Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E06: James B.'s Story LIVE CHAT

• Start Topic

I don’t understand why the mother is there. She should just go home. He can take care of himself.  

She is quite the martyr. I think she needs to find herself an Al-Anon meeting.  

Edited by Kid
  • Love 13

LB needs to have a Maw 1 bypass. 

Just now, 88Keys said:

Mom sounds like she's drank way more than a "watered-down beer."

And has been drinking way more for a loooooooong time.

I know they have to be very self-involved in order to make the post-surgery changes, but he’s bordering on narcissistic. It’s always “how do you think this makes ME feel?” Maybe take your mother’s feelings into account, or at least acknowledge that she has them?

• Love 3
Just now, novhappy said:

Moms right. He's being an asshole to her

And here is another human the size of a parade float that decides after years of doing whatever the hell they want when they wanted and people catering to their every need including wiping your ass - but now that you FINALLY decided to get some help you think everyone needs to fall in line. 

• Love 8

Why the heck does a grown ass mobile man need his mommy? He’s recovered from the surgery. No need for a caretaker. He gets around fine. The mother is so full of resentment she is like a loaded gun. She should leave this explosive situation.

• Love 16

I think TLC seized on the dynamic between the two of them and insisted that she go along. I think LB is capable of taking care of himself but incapable of providing two hours of entertainment on this own.

Coming out of lurkdom to comment on this---hoooooeeey!!  Does this guy need some therapy or what??? I'm watching on delay, so I'm behind most of you. But jeez-- just his intro and explaining how he feel like he's letting his parents down due to being adopted and not living up to what they expected from him!!!! Sad over the death of his aunt, so he turns to food compulsively??? He needs help with his emotions!!!

I think the family could pay for the therapy sessions with the amount of money they would save in grocery bills!! :0

• Love 7
2 minutes ago, CircusPeanuts said:

Coming out of lurkdom to comment on this---hoooooeeey!!  Does this guy need some therapy or what??? I'm watching on delay, so I'm behind most of you. But jeez-- just his intro and explaining how he feel like he's letting his parents down due to being adopted and not living up to what they expected from him!!!! Sad over the death of his aunt, so he turns to food compulsively??? He needs help with his emotions!!!

I think the family could pay for the therapy sessions with the amount of money they would save in grocery bills!! :0

Wait for it...........

• Love 1

Baby Jesus is this a boring episode! I want Steven Assanti to burst through a wall bearing pitchers of Kool Aid or something. 

He sat his mom down and said he was about back to normal and she said she was thrilled for him to get his independence and take care of his own problems.  Then they decided it was time for her to go back to South Carolina.  Then you woke up.

Edited by WillowG
  • Love 4
2 minutes ago, Miracle Maxie said:

I literally fell asleep right when he went to Dr. Lola and only woke up as his mother was leaving. Did I miss anything?

I assure you, you did not.