Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E08: Robin

thewhiteowl

That was.. kind of sad. I feel sad for Charlie. And I’m still not entirely convinced Quinn is dead. I fully expect to see her pop up in the series finale. I feel like she’s in on this thing whatever it may be. I could be wrong but I’m hedging my bets.

• Love 6

I missed about twenty minutes, because my power went out in the living room, and the cable box took ages to come back on. 

I was waiting for Quinn to come out of the bathroom, or something, and tell Charlie to stop. If she isn't dead, I wonder who the woman was that they blew up. 

• Love 4
45 minutes ago, WhosThatGirl said:

That was.. kind of sad. I feel sad for Charlie. And I’m still not entirely convinced Quinn is dead. I fully expect to see her pop up in the series finale. I feel like she’s in on this thing whatever it may be. I could be wrong but I’m hedging my bets.

Agreed, between the unidentifiable body and the prolonging of the story arc, it's too much.

• Love 2

It reminds me of when another show acted like a character was dead - removed his name from the opening credits, and everything - with no actual confirmation that he was gone. A few episodes later, it turned out he was under a dumpster, but they stretched it out so much, and most people had guessed at that point, what they were doing, and they/we were pissed. Then the character was killed off in a later episode.  

• Love 3

I so wanted Quinn to be alive, I kept expecting it. Charlie doesn't know what to do, and Huck knows exactly what he wants to do.

I think Quinn died, and somehow she gave birth before that.We'll see that next week.

Liv and Fitz, oh please, she's like a horny teenager.

Hard to believe this show is coming to an end.:-(

Come on Quinn is not dead. I think it’s all a set up with somehow Rowan being in on it. Why wouldn’t they show her face if she was actually dead. 

Olivia sucks and Kerry Washington seems like she’s getting worse at acting or something.

• Love 11

Yes, I think this is an elaborate set-up designed to turn Liv back into a human being. Kinda sucks that she would do this to Charlie, if she is alive and in on it. But I can't feel all that sorry for him, I'm sure some of the folks he tortured and killed had people who loved them, too. Huck has it figured out and Abby and David  now have Quinn's info on Liv.  I find that I'm no longer invested in anyone but still interested to see the wrap up.

• Love 15

Who/what did Liv shoot? When she said to rest in peace? My cable was out for a long while, so I missed the part between that, and I can't remember where it went off, actually. I remember Huck telling Abby something about a pin, but think that came later. And before that, when he told Abby he thought Liv had done something to Quinn.

They all shot at the ground as some type of memorial. They were all wearing leather jackets and had a little memory of Quinn before they shot the ground. I think she was maybe made into bullets..not sure if that actually happened.

• Love 3

I knew Liv and Fitz were going to have sex. Sex is a pretty common response to grief. I cracked up when Liv said she had great friends and Fitz looked into her empty apartment and said dryly “I can see that.”

Whose baby is that? Quinn wasn’t at full term, was she? (That was also not a newborn, but they never are on TV or movies.)

• Love 1

That was a waste of an hour.  I did find Cyrus getting dumped and Olivia calling Fitz a child amusing.

Huck, "I think Olivia did a bad thing."

Me, "Huck, you've all done horrible things, you are murderers."

Edited by TigerLynx
  • Love 7
9 hours ago, Marley said:

Come on Quinn is not dead. I think it’s all a set up with somehow Rowan being in on it. Why wouldn’t they show her face if she was actually dead. 

Olivia sucks and Kerry Washington seems like she’s getting worse at acting or something.

You wouldn't think she could get worse, but she has. What she does with her upper lip is so distracting.

• Love 9
4 hours ago, Empress1 said:

Whose baby is that? Quinn wasn’t at full term, was she? (That was also not a newborn, but they never are on TV or movies.)

During the wedding episodes, it was stated a few times that she was due in a day or two....which made the whole "Rowan kidnaps Quinn" plan ludicrous. During the whole finale, I was like, "what is he going to do when she goes into labor? Or with a baby?"

I was also expecting Quinn to step into the room at the end.

• Love 2
13 hours ago, Marley said:

I think Rowan and Quinn are working together to take Olivia down/"bring her back" and now that Huck has figured out something is up, he'll work with them.

• Love 4

I think it's a Rowan/Quinn setup as well.  I hope that Quinn shows up before Charlie kills Rowan but, unfortunately, I see a scenario where he does kill him, Quinn shows up, and then Charlie goes "oops."  

• Love 1

I’m sorry I can’t believe anyone important ever really dies on this show for good. It’s been a game of chicken with that for forever. The most important who ever died who I was shocked by was Elizabeth and then it was only because Portia wanted to leave, had she not asked to, I doubt she would have been killed. Also she was a just a recurring guest star so no real big loss. 

But an actual cast member dying seems far off. Even in the final season. At least for this show.

Edited by WhosThatGirl
  • Love 1
11 minutes ago, WhosThatGirl said:

I’m sorry I can’t believe anyone important ever really dies on this show for good. It’s been a game of chicken with that for forever. The most important who ever died who I was shocked by was Elizabeth and then it was only because Portia wanted to leave, had she not asked to, I doubt she would have been killed. Also she was a just a recurring guest star so no real big loss. 

But an actual cast member dying seems far off. Even in the final season. At least for this show.

They killed Harrison off.  He was one of the original Gladiators.  Of course, they killed him off because of Columbus Short's off camera issues.   

I think Quinn is dead.  Glad the baby is not.   I thought killing her and her almost full term fetus was a bit too twisted, even for this show.    So glad this is the final season.   This show has become far too dark with power hungry Liv.  There is no longer a good(ish) guy to root for.  I just can't see how this comes to a satisfying conclusion.  I used to think it would end with Liv and Fitz in Vermont making jam happily ever after.  But even if it does, I won't find it satisfying because the characters don't really deserve a happily ever after.  

• Love 2

So is Quinn's fake death the big wake-up call Liv needs? Doesn't look like it so far to me.

I think Glackland is a bad guy and is working Cyrus--assuming we ever see him again. Either way, STFU, Cyrus. Fixing a presidential election and thereby effecting the lives of hundreds of millions of people (if not the whole world) is way worse than wooing one person with an expensive painting.

Was Huck really considering shooting Olivia? Maybe he should've considered harder and put everyone out of their misery. Whatever, I hope she took a car service and wasn't driving with her drunk self.

Ugh, and now the Olitz fan service re-emerges. Grief sex? KMN.

Still loving Liv's blowout though.

• Love 2

Hey Mellie,

Much as you (and the writers) want us to think you are this angelic, noble, saint of a woman, please remember that you helped set the events in motion that led to Quinn/Lindsey’s death when you were power hungry and helped rig an election. Not here for your redemption story into this consummate public servant.

If Quinn is dead, that is. Don’t really know, don’t really care. 

8 hours ago, iheartET said:

2) Anyone actually believe Quinn is dead ?

4) I wonder what was on that flash drive and whose baby was in Rowan's home ?

Not for a minute, which is why I thought this episode was boring and melodramatic.  It's been a while since the break so I had a hard time remembering what was going on before this.  Didn't Quinn find out that Liv was responsible for blowing up the plane with the pres of Faux-istan and his niece?  I believe the evidence is on flash drive.  I'm convinced Quinn is working with Rowan to either redeem or take down Liv.  Whatever.  I'm not sure I care anymore.  They are all horrible people.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, Haleth said:

Not for a minute, which is why I thought this episode was boring and melodramatic.  It's been a while since the break so I had a hard time remembering what was going on before this.  Didn't Quinn find out that Liv was responsible for blowing up the plane with the pres of Faux-istan and his niece?  I believe the evidence is on flash drive.  I'm convinced Quinn is working with Rowan to either redeem or take down Liv.  Whatever.  I'm not sure I care anymore.  They are all horrible people.

Yes, Quinn confronted Olivia about the plane and Liv was pretty much like “yeah.. and you can’t do anything about it” thing because Olivia rules all now. And then Olivia “speeched” at her about how she makes people and she’s the boss. It was the night before the wedding and Olivia thought they were meeting because Quinn was getting cold feet so she brought the Hair pin thing to her.

But Quinn knew.  And Olivia confirmed it. 

Here's what I don't understand - whatever is going on with Quinn...

doesn't Olivia have to know and have agreed?

Because Olivia ordered Rowan's death. She called B-whatever and ordered Rowan's death right in front of him, during that final argument they were having at his house. The death squad was minutes away. If Olivia thinks Rowan killed Quinn, why is he even still alive, much less getting his bones back? The logical aftermath of that scene is that Olivia cries, the death squad shows up and kills Rowan as ordered, and then Olivia gets Jake to handle the disposal of Quinn's body, rather than letting Quinn's murderer do it.

Even if she turned out to have been faking the call because she once again can't bring herself to kill her father, she still wouldn't let him just walk around free and give him his bones back. She'd have him thrown into a hole or black cell or whatever. Because this whole thing was a power play between them and she would know that if she let him go free and, heck, rewarded him with his stupid bones after he'd defied her and killed Quinn, she'd permanently be the loser of their power battles.

That's one of my two main problems with the theory that Quinn and Rowan faked her death together in order to shock Olivia back into being a person (the other being that I don't believe Quinn would do that to Charlie). For Rowan to be getting his bones back, Olivia has to be in on it, whatever "it" is. Maybe whenever Olivia talked about Quinn's death, she really meant it in a figurative sense. Quinn was a big problem for her, so maybe she's agreed to some sort of Lindsey Dwyer redux where the woman is now waking up in some remote area of the world, perhaps dosed with the sort of drugs that wiped all Jane's memories on Blindspot, and all of her crying and guilt is because she's once again blown up Lindsey/Quinn's entire life to cover up something.

Or maybe this is just another of the show's incredibly ridiculous logical fails where we're all supposed to just turn off our brains and not ask why, if Olivia believes Rowan killed Quinn, he's walking around free and fondling his newly delivered bones.

• Love 1
37 minutes ago, Black Knight said:

Here's what I don't understand - whatever is going on with Quinn...

doesn't Olivia have to know and have agreed?

Because Olivia ordered Rowan's death. She called B-whatever and ordered Rowan's death right in front of him, during that final argument they were having at his house. The death squad was minutes away. If Olivia thinks Rowan killed Quinn, why is he even still alive, much less getting his bones back? The logical aftermath of that scene is that Olivia cries, the death squad shows up and kills Rowan as ordered, and then Olivia gets Jake to handle the disposal of Quinn's body, rather than letting Quinn's murderer do it.

Even if she turned out to have been faking the call because she once again can't bring herself to kill her father, she still wouldn't let him just walk around free and give him his bones back. She'd have him thrown into a hole or black cell or whatever. Because this whole thing was a power play between them and she would know that if she let him go free and, heck, rewarded him with his stupid bones after he'd defied her and killed Quinn, she'd permanently be the loser of their power battles.

That's one of my two main problems with the theory that Quinn and Rowan faked her death together in order to shock Olivia back into being a person (the other being that I don't believe Quinn would do that to Charlie). For Rowan to be getting his bones back, Olivia has to be in on it, whatever "it" is. Maybe whenever Olivia talked about Quinn's death, she really meant it in a figurative sense. Quinn was a big problem for her, so maybe she's agreed to some sort of Lindsey Dwyer redux where the woman is now waking up in some remote area of the world, perhaps dosed with the sort of drugs that wiped all Jane's memories on Blindspot, and all of her crying and guilt is because she's once again blown up Lindsey/Quinn's entire life to cover up something.

Or maybe this is just another of the show's incredibly ridiculous logical fails where we're all supposed to just turn off our brains and not ask why, if Olivia believes Rowan killed Quinn, he's walking around free and fondling his newly delivered bones.

Yeah. This is a good question. I was sitting around wondering why Rowan still got his bones back after he (as far as Olivia thinks) killed Quinn.  Why at the whole end of it does he still get what he wanted? Or at least some of what he wanted? He claims he’s sad because he lost his daughter because of this mess but at the end of the day he got some of what he wanted. So yeah.

Then again nothing about this show makes sense. The fact that before this Quinn thing started and before Olivia was mad at Rowan, at the start of this season they were having dinners together and drinking wine like we were back in season two. Like there weren’t three seasons after that where at one point Olivia was having her two boyfriends conspire to try and kill him. Nothing makes sense.

at his house. The death squad was minutes away. If Olivia thinks Rowan killed Quinn, why is he even still alive, much less getting his bones back? The logical aftermath of that scene is that Olivia cries, the death squad shows up and kills Rowan as ordered, and then Olivia gets Jake to handle the disposal of Quinn's body, rather than letting Quinn's murderer do it.

That's one of my two main problems with the theory that Quinn and Rowan faked her death together in order to shock Olivia back into being a person (the other being that I don't believe Quinn would do that to Charlie). For Rowan to be getting his bones back, Olivia has to be in on it, whatever "it" is. Maybe whenever Olivia talked about Quinn's death, she really meant it in a figurative sense. Quinn was a big problem for her, so maybe she's agreed to some sort of Lindsey Dwyer redux where the woman is now waking up in some remote area of the world, perhaps dosed with the sort of drugs that wiped all Jane's memories on Blindspot, and all of her crying and guilt is because she's once again blown up Lindsey/Quinn's entire life to cover up something.

I taut makes sense if Olivia thought he would kill all of her friends the same way. Yes, she would then be the “permanent loser” but she might find that preferable to all of her friends being killed. She knows her father would have set several things in motion to happen in the event of his death. So rather than risk it, she gives him his bones back. 

If Quinn is dead (and I never thought she really was), then who is minding the baby when Rowan is off playing with his bones? 

If the point of the story is the redemption of Olivia, I'm sorry, she is way past redemption in my book.  They all are.  However, the flash drive is interesting because I would love for them all to see what Olivia has become - and then watch them try to explain it away. 

Edited by mwell345
  • Love 1
17 hours ago, deerstalker said:

I taut makes sense if Olivia thought he would kill all of her friends the same way. Yes, she would then be the “permanent loser” but she might find that preferable to all of her friends being killed. She knows her father would have set several things in motion to happen in the event of his death. So rather than risk it, she gives him his bones back. 

Rowan doesn't have that kind of power anymore. He has no one working for him. He had to take Quinn himself and hold her captive at his own house.

He's not had power for a long time. When he was ordered to kill Vargas, he had to do it - and he had to do it himself. He still had one guy at the time, and he had to burn that guy in order to complete the assassination. After that, he was helpless. He's been under the thumb of one person or another since then, his daughter being the most recent. He has nobody to help him anymore.

Plus, Olivia would know that his demands wouldn't end with the bones. He'd just take another of her friends and demand something else. That's why you don't negotiate with terrorists or give in to blackmailers, because it never ends. She's Chief of Staff for POTUS and head of B-whatever; I doubt Rowan can even muster a threat if he's dead, since again, he has nobody working for him anymore, but in any case she can easily provide her friends with enough security to keep them safe. Rowan was only able to take Quinn because Olivia didn't suspect he was going to try anything.

This show has never been shy about showing actual deaths on camera. So the fact we didn't see Rowan actually shoot Quinn leads me to believe she is still alive. Also, since she was identified through partial dental, we know that Quinn had teeth removed by Huck. She probably replaced them with a partial and popped it out to put with the body that was burned.

Edited by Good Queen Jane
3 hours ago, Good Queen Jane said:

This show has never been shy about showing actual deaths on camera. So the fact we didn't see Rowan actually shoot Quinn leads me to believe she is still alive. Also, since she was identified through partial dental, we know that Quinn had teeth removed by Huck. She probably replaced them with a partial and popped it out to put with the body that was burned.

Even when they showed Jake and Huck "die," they weren't actually dead.  I don't have an opinion on whether or not she's dead (I can see them going either way with it) but her "goodbye" tweet is almost identical to SF's when we thought Jake was dead.