Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Speculation: Clink Boom and Cheese Fondue

• Start Topic

On ‎8‎/‎31‎/‎2017 at 1:37 PM, Chairperson Meow said:

I'm taking a hiatus from this show till we have JasonxJason.  Or Jasus Squared if you will.   Let me know when our days are going to get brighter.   

I'm way late with this, as I am in the process of moving and working 12 plus hour days since Harvey hit-but why oh why in the world would Jason and Jason mean the days would get brighter?

Cheese factor, yes. Out the wazoo with that. But brighter? I personally find Jakeson, Jason, Sam, and Liz, to be four of the most UNBRIGHT(both in intelligence and screen presence) characters GH has. And the very thought that those four are going to be on the screen probably even more than they were when I last watched-it sounds like pure unadulterated bleakness and darkness to me.

This show has almost *always* focused on nimrod characters as the leads. At least, for the last 20 plus years.  It would be infuriating if I cared.

I will say that it could turn the show into a "so bad it's good" thing ?

NAH.

Edited by IWantCandy71
  • Love 1
10 hours ago, IWantCandy71 said:

I personally find Jakeson, Jason, Sam, and Liz, to be four of the most UNBRIGHT(both in intelligence and screen presence) characters GH has. And the very thought that those four are going to be on the screen probably even more than they were when I last watched-it sounds like pure unadulterated bleakness and darkness to me.

Liz will get no extra screen time, unless it is to prop Franco some more.  I can guarantee that, despite the fact that she should be as affected by a Real!Jason return as Sam, she will be an after thought in the story at best.

• Love 6
37 minutes ago, katie9918 said:

This is why I hate ANY Jason; the Liz and Sam fan bases are once again sharpening their knives, despite the fact that any real fans of either character should want their girls far away from the brain-damaged serial killer.

I'm Jarly and I think Carly perversely deserves the brain-damaged serial killer.  It's hard for me to see how Carly could "wreck" Jason any more than he's been wrecked already by the TIIC of this fakakta show. 

• Love 2

Ava finds herself facing a moral dilemma.

She faced a moral dilemma last week and chose to betray Nikolas and Spencer for her own gain, so....

Valentin wants to leave his past in the past.

What past? 

An old foe of Nikolas surfaces.

Who qualifies as an old foe of Nikolas? TeeVee329 mentioned Britt. Hayden only just left town. Why do we care about an old foe of Nikolas if Nikolas isn't here?

• Love 3

FV is probably planning to bring back the soccer dad recast with the cartoon voice for Ava. They still haven't figured out what to do with her, but they refuse to let her go, so they're going to drag Nik further into the gutter so Ava can be a pwincess. Didn't work for Hayden but I'm sure it'll be totally different this time

• Love 2

Mac and Felicia are astonished.

Neither can believe they're getting air time.

12 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

Also, it really kinda sounds like Michael and Nelle are going to get engaged, right?  Barf.

All so someone from Nelle's past can pop up at the ceremony just in time to object, no doubt.

12 hours ago, LexieLily said:

Valentin wants to leave his past in the past.

What past? 

His days as a hunchback, maybe? With the scoliosis story, they've been pushing that pretty hard.

Edited by dubbel zout
commas are important
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, Oracle42 said:

FV is probably planning to bring back the soccer dad recast with the cartoon voice for Ava. They still haven't figured out what to do with her, but they refuse to let her go, so they're going to drag Nik further into the gutter so Ava can be a pwincess. Didn't work for Hayden but I'm sure it'll be totally different this time

They really want to portray Ava and Nik as real loves. I LOL every damn time I see her talking about him. I know MW has a lot of fans, but this role was never great and she's very much been overacting for a loooong time.

• Love 2
13 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

Next week's spoilers from TV Source: https://tvsourcemagazine.com/2017/09/general-hospital-spoilers-september-25-29-2017-edition/

Britt kinda sorta fits that description so I'm gonna pretend it's her because it makes me happy.  Maybe she's working at Valentin's Russian clinic! 

Also, it really kinda sounds like Michael and Nelle are going to get engaged, right?  Barf.

God.   Is Micheal going to propose to all the women he dates?  

• Love 3
2 hours ago, HeatLifer said:

They really want to portray Ava and Nik as real loves. I LOL every damn time I see her talking about him. I know MW has a lot of fans, but this role was never great and she's very much been overacting for a loooong time.

Nik's family members haven't mourned him, Lulu never brings up his name as one of her issues with Valentin, but Ava wanders around acting like she lost her soulmate after inserting herself into his business (via blackmail) for two days.

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, Oracle42 said:

Nik's family members haven't mourned him, Lulu never brings up his name as one of her issues with Valentin, but Ava wanders around acting like she lost her soulmate after inserting herself into his business (via blackmail) for two days.

I disagree with the first two points. Laura, Lulu, and Spencer all mourned Nik, and the civil lawsuit is part of that. Lulu brings up Valentin killing Nik a lot.

I totally agree that Ava is acting as if she and Nik were some great love story for the ages, when her initial goal was to scam him. Shut up about Nik, Ava.

• Love 4

When did they mourn him? I miss a lot but I know I've seen Ava ridiculously sighing over him more often than I've heard Lulu, Laura, Alexis, any of her daughter's or Liz talk about him - and that's all of them combined. The only person who got anywhere near a normal mourning story is Spencer and he spent part of that talking to Ava. 

And Lulu was painted as having baby rabies instead of being written as rabidly determined that the man who murdered her brother wouldn't be raising her daughter. And she wasn't even in the usual GH MurderousBabyDaddy club. She wasn't backing away from a shitty decision that she made with her eyes wide open. She didn't choose this; she was victimized in every possible way  (by Helena and Valentin) and she was still written as the bad guy in story with a man who murdered her brother and stole her embryo. Lulu was very close to Nik, but that was never the focus of the story

• Love 4

We might have different standards of mourning. Nik got a memorial service/prayer circle (admittedly, it was pretty lame) and people talked and cried about him. Spencer has launched a wrongful-death suit against Valentin. Laura often gets teary when Nik is mentioned. Lulu reminds Valentin he killed Nik. I agree Liz hasn't done much.

I don't need more than this, but others might. 

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 1

Less than the Morgan/Duke ridiculousness, but certainly more than we got. Nik's murder should have been a driving force in Lulu's custody battle. But since it's actually a legit argument, it was brought up late in the story and treated like an afterthought when they bothered to mention it.

I dunno, if Lulu hadn't just been thrown under the bus for that Dante/Val shit, or if Valentin weren't such a crappy character, or if FV wasn't treating GH vets like they were disposable, while bending over backwards to make shitty, badly written additions work - maybe this would bother me less. But probably not.

• Love 5

Alexis is annoyed with Sam

Who Isn't?  I know I am.  Even Carly is annoyed with her about her sobbing over Jason and wanting to take him home.   Maybe Alexis is annoyed that she, Monica, Molly and Kristina having to take care of Sam's kids all the time.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Oracle42 said:

Less than the Morgan/Duke ridiculousness, but certainly more than we got. Nik's murder should have been a driving force in Lulu's custody battle. But since it's actually a legit argument, it was brought up late in the story and treated like an afterthought when they bothered to mention it.

I dunno, if Lulu hadn't just been thrown under the bus for that Dante/Val shit, or if Valentin weren't such a crappy character, or if FV wasn't treating GH vets like they were disposable, while bending over backwards to make shitty, badly written additions work - maybe this would bother me less. But probably not.

I think the show thought they were making it a driving force but as soon as Valentin showed up in Port Charles and was able to take Wyndemere and kick Spencer and Laura out because he was magically cleared of every single charge, even the custody battle treated Nik's murder like it didn't matter in reference to Charlotte's care and safety.

14 hours ago, Neptune said:

I'm trying to think of enemies of Nik.  Beyond his family, I can't think of any.  Well, Britt and Faison,  I guess.

Omg.  If these moron writers bring Steve Burton back to be Faison with a face recreated to look like original Jason, I will watch this shit show daily.  That's a classic James E Reilly move, but with the one person who can't act it out.   Which is phenomenal.   

Srsly.  Nik didn't have beef with old Jason, just new Jason.  He took ELQ.   Like og Jason would care, it's not Sonny Inc

• Love 3

Franco wants to start over with a clean slate

Again? 

A shocking return puts a wrench in things

LOL.

2 hours ago, Chairperson Meow said:

I'm trying to think of enemies of Nik.  Beyond his family, I can't think of any.  Well, Britt and Faison,  I guess.

I wouldn't call Britt an enemy, even. Just deeply misguided for Cassadine peen. Maybe Obrecht does something? She and Nik weren't exactly besties.

• Love 1
On 9/22/2017 at 4:07 PM, dubbel zout said:

We might have different standards of mourning. Nik got a memorial service/prayer circle (admittedly, it was pretty lame) and people talked and cried about him. Spencer has launched a wrongful-death suit against Valentin. Laura often gets teary when Nik is mentioned. Lulu reminds Valentin he killed Nik. I agree Liz hasn't done much.

I don't need more than this, but others might. 

No one had sex on his grave.   That's the standard for grieving now. 

On 9/23/2017 at 9:33 AM, stlbf said:

At least this would seemingly secure Nell's demise? So, brightside?

If she sings,  we celebrate.   

God.  I don't want another Nurses Ball.  Please.   

• Love 1
1 hour ago, the brother said:

Is SBU Drew?

47 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I think it's more likely BM is, but who knows.

And they have the same memories because they're twins, even though they were raised apart? 

I'm still waiting to see how both of these guys remember being Jason.

I am sure it's going to be idiotic.

Edited by rur
  • Love 4
7 hours ago, rur said:

And they have the same memories because they're twins, even though they were raised apart? 

Helena. The answer is always Helena.

• Love 7
16 hours ago, rur said:

Helena. The answer is always Helena.

That's totally going to be it.  Somehow, "Drew" didn't die, but was taken by Helena back to Cassadine Island and brainwashed over the course of three decades to be her anti-Jason foot soldier.  Because, reasons.  

• Love 4

I will accept that. Seriously. The story is so stupid from the get-go that Helena may as well be the cause of it all. She has a history of causing trouble in Port Charles. I like Helena as the reason more than Heather, whom they too conveniently make some sort of scapegoat for evil.

• Love 3
22 hours ago, rur said:

Because everyone knows the Legend of Jasus Almighty.  

God.  This would make so much more sense if it was just not dead AJ rather than twins that chilled with Franco.  AJ would know Jason's life and Helena could just get him drunk and brainwash him.  That I would buy.   But twins that are ten years apart, different heights?  Nah.  

• Love 5

As Patient 6 roams the streets of Russia he meets a surprising stranger who offers help, but should he trust this person? #GH

Is this Nikolas' enemy from the spoilers?  Or Tamara Braun maybe?

Sam plays matchmaker with Alexis and Dr. Bensch #GH

1) Hey, the show remembered that Dr. Bensch treated Sam for a hot second there.

2) Gawd, poor JDP, being wasted on this until Julian gets back.

• Love 4
17 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

As Patient 6 roams the streets of Russia he meets a surprising stranger who offers help, but should he trust this person? #GH

Is this Nikolas' enemy from the spoilers?  Or Tamara Braun maybe?

Is this person a stranger only to Patient 6? IOW, do we know it is? TB could be both; we recognize her as someone we need to be aware of (because she's TB) but don't know her character.

I'm probably overthinking this.

18 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Sam plays matchmaker with Alexis and Dr. Bensch #GH

1) Hey, the show remembered that Dr. Bensch treated Sam for a hot second there.

2) Gawd, poor JDP, being wasted on this until Julian gets back.

LOL. But JdP has played Bensch slimy enough that maybe sparks will try to fly. 

• Love 2
19 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Is this person a stranger only to Patient 6? IOW, do we know it is? TB could be both; we recognize her as someone we need to be aware of (because she's TB) but don't know her character.

I'm probably overthinking this.

Yeah, I've been getting the sense (and the show's writers are lazy/don't care about its history) that the enemy of Nikolas' will be a new character retconned into his history.  So I could see that being where they slot in Tamara Braun.

It also depends on how big a part this enemy of Nik plays. It could be a day player plot point. Frank loves to save money. Example: Did we know Petrov (as an actual person, not just a name tossed around) before that dumb meeting where Sonny tries to resign but ends up shooting Petrov instead?

Edited by dubbel zout
21 hours ago, Chairperson Meow said:

This would make so much more sense if it was just not dead AJ rather than twins that chilled with Franco.  AJ would know Jason's life and Helena could just get him drunk and brainwash him.  That I would buy.   But twins that are ten years apart, different heights?

How? If BM is too young to be Jason's twin (and he definitely is), why would it make sense for him to be Jason's older brother? 

And honestly, unless they were going to have Sam pick AJ specifically because he's not Jason , what would be the point? 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Oracle42 said:

How? If BM is too young to be Jason's twin (and he definitely is), why would it make sense for him to be Jason's older brother? 

And honestly, unless they were going to have Sam pick AJ specifically because he's not Jason , what would be the point? 

Eh they've rewritten every aspect of Jason's life and then changed it and rewrote it again.  AJ played by BM would be an easy thing to hand wave, as it brings more story/soap to a very boring show masquerading as a daytime drama.  We would have people happy  (Liz, Monica), people mad (Sonny,  Carly), and people confused (Sam, Micheal).  Meanwhile, you get a complex story of a core non mob family that can make sense being integrated by the core mob family.   There's much much more story to mine out.  Instead we get an  unknown twin who will have to be crammed into stories.  After the initial Jason reveal, then what?   We go back to pre2012.  Yawn.  Nope.

• Love 4

I found some old videos on You Tube of Jason's birth and they also rewrote that in that Susan didn't leave Port Charles because Alan was trying to get custody of her unborn baby--she left because he was dragging his feet about leaving Monica and she had enough.  They talked on the phone when she was in the hospital after giving birth and he still wanted them to be together.  And they were for awhile when she came back.  So all this "Susan was scared of Alan" is a lot of bull.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Cheyanne11 said:

I found some old videos on You Tube of Jason's birth and they also rewrote that in that Susan didn't leave Port Charles because Alan was trying to get custody of her unborn baby--she left because he was dragging his feet about leaving Monica and she had enough.  They talked on the phone when she was in the hospital after giving birth and he still wanted them to be together.  And they were for awhile when she came back.  So all this "Susan was scared of Alan" is a lot of bull.

It doesn't have to be a rewrite. Franco's mother is already lying to him about Drew being dead and has been lying to him for decades. That could be just another lie that Heather told her to say to him.