Type keyword(s) to search

Season 4 Discussion

SheTalksShit
  • Start Topic

I am so excited this is back!! Shall be interesting to see how this season will play out considering some of those trailers they've been showing.

On 12/28/2017 at 7:49 PM, PoshSprinkles said:

Yikes. The father of that father-son duo looks cult crazy, if you know what I'm sayin'. 

I said the same thing to my husband! He has this massive cult vibe look going on.

• Love 1

Looking forward to another season. 

I would have thought the prison chaplain would have suggested to his son that he grow his hair out a bit  and go in less clean cut than he did. I am curious about the scar on the back of his head lol.

Oh dear, Jaclin. I am sure the experience is worse than anyone can imagine, but don't sign up for it with the expectation that you will be able to speak to your daughter every day. That's just setting yourself up for failure. 

Lets see what the next 4 are like next week! 

• Love 2

Don't these people usually go in with fake names? I found it interesting that the father/son duo got a storyline where they can talk about their religion and probably not lie a whole bunch except for what they're in for. The son seemed a little too eager to share his story though.  When the other guy asked what fraud was all he needed to say was "they accused us of stealing money" and not "my dad and i...bla bla bla...... i was just a volunteer.....bla bla bla we're not guilty...

• Love 2

Am I mistaken or doesn’t Alan the cop have a tattoo on his right arm that looks like a blue line on a black background in a skin rip? Wouldn’t that immediately identify him as police?

Jaclin has a panic attack after one day of not speaking to her daughter? 

Crazy we’ve seen four hours already and still haven’t even met all the participants! They are really dragging that out!

• Love 2

I actually said, "Awwww!" when Chaplain Dad (Matt?) was welcomed so nicely by the attractive dreadlock man, haha! Maybe I am becoming an old sentimental fool but I thought it seemed so sweet and just nicely, casually friendly--though if that prayer meeting happened as soon as it seemed to be after he arrived, he sure was overstating his relationships with the others! Also, my goodness--he sure can be dramatic when he wants to! That said, what on earth would make Chaplain Dad think that he and his son would be tossed in together? 

Edited by TattleTeeny
  • Love 8
3 hours ago, TattleTeeny said:

That said, what on earth would make Chaplain Dad think that he and his son would be tossed in together? 

This was my question too.  He seemed to automatically think they'd be together.  Maybe he didn't realize there are different pods?  I don't know the size of the jail or prison or whatever he worked at before, so maybe this one is bigger?

Also, did Matt say he wanted to regain appreciation for inmates?  I don't know how to say this without sounding terrible, but why?  These are criminals.  I'd like to very sincerely hope that this experience would rehabilitate the inmates and they never do anything bad again, but we all know this is very rarely true.  Also, another thing that surprised me is that the Prison Chaplain is Mormon.  I just assumed most would be Catholic or Christian.  No real reason for that thought.  I'm not religious so I don't know.

I think Alan is in way over his head.  Do we know where he's a cop?  Is it a city or small town?  He doesn't seem like a big city cop to me.  In a way I could appreciate his statement that he would put more consideration into making an arrest because it's hell in there.  However, I would hope that he would not let off serious offenders because of this experience.

While I don't even pretend to fully understand why Nate is in there for another go around, I understood his dilemma.  If he's trying to pass as a true inmate he couldn't let that go.  That was a bit scary with everyone gearing up for a riot- making shanks and stuff. 

Jaclin and Stephanie both stick out like sore thumbs.  They both went in way too groomed with nice hair and nice nails.  That's just asking to be taken advantage of.  It scares me how aggressive/predatory some of those girls are. 

I have a whole new perspective on this show this season.  My SIL got thrown into county jail.  She is waiting for her sentencing.  She's been in for 30 days with probably at least 60 more to go.  She's in with murderers and stuff and she's having a hard time.  She's in for DUI (multiple)- the last one with my nephew in the car.  She was arrested for failing to report to her probation officer so she had a warrant.  It's a real bad situation because she refuses to get the help she needs.  She goes in for a 2-week rehab program but comes out and does it all over again.  It's just weird to watch this show and think that someone I know very well is going through a similar experience.  It doesn't make me want to sign up for the program, though!  We're hoping that her finally being thrown in jail straightens her up because nothing else was doing it.

• Love 7

Also, did Matt say he wanted to regain appreciation for inmates?  I don't know how to say this without sounding terrible, but why?  These are criminals. 

I don't know what he meant either. Maybe a clunky attempt at remembering that he, at one time (prior to being assaulted, did he say?), thought of them differently in his previous line of work.

While I don't doubt that many people in there have lengthy lists of legal misdeeds, don't forget that others haven't been convicted, and may not be.

Edited by TattleTeeny
  • Love 3
20 minutes ago, TattleTeeny said:

I don't know what he meant either. Maybe a clunky attempt at remembering that he, at one time (prior to being assaulted, did he say?), thought of them differently in his previous line of work.

While I don't doubt that many people in there have lengthy lists of legal misdeeds, don't forget that others haven't been convicted, and may not be.

That is true.  It was just his statement that struck me a bit odd, really. I'm not saying they should be treated like animals or shouldn't have their basic needs met. I think the conditions are appalling.  If nothing else, I hope this show puts a light on the areas that need to be improved.  The jails on this show are so disgusting I don't know how people aren't routinely sick.

• Love 5

I think I might have just seen the part you mentioned, @Whimsy--I'm watching episode 2 now (though maybe not because he didn't use the word "appreciate"?). He said something about regaining his faith about inmates by way of seeing them as people and not just criminals (I'm paraphrasing). 

• Love 1
42 minutes ago, TattleTeeny said:

I think I might have just seen the part you mentioned, @Whimsy--I'm watching episode 2 now (though maybe not because he didn't use the word "appreciate"?). He said something about regaining his faith about inmates by way of seeing them as people and not just criminals (I'm paraphrasing). 

Yes, that’s it. I couldn’t remember his exact words. 

On 1/4/2018 at 10:01 AM, hookedontv said:

Looking forward to another season. 

I would have thought the prison chaplain would have suggested to his son that he grow his hair out a bit  and go in less clean cut than he did. I am curious about the scar on the back of his head lol.

I think that is just a patch of hair that’s growing in light blonde instead of brown like the rest of his hair.  I’ve seen other people that have the same kind of patch of lighter hair before. it’s not common, but it does happen. 

• Love 1

started out late, but all caught up now. :)

thoughts so far....

Matt and Andrew: Matt looks the part but its laughable how weak and helpless he thinks his son is and that he thinks he's primed to get his ass kicked in there---but encouraged him to go, "to toughen him up". Dude's insane. I was floored when he started talking about him saying hes painfully shy and awkward, etc. I would be so embarrassed  if my father was on national TV talking like that. Then in the newest episode, he got all antsy and anxious to talk to Andrew and then went to the door between pods asking for him...not suspicious at all. Also, Matt's super dramatic when he talks to producers.

Angele: this whole time I was thinking who's the one the warden's talking to saying that they've ruined the program and such. I just a little bit thought it might have been Nathan (that white dude is so full of himself and proud that he fits in with all these black dudes in this rough environment) but when she was talking about how she's gonna have issues with the CO's more than the inmates and then she said "yall (the producers) are gonna be like, we need to get Angele out of there", I KNEW IT WAS HER

Edited by ralph
  • Love 7
18 hours ago, TattleTeeny said:

I thought so too--like that guy way back that used to host The Soup when it was called Talk Soup! Like a birthmark in his hair! But then I heard the dad refer to it as a scar.

Oh!  I missed the dad saying that. I wonder if he hit his head there or cut his scalp as a child and it made the hair grow in lighter?  On my TV it looks like hair not skin, so that’s why I assumed it was just a patch of lighter hair.

4 hours ago, ralph said:

started out late, but all caught up now. :)

thoughts so far....

Matt and Andrew: Matt looks the part but its laughable how weak and helpless he thinks his son is and that he thinks he's primed to get his ass kicked in there---but encouraged him to go, "to toughen him up". Dude's insane. I was floored when he started talking about him saying hes painfully shy and awkward, etc. I would be so embarrassed  if my father was on national TV talking like that. Then in the newest episode, he got all antsy and anxious to talk to Andrew and then went to the door between pods asking for him...not suspicious at all. Also, Matt's super dramatic when he talks to producers.

Angele: this whole time I was thinking who's the one the warden's talking to saying that they've ruined the program and such. I just a little bit thought it might have been Nathan (that white dude is so full of himself and proud that he fits in with all these black dudes in this rough environment) but when she was talking about how she's gonna have issues with the CO's more than the inmates and then she said "yall (the producers) are gonna be like, we need to get Angele out of there", I KNEW IT WAS HER

Yes, she looks like trouble.  Doesn't she know why she's there and what the job is she supposed to do.  She's there to get inside info which could be beneficial to both the prison workers as well as the inmates.  Why did she even sign up for this if she's going in with a major attitude?  She's stupid and I don't like her already.  

• Love 7

Wow. Not many comments about the long-awaited Season 4, huh? How long ago was this filmed? 

Nate sure looks like he’s settled it, though I was glad to see at least some indecision about the tablet situation.  When Col Adger came in and said that they had heard a rumor about how Carl was going to be targeted, I wasn’t sure if that was reliable or not. For one, if half the pod was ready to fight, then I buy it. But on the other hand, a lot of people seem to get beat up in there. 

Stephanie: First jail fight—check!

From what we could see, Stephanie didn’t do much fighting. Jackie stayed downstairs all together, but hey, she seemed to be mouthing off!

If Matt’s segments are all, I’m worried about my son, then I’d rather not see them. 

• Love 3

I'm so sick of Intense Matt rasping about his damn son. If you're going to flip out every ten seconds about dragging the kid into it, then don't drag him into it! Every one of his segments starts with "my son. My son. My son". Shut up. Shut up. Shut up. 

I don't know why but I don't think it will be Angele who gets the program in trouble. For some reason I think it's Nate. He seems a bit too comfortable and concerned about what the inmates think about him.  The other woman,  not Stephanie but the other one might flip out too, she seems a little unstable. I'd love to know her story. 

The best part of the fake inmates is that so far, everyone seems to know what they are saying. 

• Love 8

Also, another thing that surprised me is that the Prison Chaplain is Mormon.  I just assumed most would be Catholic or Christian.  No real reason for that thought.  I'm not religious so I don't know.

He said he was a chaplain in Utah, so it actually makes sense. I'm sure there is a relatively decent percentage of inmates there who are Mormon (or at least grew up that way). Also, Mormons consider themselves Christian (it's mostly other Christian denominations who quibble with that). So he wouldn't have a problem speaking to non-Mormon inmates from a general Christian perspective. (I'm Mormon myself, and pegged them as Mormon based on one of the paintings in the background at their house, LOL.)

• Love 4
9 hours ago, redpencil said:

He said he was a chaplain in Utah, so it actually makes sense. I'm sure there is a relatively decent percentage of inmates there who are Mormon (or at least grew up that way). Also, Mormons consider themselves Christian (it's mostly other Christian denominations who quibble with that). So he wouldn't have a problem speaking to non-Mormon inmates from a general Christian perspective. (I'm Mormon myself, and pegged them as Mormon based on one of the paintings in the background at their house, LOL.)

Thanks for the info!  I'm so very unreligious that I didn't know any of that so it's very interesting.

On 1/7/2018 at 3:12 AM, Nancypants said:

I never did figure out what Don was sayin'.

Ok - it took a few days, but I see what you did there. Kudos!

(I still needed closed captions to understand him.)

• Love 2

Thank god the last one finally entered... I kept saying "THERE'S ANOTHER ONE!?!?!" every time they would show someone knew the last 5 people. Matt is something else....  and he knew his cell mate was a clean freak so not sure why he thought peeing in a cup and LEAVING IT there wouldn't bother him.  Although it was a bit odd that he immediately went and tattled. He seems to spout off about everything else so he couldn't just be like "uhh dud, flush that shit and dont leave it laying around"  They have a very weird dynamic. 

I like that his son got placed with Nathan and I wonder if that was intentional. 

And man..... those women are so messy! Walking around in their underwear... starting fights all the time... it's no wonder the guards could get two shits. It probably gets old FAST. 

But what's up with Stephanie feeling so disgraced by Jac because Jac had an outburst with her cell mates? "Participants shouldn't do that"  uhhh pretty sure your role is to act like an inmate as much as possible without doing anything illegal.  So telling your noisy ass cell mates to shut the f--- up is probably ok. And they even seemed to respect her a little for doing it. 

• Love 7

Stephanie thinks she is on Survivor, not 60 Days In. Fun fact, Stephanie: there are no winners on the show you are on.

I would be vomiting constantly if I were in Matt’s positionwith his farting cell mate. I can’t imagine that gas that bad doesn’t have health consequences for those breathing it in. 

• Love 8
11 minutes ago, PityFree said:

Stephanie thinks she is on Survivor, not 60 Days In. Fun fact, Stephanie: there are no winners on the show you are on.

I would be vomiting constantly if I were in Matt’s positionwith his farting cell mate. I can’t imagine that gas that bad doesn’t have health consequences for those breathing it in. 

Right?! I don’t even watch Survivor, but it’s all I thought about at the end. She has one evil smile/smirk.

Someone should tell that moron she’s not winning a cash prize or immunity from bad prison food if she does XYZ. She’s there as a volunteer to help & assist the prison officials. 

Jaclin dodged a major bullet by “staying in character” after forgetting her own last name, but wow! What a freakin moron to forget the most basic of basics! I suppose the enormity of the stress and exhaustion of being in there might be a reason to forget, but I am surprised because this is the 2nd time she’s done this. I don’t buy that J said she looked down at her bracelet to “signal to Stephanie” about being in the program. I hope she makes it through, but I hope she finally learned her faux last name!

• Love 5

Just catching up with Season 4--two hours in.  Jaclin's a mess.  Did she not see any of the earlier seasons or is she just delusional about her personal levels of fortitude?  I snorted when she announced that not speaking to her daughter every day would be a dealbreaker, but I'm sympathetic that she's so utterly clueless about how everything works.  Why not run a simple orientation video on a loop where everyone is sitting for hours waiting to be checked in?  Every single inmate was a "first-timer" at some point and would have been helped by just a few clues about the phones, the commissary, the food service, the roll calls, everything works.

Matt & Andrew.   I was wondering if Matt's perception that his son is "weak" had anything to do with Andrew starting to develop his own more independent way of thinking.  (As someone who has ideological conflicts with everyone around me, that little detail in Andrew's brief bio really caught my attention.)  Anyway, Matt's whole thought process that he'd expose his son to danger, but be there to protect him, went straight off the rails.  So I don't mind Matt's constant remorse--he earned it.

Roo freaks me out.

• Love 2

Stephanie is wackadoo. She criticizes Jaclin for yelling at the other girls (uh, acting like an inmate) but then apparently Stephanie will take drugs so can fit in and is annoyed by Jaclin because she won't? I'm over Stephanie. I agree she seems like she's there to win a contest-a contest that's in her head. 

Anyone else see previews for next week? What is UP with the last participant (can't remember his name yet) getting all flashy for the cameras? What a tool. 

• Love 9

It's like all the other reality shows, but with serious danger, it seems. Like each season, the people come on and try to outdo the previous people.  I don't like it. At first, it was an interesting experiment. Now, with each new crew, they seem to want to show the world - they can take it - previous participants didn't do it right. 

What the hell is up with Matt???  He is wackadoo!!  First, "snitching" does not encompass every little thing.  Talking about your disgusting cellmate is not "snitching".  I SORT of get that Matt was trying to be quiet, but honestly, he could've peed In the cup and then taken the cup and quietly poured it into the toilet.  Holding it way inside the toilet and pouring it out would be virtually silent.

I feel like Jaclin was right to not partake in the drugs and alcohol, but she either shouldn't have gone to the party or been WAY more covert about not taking any of it. 

I still feel like Stephanie is dumb.  First, I still feel like she's blustering about how bad-ass she is.  Second, I feel like she needs to remember that doing illegal things during this program could lead to actual jail time.  Although, I don't know what happened to the participant who did drugs last season...

I don't know if Angele really understands why she's there.  

• Love 4
On 1/16/2018 at 1:06 PM, hookedontv said:

Anyone else see previews for next week? What is UP with the last participant (can't remember his name yet) getting all flashy for the cameras? What a tool. 

He is a fruitloop, isn’t he??  He is never going to survive if he keeps it up.  He acts like he’s at a housewarming.

On 1/16/2018 at 1:06 PM, hookedontv said:

Stephanie is wackadoo. She criticizes Jaclin for yelling at the other girls (uh, acting like an inmate) but then apparently Stephanie will take drugs so can fit in and is annoyed by Jaclin because she won't? I'm over Stephanie. I agree she seems like she's there to win a contest-a contest that's in her head. 

Not to mention, she can get into real trouble if they catch her doing drugs and they’ve got her on camera doing it.

• Love 4

Angele? HOT? I don't know man, prison is weird. She looks just as messed up and slightly masculine as some of the other inmates. I get pretty girls like Stephanie wouldn't be all the rage in prison, but I don't get what it is about Angele that is so attractive.

I was dead when Stephanie was like "I'll throw Jaclin under the bus i a minute---cause i want to win". WIN WHAT STUPID? This isn't a contest. There's on prize at the end of this. And didn't she say she never has female friends? I think i understand why.

• Love 6

Every time the inmates on this show have described hiding their medications in their mouths and then later selling them or mixing them into drinks that they share, I dry heave.  That medication has been in someone else’s mouth and you don’t know what they been doing with their mouths!! Clearly I am not cut out for jail. 

I thought it was very sweet when Andrew was teaching his cellmate to read. We really are failing our children.  I wish money we were spending on jails had been spent on good social supports for families and on education.  Our society would be much better place and we’d have a lot fewer people in jail. 

• Love 7
2 hours ago, ralph said:

Angele? HOT? I don't know man, prison is weird. She looks just as messed up and slightly masculine as some of the other inmates. I get pretty girls like Stephanie wouldn't be all the rage in prison, but I don't get what it is about Angele that is so attractive.

I was dead when Stephanie was like "I'll throw Jaclin under the bus i a minute---cause i want to win". WIN WHAT STUPID? This isn't a contest. There's on prize at the end of this. And didn't she say she never has female friends? I think i understand why.

I think Angele has a very pretty face, the hair and everything else, not so much but I think she's very pretty. 

If you can put the doofiness aside, I think Andrew is an attractive guy. I for one have a hard time putting the doofiness aside but he's kind of attractive. 

Matt is a freakin psycho and I don't think he's as tough as he thinks he is. I think he may be the one who shut down the show with his antics. 

@PityFree, I agree about the pills, it's so disgusting that they costume something that has been in someone's mouth. What I don't understand is that every season the inmates doing this with their medication has been a problem, so why haven't they changed the way they distribute them? It seems like they've done nothing to improve the problems  that the previous seasons has pointed out.

I also don't understand how they don't have more deaths related to mixing so many medications together. I'm always afraid that a new medication will interact with something I'm already taking. I Googled the medications they said they were drinking and none of them seem to be recreational drugs that you get high from.  I don't get it. What I really don't get is when my uncle was in prison he said that at least half of the inmates were on meth. Why the hell would someone want to stay awake 24 hours a day in prison?!  

Edited by Maharincess
  • Love 5
33 minutes ago, Maharincess said:

I agree about the pills, it's so disgusting that they costume something that has been in someone's mouth. What I don't understand is that every season the inmates doing this with their medication has been a problem, so why haven't they changed the way they distribute them? It seems like they've done nothing to improve the problems  that the previous seasons has pointed out.

Some of these people are addicts and will do anything for a fix. Some drugs are smuggled in via someone’s who-ha and it gets sold and used.

I cannot stand Angele -  And not because she’s gay. But because she’s an entitled individual who perceives herself as a victim. And I cannot stomach that kind of person.  

And Stephanie, is quite the hypocrite. At the beginning of the show she went on and on about how she made different choices and didn’t end up like her family. Yet she goes in there and starts reveling in the culture.

And the ex chaplain, in my opinion, is unhinged.  Can you imagine taking spiritual guidance from him?  If he had gotten physical with a roommate, the roommate would’ve laid him out in a second.

Edited by Kid
  • Love 2

Jaclin should have never gone to the party but Stephanie saying (If someone offers you a piece of cake you should not be rude and take it) Dum ass, if someone offered you a glass dick w/white stuff in it are you going to smoke to not be rude? Ass

Making a fool of himself. Him and Allen need to calm down.

• Love 3

Yeah, I forgot about the new guy. What the hell was up with his stupid Cribs bullshit. Way to paint a big target on your back dumbass. That guy can not read a room to save his life. Did he think that shit would endear him to the inmates? 

• Love 5
4 hours ago, Maharincess said:

I think Angele has a very pretty face, the hair and everything else, not so much but I think she's very pretty. 

I don't like her hair in prison, but I love her braids in her talking heads, better than weave wearing Stephanie.

4 hours ago, Kid said:

I cannot stand Angele -  And not because she’s gay. But because she’s an entitled individual who perceives herself as a victim. And I cannot stomach that kind of person.  

When did Angele say she sees herself as a victim, or is entitled?  I didn't get that from her at all.  She seems to like all the attention on her though.

Can't stand Jacklyn, or however she spells her name.  I don't get why she ever bothered to go to that party, especially since she doesn't even know her own name.

• Love 2

The most recent episode made me think a lot about the perspectives that these volunteers have. Stephanie thought she signed up for Survivor's Fulton County Jail (FCJ) season, Angele is trying hard not to fall in love on Love Connection: FCJ edition and Jaclin must believe she's on The Real World: FCJ and lastly, damn Emmanuel thinks he is on FCJ Cribs

I know we have only seen a few episodes so far, and I'm still waiting for someone to discover something new because so far, this season is way too slow for me.

I am glad that Alan has gone into this without the attitude of "I'm in law enforcement and these people deserve to be here." He's made some spot on observations that I can't wait to see him later discuss with Colonel Adger, whether it's about the dire conditions of the cells or about how some some of the COs conduct themselves.

When he said he would be fired if he behaved like certain COs  (I can relate 100%. I teach high school & that rule applies to all professions, not just law enforcement...not that I'd ever be horrible to students), along with the scene with the DART team leader verbally disrespect the inmates, it made me angry on behalf of the inmates. I don't feel bad for the knucklehead inmates who stir the pot and mouth off to the staff though. The staff who was swearing, along with using the N word, at the inmates is inexcusable. I realize when your buttons are pushed, It's harder to be the bigger person (everyday challenge for me at times!), but these COs need some type of professional development to learn how to deal with the inmates.

I know money and resources are severely limited, but if it was possible, the improvement needs to start with those who work in jails. It's my understanding that the turnover rate of people who work in corrections is incredibly high, but I'd like to think there are solutions to this problem.

The staff should be required to have psych screenings (if they don't) before being hired. Regular group therapy with the staff, or 1:1 sessions, to "let it all out" and learn some coping techniques would help so that all staff members are able to conduct themselves in a bit more of a professional manner, no matter how bad their day is. The jail administration (very similar to a school's administration team) can say how "they'd do it if they were dealing with the inmates", but I would bet my savings account that the colonel and his immediate staff members aren't with the incarcerated men and women as often as those who are interacting or working the inmates in a daily basis. It's a different group of people who work there who are experiencing the difficult/antagonistic personalities and dramatic episodes that happen every single day in the pods or dorms. 

I don't know how the actual jail system works (monitoring the video, reviewing data on inmate injuries/visits to the infirmary, inmates being monitored by a doctor for health/RX maintenance),  but I'm a bit shocked that there haven't been a few "unscheduled visits" to the pods by any member of the Jail Admin team after the phase 1 participants left the facility. I'd love to see a segment with Colonel Adger watching a live video feed from one of the pods and then have him participate in a TH interview to see his genuine response. Why wait for the full 120 days to pass (both phases) before starting to make any changes. Having the DART team shake down the cells for weapons probably stemmed from info shared with production, but the pill cheeking has been an epidemic since season one of the series. I'd like to think that would be a priority ASAP.

I think we can all agree that the inmates act up because they are straight up bored! Zero stimulation for them at all (which participants have said several times) = people go crazy. I am not excusing their behavior, but before any activities or group classes can take place, the staff members need to be in the right head space to even want to think about taking a group of inmates into a room for any activity or a classes that stimulate their brains.

I am looking forward to seeing Alan debrief with the jail staff and hear from him on the Tell All special!

Edited by Bridget
  • Love 8

I think in a weird way the women do have it harder because they have to not only deal with prison life but with girl drama.  Boy drama can be fixed kinda easy.  You disrespected me:  this is how you deal with it.  Girl drama is a lot more complicated.  Plus with the guys they room with a single other person.  The girls are in a dorm which means dealing with several personalities at once.  

Add to it being butch hot and gay and you have a serious problem.

Edited by Chaos Theory
  • Love 4
5 hours ago, Chaos Theory said:

I think in a weird way the women do have it harder because they have to not only deal with prison life but with girl drama.  Boy drama can be fixed kinda easy.  You disrespected me:  this is how you deal with it.  Girl drama is a lot more complicated.  Plus with the guys they room with a single other person.  The girls are in a dorm which means dealing with several personalities at once.  

Add to it being butch hot and gay and you have a serious problem.

I wish I could like your post 1,000 times! It's so very true!

I've always wondered about the housing situation and why it is so different between the genders.  It seems to me there are way more females housed together (for sleeping) in the Fulton jail dorms than there were in the Indiana. I think there are six sets of bunks in Fulton? 12 females together is never a good idea! I remember when Gabrielle came in this week, she had an option of three different empty beds, but that math still works out to way too much estrogen in one room!

I wouldn't be surprised if the jail was originally built or designed to have more beds together in the female pods for a particular reason. I wouldn't even begin to know how to guess what those reasons are, but I'd love to know the rationale behind it as well as why it hasn't been re-organized to reduce the drama, injuries, and more drama.

I remember that the Indiana jail's pods for the men were so overcrowded that inmates slept on the floor. I still can't believe that happened (or might still occur in other jails). Talk about inhumane treatment! Contrastly, in the women's pod, it looked like they had more room and (greatly needed) personal space. I think they only had four sets of bunk beds in each room because I distinctly remember that the women on the first floor (where the season 2 participants were) used the top bunks for storage.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Bridget said:

I wish I could like your post 1,000 times! It's so very true!

I've always wondered about the housing situation and why it is so different between the genders.  It seems to me there are way more females housed together (for sleeping) in the Fulton jail dorms than there were in the Indiana. I think there are six sets of bunks in Fulton? 12 females together is never a good idea! I remember when Gabrielle came in this week, she had an option of three different empty beds, but that math still works out to way too much estrogen in one room!

I wouldn't be surprised if the jail was originally built or designed to have more beds together in the female pods for a particular reason. I wouldn't even begin to know how to guess what those reasons are, but I'd love to know the rationale behind it as well as why it hasn't been re-organized to reduce the drama, injuries, and more drama.

I remember that the Indiana jail's pods for the men were so overcrowded that inmates slept on the floor. I still can't believe that happened (or might still occur in other jails). Talk about inhumane treatment! Contrastly, in the women's pod, it looked like they had more room and (greatly needed) personal space. I think they only had four sets of bunk beds in each room because I distinctly remember that the women on the first floor (where the season 2 participants were) used the top bunks for storage.

It may just be that there are less women then men and only one female block.  I think maybe two now.  Originally housing them this way made sense.  As more women enter the prison system it makes less and less sense.  Still putting them two per cell would probably take up more units then the females are allotted.