to hear why Tracy wasn't coming.  But no mention of Ned's ONLY DAUGHTER in relation to his wedding?  That's bad writing.

Especially since Brook knew Olivia years before in Bensonhurst. 

• Love 5
27 minutes ago, Hater said:

I fast forward the show and skip almost everything...as I did today, it appeared that Burton's scenes and the kid who plays Oscar were astronomically longer than everyone else.

He has completely taken over again.

Was this ever truly in doubt? 

Oh and hey-the Laura wedding. I guess that means Liz's children will be there. All three of them. At the same time. Proof positive that they do exist, and they are NOT an urban legend.

• Love 1
18 minutes ago, IWantCandy71 said:

Oh and hey-the Laura wedding. I guess that means Liz's children will be there. All three of them. At the same time. Proof positive that they do exist, and they are NOT an urban legend.

With this show you can never be sure that characters that should be at a special event will actually be there.

• Love 4
53 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

With this show you can never be sure that characters that should be at a special event will actually be there.

I am  just shocked the wedding of a recurring character to a woman who is not a Jerome or Corinthos, is getting airtime at all TBH.  Who locked who in the janitor's closet ?

• Love 2
1 hour ago, TeeVee329 said:

Liz: Cameron and Aiden BEGGED to be locked in the attic, what was I supposed to do!  But look, Jake's here!  Even though I've pretty much disavowed Lucky having been his father!

Oh, god, I just realized that if Liz and the boys (or just singular boy) is at the wedding, Franco will be there too. Ugh!

• Love 3

I second what Cheyanne 11 said.  Maybe Liz will find out that Franco already knew the truth, dump him, and then invite Jason or Drew to be her date to Laura's wedding, so he can spend time with Jake. 

I will guess that the "unlikely" person Sam goes to for help is Julian.  She's gone to him for help before despite her contempt for him. I expect that the bittersweet reunion will be Sam telling Jason that she has a life with Drew, he's Scout's father and the only father Danny knows, she is choosing him.  Then Jason will head to Casa Corinthos to explain to the real love of his life that he can devote all his time to the biz  (two tears shed) because Sam wants Drew for herself and the kids.  Sonny says ok, that works, the plane to Puerto Rico is fueled and ready for you. Cue weeks of Jason looking longingly at Sam and the kids from afar.

• Love 1

Was Scotty and Laura's engagement party at Wyndemere (Nik's idea) the last time Lesley had a scene with Laura??

The "let down" for Oscar - probably Drew finds out he's Oscar's father, and is not excited to be a father again. Oscar got oddly enthusiastic over Scout's name and Drew being a night owl like him. He seems like he's eager for insta-bonding with his maybe-dad. 

3 hours ago, Bringonthedrama said:

Drew being a night owl like him

Who needs DNA? That convinces me Drew is Oscar's father. It's like when Dante and Sonny discovered they both like pasta, or when Ethan and Luke drank bourbon by raising the glass to their mouths. You can't fight that kind of innate similarity.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 14
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

Who needs DNA? That convinces me Drew is Oscar's father. It's like when Dante and Sonny discovered they both like pasta, or when Ethan and Luke drank bourbon by raising the glass to their mouths. You can't fight that kind of innate similarity.

Or like when Lulu declared Charlotte had to be her daughter because she had blonde hair.

• Love 5
8 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Who needs DNA? That convinces me Drew is Oscar's father. It's like when Dante and Sonny discovered they both like pasta, 

I had the same thought. I remember the Show placing some emphasis on how Dante and Sonny both like pasta and were fans of the same team (little Morgan liked the idea of going to a game with Dante).

• Love 2

What a sad sad state the character Liz has become. Oh well. Somebody's got to prop the flop. 

Silver lining for Friz haters - this is probably the beginning of the end. An engagement surrounded by lies. Not good.

• Love 1

Becky Herbst can't win though. There's no way a Jason is going to choose her, especially Burton.  If Friz is over, she's back to being the Nurse Who Comes On Set When They Need A Nurse.  Less even than Amy right now.

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, BF4L said:

What a sad sad state the character Liz has become. Oh well. Somebody's got to prop the flop. 

Silver lining for Friz haters - this is probably the beginning of the end. An engagement surrounded by lies. Not good.

Doubtful.  Friz is the only thing that works for Roger and FV will continue to latch onto that in order to keep him on the show.

• Love 4
6 minutes ago, Hater said:

Doubtful.  Friz is the only thing that works for Roger and FV will continue to latch onto that in order to keep him on the show.

Roger hasn't worked for 5+ years and Frank will never let go but I doubt he cares about Friz. When they end, they'll find someone else to prop him.

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, BF4L said:

Roger hasn't worked for 5+ years and Frank will never let go but I doubt he cares about Friz. When they end, they'll find someone else to prop him.

Well that's true.

Altman has a fascination with them, I know that.  That was sort of Jean and Shelly's baby since they created the pairing. Friz fans are just overly confident that it's never going to end no matter what, and Becky constantly talks Roho up in magazines.  She hasn't really made a splash about Burton either.  Not like Kelly who has been completely silent, but she hasn't been "rah rah" either.

Edited by Hater
  • Love 1