Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E01: New Strings

After a public meltdown, Juliette seeks to change her life from an unlikely source. Scarlett and Maddie take a trip. Maddie meets Jonah Ford, a famous pop star. Scarlett struggles to find herself. Will coaches Gunnar. Deacon deals with loneliness.

Promo:

"Where We Left Off" featurette:

This episode was quite topical with the Christmas/NyE thing, so points on scheduling that well CMT. Sometimes cable shows don’t do this quite as well.

Anyways.. why does Gunner now have Adam Levine blond hair?  Why? 

So Juliette is pulling a Kayne West on stage? Um.. hasn’t she done this whole thing before? I swear she has. Why are we constantly traveling back though time in this show?  Especially with the Juliette character. 

Poor Will is the divorced child of Scarlett and Gunner. I guess this is his storyline plus making eyes at Zach(ew why?!?!). 

Yeah I’m already hating Juliette’s story this season. A cult. Great. What a great story to end her character on. Seriously it’s a cult. No thanks. My first experience with cults was BMW and that told me all I needed to know about that. I don’t want to watch this. Why are they doing  this to me?!?! Should I quit now and only return for the series finale? 

I liked Gunner and Wills song.

Also I don’t have much to say anymore. This show has drained almost all my feelings. And like I remember hating Maddie and the emancipation storyline two seasons ago but at least it was so ridiculous I could not stop laughing and I alway had something to say about it. I just don’t have much to say anymore.

For Juliette, it's always something to ease her pain, this cult is just another version of sex, drugs, religion, overworking...She has been shown as someone who trusts the wrong person too easily, that dude from end of S1, the sober companion while ignoring Deacon at that time.  Now, She'll ignore Avery.  I love this couple, but I'm so tired of Juliette's drama with Avery standing silently to the side.  I hope part of this story is to explore their messed up dynamic and not just more J Drama that hurts my head.  I mean, I've been binging the show last couple weeks and that dynamic is repeated over and over of everything being her problems with A giving up on something, the Exes, producing some album, whatever.  It's exhausting.  

I could always do with less Maddie.  

I though it was sweet how Will helped Gunner.  Such a sensitive soul that one.  

Really bad editing with Avery and J going to NC and coming back, what, a day later?  The timeline for the ep was just after Christmas ending on New Years. Obviously, they were only in NC so J could meet the guru/cult leader freakazoid.  

Edited by sunflower
  • Love 2

Why does Gunner look like a cartoon character that got scared so bad their hair turned white. Was it Sam's choice or does this show hate the hell out of him.

I muted the Juliette meltdown because I just can't stand to watch super awkward crap. It makes me cringe. I feel like this show treats Juliette like an Etch-a-Sketch where every season they shake away everything from the pervious season and start back again with season 1 Juliette expect she is always slightly worse. Probably because a grown as woman with a child shouldn't be so self involved.

Better pick it up Nashville I've come to the point where I'm ok with not watching a show anymore. I no longer feel like I might miss something important because it's just a TV show.

Edited by notcreative enough
  • Love 2

So, I read a recap on the premiere. Yep, I'm good with continuing to not watch, even in this last season.

First off, my main issue with Juliette's cult storyline is that she had been progressing and then they make her take a few dozen steps back. Sure, they show her growth from time to time and she does try to do some things differently, but Juliette doesn't need to always have this pointless drama. It's ok to have her last season be something else. It doesn't have to be family related, but it should be anything but Juliette ignoring her family for drama in her life once again. I was thrilled when Juliette made progress last season, until she started getting back into music, when she basically just did the same shit she did in previous seasons. It's not that she has to become a completely different person, but enough is enough with her setbacks. 

Maddie is interested in flakey Justin Beiber-esque character? Nah, pass. He's going to continue to break her heart and she's either going to end up stealing a gig from him, or she'll become more famous than him. No thanks. I don't like singer Maddie anyway. She bores me to tears. 

Gunnar, get it through your head. SHE'S JUST NOT THAT INTO YOU. Geez, she hasn't actually liked you enough for it to be real love since maybe early season 2, when you broke up with her. Man, he's literally crying over someone who doesn't give a damn about him. 

Maybe it would be better if they just let Sam and Claire use their natural accents for the last season, continuity be damned. Maybe I'd actually tune in to watch their scenes. 

Um....poor Deacon, I guess? From what I read, his storyline doesn't sound so bad.

Is is wrong to wish Gunnar would be revealed as gay/bi so he and Will could get together?  I've always loved their connection/scenes.  

I need Avery to be allowed to do something.  It's only the first episode, so I can be a little patient, but something better happen for him by end of next episode.  Please.  I find it so depressing that he's the best singer/musician on this show IMO, he's had his own band for years, with awesome songs and most of the time JJ is just wasted.  Also, he's one of the best actors on this show.  I almost miss the first season when he, at least, had his own story albeit I didn't love it.  Even S4, as painful as it was the PPD story, with Juliette being off screen for a bit, he seemed to get more to do.  

Weirdly, I wish the show hadn't been cancelled so there'd be the hope for Avery to have more time for more story.  

• Love 8
1 minute ago, sunflower said:

Is is wrong to wish Gunnar would be revealed as gay/bi so he and Will could get together?  I've always loved their connection/scenes. 

No.  Not wrong at all.  I think that's the only satisfying conclusion that could happen for both of them considering their other love interest options.  I wonder if the show regrets not leaving the door open a little bit back when Will was introduced. 

3 minutes ago, sunflower said:

Weirdly, I wish the show hadn't been cancelled so there'd be the hope for Avery to have more time for more story.  

It'd just be the show writing Juliette going off the rails over and over again.

• Love 1
Just now, Irlandesa said:

think that's the only satisfying conclusion that could happen for both of them considering their other love interest options.  I wonder if the show regrets not leaving the door open a little bit back when Will was introduced. 

I think maybe the door is slightly ajar for this (in my dreams) since Gunnar has always seemed to have this confused vibe about him.  That episode when he went home last season revealed he always had a girlfriend, some plain sort of girl per his old classmate?  I just re-watched this episode, but it seems maybe not that was a cover, but I don't know.  Please tell me someone knows what I mean.  

Also, I hate cult storylines.  But, the showrunners must know fans would not love this story direction for Juliette, so there has to be more or something to make it interesting.  To finish the circle of J/A's dynamic.  I'm babbling at this point.  Fortune Cookie Wisdom isn't my bag, nor creepy dudes dissing sarcasm.

It’s not Nashville if Juliette isn’t having some sort of meltdown throughout a season. It’s tiring. Can she get a break? Her and Avery please? I know that whole “happy couples are boring” is a thing some people believe but I don’t think it would have been crazy to see them enjoying being a family for one or maybe two episodes.  

• Love 2
37 minutes ago, Bwill3133 said:

It’s not Nashville if Juliette isn’t having some sort of meltdown throughout a season. It’s tiring. Can she get a break? Her and Avery please? I know that whole “happy couples are boring” is a thing some people believe but I don’t think it would have been crazy to see them enjoying being a family for one or maybe two episodes.  

Considering it’s the final season I don’t know why Juliette and Avery can’t just be happy. I don’t get why she has to question her career (Again!!) 

• Love 6

Seriously, I don't know why Avery stays.  I used to ship them so hard but I'm pretty much "Free Avery" at this point.   

Did they get a particularly good deal on bleach this season?  So much disturbingly blonde hair.  So much.   

I like Will.  I like Avery.  I like Deacon but since this is all so clearly leading to him dating which probably leads back to him dating that woman from last season... eh...  More Will, More Avery, more Deacon on stage.   I'll take a pass on everybody else.    I don't so much mind Daphne when she's in scenes with Deacon.   

• Love 3

Yeah, I'm on the Free Avery team too. What was  with the perfunctory chaste little cheek New Years Kiss between he and Juliette? is that just about her depression, or is she just not into him anymore, or vice versa? I'm tired of him just being everyone's caregiver too....he needs a story, he needs to SING, dammit. He's so so pretty and talented...this show has kind of wasted him.

It's in keeping with Juliette's personality that she continually is seeking something to fix her, save her, help her, but I'm tired of watching it.

I'm all for Gunnar/Will too.

• Love 5
28 minutes ago, luna1122 said:

What was  with the perfunctory chaste little cheek New Years Kiss between he and Juliette? is that just about her depression, or is she just not into him anymore, or vice versa? I'm tired of him just being everyone's caregiver too...

Yeah I noticed that kiss right away and it wasn't because Cadence was in the way.  J offered A her cheek.  It was weird, but I think is supposed to demonstrate the distance between them (and her depression), a distance I expect will get bigger before it gets better.  This season is broken up into 2 8 ep blocks, so I expect them to be on bad terms this part and hopefully better terms in the last 8.  Unless the show plans on breaking them up for good, which just seems too dark and  complete waste of the time spent on this couple.  

Edited by sunflower
  • Love 1

Overall, I enjoyed this episode.  It was confusing for me when they would show the women individually (except for Daphne) as they all kind of look the same to me now with the blonde hair.  Hayden's face looks a bit different to me, so I had to concentrate whenever one of them was on screen.  Scarlett seemed older-especially as she was paired with Maddie; it wasn't too many seasons back when Scarlett was the main ingenue.  

I enjoyed hearing more songs even though we didn't hear the entirety of the songs.  Really loved Will and Gunner singing together.  Hope this pairing stays and Gunner doesn't go back to Scarlett.  Will seemed to be featured more in this episode than during other episodes/seasons; makes me happy because I like his character and his singing.  Also loved that Deacon was reading about Teddy Roosevelt.  It was a nice touch and added a human dimension in that he was participating in a normalized activity removed from drama.

Nice scene towards the end that Deacon and his family were together for New Year's Eve together after all.

Juliette and the cult?  Only if she realizes that she just needs to live her life with Avery and Cadence.

I usually love Juliette, but like others I am over the drama. Why can't they have this season be her being back and top and being happy? There are plenty of other characters to be depressed and full of drama.

I actually didn't remember that the public found out about Juliette "stealing" the song. I thought it was just Maddie and Deacon that found out? Either way, I don't think anyone would care so much. Maddie is doing great. And she can just pull a Taylor Swift and write a song about how awful Juliette is.  The person Juliette really wronged last season was that church lady she convinced to record an album, got her to drop her shady boyfriend, and then totally turned on her and dropped her as a friend. I can't even remember the woman's name, but Juliette was awful to her.

I really didn't care about any of the other storylines. I was hoping Gunner and Scarlett breaking up would mean they'd get new stories, not that it would be more angst about them not being together. I feel like I've seen the Maddie meets a boy storyline before too.

• Love 2

Holy hell, what did Lennon do to her hair?????? Someone really needs to tell her that white is not a good ‘color’ for her.  And wardrobe clearly hates her too. That dress she wore on stage was hideous.

overall I give this episode a C. Juliette is joining a cult, Gunnar has stage fright because he isn’t with Scarlett. And deacon is signing up for an online dating app? Thank god this is the last season. I don’t think I could take much more.

• Love 1
42 minutes ago, KaveDweller said:

I actually didn't remember that the public found out about Juliette "stealing" the song. I thought it was just Maddie and Deacon that found out? Either way, I don't think anyone would care so much. Maddie is doing great. And she can just pull a Taylor Swift and write a song about how awful Juliette is.  The person Juliette really wronged last season was that church lady she convinced to record an album, got her to drop her shady boyfriend, and then totally turned on her and dropped her as a friend. I can't even remember the woman's name, but Juliette was awful to her.

She gave the story to that reporter after they essentially punked Zach. And then it was used in the introduction to Maddie singing at the awards show. So the public did know. 

I finally got around to watching. The first episode dashed all my hopes that there would be less Maddie/Daphne, the show is going to ride their ridiculous stories to the end.

I'm on the "why can't Juliette finally have nice things?" train with everyone else. Why can't she just have a career & family instead of all this DRAMA, I'm so over it.

Why is Zach back? WHY??? He added nothing to the show before, & when they ended the season, everyone hated him. Why is he still on the show?

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, GaT said:

I finally got around to watching. The first episode dashed all my hopes that there would be less Maddie/Daphne, the show is going to ride their ridiculous stories to the end.

I'm on the "why can't Juliette finally have nice things?" train with everyone else. Why can't she just have a career & family instead of all this DRAMA, I'm so over it.

Why is Zach back? WHY??? He added nothing to the show before, & when they ended the season, everyone hated him. Why is he still on the show?

Um don’t you remember in the season finale Deacon was all “you just wanted somewhere to belong and people to belong with..” yeah. It was stupid then and it’s stupid now.

And why did Will have to apparently apologize a whole bunch to Zack? Did anyone else catch that nonsensical comment about how he tried to get back with Zach? I mean how is will in the wrong for that? It’s so confusing. Just like how the end of Scarlett and Gunner was all Gunners fault. 

How many episodes are we getting this season? I don’t know how many I can take.

19 hours ago, piratewench said:

She gave the story to that reporter after they essentially punked Zach. And then it was used in the introduction to Maddie singing at the awards show. So the public did know. 

Ah, thanks. I'd forgotten the details of the finale.

12 hours ago, WhosThatGirl said:

Um don’t you remember in the season finale Deacon was all “you just wanted somewhere to belong and people to belong with..” yeah. It was stupid then and it’s stupid now.

And why did Will have to apparently apologize a whole bunch to Zack? Did anyone else catch that nonsensical comment about how he tried to get back with Zach? I mean how is will in the wrong for that? It’s so confusing. Just like how the end of Scarlett and Gunner was all Gunners fault. 

How many episodes are we getting this season? I don’t know how many I can take.

Will acting like he wronged Zach was absurd. Even if he decided he wanted Zach back, he had nothing to apologize for. I guess they want everyone miserable this season. 

• Love 1

How much dialogue did Avery have in this episode?  It seemed like he spent almost the entire episode standing on the side holding up the wall in any room he was in.  This cycle with the Juliet drama and him on the side is exhausting.  I love the actors/characters-they're great, but WTF?  I think part of the problem is the new showrunners just got a taste of these characters last season and want to play drama that we've all seen too much of already.  That's why if this story does not end happily somehow, with Avery finally getting the career/respect/love he deserves along with Juliette just being a fiery star who believes in the love she gets instead of a depressed as hell drama drama drama queen, then there was just no point to this crap.  Having said that, I really wish this show could've went 7 seasons, so there'd be more room to explore it all instead of ending with another cycle of this crap.  

• Love 3
On 1/4/2018 at 8:35 PM, sunflower said:

Honestly, its what I keep hoping for. Gunnar has a huge revelation that he is actually bisexual and has been in love with his BFF Will this whole time, and everything is great. I mean, that will never happen but they have WAY more chemistry together than with any of their respective love interests. 

I must agree with the chorus about letting Avery have something to do besides being Juliet's long suffering lover, and letting Juliette do something besides getting sucked into some other thing to distract her from her own messed up life. Cant they just be a couple in the entertainment industry for awhile? Why isn't that enough drama? But no, Juliette has to have public meltdown number 500, and go and join an actual freaking cult. Meanwhile, they tried to give Avery something to do last year with his tour, but that all got messed up due to, guess what, Juliette drama! Its just rinse and repeat with her, over and over. I know that people continue to struggle with their issues (especially depression) their whole lives, but has she never learned ANYTHING? How many times does she have to realize what she has before she loses it again? 

I did like the stuff with Deacon and the girls, and I enjoyed the music this week, but I hope this goes in a more interesting direction. I mean, I am sure it wont, but its worth hoping. 

• Love 3
On 1/5/2018 at 8:17 AM, luna1122 said:

It's in keeping with Juliette's personality that she continually is seeking something to fix her, save her, help her, but I'm tired of watching it.

This is what it comes down to-just tired of watching it.  It's not entertaining.  I assume this first 8 will end badly for Juliette and Avery, but I'm not sure I want to see a rebuild in the last 8.  I don't know, I love them as a couple, they're both really good actors, but there needs to be some joy, or entertainment with the characters. I'm trying to remember the last time the two of them shared a laugh?  S3 when Juliette was pregnant and stalking him because she was jealous?  It's all been so dark, which isn't in itself bad, but the repetitive nature of it is the problem.  What about Avery being the dark one with problems for a change and Juliette having to help him?  It's too late now though.  These characters have such potential and they're just wasted.  But, still I will watch to the end and hopefully be surprised somehow.

• Love 2

Hahaha.....so Juliette is now Kelly Taylor going through the New Evolution with a walking version of Finley. How long before she calls Avery an extern and has a miledding with some guy in his 80's?

Gunnar and Maddie's hair. No words.

I also loved in the beginning, when Maddie said something to Daphne about spending New Year's with "dad" - he's not Daphne's dad! Does the show want us to forget that? It's so weird. Obviously Daphne likes Deacon a lot, but enough with constantly referring to him as her dad!

Of course this show is freaking amazing at dropped storylines so I don't know why I'm surprised. Whatever happened to the Beverly anyway?

• Love 1
45 minutes ago, Moxie Cat said:

Ha! I know right? I'm not sure whose idea it was to dye their hair. Just no.

Deacon, Avery and Will are my favorites on the show. I don't mind Daphne especially in scenes with Deacon. Juliette has become exhausting. A cult storyline really?

I didn't recognize Jeffrey Nordling at first. He looked so sleezy.

I am curious about Scarlett and the pictures with the horses.

Edited by woodstock
Spelling is important.
  • Love 1

I like that Daphne calls Deacon Dad.  Yes, he's not her bio dad and Deacon's just her step-dad, but what in the world is wrong with her being able to call 2 men Dad?  Maddie does.  Other kids in the real world do.  And if Teddy's not going to be back on the show - and I don't know if he is or he isn't - what's the actual harm?  She's old enough to know the difference and she feels comfortable, so good for her.  And for Deacon.

I love Jeffrey Nordling and I think his character is deliciously hilarious.  He's up to no good, but hopefully, in the end, he's all talk and no meat.

I loved the bromance of Will and Gunnar and look forward to Avery joining back in on that.

I'm going to be the only one who's intrigued by Juliette's storyline, but so be it.  I think she's got deep-seated issues from her childhood that the "love of a good man" isn't necessarily going to cure.  She had a pretty extreme case of PPD and she's clearly depressed, maybe has been her whole life.  She's never felt good enough, in spite of her bravado, and it's probably not surprising that she falls back into old patterns and sabotages herself.  She's not, apparently, seeing a therapist these days, so she has no one to help her figure out how to fix herself and she's not equipped to do it for herself.  I'm holding judgement on the Darius storyline, in part because I love the guy from Drop Dead Diva, and am open to see where it goes.

• Love 3
22 hours ago, piratewench said:

I like that Daphne calls Deacon Dad.  Yes, he's not her bio dad and Deacon's just her step-dad, but what in the world is wrong with her being able to call 2 men Dad?  Maddie does.  Other kids in the real world do.  And if Teddy's not going to be back on the show - and I don't know if he is or he isn't - what's the actual harm?  She's old enough to know the difference and she feels comfortable, so good for her.  And for Deacon.

It seems like an insult to Teddy. Or bad writing where the writers want us to forget Teddy existed, and that he was supposed to be out of prison by now.

• Love 2
21 minutes ago, KaveDweller said:

It seems like an insult to Teddy. Or bad writing where the writers want us to forget Teddy existed, and that he was supposed to be out of prison by now.

Yeah, there should be an explanation for this going forward I hope.  But, I still feel the tension with Daphne in scenes with Maddie and Deacon sometimes.  I don't think they can just drop this.  

10 hours ago, KaveDweller said:

Sorry, but I disagree. On both counts.   I don’t see it as an insult to Teddy, particularly since he asked Deacon to take on the responsibility.  It is never a bad thing for a kid to have people love her and for her to show her love for her stepdad by letting him be “dad” as well.  So should Deacon be insulted that Maddie would still call Teddy Dad, now that the truth is out?  Regardless as to Teddy raising her, since everyone now knows it was built on a lie?

As far as the writers, I’m pretty sure none of us know what they’re thinking. And perhaps Eric Close isn’t available. I guess I’m surprised at all the loyal fans Teddy has that they want to take up the banner for him. 

Edited by piratewench
  • Love 3

I wish they would give Juliette a break.  I hate the cult story.  Let Maddie be the young up comer who is a brat.  I want Juliette and Avery happy.  Let at least one a couple  be happy.  I thought we were going to have more music.  

• Love 2

Jesus God. They are still trying to make "Maddie" happen with  yet another lame song that was quite possibly almost as bad as the "Tidal Wave" thing.  I just don't find her talent at a level where this is believable.  I would have much rather have seen a story line about the two sisters finding fame and that creating upheavel and conflict in their lives. 

But anyway, I really don't want this show to end. ...but if it must end, please please please consider a Will - Gunnar - Avery spin off, cuz I love those guys (even despite Gunnar's new hair -da fuck?!) and they can all sing damn good, and they have interesting personalities. Let them go on the road for a season and find adventure and themselves. I do like Deacon too, but I can't see him leaving Daphne. 

• Love 4
On 1/10/2018 at 5:29 AM, piratewench said:

Sorry, but I disagree. On both counts.   I don’t see it as an insult to Teddy, particularly since he asked Deacon to take on the responsibility.  It is never a bad thing for a kid to have people love her and for her to show her love for her stepdad by letting him be “dad” as well.  So should Deacon be insulted that Maddie would still call Teddy Dad, now that the truth is out?  Regardless as to Teddy raising her, since everyone now knows it was built on a lie?

As far as the writers, I’m pretty sure none of us know what they’re thinking. And perhaps Eric Close isn’t available. I guess I’m surprised at all the loyal fans Teddy has that they want to take up the banner for him. 

Except Maddie doesn't still call Teddy Dad. At least in the last episode where Teddy was mentioned, she referred to him by his first name. We didn't see his reaction to it, but I bet he wouldn't have been happy. If I'm remembering correctly, Teddy was upset when Maddie started calling Deacon "Dad" and even when Maddie started spending time with him. He felt like Deacon was trying to take his daughter from him. So, it seems he'd be upset at Daphne doing it too.  Of course it is good for a child to have people love her, but it is honestly weird for someone at her age to just start calling a second man dad.  Lots of people have stepparents and they don't call them mom/dad.

I was never really a huge Teddy fan, but all I know is that if I ever called my stepmother "mom," my actual mother would be really upset.  Not that I would regardless (although I'm an adult so it's a little different). But still.

I do agree the actor isn't available or the producers just don't want him on the show, but it would be nice to get some explanation on where he is. They probably can't think of a good explanation for why he wouldn't be in their lives once he got out of prison, so they sort of screwed themselves by establishing that last season.

I don’t think she called him Teddy to his face though, did she?  It was just when she referenced him to Deacon. 

I guess everyone has their own thoughts. I don’t think it’s awful for Daphne to call Deacon “Dad”. I get that Teddy wouldn’t like it but it is what it is. 

I guess I just don’t need to have every single plot point wrapped up and answered. So while it would be okay to know what happened to Teddy, I’m fine with it not being addressed. 

So not a single character comments on Gunnar's new hair-don't?  I don't think he's going to come out as gay or bi -- I think this was the first step in his transition to female.

So Cult-Dude is somewhat famous with multiple best-sellers and a huge organization (which is apparently HQed in Nashville, which makes me wonder why he had to meet Juliette in Asheville), yet none of Juliette's entourage (Glenn, Avery, Deacon, et. al.) seem to know anything about him--either good or bad? I'd imagine someone like that would be fairly high profile, especially in Nashville, and if this were an actual cult, would've been the subject of some serious investigative journalism by now. 

Edited by J-Man
  • Love 2
On 2018-01-11 at 0:13 AM, TVbitch said:

Jesus God. They are still trying to make "Maddie" happen with  yet another lame song that was quite possibly almost as bad as the "Tidal Wave" thing.  I just don't find her talent at a level where this is believable.  I would have much rather have seen a story line about the two sisters finding fame and that creating upheavel and conflict in their lives. 

There were a few points where I thought they might do a storyline about Daphne getting some public attention and Maddie being jealous, and I would have been all in for that. It always seemed ridiculous that Maddie got all the attention after that awards show tribute to Rayna where she broke down and then Daphne stepped up to the mic and kept going. In real life they both would have been invited on all the morning shows and Maddie would have had to sit there and pretend to smile while everyone fawned over Daphne. 

• Love 2
(edited)

Just started watching this show again--I totally didn't watch Season 5 but I don't think I missed that much?  Seems like the same old show.   

Ugh, Maddie--still can't stand her and her voice.  

Totally agree.  Someone had a 2 for 1 at the FakeBlonde shop. 

I still dig Avery and Will and Daphne.  I've never been a Scarlett fan but I did like her reaction to entourages.  

Edited by gryphon
On 1/20/2018 at 12:16 PM, Bubbles said:

Maddie got all the attention after that awards show tribute to Rayna where she broke down and then Daphne stepped up to the mic and kept going. In real life they both would have been invited on all the morning shows and Maddie would have had to sit there and pretend to smile while everyone fawned over Daphne. 

THIS!!!!    The shows would have been all over Daphne stepping up and saving the song.   

57 minutes ago, gryphon said:

I still dig Avery and Will and Daphne.

This is my list as well, but man that's starting to get to be a really, really, really small percentage of the show.