Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Speculation: Clink Boom and Cheese Fondue

• Start Topic

The recaps also talk about Lulu not liking the bond between Valerie & Dante and reading too much into things.

She's already thrown the stink eye when she saw Val and Dante hugging. 

Ron calls Franco "a hero" for trying to save Nina from Ric, whose partner-in-crime is Donna Mills.  Ugh, so stupid.

Good grief. 

• Love 1

EW!  Apparently, in SOD, Ron calls Franco "a hero" for trying to save Nina from Ric, whose partner-in-crime is Donna Mills.  Ugh, so stupid.

< Lloyd Bridges in Airplane > Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue! < /LB >

WTF?

• Love 14

I'm somewhat amused that the reaction a character is going to get to actively trying to get a job is irritation.

And if Lulu really doesn't want Valerie working with Dante, why not get her a job at Lulu's alleged business, or ask Tracy or Michael to hook her up at ELQ.  But why do that when she can throw attitude instead.

Maybe she will but Val will insist that she doesn't want those jobs.

Was Jordan officially PCPD or just Anna's freelance undercover stooge? Either way, she got a very raw deal.

Freelance undercover stooge. So I don't know on whose authority she was arresting Shawn. Oh well!

re: Franco, he called him a "romantic hero" but I don't think he meant in general but just like if this were a regular romance he's kind of like the romantic hero of the crazy romance.

It's still ridiculous though.

• Love 3

Could it be, an actual story for Lucas and Brad?

I know that it'll suck, but I won't care. I love those two!

Is Ava on today? I feel like that was her and her bad wig in the promo screaming or whatever. It looked super embarrassing.

• Love 1

You know what really ridiculous thing Ron said in SOD apparently. That Morgan and Kiki have a mature relationship even though they're young. lol what. Maybe he meant mature as in they are having sex? Because that is the only way.

• Love 12
(edited)
re: Franco, he called him a "romantic hero" but I don't think he meant in general but just like if this were a regular romance he's kind of like the romantic hero of the crazy romance.

Maybe if Nina had been forced to marry Ric, but she went in with eyes open and completely willingly.

That Morgan and Kiki have a mature relationship even though they're young.

Nothing says mature like getting married when you know it's completely wrong.

We could play this game all day.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 5

I know that it'll suck, but I won't care. I love those two!

Is Ava on today? I feel like that was her and her bad wig in the promo screaming or whatever. It looked super embarrassing.

That was Anna.

Is it me or has RC writing got worse in the last few months not that hes ever been a great writer but its like he woke up one day and said I need to make all the characters as unlikable as possible today lol.

Not you, I don't think.  He's really gone of the rails as of late with his "grand" ideas.

Though, that vampire crap was positively rudderless and horrible as well. YMMV.

• Love 1
(edited)

http://abc.go.com/shows/general-hospital/news/sneak-peeks/150525-may-25-general-hospital-sneak-peek

okay, NOW I think I can say Ric is going "under the bus" in some form. Really? Playing the heavy for Nina and Franco??? Michael needs to use his new found Machiavellian skills to run Franco out of town

ETA: Maybe it's not going under the bus, because it's not like Ric is messing around with Michael and Sabrina, but it's just more ridiculousness at the very least.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 3

So the show went from Liz/Ric...Ric "dies"...Liz/Jake...Ric returns...Liz/Ric...Liz/Jake...Liz/Ric...Liz/Jake...Ric/Nina/Franco in the span of months.

Don't forget all the rides on the Niz merry-go-round before Jake(son)'s arrival.

• Love 3

Don't forget all the rides on the Niz merry-go-round before Jake(son)'s arrival.

How could I forget the Liz/Nik/Britt fiasco with Liz exposing Britt. Look at Liz now. I can't keep all the hypocrites straight on this show.

• Love 4

How could I forget the Liz/Nik/Britt fiasco with Liz exposing Britt. Look at Liz now. I can't keep all the hypocrites straight on this show.

Here, you can borrow my handy guide:  It's all of them.  

• Love 4
(edited)

Couldn't they have made her apply for a job as a nurse at General Hospital? Sigh.

Or Kelly's. or anyplace that doesn't scream disposable Lante stalker

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 1

Aha!  Just read an update from a good source on DD that Dillon is showing up - even a suggested date - June 2. So we'll be able to verify this soon.

In the casting call script, Dillon was upset with Tracy for failing to notify him about the business problems. 

Oh yes, I expect we'll see Dillon in Lulu's orbit, too - he will be the fourth in that Lante-angst game.   Dillon and Lulu can talk about Lulu's troubles with her cousin and Dillon's troubles with ELQ - all while Lulu's brother is screwing ELQ and - well we aren't sure  yet what he might have in mind for Lulu's cousin and his houseguest Valerie.  

Or Kelly's. or anyplace that doesn't scream disposable Lante stalker

Well, Kelly's actually is still owned by the Spencers I think, so it would still kinda scream Lante stalker, but at least it would make more sense.

• Love 1

all while Lulu's brother is screwing ELQ and - well we aren't sure yet what he might have in mind for Lulu's cousin and his houseguest Valerie.

Aren't we though? I mean, it's Nikolas.

• Love 2

We'll probably hear about Lulu's abortion. She had one, you know.

Sweet Jesus. Now I miss mute brown-haired little girl Lulu even more.

As for Dillon, assuming the info is true, I fear who will be playing him since Scott Clifton is otherwise engaged.

• Love 1
(edited)

Oh lordy, yes, Dillon and Lulu will bond over the child that they created together.  I hear the violins now. 

Perhaps this is RC's intended main act in the Lante angst story and Valerie has just been the catalyst to set Lulu off. 

And, yes, I am most curious about the casting choice for Dillon.  I did enjoy Scott Clifton very much in the role.  

Aren't we though? I mean, it's Nikolas.

LOL ... well, I did lead with "screwing" - that or snuffing out.  After all, she might be working in the same place as his sister's husband who, it appears, can't be trusted  out on his own.   And she really shouldn't do that because it upsets Nik's little sister.

Edited by Aurora2
  • Love 1

Aha!  Just read an update from a good source on DD that Dillon is showing up - even a suggested date - June 2. So we'll be able to verify this soon.

In the casting call script, Dillon was upset with Tracy for failing to notify him about the business problems. 

Oh yes, I expect we'll see Dillon in Lulu's orbit, too - he will be the fourth in that Lante-angst game.   Dillon and Lulu can talk about Lulu's troubles with her cousin and Dillon's troubles with ELQ - all while Lulu's brother is screwing ELQ and - well we aren't sure  yet what he might have in mind for Lulu's cousin and his houseguest Valerie.  

Since Ron likes to use stars from other soaps or his former OLTL cast members, I'll give him a pass just this once if he can manage to land Josh Kelly as Dillon. 

• Love 2

Since Ron likes to use stars from other soaps or his former OLTL cast members, I'll give him a pass just this once if he can manage to land Josh Kelly as Dillon. 

Josh Kelly is in a new primetime show on Lifetime with my girl from Roswell.

• Love 1

Josh Kelly is not comin' back. a) He's got a show on Lifetime, and b) Ron and Frank may well have blacklisted him for doing Prospect Park's OLTL.

I would welcome Dillon returning, and I think he'd make a good foil for Lulu and Dante opposite Valerie. I also think Lulu/Dillon and Dante/Val make two viable alternative couples. I just have no faith that they'd do a good job telling a complex human story with relatable people at this point. Furthermore, the rumor mill has claimed a Dillon recast is on the way at least four or five times since 2012 and he's yet to appear. I'm not holding my breath on this one.

• Love 4

As for Dillon, assuming the info is true, I fear who will be playing him since Scott Clifton is otherwise engaged.

:prays that JPL, and all three Ford brahs are either employed elsewhere or have gotten fat:

I think Freddie Smith could make a great Dillon, but he looks much younger than ER and DZ.

Josh Kelly is not comin' back. a) He's got a show on Lifetime, and b) Ron and Frank may well have blacklisted him for doing Prospect Park's OLTL.

I totally forgot about the PP angle.  Of course Ron would be that petty. 

And now I'm going to have to seek out the Lifetime show. 

• Love 1

Josh Kelly's show on Lifetime premieres on June 1st. It looks awful, in a good way, which is my fave kind of show!

Me too, I need a new guilty pleasure show.

Topic? The upcoming Ric/Nina/Franco spoilers sound dreadful.

• Love 2

I would welcome Dillon returning, and I think he'd make a good foil for Lulu and Dante opposite Valerie. I also think Lulu/Dillon and Dante/Val make two viable alternative couples. I just have no faith that they'd do a good job telling a complex human story with relatable people at this point. Furthermore, the rumor mill has claimed a Dillon recast is on the way at least four or five times since 2012 and he's yet to appear. I'm not holding my breath on this one.

I'm pretty sure you'll be breathing easily on this one very soon.  There definitely was a casting call - complete with script.  And the source for this one is right most of the time.  I do see a lot of potential for a Lulu/Dillon pairing - a very significant history combined, for me, with the feeling that Emme's Lulu looks more at home in places like the Q mansion - more to the manor born.   Yes, a lot of potential. 

UnREAL (as they insist on spelling it) has a surprisingly good cast. The Marti Noxon connection worries me, but I don't know how involved she'll be. I hope Kelly has some sort of nudity-limit clause in his contract. Noxon loved to strip down James Marsters.

If Dillon returning is true, I could see a scenario where Lulu gets increasingly paranoid about Dante and Valerie, thinks they slept together when they didn't, and then goes jumping into bed with Dillon.

• Love 5

I'm pretty sure you'll be breathing easily on this one very soon.  There definitely was a casting call - complete with script.

I agree with you about Dillon's potential, but there have been casting calls and audition sides for Lucy and Scott's daughters, among others, several times. At this point I'll only be convinced when there is a confirmed actor and a confirmed first airdate.

I agree with you about Dillon's potential, but there have been casting calls and audition sides for Lucy and Scott's daughters, among others, several times. At this point I'll only be convinced when there is a confirmed actor and a confirmed first airdate.

True.  Seems that, like some of RC's stories which go nowhere, there are also planned characters  who don't have to the screen.   Re Lucy and Scott's daughters, I believe that change was extremely last minute.  Does make us all wonder - and doubt.

UnREAL (as they insist on spelling it) has a surprisingly good cast. The Marti Noxon connection worries me, but I don't know how involved she'll be. I hope Kelly has some sort of nudity-limit clause in his contract. Noxon loved to strip down James Marsters.

Oh, yeah, yeah me too. That would be just awful if he didn't. Horrible. :whistles innocently:

• Love 6
(edited)

A revision on the Dillon spoiler:

"Someone else is coming June 2 and it makes Tracy very happy. It sounds like Dillon and he's being played by a new actor.

The new character has a past connection to Lulu."

I can see why the assumption has been made that this is Dillon.  He fits the description and HNY, another good source, has mentioned Dillon as a possible return. 

We will know soon enough. 

Edited by Aurora2

I wonder who Uncle Frank found that was willing to work for a bag of stale peanuts stolen from a Southwest Airlines flight, and the opportunity to baby-sit Nicholas Bechtel once a month?

• Love 15
Oh, yeah, yeah me too. That would be just awful if he didn't. Horrible. :whistles innocently:

Oh, I'm all for shirtlessness. Just not when it's used by the writer to work out her own weird issues, as Noxon seemed to do on BtVS.

Who else could return that would make Tracy happy and have a connection to Lulu? Luke is already around (even if we don't see him). Dillon is the only person I can think of who ticks both those boxes.

• Love 1

Oh, I'm all for shirtlessness. Just not when it's used by the writer to work out her own weird issues, as Noxon seemed to do on BtVS.

Who else could return that would make Tracy happy and have a connection to Lulu? Luke is already around (even if we don't see him). Dillon is the only person I can think of who ticks both those boxes.

Agreed!  I think it's pretty much a given that this person is Dillon. 

(edited)

I'm really excited about the potential of a new Dillon. I mean, it's not like this show needs more characters, but still. I hate most of the current ones so I welcome some new (but old) blood.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 1

That movie that was discussed a few pages back was on Lifetime this morning...I stopped because I saw Billy Miller in a Sheriff's uniform not realizing what movie it was.  It was pretty bad, but Billy did make it pretty.

But yeah, the woman donated bone marrow and the dude doing all the killing now had her DNA because of it.  I didn't see the beginning, but I got the gist of it.  I wonder if Ronnie heard it or watched it because of Billy's part and wrote the Ava storyline accordingly.

(edited)

I just don't believe we'd have no casting announcement on this performer by now, a week out. It sounds more to me like someone trying to push a spumor without having a realistic understanding of the PR process. Bringing back Dillon would also not be top secret and handled hush-hush, not in the same way as the return of, say, Laura or a dead Cassadine.

Edited by jsbt