Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E09: The Gesture

• Start Topic

The reconciliation scene was indeed adorable, especially Patrick's happy reaction at the end. Also the fact that David did not care people could see him through the windows (although there did not seem to be any crowd gathered for the show).

I thought that Stevie's makeup could have been pushed a degree or two more into the grotesque, but it did do the job.

Will Moira get her comeuppance for inadvertently stealing Alexis' idea and getting the council to decide on a very risky whole week event, instead of the more reasonable one day her daughter had proposed?

• Love 3

Oh my goodness, what are they going to do with a group of singles for a WEEK in Schitt's Creek?? Organize tours of Bob's garage? I was disappointed in Moira for pushing aside Alexis's idea in order to promote her own, then taking the credit. The makeup thing was great, Stevie is at her best when they let her be her full snarky sarcastic self.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Jordan61 said:

Oh my goodness, what are they going to do with a group of singles for a WEEK in Schitt's Creek??

Just more incentive to get drunk and hook up!

I really hope that the Schitt's Creek tour includes a stop at the Moira's Rose's Garden!

• Love 5

I'm so glad they didn't drag this Patrick and David thing out. There's nothing more irritating than a series of misunderstandings used to keep couples apart - it's so Soap Opera. Was much relieved when the issue was settled in the very next scene, and I loved David admitting he might have been waiting it out to see how many more gifts he might get. I swear Daniel Levy was cracking up during that scene.

But David lip-syncing to Tina Turner was possibly the cutest damn thing I have ever seen on this show, and maybe ever on TV period. That has to rank as my all-time favorite scene on this show to date.

Bonus points for Stevie in the make-up - I  couldn't stop laughing at that either.

• Like 1
  • Love 23
44 minutes ago, iMonrey said:

But David lip-syncing to Tina Turner was possibly the cutest damn thing I have ever seen on this show, and maybe ever on TV period. That has to rank as my all-time favorite scene on this show to date.

That WAS adorable! If a man did that for me, I think I'd marry him on the spot!

• Love 14
On 3/20/2018 at 8:57 PM, 17wheatthins said:

Me after this episode:

IMG_2241.GIF

Above:  I think THIS is one of the cutest things I’ve ever seen!  

Loved the episode.  Stevie’s makeup, every bit of Alexis, pubic relations, Roland knowing the artists, Moira’s expressive vocab, David’s face in nearly every scene, and the epic lip-sync “olive branch” for Patrick.

• Love 11

Shouldn't the town council have spent at least several minutes discussing what their singles event would offer, how they would lure people, how much it might cost to put it on, and what the people would spend money on and add to the town? If there are so few singles in the area, then they'd have to draw from further away and not a lot of locals would directly benefit, so what is the town getting out of it? A few motel rooms rented and a little income for the cafe and the apothecary? Is Jocelyn going to offer classes in assorted cheese-based cuisines (sure to get the singles hooking up)? Makeup tutorials by Stevie? Acting workshops with Moira? Can they spend an entire week having barbecues at the motel? Shouldn't they have done the motel refreshing BEFORE trying to create an event that will put the town on the map? When is Alexis going to get on that project? I am eagerly waiting.

Either this thing is going to go as well as the Fyre Festival, or Ted will show up, newly single, and nothing else will matter. To Alexis, at least, if not to the town's culture budget.

It's about time David made an effort to do something for Patrick.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

I have only just discovered this show (I have no idea why it has taken me so long!). I am currently watching Season 2 on Netflix but have just started taping Season 4 as it airs. What an episode to be the first I have seen of Season 4! I have loved all of the characters (with the exception of the mayor) since day one, but David has always been my favourite. The final scene of the olive branch was so adorable and moving. I can't wait to see how David has arrived at this point in his life, and I am so glad he has. Daniel Levy is freaking brilliant in this role, and the rest of the cast are tied for second. What a gem of a series.

On an unrelated note, does anyone know how I can add this show to my customized list? There used to be a place to click to add a show, but either it is no longer there or I am blind because I don't see it.......

• Love 6
22 hours ago, MerBearHou said:

Loved the episode.  Stevie’s makeup, every bit of Alexis, pubic relations, Roland knowing the artists, Moira’s expressive vocab, David’s face in nearly every scene, and the epic lip-sync “olive branch” for Patrick.

OMG I totally forgot about Roland knowing the artists! That was awesome.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, 17wheatthins said:

Is there a little box to the right of the title on the Schitt's Creek main forum page? I think if you check it it will add the show to your list. 

:-)

Thank you! I think there used to be a box that said 'add to customized home page' so I kept looking for it - lol. 

On 3/21/2018 at 4:13 PM, ElectricBoogaloo said:

I could not stop laughing at the makeup Stevie slathered onto her face.

When the end credit came up, I was still laughing about Stevie's make up. 

Stevie pointed out to David he was wearing a leather sweater in the middle of summer (and man was that sweater one of the worst yet), but Moira was wearing a buttoned up shirt, a jacket, and a sequined skirt that had to weigh at least 10 pounds. I was sweating for both of them. (But, oh, her jacket! I need one of those in my life. [For winter, of course])

Love this show so much.

Stevie looked so wonderfully hideous in that makeup! Her conversation with Alexis was pure gold. As was Johnny telling her to take the makeup off, since it was giving him flashbacks of David trying to shoot a 3-pointer!

So far this season, David has discovered that he has a best friend, for the first time in his life, and his first-ever more than four-month romantic relationship seems to be solid. David's doing very well these days. I'm glad we got to see it. 

• Love 9
On 3/22/2018 at 11:48 AM, iMonrey said:

OMG!  One of the best things- ever!

• Love 9

Oh wow, I didn't think anything could be sweeter than Patrick's song but that was one of the best things I've seen in a while. I literally got chills when David sang the part about being better than all the rest, anyone I've ever met. Rewound it, watched it again and got chills at the exact same moment. I usually don't care about romance much, but I'm all in on this one.

ETA: I watched the behind the episode thing upthread and Dan said he didn't want to watch it. I hope he did because it was just wonderful. Yes, I've watched it one more time. I'm done. For now.

Edited by festivus
  • Love 8
43 minutes ago, festivus said:

I'm done. For now

Key words... "For now" -- ha ha. When I need a lift I watch that whole episode. I love the way both David and Moira were ready to feel embarrassed when Patrick sang - then when he started, the changes that came over their faces was just so wonderful. I also loved when Jocelyn and Roland came over and started talking to Moira, she was polite to them but made it clear this was an important moment she didn't want to miss. I thought that was so sweet.

• Like 1
  • Love 5

David lip syncing to Tina Turner as his big gesture to Patrick was wonderful! I teared up again. 

I could swear that the actor who plays Patrick was trying not to crack up. 

Dan Levy's eyes water so much at times that I think he is going to start crying. 

Wonderful episode. 

• Love 1