Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E10: Sins of the Father: The Book of Redemption

• Start Topic

Black Lightning attempts to rescue several long-missing children reveals a secret he did not anticipate, and its resulting connections. Gambi struggles to stay strong while in a compromising position. Jefferson begins to view things differently.

I was wondering why they showed Ms. Thirsty in the previouslies. So does this mean her interest was fake?

The LaLa arc is fascinating me. Now usually when a bad person on TV gets a second chance, they go for the redemption fable. LaLa seems to be doubling down on his previous life.

• Love 1

Good episode.. I knew somn about that vice principal was off.. But I sensed some remorse flickering there... But damn... LaLa.. Is just scary... Its almost too bad the character isn't in a more adult show cuz he's stone cold.  

Okay, Two Bits can stay. Even a 'dark and gritty' needs some humor! That whole scene with him and Black Lightning was hilarity!

Aww! Flirty Lynn & Jeff!

Why are they holding on to all the people with powers? They don't seem to be using them for anything.

Loved the father-daughter superhero team-up takedown!

I'm concerned about the lack of Tobias. And did they drop the subplot about Khalil?

I don't like that we're not getting any answers about LaLa's resurrection.

Wow; Assistant Principal With Crush on Jeff hasn't been on the show so long, I don't even remember her name. How did she get roped into this??

• Love 3

Black Lightning should have sent a message and turn the woman's power off permanently after the second object missed! 

I am more intrigued for a Lala and Tobais confrontation than anything else right now. 

After Gambi mentioned to find spotter, I thought it had to be the assistant principal. 

Annisa and BL were a good team this episode but the damage Jennifer and BL bring could be epic!

• Love 3

I am so happy they brought back 2-Bits for some scenes.  I really hope he pops back up every now and then.  He's like the Turk of the Netflix Marvel shows: someone who is a criminal, but low enough that the heroes don't really bother with him, and he's more then willing to give out info/assistance, in order to save his ass!

It's a tale as old as time: Jefferson declares over and over again that he is done with Gambi and can never trust him again, but once Gambi gets kidnapped, tortured, and generally gets his ass-kicked, Jefferson suddenly has a massive change of heart.  Aww!  Obviously, I suspect it will still take time before he'll ever fully trust Gambi again, but I do hope this is a step towards them working things out.

So, now Lala is seeing hallucinations of his cousin he popped episode ago and now has his face magically tattooed to his chest.  His story just keeps getting crazier by the minute!

It sounds like Jennifer's powers are doing something different to her body compared to Jefferson and Anissa.  I wonder what that is all about?

Vice Principal is totally working Martin and the evil organization.  I hope this is leading towards her trying to seduce Jefferson, since she has clearly shown interest in the past.  Granted, that's mainly because I don't anything to prevent quality Jefferson/Lynn time.  I'm still rooting for you crazy kids to work it out!

I do wonder why Tobias has suddenly disappeared.  Did the actor need time off or did the show simply want to take a break from him being a big obstacle, and didn't want to bog him down with a bunch of filler and whatnot?

• Love 2

Enjoyable episode. I too thought that the Vice Principal would be the spotter the second Gambi mentioned that there needed to be one. 

I must say Gregg Henry is doing a really good job being menacing. He is much better here than he ever was on Scandal.

A nit: that was a CT scanner, not an MRI, and only the girls' heads were in it, so it wouldn't show their whole bodies.

And yes, the woman dropping appliances out her window was a scream.  :-)

• Love 1

They need to give some kind of explanation soon about how Lala came back. If it's supernatural, I can live with that, but even a supernatural show needs some kind of mythos about why some people return and others don't. His scenes are mostly good, in and of themselves, but wondering what the deal is really takes me out of the moment.

• Love 2
33 minutes ago, CletusMusashi said:

They need to give some kind of explanation soon about how Lala came back. If it's supernatural, I can live with that, but even a supernatural show needs some kind of mythos about why some people return and others don't. His scenes are mostly good, in and of themselves, but wondering what the deal is really takes me out of the moment.

Lala was reading about the Egyptian Book of the Dead, so that might be a clue.

Will Lady Eve appear as a tattoo on LaLa's  chest soon ?  Or will she come back to life soon as well ?

7 hours ago, janeta said:

And yes, the woman dropping appliances out her window was a scream.  :-)

I was thinking back in the day that part would have been maybe played by Helen Martin or LaWanda Page.  Apart from wondering how Lala got brought back from the dead, one question that I've had since the first ep is how does Black Lightning get around Freeland? Barry Allen as The Flash can run very fast, Kara Danvers aka Supergirl can fly, and even Oliver Queen aka Green Arrow has been shown to have a motorcycle.  When Jefferson is all suited up as Black Lightning it's not like he can call a cab or Uber or ride the bus to get to wherever he needs to be.  And I don't think the show ever mentioning him having the power to fly.

• Love 1
17 minutes ago, AD35 said:

And I don't think the show ever mentioning him having the power to fly.

The show has had him been being able to fly (or at least hover and move from building to building) since episode four or five.

Edited by johntfs
  • Love 2
12 hours ago, ottoDbusdriver said:

Will Lady Eve appear as a tattoo on LaLa's  chest soon ?  Or will she come back to life soon as well ?

So far we have only seen people that LaLa personally killed, so that rules out Lady Eve. Of course they could find another way to bring her back.

• Love 2

More angst. More drama. And an old lady trying to kill/subdue Black Lightning for the money by dropping appliances from the window. I needed the laugh.

So Jenn = Red Lightning? Sadly, if she creates energy, she's probably going to explode. This is opposed to Anissa, who has the density thing working for her. I'm hoping Gambi heals up enough to make a sweet outfit for Jenn.

So Lala's ability is seeing dead people and taking them into himself? When does he make out with his cousin?

• Love 1

Its kind of messed up, but I kind of laughed a bit when the family went to Jefferson's old family home, and they were just like "Isn't this where grandpa got murdered?" and Jefferson just reminded that, yeah thats true, but there were other, better memories too dang it!

• Love 1