Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E06: James B.'s Story LIVE CHAT

• Start Topic

James "LB" Bonner spent his early life trying to prove himself to his adoptive family, but after losing a leg and battling obesity, LB must take a new path to save his health and his family relationships.

This is the LIVE CHAT thread.  It will be open during the US East Coast showing and again during the US West Coast showing. 

And yes, he's missing a leg.  We can only assume that prior to that happening, he often said "Oh, mah layg!" 

• Love 7

A reminder from the master Mod note for this forum: 

**MOD NOTE PLEASE READ**

Let's avoid discussing how money is being snatched from the public's wallet for the participants unless it’s specifically revealed on the show. Anything else is pure speculation not to mention also a slippery slope toward talking politics.  

There is so much snark available without going down this path.  Let's hop down the right track.  

• Love 3
Just now, Donut Bear said:

He is downright svelte compared to the usual suspects on this show

Right?! 

Oh, wait. He's 30? He looks like he's 55. Jesus.

Oddly enough he doesn't actually look 600 lbs to me. Most of the other 600 pounders look far larger. So far I have more respect for him than the others seeing as how he has to use a prosthetic yet is still walking.

• Love 11

"I've already got the car cranked up."  There are parts of this country that just amaze me...

[snack cakes, etc.] are the only things he's got left because that's what got him to where he is. He'd have something else in life if he ate something else. 

Edited by aliya
  • Love 5
2 minutes ago, QuinnInND said:

How so? 

I think people stopped cranking cars in the 1930's. It's interesting that regions have retained references or manners of speech that aren't even relevant today. It's not a knock, it's an observation.

• Love 11
Just now, aliya said:

I think people stopped cranking cars in the 1930's. It's interesting that regions have retained references or manners of speech that aren't even relevant today. It's not a knock, it's an observation.

Ah Ok. We say it too. Transplanted Texan. Lol  

• Love 2
1 minute ago, poeticlicensed said:

Coming in late did they say how he lost his leg?

No, but I'm sure it'll be covered now in the "sad backstory" segment.

It's too early to tell what his 'problem' is but that fight in the car is typically "I don't want help" mentality.  Doesn't matter what issue you have.  His reaction was very typically to many people who don't want to deal with their problems and just would rather not think about them/not accept they have a problem.

• Love 4