Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Speculation: Clink Boom and Cheese Fondue

• Start Topic

I think Francie merely meant the Anna recast was such a failure she didn't even last as long as Jane's temp recast.

And I do think recasting Tracy would have probably been just as much of a failure if it hadn't been a temp. I assume they announced that when the recast took over. 

That's what I thought she was saying. I wouldn't compare the two, because Jane's was announced months ahead of time and it was known she was coming back, and WHEN she was coming back. I don't remember all the details of the Anna replacement, just that she was widely hated.

I actually didn't have a problem with Christine in the role of Tracy at all, but as you said, much of that could have been because I knew it was only temporary.

Edited by IWantCandy71

I don't really understand why the length of time matters. 

Jane had a set amount of time because it was maternity leave, and she got the amount any new mom would get. Since it was an adoption, they knew about it ahead of time and she came back when it was over.

I was just noting it because being an Anna fan, every once in a while I'll encounter a hater who will say that Anna was re-cast. And, technically, yes she was. But the recast was just a filler who was taking over because Finola was leaving a couple weeks before her contract ended. So, it was a temporary situation just like Jane's. Or like there was a substitute Patrick for one episode back in 2008.

I was only mentioning the time span to lend support to my argument that the Anna recast should not really be considered a recast because it was just a temporary situation.

No reflection on Jane and the time she should have been allotted to settle in with her daughter.

I think Francie merely meant the Anna recast was such a failure she didn't even last as long as Jane's temp recast.

I don't think the Anna recast was ever even judged on that scale -- except in the eyes of the audience. Gloria Monty never intended to test out this new Anna and see if the audience would accept her. The temporary re-cast truly was just a place holder to finish out a long-set storyline. Gloria was stubborn and didn't want to shorten the storyline even by one scene.

Gloria was faced with a situation where she could shorten the storyline by about 4 weeks and have Finola play that storyline out. Or Gloria could re-cast with a temporary recast for those last 4 weeks. Instead, Gloria chose Nuclear Option No. 3, which was fire Finola on the spot and have the re-cast play out 6 weeks instead of 4. In Gloria's mind there was no difference between 4 and 6, and firing Finola gave her some sort of vengeful satisfaction.

Which, if Gloria's secret plan was to get fired herself, the plan worked out very well for her.

Edited by Francie
  • Love 6
Or like there was a substitute Patrick for one episode back in 2008.

Oh, that travesty was more than a day. I think it was a week or two. I got a kick out of the fact that, as far as I could remember, KMc's Robin never called the temp by the name Patrick at all.

• Love 2

How about a quad? Ava is still sniffing around Morgan, alas.

Even disliking Kiki, as I do, Ava being the moral conundrum she is, and Darby being an unknown quantity at this point, I'm going to go right ahead and say Morgan isn't worthy of any of these women.

• Love 12

He certainly isn't. I have no faith that he won't be put in the middle of a bunch of women, however. BryDog needs his Emmy!

I do have faith though the show will totally fail to follow through and we'll end up with another Rosalie situation on our hands. Hurray for being unable to pace and keep track of storylines!

• Love 3

Regarding the Anna/Tracy temp recasting stuff, would Felicia being recast with Sandra (Ferguson) Robinson be considered a temp recast, too? Was she just there to finish out whatever time KW had left*, or did TPTB intend to keep her on until she failed miserably?

*Or was she recurring by then? All I remember is that I think she actually spoke out against ABC or Frons and how they treated the vets before she left. Am I right about that? 

Regarding the Anna/Tracy temp recasting stuff, would Felicia being recast with Sandra (Ferguson) Robinson be considered a temp recast, too? Was she just there to finish out whatever time KW had left*, or did TPTB intend to keep her on until she failed miserably?

*Or was she recurring by then? All I remember is that I think she actually spoke out against ABC or Frons and how they treated the vets before she left. Am I right about that? 

All I recall was that Sandra Ferguson/Reinhardt/Robinson was playing Flea at the time of the Maxie's heart revisit around 2005 with Kirsten Storms having begun not long before. I personally think it was a test run (as JFP was there as EP and they had worked together on AW), but we'll never know.

I do recall Ms. Whatever Last Name She Goes By Now slamming GH once she exited, though.

FTR, I think she still goes by Kristina Wagner, despite the divorce. :)

ETA: I just realized you might have meant Sandra. Oops.

ETA again: I looked it up. SF and JFP actually did NOT work together om AW; JFP had already left by the time Sandra returned.

Edited by UYI
ETA again: I looked it up. SF and JFP actually did NOT work together om AW; JFP had already left by the time Sandra returned.

Lucky Sandra then. I was always kind of surprised she returned to soaps since she did some prime time in the latter seasons of Renegade (after Lorenzo Lamas and Kathleen Kinmont divorced and she left the series).

I consider Sandra Ferguson a true recast and not a temp since Felicia left town in 2003, came back for a bit in 2004 then left again shortly after that murder mystery at the Q manse that aired opposite the Olympics for a couple of weeks, and then she came back to town in 2005 with Sandra in the role.

IIRC, Sandra only aired a few times over a few months and then it was expositioned that Felicia left town again.  She then came back for a few episodes with Kristina back in the role in early 2008 for Georgie's funeral, left town chasing a lead on who the Txt Killer was, and then didn't appear again until 2012 again played by Kristina.

Edited by Tiger

I've seen the rumor the new writers liked RC's idea of bringing on Jenny Eckert.

Please, no. We've been good-it's almost the holidays. Don't do this to us, show. What did we ever do to you?!

We need Ned recast, and Robert Scorpio back. We need a few good men on the canvas- not mobbies, wannabe mobbies, or maybe mobbies. No more females are really needed at this point.

Edited by IWantCandy71
  • Love 2
(edited)

But they've said Hayden's birthday is in 1984. Even if the id was fake for Hayden, Jenny would be around fifty years old now. I guess they could de SORAS her a little, but not too much, or Paul and Ned would be pedophiles.

Rebecca Budig doesn't look like she's was borne in 84. She looks the same age as the rest on the Scoobie Gang. Would that make her younger than Emmily? Is she Sabrina and Michael's contemporary?

BH, PS lok young for their ages. IMO, everyone else looks their actual age.

Edited by BestestAuntEver

Rebecca Budig doesn't look like she's was borne in 84. She looks the same age as the rest on the Scoobie Gang. Would that make her younger than Emmily? Is she Sabrina and Michael's contemporary?

BH, PS lok young for their ages. IMO, everyone else looks their actual age.

JMO, but KeMo doesn't look like she's going to be 40 next year to me. Actually she often looks younger than even Becky to me, and she's one year older than her.

Edited by UYI
  • Love 3

JMO, but KeMo doesn't look like she's going to be 40 next year to me. Actually she often looks younger than even Becky to me, and she's one year older than her.

That's a UO girl. :p

I mean, there are a couple of people who look older than their age (here's my favorite example: Arjen Robben, Dutch soccer player who was born in '84 and looks a bit older than that: https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=arjen+robben)and they could explain it off that way, but I can't imagine that would be a fun scene to play:

Paul: Ah, my daughter Susan.

Tracy: I thought your daughter was around 30?

Rebbeca: I am! I look older than my age!

Tracy:  . . . are you sure?

Rebecca: Yes!

Edited by ulkikis
  • Love 3

Am I the only one who thinks they all look their ages?

The older ones look exactly like their ages, but with work done.

Perhaps the only exception is that Ava looks a bit older than Maura's age. I think it's because Maura handles herself like an adult and mother of several children and not someone in arrested development.

• Love 1

Perhaps the only exception is that Ava looks a bit older than Maura's age. I think it's because Maura handles herself like an adult and mother of several children and not someone in arrested development.

I do too, for the most part, but that might be because I know what ages they are. I do think Becky looks a bit younger. Chad too, although I think now he is starting to settle into his actual age instead of perpetually 18. I also think Emme Rylan looks 40 a lot of the time. But mostly everyone else, yeah, around their age.

If Hayden IS Susan though, I don't necessarily think they'll say she's 31. It was just a prop driver's license that stated "1984"; that doesn't mean much.

• Love 1

Having five children in real life will probably do that to anyone, frankly. :P

I do too, for the most part, but that might be because I know what ages they are. I do think Becky looks a bit younger. Chad too, although I think now he is starting to settle into his actual age instead of perpetually 18. I also think Emme Rylan looks 40 a lot of the time. But mostly everyone else, yeah, around their age.

If Hayden IS Susan though, I don't necessarily think they'll say she's 31. It was just a prop driver's license that stated "1984"; that doesn't mean much.

Agreed about Becky. I forgot about her. She does look anywhere between late 20s and early 30s in my book. Her skin is flawless and like it's never been exposed to the sun for more than 15 minutes at a time.

Having five children in real life will probably do that to anyone, frankly. :P

Very true! And I didn't mean that Maura doesn't look great. She does. But she carries herself very maturely (drunken emmy speech notwithstanding). I was a tiny bit surprised when I saw her published age.

• Love 2

Agreed about Becky. I forgot about her. She does look anywhere between late 20s and early 30s in my book. Her skin is flawless and like it's never been exposed to the sun for more than 15 minutes at a time.

She looks younger than all the women in her age range on the show. No contest for me. Skin don't lie!

• Love 1

Very true! And I didn't mean that Maura doesn't look great. She does. But she carries herself very maturely (drunken emmy speech notwithstanding). I was a tiny bit surprised when I saw her published age.

Having that many kids might be part of it but even looking at some of her earlier clips/photos on ATWT, I think she's always had a more "mature" look. Finola, from what I can tell, was the same as Anna in the 80's.

Edited by UYI
  • Love 1

Having that many kids might be part of it but even looking at some of her earlier clips/photos on ATWT, I think she's always had a more "mature" look. Finola, from what I can tell, was the same as Anna in the 80's.

I agree. Even in her twenties, MW looked older than her age, but maybe it was just the way she wore her hair. 

She looks younger than all the women in her age range on the show. No contest for me. Skin don't lie!

It is pretty crazy to think she was 20 when she began on GH in 1997,playing a fifteen year old.

I stand by my KeMo comments, though. ;)

I think you're right in that it does have a lot to do with how she carries herself. Maura is almost exactly 6 months younger than me, but when I met her even though she looked great I still felt like she could almost be my mom. She definitely has that "mom" gene in her. She looks better after having five kids than me having none. She runs marathons though, and as much as I love her, running is one thing I will never do unless I'm being chased. There are rare occasions when she looks younger than her age. Mainly when she's stripped of all her makeup or has that natural look. 

I love KeMo to death, but she definitely looks her age while Becky just still has that same skin she has when she stepped on to the screen.

• Love 1

It might just be that BH has been a mom onscreen for over a decade now

• Love 1

Writers in new SID for sweeps previews:  We are aware of the Robin issue and we are going to deal with it.   We will show her an important part of the canvas.

Me: Finally!! Hope she rails at everyone 

• Love 4

If Roc still did those "guess her age" ads, Becky would be a shoo-in. I still can't understand why some skincare company hasn't snapped her up, unless she doesn't want to shill. 

She did ads for Purpose Skincare about a decade ago:

rebecca_herbst2.jpg

purpose.jpg

Edited by UYI

Apparently, SOD or SID or whatever is also saying that we're gonna see Audrey in the October 30th episode.  Oh dear, is Grams going to be on hand for Liz's fall from grace?

That's somewhat surprising.  Liz having a family member around for this would imply that she's possibly going to get some kind of point of view in this mess.  This show hasn't given Liz a genuine point of view in years.  

• Love 6

Writers in new SID for sweeps previews: We are aware of the Robin issue and we are going to deal with it. We will show her an important part of the canvas.

Me: Finally!! Hope she rails at everyone

I hope this is true and not the new, "We like the Q's and want to build them back up".

• Love 5

It's so ridiculous, the way they cut that promo like everyone in town was all, "OMG, Spinelli!".

Not.  So.  Much.

I mean, I guess they're running out of ways to do "This week...maybe'll Jason will figure out who he is...maaaybe" promos.  But still.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 2

The Man, The Myth…The Hacker. Really, show?

I feel like I'm on Coffee Talk, "Talk amongst yourselves, I'll give you a topic: Manly Mythic Hacker Spinelli is neither a man nor a myth. Discuss."

I wish I could like a post twice!

• Love 2

How is this show planning to have Franco and Jason living in the same town?

I mean, I get that the toomah made him 'pretend rape'/sexually assault Sam for funsies and accidentally get Michael raped but.... Jason isn't known for his grasp of nuance. #TeamDeadFranco

• Love 16

Jason isn't known for his grasp of nuance. #TeamDeadFranco

As soon as I stop laughing, I'm going to stencil the hash tag on my coffee mug. Thanks for the highlight of my day, Oracle42!

• Love 2

How is this show planning to have Franco and Jason living in the same town?

I mean, I get that the toomah made him 'pretend rape'/sexually assault Sam for funsies and accidentally get Michael raped but.... Jason isn't known for his grasp of nuance. #TeamDeadFranco

I'm sure Jason will just have to be "bygones!" about it like the rest of the town because God forbid Franco be treated as the pariah he should be.

Stop trying to make fetch happen, Frank! Cut your fucking losses along with 1/4 of the cast.

• Love 6

Still no info on the Jiz wedding from hell? Dammit, I need something to look forward to. I know it's already been filmed because I saw on Twitter where Ali Sweeney directed an episode to air around like the 22nd of November or something.

I will shoot you in the head then marry one of you fine posters if you can suss out some scoop about the nuptials. But then I'm gonna have to fling barware, so there's that. :-)

• Love 1