Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E14: A Man to Share the Night With / S04.E15: We Need to Talk About Evan

When Michelle Kwan comes in second place at the Olympics, Jessica tries to keep it from Emery and Evan, only to get caught up in an elaborate conspiracy theory that leads to them seeking answers from Nancy Kerrigan. Meanwhile, Louis changes Eddie’s bedtime to spend more quality time together watching Letterman, but feels slighted when Eddie spends his newfound free time elsewhere.

Edited by ElectricBoogaloo
  • Love 1

I haven't seen the second one yet, but I really liked the story line about Eddie maturing. I thought it was very realistic that Louis had intended for the extra hour to be spent chilling in front of the tv together, while Eddie saw it as an hour of freedom.  

I thought Eddie's "screw you" to be out of character, so I was totally relieved it was simply super quick thinking on Eddie's part.

• Love 9

Nice little payoff with the Louis and Eddie plot, as the show touched on Dave's family problems even back in season 1.

When Emery did that anagram of Tara Lipinski (I think that was the original word) on the fridge, he left out a few letters. Tipped their hands that Emery/Evan were faking the story. 

I'm slowly catching on to Matthew. He and Louis got a wacky buddy thing going on. 

Mr Tim is the man. Hilarious how he rebutted every one of Jessica's challenges. "How else would a barber get a haircut?"

• Love 5

Eddie made a comment about how he'd never steal, and I was reminded of when he did steal from the principal's desk a few episodes ago.  He really can't withstand peer pressure, can he?  Louis needs to have some long talks with him about not being such a follower or Eddie will wind up being arrested sooner or later.

• Love 2
18 minutes ago, ItCouldBeWorse said:

Eddie made a comment about how he'd never steal, and I was reminded of when he did steal from the principal's desk a few episodes ago.  He really can't withstand peer pressure, can he?  Louis needs to have some long talks with him about not being such a follower or Eddie will wind up being arrested sooner or later.

I think that's probably more a matter of perspective: To Eddie, wasn't he just liberating stuff Dave had confiscated when the power went to his head? It was the others who stole from the principal's desk.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, ItCouldBeWorse said:

Actually, in real life, Eddie Huang was arrested on assault charges twice during his youth. But I wondered how are they going to paint Eddie, knowing the real life one has no control of the narrative as of now. 

• Love 4

I really liked how the Eddie/Louis plot ended up going, and how it tied into Dave clearly going through some stuff. His family problems have been a bit of a running joke throughout the show, so it was nice to tie that into the story and actually have something positive come out of it. 

• Love 5
On 1/31/2018 at 10:26 AM, jmonique said:

I think that's probably more a matter of perspective: To Eddie, wasn't he just liberating stuff Dave had confiscated when the power went to his head? It was the others who stole from the principal's desk.

To the first, yes, but Louis didn't know that at first and said something like "You didn't steal the donuts, did you?" and Eddie said "No way!" even though he did accept money from the hackey-sackers, who were the ones who stole the money from the principal's desk.  Once he accepted his share instead of declining, though, Eddie was also guilty of theft, so although he wouldn't initiate a theft, he finds it hard to say no.

Edited by ItCouldBeWorse

I really like how Jessica reacted in the 2nd episode regarding Evan and the counselor - it must have been hard for her to accept that professional counseling was going to be better for him. (It being free didn't hurt!) They have made her much more likable recently.

• Love 3

Oh, and I meant to mention - Nancy Kerrigan looks great! It was nice to see her doing something fun like this, especially considering how the publicity about the Tonya Harding movie is probably making her nuts.

• Love 14

Evan has become such a terror!!! Louis was shocked when Eddie talked back to him (thankfully for a good reason), but he and Jessica never question Evan's awful behavior?  Hopefully, seeing the school counselor will tone down his brattiness. 

• Love 1

I too liked the first episode with Eddie, Dave and Louis.  The subplot with figure skating was amusing as well.  The second one was hit and miss.  It was interesting to see how Evan didn't fit in with the older kids.  Did people say "Team Dawson" and "Team Pacey" back then?  I didn't really find the restaurant story that interesting.  

5 hours ago, Camera One said:

I didn't really find the restaurant story that interesting.  

Me neither, I don't really care for the restaurant story lines in general. Since they added that new guy (I don't like him or his wife,) they've gotten worse. 

• Love 1

I really enjoyed the first episode. I felt bad for Dave because that's a kid who clearly needs some adult supervision.  I'm glad Louis figured out what was happening and stepped in to provide some support and boundaries.  Also, Marvin may be crazy (how old is he?) but he does come through with good advice for Louis.

• Love 5
21 hours ago, biakbiak said:

The 1998 Figure Skating competition aired in primetime not during the day so I found the entire storyline lame.

Was there some Olympics channel that aired it live back then? If so, that's probably what Jessica taped. And then later, the boys couldn't watch on network tv because the tv "broke."

I remember learning the results from the internet during work and was upset the rest of the work day and almost didn't watch that night.

10 minutes ago, Snow Apple said:

Was there some Olympics channel that aired it live back then? If so, that's probably what Jessica taped. And then later, the boys couldn't watch on network tv because the tv "broke."

I remember learning the results from the internet during work and was upset the rest of the work day and almost didn't watch that night.

Nope. Only one channel back then,  it was the last Olympcs that CBS had the rights to and figure skating, both men and women, were delayed by 20 hours so they could air in primetime.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 1
On 1/31/2018 at 1:11 PM, tennisgurl said:

I really liked how the Eddie/Louis plot ended up going, and how it tied into Dave clearly going through some stuff. His family problems have been a bit of a running joke throughout the show, so it was nice to tie that into the story and actually have something positive come out of it. 

i hope that louis can help dave , he needs guidance.

On 1/31/2018 at 9:34 PM, MaryMitch said:

Oh, and I meant to mention - Nancy Kerrigan looks great! It was nice to see her doing something fun like this, especially considering how the publicity about the Tonya Harding movie is probably making her nuts.

hate nancy kerrigan. was disappointed to see her in this ..she is no saint. she has said some nasty things. they made her out to be the princess and tonya trailer trash. her brother murdered their  father. there's all kinds of shitty families.

4 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

Orlando in the 90s isnt the same as SF and NYC area.

The peppercorns were apparently being sold in New Hampshire and Wisconsin, too. Louis also could have had someone from DC mail him some. They could have this banned ingredient be a plot point! I might find that more interesting than the usual restaurant story lines.

• Love 1