Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E05: AKA The Octopus

My Unspoiled Thoughts and Speculation 

• Ask and Ye Shall Receive. Awesome to see Hogarth becoming more integrated into the main storyline of the season. 

• Holy Crapiscle Stick! Are we going to discover that Jessica has been implanted with Octopus DNA? 

• Love 3

Inez stealing the TV was great. Malcolm being so happy with any praise Jess gives is so cute.

Poor Trish, but it was nice to hear from her about what she was trying to get out of the relationship with Griffin, it wasn't love, even though that is what she was telling herself and others.

Trish is going to become addicted to the feeling on being on the enhancers, and not going to end up in a good place. Although this may be how she becomes Jessica's sidekick proper.

Janet McTeer going postal on the poor piano, I was legit scared for the mom and baby.

• Love 1

Octopus being a significant part of a Marvel show?  I automatically can't help but wonder if Hydra is involved!

Trish refusing Griffin's proposal is probably the right call since they are hinting at him being somewhat shady, but I think her reasons are sound enough anyway.  I do think she cares for him on some levels, but it really does feel more like she wants to be him and not with him.  And it was quite satisfying finally watching her smack Dorothy, one of the worst mothers of all time.  That said, yeah, nothing good is going to come out of her huffing that stuff Simpson was on.

Glad that John Ventimiglia's detective could be an ally for Jessica, and it was due to the whole incident involving Killgrave taking over the precinct.  Then again, that didn't work out so well for poor Clemons...

Aww, Malcolm is an associate now!  He's moving up in the world!

Does Jeri want dirt on IGA because she thinks they can save her?

Janet McTeer is aligned with Callum Keith Reine?!  Oh, this is going to be fun! 

• Love 3

I will say, as shady as Griffin is, he does seem to genuinely care for now and it doesn't seem like he's been playing her from the start. I could be wrong, though. I just found it sweet that Grifin even invited Jessica to the proposal. 

Oh yay, at least one detective is on Jessica's side, and it's because of the police station scene last season. That scene was very well done. I immediately like Costa. 

Good on Malcolm for getting promoted. He really does love when Jessica does give him praise. But I did take note of Inez's reading of Malcolm. I mean, I thought that he genuinely cared about a lot of these people, but how right is Inez? Has Jessica really rubbed off on him? 

11 hours ago, thuganomics85 said:

Does Jeri want dirt on IGA because she thinks they can save her?

I'm willing to bet this is where they're going with it. If IGH can't save her, then she'll kill herself as planned.

The piano smashing scene was actually kind of scary. I knew something was going to happen, but luckily nobody got hurt.

I'm surprised at how much I loathe Dorothy, to the point where I'm hoping she does get killed soon. She's toxic to Trish, and she's just irritating. Plus, keeping Trish's addiction a secret is just going to harm Trish more than help her. Trish needed to do more than smack her. It was nice to hear why Trish had to break up with Griffin, even if it hurt both of them. But boo on her for continuing to take Simpson's drugs.

• Love 3

Dorothy is the worst.

So they let Trish go, even though she was obviously on drugs of some sort, but Jessica was held? I guess because she was suspected of murder, but still. I do like the cop who told her he was there to help, if she needed it. 

I think Hogarth wants to see if they can fix her. She's like Trish in that way: wants the abilities, although Trish wants to help people, and Hogarth was just selfish before. I can understand her wanting to see if they can save her life.

So octopus DNA might be behind their ability to heal faster? 

I didn't think Griffin was sweet, but I have too much experience with family members and smarmy boyfriends. Controlling douches, they were. 

• Love 3

I'm glad that Trish finally smacked Dorothy.  She deserved it and shouldn't feel bad about it.  I found Griffin's gesture to be manipulative too.

I like this expanding of Jessica's world with the people around her.

I'm also happy that Jeri is being worked more into the main storyline.  C-AM is killing so far.

Cool ending with the water tank about to bust.

• Love 1

Dorothy found Griffin's proposal "breathtaking." I found it creepy, manipulative, and presumptuous disguised as romantic.

He had clearly been planning this for a while but didn't say a thing to Jessica, so he is disregarding what Trish told him when he complained about her recently - they're a package deal so if he wants Trish to be in his life, he has to accept Jessica (and not just begrudgingly). Trish considers Jessica to be her sister so I understand her attitude. My sisters and I have not been in as many harrowing life or death situations as Trish and Jessica have (thank goodness!) and I definitely wouldn't date, let alone marry, someone who didn't wholeheartedly embrace them as part of my life. His whiny/negative comments about Jessica would have been enough for me to dump his ass if I were Trish.

When he jokingly said that he gathered all of their friends and family together so that he could pressure her into saying yes, I was like yeaaaaaah, he's not really kidding.

One of my friends was really principled about not saying "I love you" unless he meant it. One of his girlfriends sprang "I love you" on him pretty early in their relationship and he was not about to say it back just because she said it first so his response was "thank you." That's all I could think about when Griffin proposed and Trish said, "Thank you," instead of something along the lines of "Omigawd, YES!"

Awwwww, Malcolm got a promotion! He is like a sweet little puppy dog whenever Jessica says anything remotely un-negative to him.

I don't know why Oscar said that Jessica asking for a fake ID into the hospital was putting his family's safety at risk. He already makes fake IDs for other people and that's not putting his family's safety at risk but a hospital badge is a big risk?

Dorothy is the worst so I don't understand why Trish gave her a key to her place.

Edited by ElectricBoogaloo
  • Love 5
On 3/13/2018 at 4:00 PM, Anela said:

Oh my god, that's Rebecca  de mornay?? Playing her mother. I thought she looked familiar. 

She played a similar character on Lucifer. Not quite as awful a person, but very selfish and wanted her daughter to remain an actress. 

4 hours ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

Awwwww, Malcolm got a promotion! He is like a sweet little puppy dog whenever Jessica says anything remotely un-negative to him.

Love this description.

4 hours ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

I don't know why Oscar said that Jessica asking for a fake ID into the hospital was putting his family's safety at risk. He already makes fake IDs for other people and that's not putting his family's safety at risk but a hospital badge is a big risk?

Oscar knows the police arrested Jessica on suspicion of murder. If something happens and she's found w/ a fake ID, like the former janitor is killed, the police will probably look into how Jessica got the ID to enter the hospital. Or, possibly the killer could follow Jessica to the hospital. 

On 3/12/2018 at 3:47 PM, dkb said:

Janet McTeer going postal on the poor piano, I was legit scared for the mom and baby.

Me too. Then I thought about how cathartic it could be to completely trash a piano. Then I saw the look on her face and thought, cathartic probably wasn't what she was going for. 

Anyone else waiting for Ringo Starr to start singing at the aquarium? 

• Love 2

Ugh, Trish's mother is a parasite.  Bailing her daughter out of jail, casually commenting on the fact she thinks she's relapsed, but still set up a meeting with a cable news company. Trish has been surrounded by people who wanted to use her, for her entire life. Even her current boyfriend. Man, that sucks.

And Griffin setting her up for a proposal she absolutely couldn't say no to without humiliating herself and him? What a fucking douchebag. Who the hell invites all of someone's family to a special event, with the intention of springing a surprise proposal? An emotional manipulator, that's who.

Is that the first time Trish has hit her mother? Don't feel bad, Trish. It's the least you could do. Still, I guess we have to worry about her becoming a quasi-villain now, with those drugs.

It's cool to see Malcolm coming into his own, both as a character and as an investigator. Jessica is relying on him more and more, even though she doesn't want to admit it. And she promoted him! He seems to bring out the best aspects of Jessica's character, as much as she tries to fight it. He must have dropped "associate" two or three times, he was so proud.

"It's okay, I'm not mad at you."

"Have they got you on sedatives?"

Creepy lady is creepy. Truly unpredictable, and the show made great use of that. The tension rising with the discordance of the music was really well done. She's a very different kind of villain than Kilgrave. He was quite predictable, in that he would always just follow his impulses, his desire to satisfy whatever urge he had. This woman? I have no clue what she's doing, or why. I don't know if she's loyal to IGH, or trying to bring them down, or trying to protect people from them.

Oh... Jeri heard about IGH's ability to heal people. So, there's where she's going to fuck Jessica over again.

I did have a little laugh at "I know how you people like to team up." But cool that they brought Kilgrave's actions in the police precinct from last season back. 

Nice to see Callum Keith Rennie, who I didn't know was going to be in this.

• Love 3

This show offers many opportunities to multi task. The wedding proposal, the discussion with the super and his mom and kid, Malcolm and the former friend, these go on a long time for no real payoff.

I don’t find the villain scary. Not yet, anyway. 

Inez is pretty perceptive.

Also, enough anvils about how Jessica has no friends and is alone. 

Super Patsy is super unnecessary. 

Edited by Ottis

Dorothy is truly the worst. She may even be in the running of worst MCU parent, and that is certainly a tight race. She would at least make the top seven. She is an absolute parasite, and I wish Trish would finally tell her to shove it and never talk to her again. 

Oh Trish, step back from the weird super drugs. I've seen this subplot before, and it never ends well! 

Malcolm is moving up in the world! What a sweet little bean he is, he just wants Jessica to say something nice to him every once in awhile, and when she does, he lights up like a Christmas Tree. Oh Malcolm. 

Callum Keith Rennie is always a good addition to any show, especially if your looking for creepy and yet fascinating. 

• Love 1

Malcolm moving on up.  He's definitely my favorite character, well, maybe after Oscar.

Inez stealing and dropping the TV made the episode for me, along with Malcolm's "Watch the TV" to Hogarth.  I mean, elephant in the room, how much longer will Inez last, she's gotta go soon right?  Right?

I was worried for the Mother and Baby when Janet McTeer's character went crazy on the piano.

I don't need super or druggie Patsy.

Honestly, episodes would be perfect if a few minutes was shaved off.

I'm late since I started late and now I'm stretching out my Jessica Jones watching.

But I just love the scenes between Jeri and Jessica. Both extremely competent in what they do, extremely guarded in everything they do and now Jeri might even become a bit vulnerable in this story.

And still, very different characters.

• Love 1