Type keyword(s) to search

"DAMN IT! " The Quotes of 24

(edited)
the little smirk Kiefer Sutherland did while he said that.

Yes. Which reminds me of that moment in Day 4 when Jack is interrogating the one guy who lawyered up to prevent CTU from getting him to reveal where Habib Marwan was. After he breaks the guy's fingers, he says, with a similar smirk, "This will help you with the pain," and then knocks him out. I found that much funnier than I probably should have.

Another great moment from LAD's second hour:

Jack (to Chloe): Where did you get the car?

Chloe: I stole it. I hotwired it.

Jack: (pause, impressed expression) Good job!

Edited by Namarie
  • Love 2

Jack is definitely not keeping up, but I think I got to a total of 5 dammits in the first two hours, starting with Yvonne. Forgot to count from there on.

(I think I need to get a life...)

"I promise you, when this is all over, I will turn myself in to the authorities."

When I heard Jack say something like that in the last episode, I thought "On how many different days has he said that?" LOL

On Day 4, the only resolute Radical Islamist Terrorist I have ever loved, Dina Araz, aka "TerrorMom", said this:

"In two hours, all the reactors will have gone critical. After that, it won't matter what I tell you, and he can kill my son. I am only helping you to save his life. I believe in our cause, and if you can't save my son, I am happy to see the reactors melt down."

Jack's follow-up to Erin Driscoll, "Did you get that?" only added to the artistry.

"You might not think I can force this towel down your throat, but I can." What was great about it was that we have no idea if he was telling the truth, it was just awesomely creepy and was one of the few occasions where Jack didn't resort to physical coercion (on the other hand - the guy died before telling Jack anything, so it was kind of a wash).

I'd have to pop the DVDs in to get the exact quote, but there's a scene in Season 5 when Miles is trying to figure out what Chloe has been up to and finds her exiting a bathroom, proceeding roughly in the line of:

"What were you doing in there?"

"Are you kidding? I'll send you a report."

• Love 3

WhoAmIWorkingFor "What were you doing in there?"

"Are you kidding? I'll send you a report."

Of course, in a show where nobody ever needs to use the bathroom, she was using it to send a message to Jack!

"Set up a perimeter!"

After all those seasons of 24, I now laugh out loud when I hear that line.

I believe the phrase is almost always modified with "SECURE". Which means a bus, subway, train, car or some distracted red shirt guard is just a moment away from helping you escape.

• Love 1
The line I always listen for is "It's complicated."

I believe he didn't say it this season until the 4th hour and then he said it about his relationship with Audrey.   Kind of disappointing.

However, thanks to Facebook, "It's complicated" is today most associated with relationships.

Jack is a badass rogue ctu agent who tortures, kills, goes on the lam, but apparently his word is golden. He seems to bargain with people on every season with"I give you my word"

(edited)

After rolling the hand-on-table line around a few more times in my head, it occurs to me that it's a good line because it's funny in a sort of school-playground kind of way and almost is a satire on the way the show did things in the past.  It doesn't hold up so well for badass compared to "I'm gonna need a hacksaw," probably because we've seen a lot of beatings, shockings, and hand abuse since then.

Edited by WhoAmIWorkingFor

My nominations for Chloe's most repeated quotes -

"I'm doing the best I can!"

or

"I need more time!"

Now that she is in the United Kingdom. It is obvious that she is Scotty's great great great great great grandma on his dad's side.

• Love 3