Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E07: In-Laws And Friends

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, humbleopinion said:

Molly and Jon  could come to an agreement to not fake attraction so they can be on the same page and just go through the motions to fulfill their TV contract.

We, the audience know that the show is heavily edited to manipulate and create sympathy in one cast member and make a villain out of another.

Molly is getting the bad edit now, but it could change.

Don't think that either wants to hurt each other.

No one wants Molly to be coerced into anything and what we have seen of Jon he wouldn't coerce her either....the producers, however,  may not be beneath the tactic if it makes good TV.

I agree and many posts here on this thread are said in jest and not to be offensive.

• Love 2

Always in jest...striving for clever, thought provoking and a tickle to your funny bone.

That said...the best spread of food of all the gatherings was at the Schwartzberg-Buckley home...

Muffins, coffee cake, bagels and cream cheese, two types of quiche, veggie platter, fruit platter, ham, lox...

I was tempted to raid my fridge...but I knew there wasn't anything as good in there as I was seeing on TV.

My gawd, they had food for an battalion not 7 people....

• Love 3
On 2/21/2018 at 11:43 PM, Deni said:

Did anyone see the prayer rug in Jephte and Shawniece’s house? My theory is that Jephte is a devout Muslim and wanted to be respectful of Shawniece until she was no longer a “stranger.” He did say that he didn’t want to sleep with her too quickly.

Jephte’s family is from Haiti. Muslims make up about 0.04% of the population.  Catholics are 80 - 85% of the population although Protestants have made gains since the earthquake due to charity work there.    When you drive around in Haiti you see a lot of Christian iconography.  

• Love 5
3 hours ago, Stinamaia said:

Jephte’s family is from Haiti. Muslims make up about 0.04% of the population.  Catholics are 80 - 85% of the population although Protestants have made gains since the earthquake due to charity work there.    When you drive around in Haiti you see a lot of Christian iconography.  

That’s true, but there are also converts and outliers. I’m just trying to say that if he is religious, it’s would explain why he was pushing Shauniece away, and not liking her sexual behavior. I would have said the same thing if he had had a Jesus statue on the nightstand or something.

Edited by Deni
  • Love 2
On 2/21/2018 at 12:24 AM, onatrek said:

I think that Jep thing was interesting...anyone else pause on his card to her? There was a chunk (bolded) that was obviously edited out...plus another bit at the end.

I was weirded out that it was addressed to "Baby Mom." That's not what she is. 

On 2/21/2018 at 5:14 AM, qtpye said:

Shawniece has beautiful skin.  She was really glowing when the ladies had their lunch.

Some people believe that sex clears your skin and causes you to "glow." 

(Cough, cough)...this might also explain Molly's acne.

On 2/21/2018 at 7:22 AM, Empress1 said:

Ryan is such a dork. "How's the spice goin'?" Who says that?

And, "let's play WIFEY, our version of HORSE."

On 2/21/2018 at 11:20 AM, bichonblitz said:

It was my understanding that they don't give up their places at all. TLC pays for the "married" place, a furnished short term rental, and after the show is over, they go back to their own places unless they stay together in which case they go to one or the other's place. Nobody is going to give up their home for just 6 weeks.

Jon will give it up if he has no money to pay the rent.

What I don't like about Jon is that he makes excuses for his shortcomings. When he said he was giving up his place, he said because he's "going all in (on the marriage.)"  No, Jon, I think it's because of lack of income. 

I feel the same way about his excuse on why he didn't have a job, "my job got rid of me because I was doing the show. I chose marriage." Funny how no one else's job reacted this way. And to be honest, I wouldn't do the show if I was unemployed. I'd be worried on how I was going to pull my weight financially in the marriage.

On 2/22/2018 at 12:13 PM, Gem 10 said:

Jon said "rewind" in the preview?   Well, there you go .. Scripted and fake.

My captions read:  You <bleeped> a Pike....

On 2/23/2018 at 5:21 PM, humbleopinion said:

That said...the best spread of food of all the gatherings was at the Schwartzberg-Buckley home...

Muffins, coffee cake, bagels and cream cheese, two types of quiche, veggie platter, fruit platter, ham, lox...

Ha! I didn't like it. Don't like continental breakfast.

• Love 1
On ‎2‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 11:42 AM, JocelynCavanaugh said:

I don’t think there’s anything wrong with Molly if she isn’t attracted to Jon. Attraction isn’t universal. She is not obligated to sleep with anyone under any circumstances, and the idea of surreptitiously getting her drunk to loosen her up really creeps me out. I wouldn’t necessarily call it rape but I’ll gladly label it sketchy AF and a terrible relationship strategy. It’s starting to feel like a pile-on to the pretty, skinny girl who needs to be taken down a notch. Anything short of Sloppy Shawniece the Lap Dance Queen is categorized as “cold.”

Molly is as imperfect as any other mortal, and I understand that going on a reality show means you will be picked apart, but I just do not understand the level of ire she seems to be inspiring. This show is infamous for its deceptive editing — the Jephte (not “Jep The”) 180 is a perfect example — and I wouldn’t be a bit surprised to learn that there’s something else going on with her and/or Jon. 

I don't really think that's fair.  No one is accusing Jackie of being "cold" and she's not out there giving lap dances.  People are criticizing Molly for being cold and unyielding because that's what she's doing.  Everything she's asked of Jon, he's given her.   Yet not only is she not lowering her walls, she's actually building them higher as the days go on.  She's said in her interviews that she's attracted to him so the issue is with her.  She's said she doesn't like human touch.  She won't give her husband, who she's been connected at the hip to for three weeks now, anything but a chaste peck.  The girl has some major intimacy issues that she's really not being honest about.  I don't know if something traumatic happened to her (I'm getting a strong past sexual assault vibe from her) or what but she owes it to Jon, who has fully committed himself to this "experiment" and is bending over backwards to appease her, to let him know what's really going on and to seek some help.  She sure as hell should never have gone on this show if it takes her a significant period of time to warm up to the opposite sex (which her friend said was true.)  Incidentally, I feel the same way about Jackie.  The "love of her life" died a mere 18 months ago.  She's really got no business on a show like this, it's simply not fair to Ryan (and I'm not a Ryan fan.)  

Sometimes people give criticism because the situation warrants it, not because they're merely jealous of the "pretty girl."

• Love 9

People were rather hard on Jephte because he was behaving like an ass.  They didn't spend countless posts talking about his looks or blaming his looks for his actions.  Not so with Molly.  Her hair, her nails, her posture, her skin and her weight come up more often than her being so standoffish with the new and improved Jon.  

She seems to think she looks good and he thinks so as well so I doubt that's what's the cause of her reservations with him.  Don't know what it is but doubt that she's afraid to break a nail.  

• Love 2
15 minutes ago, Kareem said:

People were rather hard on Jephte because he was behaving like an ass.  They didn't spend countless posts talking about his looks or blaming his looks for his actions.  Not so with Molly.  Her hair, her nails, her posture, her skin and her weight come up more often than her being so standoffish with the new and improved Jon.  

She seems to think she looks good and he thinks so as well so I doubt that's what's the cause of her reservations with him.  Don't know what it is but doubt that she's afraid to break a nail.  

I think that her looks play into this because of what she said about having to have her hair and nails done. She is probably someone who needs this veil of perfect beauty to cover up her insecurities. It’s like she can’t let her guard down beauty-wise nor relationship/intimacy-wise.

• Love 2
19 minutes ago, Deni said:

I think that her looks play into this because of what she said about having to have her hair and nails done. She is probably someone who needs this veil of perfect beauty to cover up her insecurities. It’s like she can’t let her guard down beauty-wise nor relationship/intimacy-wise.

I just CANNOT picture Molly after sex with hair all messed, mascara dripping and lipstick all smudged.  She'd probably freak out.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, lezlers said:

I don't know if something traumatic happened to her (I'm getting a strong past sexual assault vibe from her) or what but she owes it to Jon, who has fully committed himself to this "experiment" and is bending over backwards to appease her, to let him know what's really going on and to seek some help. 

As a child welfare worker, I am also getting a strong sexual assault vibe from Molly...hope it's not true. 

• Love 1

I think Molly's just not into Jon!  Sad but true.  I can surely understand not jumping into anything the first few nights but their married!  Marriage is partly sex.  Not all but a part of and to leave a guy like Jon feeling so rejected is sad!

Btw is Jon working yet?

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Blissfool said:

I feel the same way about his excuse on why he didn't have a job, "my job got rid of me because I was doing the show. I chose marriage." Funny how no one else's job reacted this way. And to be honest, I wouldn't do the show if I was unemployed. I'd be worried on how I was going to pull my weight financially in the marriage.

I thought Jon said he quit his job because he wanted to do the show.

Last season, or the season before, there was a man the producers and experts really liked, I remember him because he was like 6'4" or something like that.  He wound up not doing the show because of his job, he was in sales and had to do a lot of traveling, and couldn't be available for filming.  

• Love 1

Jon works in the financial sector which is more conservative than most, so I can understand why they would not approve of him being on the show. Sonia, the social worker from season 4, said that she was written up at her job for being on the show, so Jon's definitely not the only person to have suffered consequences from MAFS.

• Love 4

I will say anyone who chooses this show over keeping their employment secure makes questionable choices.

I think Jon & Molly like the view from both sides, but that may be as far as it goes for them.

Show will pay the rent for Jon for a few weeks while he job searches, but the clock is ticking- & with the way things are going for them he better find work soon.

Edited by gonecrackers
  • Love 2

I don't think Jon's job situation has much to do with the show.  According to his linkedin, he bounces all over the place and hasn't found a new job in finance yet.

Surprisingly, he has 2 master’s degrees. 

Molly just seems...slow, low energy.  No way she'd be able to keep up with Jon in the long term. 

• Love 5
14 hours ago, humbleopinion said:

The envelope said "Baby Moms"

Must be a Jephte term of endearment.

The Moms part is kinda of Oedipal...but whatever...

I think he meant it as HIS (future) baby mama.  Nothing Oedipal about that.  LOL.

12 hours ago, Kareem said:

I agree.  She does give off an ice princess vibe, but that could just be due to how cold she is with Jon, she seems warm and approachable with the other women.  I really think she's got some serious hang ups about sex and intimacy which, again, is why this was definitely the wrong show for her.   I don't think that has anything really to do with her looks, it has to do with past trauma (I'd be really curious to know if her twin shares these same hang ups or if it's just Molly.)

• Love 2
10 hours ago, Jack Sampson said:

I don't think Jon's job situation has much to do with the show.  According to his linkedin, he bounces all over the place and hasn't found a new job in finance yet.

Surprisingly, he has 2 master’s degrees. 

Molly just seems...slow, low energy.  No way she'd be able to keep up with Jon in the long term. 

Iiiiiiiiinteresting.   Molly could've easily figured this out during one of her "catching up on social media" evenings which could have something to do with her sudden pumping of the breaks with Jon.  These two really need better communication.

On February 21, 2018 at 2:51 PM, Booger666 said:

I just dont get Molly at all.  On a prev ep she said that she is the wild, crazy, fun, adventurous one of her group.  On this show she has been such a sad downer.  She says she is attracted to Jon, but after two weeks of daily contact won’t cuddle and kiss.  Something is really, really off about her.

Looks like Molly did a turn around the day after the wedding.  She was curled up into herself in the taxi on the way to the airport.  She was looking out the window away from Jon.  Then she was totally pissed when she got splashed on the dune buggy or whatever it was, in the jungle.  After that, she went steadily downhill and made the comment that he was like a twelve year old boy.  She just doesn't have it for him.  I don't think it's the job.  He has two master's degrees and went through a tour in Iraq.  That ain't all bad.  Let her find better .. Lots of luck.  Or maybe in the end we will get a surprise.  

• Love 3

Wouldn't you think during the vetting of this cast of characters they would have seen that Molly does NOT like sex!  Geeez.

Where are the experts when you really need them.

Makes me wonder just how vetted these guys and gals really are.

Couple weeks left.  Which couple stays and who goes?  I'm thinking Molly will exit left and Jon will say "don't let the door hit you in the ass on your way out. 

Jepthe and Shawniece (where do they come up with these hard to remember names)... will be staying and Ryan and Jackie are in it for sure.

• Love 1
58 minutes ago, Jeanne222 said:

Wouldn't you think during the vetting of this cast of characters they would have seen that Molly does NOT like sex!  Geeez.

Where are the experts when you really need them.

Makes me wonder just how vetted these guys and gals really are.

Couple weeks left.  Which couple stays and who goes?  I'm thinking Molly will exit left and Jon will say "don't let the door hit you in the ass on your way out. 

Jepthe and Shawniece (where do they come up with these hard to remember names)... will be staying and Ryan and Jackie are in it for sure.

From what we have seen so far, the experts don't say anything we don't know already.  They just jibber jabber stuff we already know.  They are USELESS.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Jeanne222 said:

People lie like hell to get on TV.  Molly claims she had a 3some, she probably yammered on about how much she loves sex.  It doesn't even help to interview friends and family - I'm sure she'd coach them on what to say.  The vetting process assumes some degree of honesty...and that's its flaw.

Maybe find bitter exes to interview. 

• Love 3
On 2/24/2018 at 8:32 AM, bichonblitz said:

Ughh. That fine china looks like Popeye's Olive Oil to me. 

Yeah, I don't find her attractive. Fortunately for her, the world is not populated only by men of my tastes. :D

• Love 3
On 2/24/2018 at 3:59 PM, Deni said:

That’s true, but there are also converts and outliers. I’m just trying to say that if he is religious, it’s would explain why he was pushing Shauniece away, and not liking her sexual behavior. I would have said the same thing if he had had a Jesus statue on the nightstand or something.

Haitians tend to be religious.  I’m just trying to say it’s unlikely unlikely that his relatively more conservative conduct is because he is Muslim. 

On 23/02/2018 at 2:51 AM, Gobears said:

Molly's an attractive woman and she sees that Jon's an attractive man and she doesn't want to slip lower in his estimation of her looks. At this point in their relationship, she might not have developed enough trust in Jon to confide in him about her physical appearance. 

I do believe this is entirely possible.  Way to think out of the box GOBEARS