Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Speculation: Clink Boom and Cheese Fondue

• Start Topic

Oh boy, I tuned out when the montage started so I missed that and the previews.  I really hope they don't go there.  But the idea of him targeting her for some nefarious reason also bores me, given we saw that with Sloane and then with Paul.

Edited by TeeVee329

Anna was watching Ava singing to her child while Griffin looks on at Anna. Then he's looking at a picture of Anna in the previews.

And this is SO Frank.

I guess they would do it because FH is on contract, but I really wanted Mac to have a son. They even look a bit a like.

• Love 1

On the one hand: Noooo! Robin is her only child! This is BS!

On the other hand: she had to have occupied herself somehow during her amnesia years ....

On the third hand: I hate hate hate long lost children stories, especially on this show, which has gone insane with them.

On the fourth hand: I guess it's better than watching her be made to repeatedly fail at law enforcement, since on this show the criminals can never lose ... I guess? Maybe it's an alternative? But also still stupid and shitty?

(And in conclusion, I apparently now have four hands and am a cartoon insect ...)

• Love 10

News flash to the writers: Not everyone has to be related to someone already on the canvas. FFS. Can't he just be Lucas's med school friend? Making him Anna's long-lost son will not give him an instant backstory. UGH.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 9

I really hope they don't go there.

Anna has no family on the show, so I see them doing it. And they'll give it another "Reasons...commercial break" explanation because this show doesn't care about characters or continuity. I'm sure someone just said "Anna needs a family member."

I can't believe Sam is just going to let Nik get away with this. FFS!

When she and Jason had an ugly break-up - she screwed her step-father, implicated Jason in a crime (which he actually committed? I can't remember) and watched a baby get kidnapped

Nik actively did something that he knew would hurt her and he gets a half-hearted "go to hell"?

What kind of crappy soap is that?

These writers are the worst when it comes to soapy paybacks/storylines. Like they missed every beat in this storyline. They also missed every beat in every storyline that is suppose to have awesome fall outs. 

Jason reveal

Niz's reveal

Jakeson having a personality

Vante reveal

Dante/Lulu confrontations

Rebecca Budig/Tracy/Quartermaine takeover storyline

The list of how many things they have screw up is a long one. The fact they manage this feet in such a short time is really amazing. In like a year, this show will have people talking like they are all constantly inhaling carbon monoxide. 

• Love 8

I don't mind Anna having a long-lost kid. But hopefully she'll be able to spark some life into this guy. That's his main problem right now.

Yeah. He is soo boring and lifeless in his scenes. ZZZZZZ

I wouldn't mind Anna/Mac/Robert having scenes with him and hopefully giving him energy bars to animate him. 

I don't mind Anna having a long-lost kid. But hopefully she'll be able to spark some life into this guy. That's his main problem right now.

That and his hair. I'm sorry, it's distracting.

But I'll take this over anything Stone-related. I'm naively hoping TPTB learned their lesson and will stop connecting things to Robin.

• Love 1

Far better than the convoluted explanations we have to endure for a long lost child would be people forming different kinds of friendships. Like, if Nathan had rejected his crazy mother and started to look to Anna as something of a mom figure as she mentored him for work ... that could have been interesting.

I also would have accepted Sam getting a father figure friend rather than Julian the insta-dad. That actually would have been more touching.

Edited by SlovakPrincess
  • Love 4

Far better than the convoluted explanations we have to endure for a long lost child would be people forming different kinds of friendships. Like, if Nathan had rejected his crazy mother and started to look to Anna as something of a mom figure as she mentored him for work ... that could have been interesting.

I also would have accepted Sam getting a father figure friend rather than Julian the insta-dad. That actually would have been more touching.

This show is always trying to fit a square peg into a round hole.

• Love 1

I agree, soap relationships where people choose to be each others' family are also much more interesting than, "Hey, you're my mom/dad/son/daughter!".

I can't really think of a good example on GH, but I feel like OLTL had several of those kind of relationships - Bo/Rex (before it curdled), Natalie/Roxy, Kyle/Roxy, etc.

• Love 3

I agree, soap relationships where people choose to be each others' family are also much more interesting than, "Hey, you're my mom/dad/son/daughter!".

I can't really think of a good example on GH, but I feel like OLTL had several of those kind of relationships - Bo/Rex (before it curdled), Natalie/Roxy, Kyle/Roxy, etc.

Well, for a while every awesome guy friend of Anna's (Sean, Frisco, etc) was an honorary "uncle" to young Robin, LOL.

Monica adopted Emily. Alan was fatherly to Robin at times, as Sonny was to Stone. Gail was like a mom or aunt to Monica, while Monica had a lot of affection for teen Laura just from getting to know the girl hanging out around the hospital. Ruby was like everybody's aunt.

But that was back when the characters were written like actual people capable of complex thought.

• Love 9
But I'll take this over anything Stone-related. I'm naively hoping TPTB learned their lesson and will stop connecting things to Robin.

Anna having a son does connect to Robin, as she is Anna's daughter. 

I don't see why Griffin can't be brand-new. If they're so concerned Anna has no family, let Mac and Felicia out of the vet's closet more. Anna doesn't need a long-lost kid to stay relevant. She needs good stories.

• Love 5

Anna having a son does connect to Robin, as she is Anna's daughter.

WHAAAAT!?!?!! No way. ;)

Yes, I know. But Stone is more ingrained in Robin's story than some retconned, bland adult child these writers would be concocting out of nothing. Robin doesn't need to be on-screen for Anna's story with this guy.

On the one hand: Noooo! Robin is her only child! This is BS!

Well, her only living child. Leora may have been on AMC, and she may be dead, but she was still her kid.

I wonder how Fin would feel about that, though. I seem to remember a story where TR got Robert having another child nixed, saying that Robin should be his only child. (Maybe Lucas? It could've been more recent than that). 

Of course, he might have been okay if Ethan had been Robert's child with Holly, I don't know. 

I agree, soap relationships where people choose to be each others' family are also much more interesting than, "Hey, you're my mom/dad/son/daughter!".

and Max/Renee! Even though he briefly made her believe he was her son. :)

If they go there, they'd definitely make him Duke's, as a concession to that fan base.  But who knows, it's still early days, instead of being her son, it could be something completely different (and stupid).

He hasn't crossed paths with Rebecca Budig yet, right?  I'm still 99% sure he's gonna turn out to be her ex-husband.

Edited by TeeVee329

Ugh I love the found families trope so much. It's like 99% of why I begrudgingly liked it when they were briefly kinda doing a story like that with Franco/Nina/Kiki.

I don't really care who NuDoc is as long as he washes/cuts his hair and becomes less horrible at acting.

• Love 2

There is one spoiler I like, from SOC, that Sam admits she was drawn to the danger that was around Jason. Like*, yay, thank you, finally an honest woman/person over here.

*I know I say, like, like a lot, I'm sorry!

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 7

When it's written well with quality acting, like Felicia and Lorna on AW, then I don't mind the long lost child. I didn't mind it with Sam and Julian only because I wanted a storyline for her that had nothing to do with Jason. Not that we actually got much of a story, but still. But the majority of these types of stories are unnecessary.

There is definitely something to be said for the organic non-related family. I'm trying to think of other examples from other shows, but it's been a long week.

Next week's spoilers: http://tvsourcemagazine.com/2016/02/general-hospital-spoilers-february-29-2016-edition/

Nathan is concerned that Nina might spill the truth to Maxie.

...um, what?  If it's about Claudette, Nina went into her coma when Nathan was five, she shouldn't know anything about that. 

The whole premise of this - that there's some mystery chick he hasn't mentioned to Maxie in TWO YEARS - is so dumb. 

Jason has a memory flash of his past as Jason Quartermaine.

Hey, something semi-interesting!

Also looking forward to Jane Elliot tearing it up. 

• Love 5

There is one spoiler I like, from SOC, that Sam admits she was drawn to the danger that was around Jason. Like*, yay, thank you, finally an honest woman/person over here.

*I know I say, like, like a lot, I'm sorry!

And Jason will be all, "T-Swift concert, anyone?"

• Love 5

The Claudette thing is stupid no matter who she is/was. It was before Maxie and Nathan ever met. 

LOL at the spoiler that Carly and Sonny reassess their relationship due to recent events. They've always been a train wreck together. Why is now any different?

The only thing that has me even slightly interested is the Tracy stuff, and that's solely for JE. The writing will be unbelievably bad, but she'll make it work.

• Love 2

Now I'm worried about the Jason has a memory flash as Jason Quartermaine spoiler, given the other spoiler about Sam admitting her attraction to the danger surrounding Jason Morgan.  If we're in for some shit where, oh noes, Jason is acting more like super nice non-hitman Jason Quartermaine and that deflates Sam's lady boner, I'm gonna have to punch my television.

• Love 2

Now I'm worried about the Jason has a memory flash as Jason Quartermaine spoiler, given the other spoiler about Sam admitting her attraction to the danger surrounding Jason Morgan.  If we're in for some shit where, oh noes, Jason is acting more like super nice non-hitman Jason Quartermaine and that deflates Sam's lady boner, I'm gonna have to punch my television.

I would find that deliciously ironic.

• Love 4

I'm oddly amused by it, as well. I'm just imagining Sam asking Jason to join her on some PI mission and he's like, "But...but...I'm in the middle of sewing this super cool costume for Danny's school play."

Alas, I know this show, and this show refuses to have real conflict that lasts more than a single commercial break, so I'm sure Sam will be like, "I'm drawn to danger but you're super duper awesome as is. Let's makeout."

• Love 4

It would also be kinda dumb. Sam was cool when he decided to be a dock worker, when they were going to work in a bar in Hawaii - I would think if anything was going to deflate the lady boner it would be the predilection for T-Swift and clown noses

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 4

It would also be kinda dumb. Sam was cool when he decided to be a dock worker, when they were going to work in a bar in Hawaii - I would think if anything was going to deflate the lady boner it would be the predilection for T-Swift and clown noses

That's how I feel. I mean yeah Sam didn't care that Jason killed people for a living but she also was fine with whatever job. I don't mind the conflict but let's be consistent.

• Love 3

I think Sam will say that the danger was one facet of Jason that she liked, but it isn't a requirement and has no problem accepting him as is (& as she has done in the past). She can get into dangerous/risky situations through her PI job.

• Love 4

Of course, if Liz finds out that she could've had Jakeson if she'd just waited? Maybe she'll set Wyndemere on fire!

I do not believe that Nik did anything to Liz, nor do I think he's responsible for the choices that she made regarding Jakeson. I just really want somebody to set Nik's life on fire and I don't particularly care who it is - except Rebecca Budig character, I care even less about her than I do about Nik. 

Edited by Oracle42

If Claudette is just come girl that he used to date then why does he haco keep it a secret from Maxie? He's allowed to have been involved with other women before he met her.

Perhaps Claudette is indeed Claude and he's to be played by Michael Easton. I remember this being a joking theory from someone on these boards through which I replied that these writers aren't clever enough. But I've noticed in most places that the name Claudette is written in quotes, as if to suggest that isn't her real name or the person is not whom we might be thinking. Could the writers have dumped Kristina/Parker in favor of Nathan/"Claudette" Claude? Maybe Claude is an undercover cop who used to use the fake name "Claudette." OK, nevermind! My imagination is really running wild. Edited by Syndicate