Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E06: Mother Knows Best

OnceSane
  • Start Topic

The housemates host their mothers for the weekend; the housemates are on their best behavior, but things go off the rails; Kyle braces for the introduction of his mother to Amanda's mother, which turns out to be a bigger step than he anticipated.

So it all comes out! Big mouth Stephen just had to tell his girl Lauren the big secret told to him by Carl! Carl must have been defensive and called him a liar! That's why Stephen's been so morose this season; his feelings were hurt! Please! What a D!CK for even bringing up a conversation told in confidence! He's an a-hole! ;-(

• Love 7

Poor Stephen! Such a victim! Why bring Carl into his misery? Blames everyone for something due to his lack of acceptance by his parents! Cry me a river! Like he's the only gay person that feels his parents are disappointed and would prefer him to be alone and celibate! Spare me! ;-(

• Love 8

Stephen is the male version of Debbie downer .... dude is pathetic always complaining and never happy... he’s a complete waste of space ... Carl Is a self absorbed d bag but the Rocky Dennis twin never had a chance .... Carl only loves Carl 

Edited by FrankieTankie
  • Love 7

The editors must hate Carl, with that extended farting scene. Though then they try to give him some redemption at the end of the episode when he was comforting his mom. Nice try, but he's still an ass. And Lauren acts like a pathetic loser.

• Love 2

The moms were cute. They all seemed pretty sweet. Carl is super close with his mom. I'm sure there's some reason why that's made it hard for him to really get close to women, but I'm too tired to psychoanalyze right now. 

Stephen is on my shit list. So he divulges to Lauren something that Carl told him in confidence, Carl calls him a liar to protect himself, and that's worse than Stephen betraying his trust in the first place???? 

And his obvious shit-stirring is so gross. Carl is definitely a player and that vapid moron talking about marriage made me laugh so hard. But Carl is right; his door being closed signals an expectation of privacy. Stephen should not have been listening, much less running back to the twins to get them all incensed. 

I can't, for the life of me, figure out why THIS is what got Lauren so upset. I mean, really? Is he your boyfriend? No. Get over it. (but she won't be. She'll sleep with him again soon and we'll start all over.) I don't know who she and Ashley think they are, telling him to leave the house. It's not your fucking house! 

I did love Kyle whining to Amdanda that he wanted to "listen" to the fight. That would soooo be me. I ain't gonna stir it up, but once it pops off? Damned if I won't be making some popcorn and getting me a front row seat. 

• Love 11

Lauren was on Andy Cohen's show last night. She said the woman on the phone with Carl is married. But, honestly, why does she care? Anyone with an ounce of sense and self respect would run from Carl. Carl had also been on WWHL recently and said he slept with Scheana from Vanderpump and last night Lauren was saying that was a lie. What in the world? Why is she even commenting on this?

Everyone on this show is a mess. I don't see Carl ever being faithful to one woman or  getting married. His parents' acrimonious divorce plays a part in this, but really, he is just a jerk. Kyle looked like a deer caught in the headlights a couple of times when his mom and Amanda's mom were there together. Amanda sees them headed down the aisle, but I don't think Kyle sees that anytime soon, if ever. Stephen is totally a Debbie Downer as someone else mentioned. Really tired of him. I think Lauren believes she is the one who can change Carl. Delusional. I see her going back to him time and again. And Everett shows up next week. Ugh. Why is he appealing to anyone?

• Love 6

No doubt Carl is a Dbag but I still can't figure out what he did to Stephen to cause such hatred and jealousy from Stephen. All I can figure is that no matter what S says, he is in love with Carl. Stephen is a malicious little asshole with a whole boatload of issues he needs to work on. Never mind what Carl is doing. 

• Love 8

Is Stephen the one who gave Carl the best head he's ever got?  Stephen seems to have feelings for Carl in my opinion, complete with a lot of anger towards him, which makes me think there's more to their friendship.  

Lauren is just flat out embarrassing.  Actually I'm embarrassed for everyone on this show.  They are way too old to act like drunken assholes.  Who would ever want to invest with Kyle?  Overgrown frat boy.   I only hope that because they are on TV and don't seem to have other streams of income, they are acting up to create drama.  No one Lauren's age would really act that way with someone who is just using her for a fuckmate right?

Also, what is the dental startup that Carl is working for?  What is he selling?  Dental equipment?  I picture him working for some small dental office and being the one who goes over the options with parents on which braces for their kids they should get.  None of these idiots seem like they are capable of having a high powered sales job.

Edited by sasha206
  • Love 3

Carls head story is a little suspicious. He said he was having a threesome and some gay guy joined in and gave him head. Ummmm..... was the gay guy hiding behind the curtains? Where did he come from? Just magically appeared from nowhere? It makes no sense at all. Just own it Carl. You were your usual drunk off your ass self, didn't really care who was blowing you as long as it felt good. End of story. 

• Love 14

Lauren, Ashley, and Stephen are just high school mean girls. They're so weak and insecure that they gang up to justify all the horrible things they do. I can't believe they managed to make Carl look GOOD. I'm sure Carl is still a d-bag, but he was 100% right this episode on everything and actually acted mature. 

The smartest person on this show is the woman who quit after last season because she was tired of Lauren and Ashley ganging up on them. And now that Stephen has joined them they've made life miserable for everyone else. Amit and Danielle already choose to avoid the house, Carl would be wise to stay on the show but ignore them, we know Lauren will berate Lindsey. Honestly, they all should just ostracize those three and enjoy their summer. Even Kyle was getting fed up with Lauren and Stephen. 

• Love 6
2 hours ago, Pickles said:

Lauren was on Andy Cohen's show last night. She said the woman on the phone with Carl is married.

Anything is possible, but I'm not eager to believe Lauren on this. That conversation seems weird as hell coming from a married person. She was talking about seeing her psychic and asking the psychic who she would marry. Why would she ask that if she's already married? Just seems like another way for Lauren to try and make Carl look like a monster. Carl is skeevy, no question. But Lauren knows what he's about and keeps jumping back in his bed. That's on her. I'm not going to fall for her pleas for sympathy. 

1 hour ago, sasha206 said:

Is Stephen the one who gave Carl the best head he's ever got?  Stephen seems to have feelings for Carl in my opinion, complete with a lot of anger towards him, which makes me think there's more to their friendship.  

No. The incident happened years ago. Carl said he was having a 3 some with 2 girls, but there was also a gay guy there and he got thrown into the mix somehow? I don't know if he is downplaying that part of it or not. It was probably a case of him just being super fucked up and not giving a shit; a wild, hedonistic night. He apparently shared it with Stephen and Stephen ran and told Lauren. At that point, Carl denied it - effectively labeling Steven as a liar. But it wasn't Stephen's story to share, so I don't blame Carl there. I do think that Stephen is attracted to Carl and when he heard the story he thought that meant he had a chance. But nothing ever came of it and his general shit-stirring didn't produce the results he wants. So he's sulking. 

Edited by ghoulina
  • Love 6

I live in a town in Alabama close to where Stephen is from. Not that it really matters...just thought it was kinda cool that he is from around here. I would never admit to my friends that I even watch this show cause I'm almost 60.  LOL! They can't believe I watch RHW, but I'm retired with too much time on my hands.

This is such a shit show though. I can't believe that most of them are in their 30's and act the way they do. I think Kyle has a big drinking problem. My brain hurts listening to those twins talk...sooooo fast!!!

• Love 11
2 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

Carls head story is a little suspicious. He said he was having a threesome and some gay guy joined in and gave him head. Ummmm..... was the gay guy hiding behind the curtains? Where did he come from? Just magically appeared from nowhere? It makes no sense at all. Just own it Carl. You were your usual drunk off your ass self, didn't really care who was blowing you as long as it felt good. End of story. 

I mean, Carl was effectively just outed and gay shamed ... by a gay man. Is it any wonder that he might feel compelled to minimize whatever forays into homosexuality he's made when they're literally being weaponized as a tool to embarrass, titillate, and create controversy by the sole LGBTQ member of the cast? Stephen's performance was one of the most homophobic displays I've seen on this network, which has a pretty extensive record of casual homophobia from which to choose. I don't know if he's internalized the homophobia he asserts caused him so much angst until very recently and/or has been warped by self-loathing but something is profoundly wrong with him psychoemotionally.

That being said, I have no trouble envisioning a spontaneous threesome occurring at a college or house party among young adults depending upon the circumstances. I mean, just look at the promiscuity among the cast in the titular lodgings. 

• Love 16
2 hours ago, ghoulina said:

No. The incident happened years ago. Carl said he was having a 3 some with 2 girls, but there was also a gay guy there and he got thrown into the mix somehow? I don't know if he is downplaying that part of it or not. It was probably a case of him just being super fucked up and not giving a shit; a wild, hedonistic night. He apparently shared it with Stephen and Stephen ran and told Lauren. At that point, Carl denied it - effectively labeling Steven as a liar. But it wasn't Stephen's story to share, so I don't blame Carl there. I do think that Stephen is attracted to Carl and when he heard the story he thought that meant he had a chance. But nothing ever came of it and his general shit-stirring didn't produce the results he wants. So he's sulking. 

I heard the story; I just don't believe it.  I think he and Stephen have had some fun together in the past which is why Stephen wanted to tell the "best head" story.  My personal opinion is that Carl may have told Stephen of his homosexual experience and maybe that led to him and Stephen having their own experience together which Stephen *KNEW* he couldn't talk about.  Stephen seems like someone who crushes on Carl and is angry that he and Lauren are having sex.  And while he betrayed his friend, his "best head" story to me sounds like something that Carl likely said to Stephen while they were getting busy.  So he got that part of the story out without revealing the who gave him said great head!

I know that sounds confusing and possibly far fetched but Stephen's attitude towards Carl and revealing that story to me sounds like someone who  had a fling with Carl, knows he can't talk about it, so he reveals a little tidbit from their own experience to put Carl on edge.  Stephen's being upset at Carl for the Pride parade sort of said it all to me.  He wants Carl and wasn't digging him enjoying himself too much at the Pride parade.

1 hour ago, Sharonana said:

I think Kyle has a big drinking problem. My brain hurts listening to those twins talk...sooooo fast!!!

I think so too.  He's far too old to be doing the amount of binge drinking he's doing and he's so overly intoxicated.  He's not some college kid who is letting lose because he finally can.   

Edited by sasha206
  • Love 3
32 minutes ago, sasha206 said:

I heard the story; I just don't believe it.  I think he and Stephen have had some fun together in the past which is why Stephen wanted to tell the "best head" story.  My personal opinion is that Carl may have told Stephen of his homosexual experience and maybe that led to him and Stephen having their own experience together which Stephen *KNEW* he couldn't talk about.  Stephen seems like someone who crushes on Carl and is angry that he and Lauren are having sex.  And while he betrayed his friend, his "best head" story to me sounds like something that Carl likely said to Stephen while they were getting busy.  So he got that part of the story out without revealing the who gave him said great head!

I know that sounds confusing and possibly far fetched but Stephen's attitude towards Carl and revealing that story to me sounds like someone who  had a fling with Carl, knows he can't talk about it, so he reveals a little tidbit from their own experience to put Carl on edge.  Stephen's being upset at Carl for the Pride parade sort of said it all to me.  He wants Carl and wasn't digging him enjoying himself too much at the Pride parade.

Oh okay, I get what you're saying now. While I don't lean towards that scenario myself, it could definitely be a possibility. Stephen does seem to act more pissed at Carl than any situation warrants. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, ghoulina said:

Oh okay, I get what you're saying now. While I don't lean towards that scenario myself, it could definitely be a possibility. Stephen does seem to act more pissed at Carl than any situation warrants. 

Right.  Probably a far fetched scenario but at the very least, Stephen in my mind is in love with Carl.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, sasha206 said:

Right.  Probably a far fetched scenario but at the very least, Stephen in my mind is in love with Carl.

I definitely agree with that. I just don't know if that love has to stem from any interaction between the two. But you never know! 

• Love 2

So this is kind of what I think happened between Carl, Steven, and Lauren. Carl tells Steven this story for some (possibly drunk, probably drunk, definitely drunk) reason last summer. Last summer Steve was very anti-Lauren, everything was her fault. I think Steven thought he could wait out Lauren and Carl would fall in love with him. Then Carl and Lauren start dating for real between seasons. Steven in a fit of jealousy tells this story to Lauren trying to imply that Carl is in the closet (and probably believes that himself). Lauren asks Carl. Carl panics and lies (which he shouldn’t have done) and Lauren tell Steven. Steven reacts like a spurned lover because that’s how he feels, even though he knows rationally he’s not.

Now, I am willing to believe things have happened between Carl and Steven. Maybe not sex, but something that Steven could hold onto. I feel for Carl right now, because the crazy is coming at him fast and loud, but I do think he uses people to make himself feel better and then discards them when he doesn’t need them anymore. I do think he has done this to both Lauren and Steven. However! Fuck off both Steven and Lauren: 1. For being crazy, self absorbed drama witches. 2. For ever making me feel sorry for Carl. How dare you! I said Good Day, Sir! Good Day! 

• Love 12

The Carl's lack of appeal  is understandable. Same with Everett. There is nothing attractive or appealing about either one. My question is, what is appealing about Lauren? Not attractive in the least. I don't find her pretty just incredibly average. She talks to fast, she doesn't seem smart, she is vain. She has no interesting qualities. Why does she think she is such a great catch? 

• Love 11
3 hours ago, cincivic said:

The Carl's lack of appeal  is understandable. Same with Everett. There is nothing attractive or appealing about either one. My question is, what is appealing about Lauren? Not attractive in the least. I don't find her pretty just incredibly average. She talks to fast, she doesn't seem smart, she is vain. She has no interesting qualities. Why does she think she is such a great catch? 

Because she's a twin!  A blonde twin!  And those twins have been riding for years on the odd sexual fantasies some men have for tall blonde twins.  I remember first season there was some odd comment one of them made in their talking heads about them showering together -- or something about them being naked together .  It was clearly said for titillating reasons in my mind.  I think they've received a lot of attention from men because of it making both of them think they are far more attractive than they really are.   

• Love 6
3 hours ago, cincivic said:

I think that’s how her family has taught her to behave. They seem very into the princesss/Prince Charming dynamic. 

• Love 4

I want to like Stephen, especially because of his parents, but he seems to feel because he's miserable, the way to handle it, is to make everyone else miserable. There are plenty of potential boyfriends out there that can understand family dynamics. I personally have no relationship with my husband's family, and that's ok.

• Love 2

Are we to believe Amit is straight?  On the surface with his metrosexualness, he seems more gay than Stephen.  And while I think Lindsay is odd looking, that would've been easy sex for a young guy and he essentially ran away.  

11 minutes ago, sasha206 said:

On the surface with his metrosexualness, he seems more gay than Stephen. 

I agree that Stephen does not have many of the steretypical qualities of gay men.  In a house of straight dudes Stephen has the worst haircut!  Whaaaaa...!?

• Love 3
On 3/1/2018 at 1:05 PM, sasha206 said:

Are we to believe Amit is straight?  On the surface with his metrosexualness, he seems more gay than Stephen.  And while I think Lindsay is odd looking, that would've been easy sex for a young guy and he essentially ran away.  

How young is he?  He seems thirty to me.  And I don’t think turning L down makes him gay.  She is clearly on the rebound and way too desperate seeming.  Unlike Carl, he weighs the issue of shitting where you eat.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, SFoster21 said:

How young is he?  He seems thirty to me.  And I don’t think turning L down makes him gay.  She is clearly on the rebound and way too desperate seeming.  Unlike Carl, he weighs the issue of shitting where you eat.

Plus, this was during a party. There were other girls there, some of who were hanging around Amit quite a bit. So IF he is the type that just can't pass up easy sex, there were options. Lindsey came on way too strong; that turns a lot of guys off. I believe that's the reason the work-out guy high-tailed it out of there. 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, ghoulina said:

Plus, this was during a party. There were other girls there, some of who were hanging around Amit quite a bit. So IF he is the type that just can't pass up easy sex, there were options. Lindsey came on way too strong; that turns a lot of guys off. I believe that's the reason the work-out guy high-tailed it out of there. 

True, but he pings my gaydar w/o Lindsay ever being a part of the convo.

He brought a girl home and it was implied that he had sex in the bathroom in another episode.

Noeven if L wasn't a drunken hot mess when she was coming on to him, he only  needs to look at Lauren and Carl to see how easily a hookup in the house can go wrong.

(edited)
On ‎2‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 11:42 AM, lunastartron said:

I mean, Carl was effectively just outed and gay shamed ... by a gay man. Is it any wonder that he might feel compelled to minimize whatever forays into homosexuality he's made when they're literally being weaponized as a tool to embarrass, titillate, and create controversy by the sole LGBTQ member of the cast? Stephen's performance was one of the most homophobic displays I've seen on this network, which has a pretty extensive record of casual homophobia from which to choose. I don't know if he's internalized the homophobia he asserts caused him so much angst until very recently and/or has been warped by self-loathing but something is profoundly wrong with him psychoemotionally.

That being said, I have no trouble envisioning a spontaneous threesome occurring at a college or house party among young adults depending upon the circumstances. I mean, just look at the promiscuity among the cast in the titular lodgings. 

Carl's truly just jealous and upset it wasn't him jumping into that pile! Maybe he thinks the twins might get so $#!t-faced it can be reenacted! ;-)

Edited by Fiero425