Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Speculation: Clink Boom and Cheese Fondue

• Start Topic

I'd like to be interested in Valentin Cassadine, but only if he's a well written villain who is treated and talked about as a villain, and someone who is truly menacing and scary. I don't have faith they can do it right. They wasted Thaao Penghlis as Victor, chances are whoever JPS is going to play, Valentin or otherwise, they will waste him, too. Honestly, my main interest in Valentin would be if it's an umbrella story. I don't really have any interest in him terrorizing the players who are supposed to be on CI. But throw him in a story with JE for whatever reason, and I'll watch it. I need a reason to watch this show-I haven't watched in two weeks. And I hate that I'm missing Killon, but I honestly don't feel I'm missing anything else, since  they are wasting the Qs.

• Love 2

Sam and Jason figure out they should look for Nik on his family's private island? Boy, that took some deep thinking and first-class detective skills.

RME.

• Love 14

So, GH had ME, RoHo, and Thaao Pengalis to play any character ever on Earth.....but they dig deep within the way back machine from the Where Are They Now of AMC to get a guy to play Valentin Cassadine?    When they literally created 5 characters for ME and then resurrected a useless character for RoHo because nothing else was creepy enough for him, they pull this random guy to play the creepiest villain ever?  Logic.  They has none.

• Love 9

I can't. 

Nik successfully fakes his death, then takes a COMMERCIAL FLIGHT to London and follows that up by heading to his FAMILY'S PRIVATE ISLAND. Way to be stealth, Nicky!

• Love 12

So Claudette is CJ? Further proof that OLTL is still on someone's mind. CJ was Jessica's cousin on OLTL by the way so there's that. As for CJ on GH, is she just going to carry on with this masquerade while Nathan says nothing to Maxie about it? I'll betcha this is what happens. Nathan covers for Claudette while subsequently lying to Maxie yet again.

39 minutes ago, Oracle42 said:

Nik successfully fakes his death, then takes a COMMERCIAL FLIGHT to London and follows that up by heading to his FAMILY'S PRIVATE ISLAND. Way to be stealth, Nicky!

But he usually flies a private jet directly to his island! This really shook things up!

Do the writers bet one another how little effort they can put into a story?

• Love 9
17 minutes ago, Syndicate said:

So Claudette is CJ? Further proof that OLTL is still on someone's mind. CJ was Jessica's cousin on OLTL by the way so there's that. As for CJ on GH, is she just going to carry on with this masquerade while Nathan says nothing to Maxie about it? I'll betcha this is what happens. Nathan covers for Claudette while subsequently lying to Maxie yet again.

I dunno if Claudette calling herself "CJ" is supposed to refer back to  OLTL's CJ, who was never seen on-screen as an adult.  Is the "J" just her last name from before she married Nathan?

In any case, Nathan and/or Griffin allowing her to masquerade as "CJ" for any length of time while Maxie is left in the dark sounds soooo stupid.  Gawd, I hate everything about this storyline.

47 minutes ago, Chairperson Meow said:

So, GH had ME, RoHo, and Thaao Pengalis to play any character ever on Earth.....but they dig deep within the way back machine from the Where Are They Now of AMC to get a guy to play Valentin Cassadine?

Well, TP had already played Victor Cassadine back in the day.  I'm still mystified why the show threw that character away so quickly.

• Love 3
(edited)
10 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

I dunno if Claudette calling herself "CJ" is supposed to refer back to  OLTL's CJ, who was never seen on-screen as an adult.  Is the "J" just her last name from before she married Nathan?

In any case, Nathan and/or Griffin allowing her to masquerade as "CJ" for any length of time while Maxie is left in the dark sounds soooo stupid.  Gawd, I hate everything about this storyline.

Oh I'm more than convinced that they've given her those ridiculous initials as the latest throwback to OLTL.

Edited by Syndicate
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Chairperson Meow said:

So, GH had ME, RoHo, and Thaao Pengalis to play any character ever on Earth.....but they dig deep within the way back machine from the Where Are They Now of AMC to get a guy to play Valentin Cassadine?

Yeah, I could see Michael Easton as a Cassadine, but James Patrick Stuart, not so much. It's not even that I see him as Will Cortlandt; to me, he'll always be that guy on Seinfeld who'd go into a trance every time "Desperado" came on the radio.

• Love 4
(edited)

Have we even had confirmation that Valentin is who JPS is playing? All I've seen thus far is guessticulating on Twitter due to something Jamey Giddens said. Hardly solid, but I'm not saying it's not true. Just would like something more official. I'm afraid to be excited. I know how, as I and others said above, they have wasted wonderful opportunities with villains in the past. I personally don't find Valentin up against Laura, Kevin, Jason and Sam to be the least bit exciting. I want it to be an umbrella story, mainly because I want to see Tracy mispronounce his name and call him "Valentine" by mistake/on purpose. Because you know she will. Her, Nik, Ava, Helena, even Hayden and Dr O, up against Valentin? GOLD.

Sonny, Carly, Jason, Sam, Laura, Kevin, Alexis, Julian, Kristina, Molly up against Valentin? SNOOZE.

Edited by IWantCandy71
  • Love 4
4 minutes ago, fishcakes said:

Yeah, I could see Michael Easton as a Cassadine, but James Patrick Stuart, not so much. It's not even that I see him as Will Cortlandt; to me, he'll always be that guy on Seinfeld who'd go into a trance every time "Desperado" came on the radio.

HA!  I wasn't watching AMC when he was on it, but I certainly remember "Desperado", and Elaine's attempt to get him into "Witchy Woman".

• Love 2
48 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Well, TP had already played Victor Cassadine back in the day.  I'm still mystified why the show threw that character away so quickly.

He probably offended RC on Twitter 

• Love 2
(edited)

Well, you know. Just because JPS may be Valentin, doesn't mean Dr Michael Easton isn't a Cassadine, too. I am still waiting for some big reveal about him. He's too good to be true, to the point that unless he and Tracy are sparring, I couldn't care less. ME is just better at being slightly bad, I think. You know, it could be like Batman, where Liam Neeson was really Rhas Al Ghul all along, but pretending to be someone else?

Wouldn't it be fun, if JPS was pretending to be Valentin for his employer, Dr Michael Easton-who is actually taking the drugs because he has the blood issue the Cassadines have, or he is Mikkos, or some other frozen Cassadine who needs the drugs to stay unthawed? As others have said, the GH in my head-so much more fun.

He probably offended RC on Twitter 

Or like so many other actors, they just couldn't use him properly. He is rocking the house as Andre on Days-but TP could always do a smarmy villain so well.

Edited by IWantCandy71
  • Love 5

What is the deal with Valentin again?  He's another bastard spawn of Mikkos?  Or he's a brother of Mikkos'?  Or he's related to the Cassadines some other way?

I will enjoy whatever scraps of this Laura and Kevin get to be involved in.

• Love 5
(edited)

Valentin is Mikkos's illegitimate, disowned son, and presumably the most evil of all Cassadines. Even Helena said she was afraid of him.

Edited by fishcakes
  • Love 4
(edited)

Okay, so that makes him Alexis' half-brother, and Nikolas/Sam/Kristina/Molly's uncle.  If Valentin throws Nikolas and Spencer out on their asses, he will have my support.

Haven't we heard that there's a female character with a child we're going to meet on Cassadine Island too?  Is Valentin coming to town with a whole family?

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 5

I don't think Valentin was ever described as anything other than a Cassadine who was so evil even Helena was afraid of him.

They really kind of messed up by even saying that. The only actors who could pull off making CT shake in her boots, are dead now.

3 hours ago, Oracle42 said:

I can't. 

Well we knew Nikolas Cassadine was really trying to hide out when he decided to use the alias Niles Carradine. He used most of the letters from his real name.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

From the spoilers I don't know if Maxie figures it out or Nathan comes straight out & tells her that his trifling ex is back in town but they question her real motives for why she is back in town on the 7th. This is after she shows up at Crimson on the 5th which I thought I read here is her 1st airdate. There is also a spoiler that he suppose too meet Maxie at MC but Claudette shows up. I don't know what happens first her surprising Nathan or going too Crimson. For Nathan's sake I hope it's the latter. My educated Guess is that he tells her after he sees her.

I don't think Griffin sees her at all not for a while. With this shows pacing & drop story lines for wks at a time I think that's what is going to happen here. At least that's what I hope. The less of Molly & Claudette the better.

As far as TP goes I wish they would rescue him from the cartoon that is Andre on Day's.

New, 7/14/2016, Drama, Soap Opera
Maxie find out some shocking information; Liz and Franco dig each other's past up and learn about his criminal history and her checkered love life; Carly does not know of Nina's efforts to find Josslyn a kidney donor.

uh, what? Why would Liz need to dig up his past? What more does she need to know? 

• Love 7

As far as TP goes I wish they would rescue him from the cartoon that is Andre on Day's.

He's cartoonish, yes, but that's part of the fun. And-he's entertaining. I'm willing to embrace the Kandre thing until it stops being entertaining, especially when so little on Days and GH is even worthy of discussion.

Back to Valentin-again, I'm willing to give him a chance, as long as it's an umbrella story. I don't really give two craps about Valentin terrorizing Laura or Lulu. I have to fight a yawn just imagining that. No Alexis either. I already know, 55 year old Alexis will continue to pretend to be pregnant because she's skeered of Valentin. Who cares? Not me.

It's really too bad they took away Tracy's villainous tendencies years ago. It's also too bad the brain worms made her nicer instead of getting her scheme on. Because I'd take her and Valentin making some peeps suffer for a minute, over pretty much anything else this show got going on. She'd have to have the requisite change of heart in time to help defeat him of course, but the ride would be worth it. Ah, well. What might have been.

• Love 2
55 minutes ago, NiqueAlexis said:

I'm not sure returning to GH is exactly a step up.

34 minutes ago, ulkis said:

Carly does not know of Nina's efforts to find Josslyn a kidney donor

Whaaaaat? When I asked for more cast integration, this is not what I meant. Talk about be careful what you wish for.

• Love 6
45 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I'm not sure returning to GH is exactly a step up.

Whaaaaat? When I asked for more cast integration, this is not what I meant. Talk about be careful what you wish for.

Probably not but Days is at the bottom of the barrel soap wise he can't go nowhere but up from there. Though your right GH isn't any better. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

Yeah!  I mean, what are they even talking about?  Nina helped find Joss a kidney back then?  Huh??  Or, do they mean Nina is now trying to find out who the kidney doner was back then?  If the latter, the wording of that spoiler is wonky.

6 hours ago, Chairperson Meow said:

So, GH had ME, RoHo, and Thaao Pengalis to play any character ever on Earth.....but they dig deep within the way back machine from the Where Are They Now of AMC to get a guy to play Valentin Cassadine?    When they literally created 5 characters for ME and then resurrected a useless character for RoHo because nothing else was creepy enough for him, they pull this random guy to play the creepiest villain ever?  Logic.  They has none.

He's not a random guy, though. He's a talented character actor who's had more success in major primetime television than any of the actors you just mentioned, especially in the last decade.

• Love 5

I think maybe they are just saying "random" as in, bringing on yet another actor we don't have room for, when an actor already hanging around coulda done the job.

And I agree, sort of. I don't see why they can't reveal Valentin looks just like Franco, and have RoHo do a dual role until they kill one of them off, and/or I don't see why ME, since he was coming back, couldn't have been Valentin. I mean, JPS is good. But so what? A lot of these actors are "good", and can't get more than ten minutes a week airtime. Why bring on yet another one who is going to suck up even more space. It's a stupid move.

• Love 5

Oh, hell.  Nina being involved in the Joss story makes me fear they might pair her with Jax, even if it's just a one night stand or something.  No. No. No. No. No. No.  

• Love 12
1 hour ago, Fellaway said:

Yeah!  I mean, what are they even talking about?  Nina helped find Joss a kidney back then?  Huh??  Or, do they mean Nina is now trying to find out who the kidney doner was back then?  If the latter, the wording of that spoiler is wonky.

Maybe Joss's mystery kidney is failing.

• Love 1
32 minutes ago, KerleyQ said:

Oh, hell.  Nina being involved in the Joss story makes me fear they might pair her with Jax, even if it's just a one night stand or something.  No. No. No. No. No. No.  

REPENT!!!!! REPENT REPENT REPENT!!!!!

• Love 12
48 minutes ago, LeftPhalange said:

WHY THE FUCK IS NINA

There ya go.

More importantly, why the fuck was Finola doing an event with The Staff?!?  

• Love 7

However, if this leads to my dream of Nina/Sonny, then I guess sacrifices will be made.   Let Carly and Nina fight over Sonny.    That could be the funniest shit to ever grace this show.   I think we've passed the point of no return.   

• Love 5

So if Dr Mays is really dead, is it too much to hope for that the hospital killer is Tracy? I saw somewhere it would be a shock. I can't  think of anything more shocking than using a character who is normally only around to prop others. Besides, she's like Finn's biggest champion besides Haychel. It could be interesting, but it'd be all about everyone else.

Yeah, but then we'd have to watch Sonny/Carly do the Ultimate Told Ya So Dance as Tracy gets carted away to Pentonville.   Sonny will probably just claim the Q mansion is his because he's stupid and thinks it's a moral victory or perhaps Carly will file a wrongful death suit against the Q's against them and take ELQ and everything they have because Tracy tried to kill Lucas and that's worse than Sonny murdering AJ.  So we'd see the ultimate destruction of the Q's.  Nope.   I'd rather it be anyone else.  

• Love 4

I have a feeling if the hospital killer isn't Dr. Mayes, it'll be Nurse Amy #2. The 'shock' will be because she's just so darn cheerful and upbeat, why would she kill anyone? But we'll learn that as a child she.... zzzzzzz. Sorry, bored myself straight into prime unconscious victim of the Hospital Serial Killer territory.

Why the fuck can't this asshole be useful and expand their ground outside GH? 

• Love 7
2 hours ago, Badsamaritan said:

I have a feeling if the hospital killer isn't Dr. Mayes, it'll be Nurse Amy #2. The 'shock' will be because she's just so darn cheerful and upbeat, why would she kill anyone? But we'll learn that as a child she.... zzzzzzz. Sorry, bored myself straight into prime unconscious victim of the Hospital Serial Killer territory.

Why the fuck can't this asshole be useful and expand their ground outside GH? 

Sonny.  Lol.   Nah.  She'll be a long lost child of Tony Jones because the show hasn't shit on enough legacy characters.   And because we wanted more hospital stories and mentions of history,  dammit.   

• Love 1
On ‎7‎/‎2‎/‎2016 at 4:41 PM, Chairperson Meow said:

Yeah, but then we'd have to watch Sonny/Carly do the Ultimate Told Ya So Dance as Tracy gets carted away to Pentonville.   Sonny will probably just claim the Q mansion is his because he's stupid and thinks it's a moral victory or perhaps Carly will file a wrongful death suit against the Q's against them and take ELQ and everything they have because Tracy tried to kill Lucas and that's worse than Sonny murdering AJ.  So we'd see the ultimate destruction of the Q's.  Nope.   I'd rather it be anyone else.  

I doubt they'd do something so stupid as making her the killer. I'm just trying to think of someone who might get the audience's attention and truly surprise them. The following people have also crossed my mind: Valerie-wasn't her mom hospitalized or in a nursing home before her death? She could have the motive of not wanting to see other elderly people suffering, problem is-she has a full time job, so she isn't exactly free to just randomly be there to off patients at the hospital. Kind of curious that she is assigned to the hospital case, though. Morgan-yeah supposedly he was institutionalized during some of the killings-but it could come out that there were times he was unaccounted for. Problem with him is, motive. Tracy and Monica both crossed my mind as well. Dr O, Dr Mayes, Nurse Amy, Finn himself-none of those would be shocking to me. I can't think of anyone else it could be that would make me think "whoa, never saw that coming". Sabrina maybe, but we know she was on the run and not in town.

• Love 1

Not sure whether to put this in spec or spoilers cause it's probably just rumor-but just in case: was reading at DD last night and saw someone mention  Raymond being cast-but no source? James DePaiva and Bob Woods were both mentioned. Eh. If they are just going to make him The Evul-we have that coming in Theo/Valentin. I like JD, but was only a Max Holden fan in his very early years, when the character was a schemer. He got boring quick, and I've never seen him play any other role. Bob Woods, UGH. NO

17 minutes ago, IWantCandy71 said:

Not sure whether to put this in spec or spoilers cause it's probably just rumor-but just in case: was reading at DD last night and saw someone mention  Raymond being cast-but no source? 

I was like "Who the fuck is Raymond?" lol!

I have no doubt that he'll be cast eventually.

• Love 3

I have no doubt that he'll be cast eventually.

Other than the obvious bloated cast issue, I don't have a problem with this if the actor is good and the character is a truly multi layered, fun to watch guy with an actual purpose. If he's painted into a corner before ever even appearing, I say don't bother. And if the rumor that he paid Heather to kidnap/steal either Hayden or Liz as a baby is true, he's ruined already. You can't write someone as a regular cast member like that, unless they are a true villain for short term plot point purposes only. I do want to see Tracy with a man, though-if JE is sticking around. If just about every other woman on this show can have one or more men vying for their affections, so can she. He can't be a total jerk, though, and I'm afraid, unless they go the "falsely accused" route, that Raymond will be exactly that.

The last thing this fakakta show needs is another character. I don't care who he's tied to. Hayden's mother was a waste of time, so I have no doubt her father will be, too. Write for the existing characters, FFS.

• Love 7