Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Speculation: Clink Boom and Cheese Fondue

• Start Topic

If Show can whitewash Sonny and his endless reign of terror because dimples, then I dgaf about Liz and Franco being a thing.  It gets less MSt whining about babies while acting like a baby, Liz isn't Jason's doormat, and Sonny has done worse than Franco in his neverending tenure of Town Saint.  Two names: Karen Wexler and AJ Quartemaine.  At least Franco gets treated like garbage.  

• Love 6

I don't understand why they don't have Ric on more. Maybe RiHe doesn't wanna do it. It's unfathomable to me that they never gave us Ric reacting to Liz's lies.

I feel like Liz fucking Franco is definitely much more character damaging than her Jason lie. He kidnapped her kid. She's a rape survivor, he's a rapist. I don't know it's just really gross. I think BH and RoHo have great chem, but sometimes it's not worth it, writers!

Meanwhile there are other people out there with chem that they refuse to put together. These writers, man!

• Love 2
18 hours ago, UYI said:

The thing that gets me is that a rape survivor is becoming involved with a rapist (brain tumor my ass, it was rape). I'm not Liz's biggest fan or anything, but that is just beyond gross. 

This whole show is gross, basically. 

• Love 7
(edited)

The only one that really makes sense with Franco is Ava. They have a history, they sort of share a daughter and neither has any claims of being a good person. RoHo and MW definitely spark together, so I don't know why they insist on doing something that makes absolutely no sense whatsoever when an organic pairing is right there. But whatever. I'm certainly not clamoring for the two of them to be paired, but if it comes down to a choice between her and (vomit) Sonny or her and ME, I would definitely choose Franco. That's how much I hate the other two pairings.

Edited by tvgoddess
  • Love 5
(edited)
2 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

I don't understand why they don't have Ric on more. Maybe RiHe doesn't wanna do it. It's unfathomable to me that they never gave us Ric reacting to Liz's lies.

That doesn't sound like something Becky would do. She seems like she's always liked working with him. I think the show is just being stupid, as per usual. 

I wouldn't be surprised if she's pissed about being paired with Franco, though. but going along with it because she wants to support her kids, especially after her recent contract mess. 

ETA: Disregard! RiHe=Rick Hearst. Duh. *smacks forehead* 

48 minutes ago, tvgoddess said:

I don't know why they insist on doing something that makes absolutely no sense whatsoever when an organic pairing is right there. 

God forbid the show concede that forcing a couple on a show works much less compared to finding an organic pairing. 

Edited by UYI
(edited)
7 hours ago, tvgoddess said:

The only one that really makes sense with Franco is Ava. They have a history, they sort of share a daughter and neither has any claims of being a good person. RoHo and MW definitely spark together, so I don't know why they insist on doing something that makes absolutely no sense whatsoever when an organic pairing is right there. But whatever. I'm certainly not clamoring for the two of them to be paired, but if it comes down to a choice between her and (vomit) Sonny or her and ME, I would definitely choose Franco. That's how much I hate the other two pairings.

I think this Liz/Franco...thing is about tying Franco to the canvas. Pairing Franco with Nina or Ava further isolates him because most of the cast has no real reason to voluntarily interact with any of them. Liz pulls Franco into more stories.

Given what I've seen from JP/SA so far, I can't imagine they're going to put in the time and effort to make Franco/Liz not a trainwreck less of a trainwreck

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 5

We're not going to get any depth in the writing, but I'd at least like Liz to be horrified she's starting to have feelings for Franco. But I bet instead she'll fall for him because she's so grateful he's helping Jake. Gag.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, tvgoddess said:

I feel like even someone like Ava getting with Freako would still be ridiculous. I mean, I hate her, but she's just a murdering lying selfish mobster. Freako is a serial killer who fake rapes women and gets teenage boys raped in prison. No one on canvas is a big enough deviant to be realistically paired with him.

• Love 5
(edited)

Franco and Ava make some sense to me in a Carlo and Alex from OLTL sort of way. Ava is a murdering gangster, Franco is a serial killer. She has a preexisting and long-standing relationship with him, and MW and RH have had serious chemistry since the beginning.

That being said, it would not fit with what they want to do to keep 'redeeming' either character in these lame ways, and chemistry or not Franco should still be removed from this show immediately. The idea of pairing Liz with a rapist serial killer is beyond monstrous.

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 13

Any reaction that is not "Who am I to judge?" would just make him a hateful hypocrite, so it's probably for the best that they didn't.

• Love 3

True. Still not a serial killer. Ric is no prize (especially after last year's hijinks and yes, I am including his 'performance' at the Nurses Ball) but he's not Franco.

• Love 3
(edited)

I don't think Ric has the high ground over Liz in general - and even in this specifically. It's not high ground so much as... I think he has a right to react to the level of insane, self-righteous hypocrisy required to give the speech she gave him - and to then turn around and do worse, less than an hour later, to someone she claimed to love as much as he claimed to love her.

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 17

I think anyone can call out anyone else on a bad act. It's fine for Ric to point out to Liz that she lied about Jakeson because it hurt a lot of people, but seeing as how he brought in Rebecca Budig, he can't go on like it's something he'd never do. That's where the hypocrisy comes in, IMO.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, yowsah1 said:

Any reaction that is not "Who am I to judge?" would just make him a hateful hypocrite, so it's probably for the best that they didn't.

I think Ric absolutely deserved to have a reaction to what Liz did, hypocrite or not. Liz is one of the biggest hypocrites around, since basically the very second after she slapped the shit out of Ric and self-righteously dressed him down for lying to her to keep her, she then turned around and did the same thing (and IMO worse) to Jason. She acted like she had some moral high ground over Ric and I would have loved Ric reveling in the irony of her behavior. I don't think it's hateful hypocrisy to react with something other than "Who am I to judge?" in that situation. Ric wouldn't need to act like he was better than her but would definitely get to point out that she's not as morally superior as she seemed to think she was.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, Oracle42 said:

I don't think Ric has the high ground over Liz in general - and even in this specifically, it's not high ground so much as... I think he has a right to react to the level of insane, self-righteous hypocrisy required to give the speech she gave him - and to then turn around do worse, less than an hour later, to someone she claimed to love as much as he claimed to love her.

Exactly. Although honestly it would be so ooc for Ric to ever do that. He acts like Liz walks on water no matter what she does.

That promo lmao! We haven't had an "event that will change Port Charles FOREVER!" promo in awhile.

• Love 4

Franco=Sonny=Jason=Ava=Julian=Dr. O, and now=Nikolas.  Oh, and Duke, Sean, etc....

Who am I missing?

That Franco is somehow worse than any of these assholes, is odd to me.  Oh, and I might add Nina, who terrorized Ava and ripped her baby right out of her and kidnapped her.

I don't like Franco but I don't think he is worse than all of these multiple murderers in PC.

• Love 8
8 hours ago, bannana said:

Franco=Sonny=Jason=Ava=Julian=Dr. O, and now=Nikolas.  Oh, and Duke, Sean, etc....

Who am I missing?

That Franco is somehow worse than any of these assholes, is odd to me.  Oh, and I might add Nina, who terrorized Ava and ripped her baby right out of her and kidnapped her.

I don't like Franco but I don't think he is worse than all of these multiple murderers in PC.

I think the difference between all of the people that you listed in addition to them being murderers or attempted murderers in Nik's case, is that Franco also has the gross distinction of being a rape facilitator (and how old was Michael at the time?) and at the very least drugged and sexually assaulted Sam. So in that sense he is worse. There's no need to debate which character is a worse murderer because they're all the same. Franco is the only one though who has the rape factor attached to him. Not to mention strapping Lulu to a bomb for kicks.

• Love 7
(edited)

Franco is a SERIAL KILLER who turned numerous off-screen victims into art, which he profited from, before we even met him.

I don't like Jason and I hate Sonny, but IMO, Franco is worse.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 8
(edited)

There pretty much the same to me except Jason never raped anyone unlike franco and Sonny and yes I consider what sonny did to Karen rape  they've all pretty much been whitewashed for all the crap they do.

I really miss when our moral centers was steve hardy and Lee Baldwin.

Edited by Harmony233
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, TeeVee329 said:

Franco is a SERIAL KILLER who turned numerous off-screen victims into art, which he profited from, before we even met him.

I don't like Jason and I hate Sonny, but IMO, Franco is worse.

Sonny and Jason profit from their serial killing, too.  

• Love 8
(edited)

I don't disagree, Sonny and Jason's money is quite blood-drenched.  But something about Franco's modus operandi - that he reveled in it, luxuriated in it, put it on display - makes it worse, IMO. 

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 4

They're all three disgusting, terrible people who expect to be forgiven for their crimes for various bogus reasons. Franco has no illusions that he's awful, but Sonny continues to cling to his "it was just business" façade. SB's Jason just kind of shrugged it all off.

• Love 7
22 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

1 minute ago, dubbel zout said:

They're all three disgusting, terrible people who expect to be forgiven for their crimes for various bogus reasons. Franco has no illusions that he's awful, but Sonny continues to cling to his "it was just business" façade. SB's Jason just kind of shrugged it all off.

I think old Franco had no illusions. RH Franco SAYS he knows he's bad but then acts all butt hurt that people don't like him.

• Love 6
(edited)

Sonny used to - he'd pay lip service and then keep mobbing. 

I do think there's a difference though - as written, a random person locked in a room with Sonny or Jason would walk out (in Sonny's case, they'd probably walk out pregnant..) but a random person locked in a room with Franco would probably be terrorized, sexually assaulted and/or murdered and turned into shitty art depending on his mood. 

Jason and Sonny aren't serial killers, they're mobsters and killers, which is still very gross but it's not the same thing. 

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 7
(edited)

This spoiler is going to make a certain someone very happy . . . 

JC ‏@jmcrenny 5s5 seconds ago
May 9th episode of #GH is a special show all about Jason recovering his memories. Robin returns for this episode.

JC ‏@jmcrenny 32s33 seconds ago
Unexpected truth about Griffin stuns Sonny and Anna; Alexis is rattled; Hayden and Nikolas plot against each other. #GH

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 4
(edited)

...is that a pan pizza sitting in front of Nathan in that picture?

Re: Jason's memories and Robin.  I wonder if she administers a treatment to bring them out or she triggers them or just shows up in them or what.

3 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

At least he's paying lip service to having done terrible things.

But his lip service is whining - about the tumor, about how horrible Heather and Betsy Frank are, about how he TOTALLY got Michael protection when he set him up to be raped.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, Oracle42 said:

Sonny used to - he'd pay lip service and then keep mobbing. 

I do think there's a difference though - as written, a random person locked in a room with Sonny or Jason would walk out (in Sonny's case, they'd probably walk out pregnant..) but a random person locked in a room with Franco would probably be terrorized, sexually assaulted and/or murdered and turned into shitty art depending on his mood. 

Jason and Sonny aren't serial killers, they're mobsters and killers, which is still very gross but it's not the same thing. 

Actually,  Sonny sexually assaulted Karen Wexler.   He, an older man, manipulated a younger and naive sex abuse victim into stripping and a sexual relationship with guilt, drugs, and shame, oh and sex.  He made her stay with false declarations of love, saying only he understood her, shamed her, isolated her, seduced her, introduced her to drugs, and then used physical threats and threatened to harm himself.  He made her feel bad for what he did to her.  Not once has he ever taken full responsibility for what he's done.  Yet, he's our hero?  No.  Sonny also tried to kill Johnny Zaccara, which called off the protection Michael had in prison.  Being the adopted son of Sonny Corinthos put Michael in danger, which Sonny always knew, but didn't care about.   He doesn't care about anything but himself.   Michael wasn't raped because Franco set Jason up.  He was raped because a long time ago Carly was selfish af and didn't want AJ to be Michael's father, so she handed him to a brain damaged kid who worked for a selfish mobster.  Michael was raped because  his "parents " and uncle have constantly gambled with his safety and life like he's a chess piece. Is Franco a bad person?   Yes.  Is he worse than Sonny?  Nope.  Why? At least he can admit he's done things wrong.  When Sonny can say "Damn, I was wrong to steal you Michael.   I was wrong to shoot you Carly.  I was wrong to kill your brother, Jason.  Scotty, I wronged your daughter, " then we can talk. 

• Love 12