Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Speculation: Clink Boom and Cheese Fondue

• Start Topic

Those actors need to make their minimums.

Well, like Kerleyq said, I think it makes sense Nathan and Dante would attend in support of Anna. And actually Maxie is Anna's goddaughter so she doesn't need Nathan to be there although who wants to bet Felicia won't be there.

To play devil's advocate for a second, yes, Ron leaving Robin out in the weeds, chained up in some Cassadine lab, was a massive narrative mistake.

But...the fact remains that KMc left the show of her own volition. Suppose Robin was just off working/living in Paris. We still probably wouldn't see her at Duke's funeral. And that's not as much on Ron, you know?

I don't expect that fuckwit to address or mention Robin at all, but in the past, when Kimberly was not on the show, we saw Kimberly make an appearance- at the last Nurses Ball where she found out that Sonny had married Cujo and Lila's funeral. Though I'm not sure if she was back on the show when the latter happened.

And personally speaking, I wish the whole "But Kimberly left of her own volition" would be laid to rest. One way to stop it would be for that fuckwit in charge and his sycophantic writers would have Robin free and not kidnapped/threatened with death of her loved ones for the gazzillionth time.

But that's just me.

• Love 8

I'll spare you and others my repetitive thoughts on why Patrick is to blame for a lot of things and why he's a hypocritical asshole, but my main point is Sam and Patrick have not done anything wrong and they never will as long as Ron continues writing this way. And I just find it annoying and frankly, boring. They're living in this perfect little bubble filled with happiness and smiles while everyone else has to get messy.

Patrick didn't get blown up. That was his first mistake.

• Love 2
(edited)

I don't understand what Sam and Patrick could do wrong in this situation. I guess Patrick could find out why Jakeson really is and keep quiet but what could Sam do?

Patrick has already done plenty wrong, but the writers just ignore it because they want him to be this "perfect boyfriend" or it's all KMc's fault because she's not there or whatever POV floats your boat.

And I don't want to go into what Sam should or should not be doing wrong, that's not what I'm trying to say at all. It's not like I WANT Sam to be a bad guy or do shitty things.

My point was to shed light on the fact that we have multiple characters now flying under the bus for this Jason storyline, while others get to stay clean.

Edited by HeatLifer
  • Love 2

I don't expect that fuckwit to address or mention Robin at all, but in the past, when Kimberly was not on the show, we saw Kimberly make an appearance- at the last Nurses Ball where she found out that Sonny had married Cujo and Lila's funeral. Though I'm not sure if she was back on the show when the latter happened.

And personally speaking, I wish the whole "But Kimberly left of her own volition" would be laid to rest. One way to stop it would be for that fuckwit in charge and his sycophantic writers would have Robin free and not kidnapped/threatened with death of her loved ones for the gazzillionth time.

But that's just me.

...as I said in my post, which you quoted, I completely agreed that the way Ron exited Robin from the canvas was a huge, huge mistake.

But even if Robin was off-canvas a different way, if she had left town for a new job or to go shopping with Brenda in Italy or to stare at rocks with Lucky, she likely would be off-screen for things like a theoretical Duke funeral and I don't hold that against anyone.  That's just soaps sometimes.

• Love 3

Patrick has already done plenty wrong, but the writers just ignore it because they want him to be this "perfect boyfriend" or it's all KMc's fault because she's not there or whatever POV floats your boat.

And I don't want to go into what Sam should or should not be doing wrong, that's not what I'm trying to say at all. It's not like I WANT Sam to be a bad guy or do shitty things.

My point was to shed light on the fact that we have multiple characters now flying under the bus for this Jason storyline, while others get to stay clean.

It looks like (or the spoilers hint that) Jason himself is going under the damn bus. Damn, Ron. Wtf did the Quartermaines ever do to you, son? But should anyone be surprised that the family side of the Jason story gets shafted for the smoochy woochy twoo wuv moo woo barf aspect (that doesn't exist because Liason has been over long before Jake the spawn was roadkill)? Ever since Billy Miller rolled on set in that hospital bed, all Ron has had him do is make kissy faces at fucking Elizabeth.

Bruh. I've had "it" with Liz, whatever "it" is. Just can we get Jason, Micheal, Monica in some damn scenes? FFS, someone tell Monica her son is alive. *Monica didn't even get to punch Sonny or Carly for Morgan drugging Micheal! !!!*

• Love 6

It looks like (or the spoilers hint that) Jason himself is going under the damn bus. Damn, Ron. Wtf did the Quartermaines ever do to you, son? But should anyone be surprised that the family side of the Jason story gets shafted for the smoochy woochy twoo wuv moo woo barf aspect (that doesn't exist because Liason has been over long before Jake the spawn was roadkill)? Ever since Billy Miller rolled on set in that hospital bed, all Ron has had him do is make kissy faces at fucking Elizabeth.

Bruh. I've had "it" with Liz, whatever "it" is. Just can we get Jason, Micheal, Monica in some damn scenes? FFS, someone tell Monica her son is alive. *Monica didn't even get to punch Sonny or Carly for Morgan drugging Micheal! !!!*

Dude, for real. There was so much potential in the Jason stuff and Ron decides to reopen Liason!?!?? Jason already made his choice!!! He married someone else!!! He had a child with her!!! I just can't.

• Love 3

Dude, for real. There was so much potential in the Jason stuff and Ron decides to reopen Liason!?!?? Jason already made his choice!!! He married someone else!!! He had a child with her!!! I just can't.

Who'd a thunk back in 2011 that we'd be here complaining about the fact that the (alleged) writer seems to be sending Jason ("The" Fucking Jason!!!!!!) on the ever infamous AJ Quartermaine Express ? All we ever wanted (okay, that I wanted) was a Jason who could feel, re: act. A mixture, huge mixture of Jason Quartermaine and Morgan. And we get a damn, mighty fine actor....... and Ron shit on it.

Does he honestly think that all women sit around in our fucking yoga pants, going to Whole Foods, wanting Teh Babies, stalking our exes in between stalking our husbands or significant others (because clearly women can't hold down jobs, you know), and we sit around scheming and being catty and snarky while waiting to sex our maaaan up or cook for them? No, Ron. Get out and make friends. Can we sick Amy Pohler and Tina Fey on him? Please?

• Love 3
(edited)

...as I said in my post, which you quoted, I completely agreed that the way Ron exited Robin from the canvas was a huge, huge mistake.

But even if Robin was off-canvas a different way, if she had left town for a new job or to go shopping with Brenda in Italy or to stare at rocks with Lucky, she likely would be off-screen for things like a theoretical Duke funeral and I don't hold that against anyone.  That's just soaps sometimes.

But, if Robin were off screen for those reasons, even if she wasn't back for the funeral, it would still make sense in terms of what the rest of the people close to her think about her not being there.  If Robin had divorced Patrick and moved back to Paris to work, we could have scenes of Anna saying that Robin called and they had a nice long cry together, she couldn't get away from work to come home for the funeral, but Anna is going to fly out and spend some mother/daughter time with her after the funeral.  

The thing is, good writing could potentially make a "Jason is conflicted about which woman he wants to be with" story line work.  If the Jason we end up with is either Jason Q or some new version of Jason that is neither Q nor Morgan, you could maybe sell that he would be looking for different things out of a relationship than he was as Jason Morgan.  Play up that the reason he never ended up with Liz was because of the difference in her and Sam's attitudes towards the mob life and all of the danger involved.  It could be done successfully...if written well.  But, well, we have Ron, so... 

Edited by KerleyQ
  • Love 8

The thing is, good writing could potentially make a "Jason is conflicted about which woman he wants to be with" story line work. If the Jason we end up with is either Jason Q or some new version of Jason that is neither Q nor Morgan, you could maybe sell that he would be looking for different things out of a relationship than he was as Jason Morgan. Play up that the reason he never ended up with Liz was because of the difference in her and Sam's attitudes towards the mob life and all of the danger involved. It could be done successfully...if written well. But, well, we have Ron, so...

Ignoring my own personal preferences, I do agree with this.

• Love 1

My thing is that- and if I'm jumping the gun I'll admit it- Ron had to go with the damn schmoopy stuff. No Micheal running into Jake and fuzzy Micheal memories? Because damn Jason should have a lot of Micheal stored in there. Like, show Jake and Greenlee watching Strollergate on tv and Jason has a fuzzy memory of himself, AJ, Sonny, and Carly fighting over Micheal. Or better yet, all the times Carly whined about Micheal and nothing? They did blurry face with Liz. They could do blurry face other memories or just get a random baby to play Micheal as a baby. I haven't bought Jason only remembering banging Sam, riding a motorcycle with Sam, saving Liz, the name Jake, and recognizing Robin and the Quartermaines. Especially when he saw a picture of his brother and was like "Hmmm who's that?" And also barely recognized Micheal. If he's having all this Liz time, and assuming Ron doesn't or can't use Monica, then why not Micheal?

• Love 4

On a show with latex masks, 99 red balloons (in honor of AIDS/HIV, damn you), super villains called Mother and Papa, and a Kiki..... I'm sure we can make Not Patrick the dad. But be careful what you wish for because then you get Patrick crying and stuffs about that too. Though at this point, Emma would be better off raised be either Sabrina/Micheal or Jason (Billy Miller ) and Sam now.

Patrick is really in a race with Nik and Sonny at this point to see who can be the most horrendously awful dad...

• Love 1

I just meant I'd rather see more Jason, a person played as a story, as opposed to Ron's version of soap plot point lurve that means Girl Notices Boy. Girl & Boy get "the Vapors", Boy Loses Mind & POV. Boy is Puppet. (Unless Boy is Sonny, then Boy is .... ????)Girl Shrieks. Ron Gets Bored. ZZZZZZZZ........ I'd rather see or rather I'd buy Jason having foggy memories of reading Africa to Micheal, as he lived with two boy children. Or... you know. ... a foggy baby Danny memory since the kid ran to him like Lassie to Timmy.

• Love 2
Patrick is really in a race with Nik and Sonny at this point to see who can be the most horrendously awful dad...

Compared to Nik and Sonny, Patrick is Mac-levels of good fatherhood. He's never accidentally almost blown up his kid or allowed Emma wildly inappropriate birthday parties. 

Patrick is terrible vis-à-vis Robin's situation, but he's not lying to Emma about it. They Skype. We mock that, but at least there's some interaction. Nik is so busy fucking Hayden he barely has time for Spencer.

• Love 8

I thought Emma, at least, has regular Skype sessions with Robin? 

Regardless, Patrick as miles and miles to go before he even starts to approach Sonny and Nik on the terrible-father list, IMO.

• Love 5

Nope, Emma has had no interaction with her mother since last summer. Yes, last summer. She just knows Robin has a "bed in Paris," according to Patrick. No one has spoken to Robin or tried to reach out to her.

And Patrick has not told Emma the "truth" about anything. He barely told Sam the entire story.

How much should Emma know at her age? 

If this is the worst Patrick is doing as a father, I can deal with it. The Robin stuff isn't going to get better until/unless Ron decides to deal with it, so I separate it from Patrick and Emma's relationship. 

• Love 4
(edited)

Oh, that's cool. I wasn't really getting into the Patrick fathering skills debate.

But to answer your first question....

Considering Emma is old enough to get a marriage proposal and is currently in a love triangle, I think she's old enough to know--at the very least--that it's strange that she hasn't spoken to her mother in a year and it's strange that her father hasn't tried to contact her mother and has moved in another woman and her child after 2 months of dating.

Edited by HeatLifer
  • Love 3

Oh, that's cool. I wasn't really getting into the Patrick fathering skills debate.

But to answer your first question....

Considering Emma is old enough to get a marriage proposal and is currently in a love triangle, I think she's old enough to know--at the very least--that it's strange that she hasn't spoken to her mother in a year and it's strange that her father hasn't tried to contact her mother and has moved in another woman and her child after 2 months of dating.

But she is NOT old enough to get a marriage proposal or be involved in a love triangle. Seriously, I hope the 10 people left in that room are as horrified by Spenthaw's proposal as they were by Dr. O's performance.

• Love 5

I don't know anything anymore. I just want to know where Danny is. Seriously, he's never with Sam. Does he hold the key to Robin's whereabouts?

But she is NOT old enough to get a marriage proposal or be involved in a love triangle. Seriously, I hope the 10 people left in that room are as horrified by Spenthaw's proposal as they were by Dr. O's performance.

Dude, when Emma told everyone about Spencer and the ring, NO ONE thought it was weird. This would be Patrick's cue as Father of the Year to talk to Nik about keeping his creepy son away from his daughter.

• Love 3

I don't know anything anymore. I just want to know where Danny is. Seriously, he's never with Sam. Does he hold the key to Robin's whereabouts?

He's with Monica on a never-ending cruise, hopefully a Disney cruise so Danny boy can interact with kids his own age while grandma enjoys non-alcohol mai tai's on the lido deck.

• Love 3

That already happened. Remember the ring that Emma was supposed to wear to be Spencer's forever?

They're KIDS! They need to be playing Uno, or hopscotch, or jump rope. This makes my head explode.

• Love 8

Never mind the fact that when Jason rolled over the dock, he was still wearing his wedding ring, right? Or did he take it off and give it to Nik to put in the safe for Spencer to steal to give to Emma, which, WHY and HOW again?

I think Helena gave the ring to Nikolas as proof that Jake = Jason.

As for the WHY/HOW of Spencer? I'd attribute that to the toxic combination of SWSNBN's DNA with Nik's + shitty parenting

• Love 1

Never mind the fact that when Jason rolled over the dock, he was still wearing his wedding ring, right? Or did he take it off and give it to Nik to put in the safe for Spencer to steal to give to Emma, which, WHY and HOW again?

I believe Nik's explanation(at Patrick's) was that Helena gave him Jason's ring after he died in the Creighton-Clark explosion. Why? Reasons.

• Love 1

I believe Nik's explanation(at Patrick's) was that Helena gave him Jason's ring after he died in the Creighton-Clark explosion. Why? Reasons.

Oh yeah. Forgot about the Helena factor. Even though Jason was revived BEFORE Helena.

He's with Monica on a never-ending cruise, hopefully a Disney cruise so Danny boy can interact with kids his own age while grandma enjoys non-alcohol mai tai's on the lido deck.

LC is going to be ticked at you for outing her, Tiger. I think many of us just realized the true identity of that familiar-looking woman in the big, floppy beach hat who's always drinking on the Lido deck of the Barge during GH hours. But she doesn't have a grandson with her. I guess Alice is babysitting: we've all noticed that she doesn't open the door to the Q house any more. Now we know why. 

• Love 6

Brad and Lucas are totally gonna get married during the live shows, aren't they? I can't.

Remeber when weddings wee a big thing and couples got married after going through all kinds of shit together?

• Love 3

Remeber when weddings wee a big thing and couples got married after going through all kinds of shit together?

Now, now, Brucas went through all kinds of shit together.  Just ask Ron's Twitter!

• Love 8

Yup, Luc-zie had horrific injuries after trying to jump a shark on a jet ski. Brad nursed him back to health with the help of the Golden Girls.

It's true; this story played out on the backs of a series of $1 bills that Uncle Frank stuck in a David Gregory look-a-like's g-string!

Brad and Lucas are totally gonna get married during the live shows, aren't they? I can't.

I was thinking that, given that the Jakeson story has started moving, the couple getting hitched was going to be Patrick and Sam.

I was thinking that, given that the Jakeson story has started moving, the couple getting hitched was going to be Patrick and Sam.

I think a Patrick/Sam wedding will be during November sweeps to increase the dram-ah! *jazz hands*

• Love 2

I think a Patrick/Sam wedding will be during November sweeps to increase the dram-ah! *jazz hands*

I was thinking that was when we would find out that Sam was preggers with Patrick's kid just as Jakeson's true identity is revealed to all.

• Love 4

Oh, FFS. Just scratch out Sabrina's name, add Patrick in her spot. And Danny gets Emma's lines.

Entirely different! Or so Ron would think.

• Love 2
(edited)

I read on another site that an unreliable rumor is that Nik wants ELQ for Helena because she is holding Nik's mother hostage. That could be how Laura comes back, but it wouldn't explain why Helena wants ELQ.

I don't really think the above is going to happen, but regardless, it is my fondest wish. I can buy Nik being a prick to save Laura. I cannot buy him being such a prick because of reasons.

But that's just me.

No. It is not just you. 

Oh, neither Patrick nor Nik approach Sonny levels of evil.

Nope, Emma has had no interaction with her mother since last summer. Yes, last summer. She just knows Robin has a "bed in Paris," according to Patrick. No one has spoken to Robin or tried to reach out to her.

And Patrick has not told Emma the "truth" about anything. He barely told Sam the entire story.

Am I wrong in thinking that Robin has SKYPED a lot off screen?

Edited by General Days
  • Love 1

Dammit. I will be so mad if I don't get Patrick going crazy in a wedding dress after the failed SamTrick wedding. I expect nothing less from Ron.

But I mean, he'll find love with Valerie in a few months or so after they work together or something.

• Love 1