Type keyword(s) to search

Mind Your Surroundings: Arrow, The Flash, Supergirl, Legends of Tomorrow and Other Superhero Universes

ArctisTor
  • Start Topic

(edited)

Arrowverse "Crisis on Earth-X" Crossover Soundtrack Getting Official CD Release
By RUSS BURLINGAME - May 16, 2018
http://comicbook.com/dc/2018/05/16/arrowverse-crisis-on-earth-x-crossover-soundtrack-getting-offici/

The soundtrack to "Crisis on Earth-X," this season's four-show DC TV crossover, will get a CD release later this month.

La La Land Records, a specialty record label that bills itself as "where soundtracks live" and has a significant DC Entertainment presence, will release the score from composer Blake Neely on May 22 in a limited-run CD.
The "Crisis on Earth-X" soundtrack has not yet been released digitally. ComicBook.com has reached out to learn whether the physical release will mean a subsequent digital release for the album.
La La Land Records will release the "Crisis on Earth-X" soundtrack next Tuesday.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1
(edited)

CW Executives on Sunday Strategy, Reduced Ad Loads and Passing on 'Supernatural' Spinoff
MAY 17, 2018 6:56am PT by Lacey Rose
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/cw-executives-sunday-strategy-reduced-ad-loads-passing-supernatural-spinoff-1112754

Mark Pedowitz and his CW exec fielded questions from the press about their fall schedule ahead of the CW upfront presentation Thursday morning.

Rather than focus on his five new series, the press grilled CW president Mark Pedowitz about his decision to expand his programming from five nights to six a week.

Come fall, The CW will open up Sunday nights, which will feature the original scripted programming pairing of Supergirl and Charmed. To hear Pedowitz tell it, it was important to have both an established returning series (the former) and a brand-name new one (the latter) as it would help do some of the heavy lifting in marketing the network as well as the shows on the night. Choosing series as high-profile as he did also served as a powerful signal to advertisers and affiliates alike that The CW was committed to Sundays. As for the broader decision to add the night, Pedowitz made clear during his half-hour call with reporters ahead of his network’s upfront presentation Thursday morning that the more programming that The CW has, the better off the business is.

“It was also a statement that we do believe in broadcast,” he told reporters. “We want to stake a claim that we want to grow as others contract.”

As Pedowitz sees it, the ability to expand to 12 hours in the fall was a sign of confidence from The CW affiliates, parent companies and business model, which has been boosted of late care of a lucrative SVOD deal with Netflix. Which is not to say the move to Sundays will come easy. Later in the call, his marketing chief Rick Haskins noted that the marketing push — for the new night as well as the shows — would begin early. In fact, he revealed that the stars of Charmed and Supergirl would be busy recording promos for "CW Sundays" next week to air on the local stations as soon as possible; a national campaign will come closer to air.
Also included in the call was a considerably more frank synopsis of the ad marketplace by The CW's EVP network sales Rob Tuck. Asked to address the network's strategy with regards to reducing ad time and charging premiums for those reduced ad loads, which media buyers have heard a lot about from other netowrks this week, Tuck stated that his network had no formalized plans to do so at this time. "The buzz around the industry right now is beginning to get the real sense of the cost of doing limited commercial runs, and the clients, most of the clients, are hesitant on the premium that would be pushed back towards them," he said. "So, we're certainly open to trying to figure out these things in the future, but I think the clients are speaking."

The CW Expands to Sundays, Making Room for All 5 Superhero Shows and a Charmed Reboot
By Jason Lynch  May 17, 2018
http://www.adweek.com/tv-video/the-cw-expands-to-sundays-making-room-for-all-5-superhero-shows-and-a-charmed-reboot/

“We wanted to have an established show there and a name-brand show there,” to prove to network affiliates that The CW was serious about Sunday programming, Pedowitz told reporters this morning.

The additional night of shows will increase The CW’s national ad inventory by 20 percent, said Rob Tuck, evp, network sales.
Pedowitz hopes that show will fill the void caused by the departures of Jane the Virgin, Crazy Ex-Girlfriend and iZombie after this season. “We will miss each of those shows in terms of what they have done to help the perception of The CW across the board,” he said. “We do believe we have crafted a one-hour comedy model, with a little bit of drama in it.”
Tuck said that The CW won’t be following NBCUniversal and Fox’s lead in reducing ad loads next season. “Most of the clients are hesitant on the premium that would be pushed back towards them,” he said, adding that the network is open to that prospect in the future.

Edited by tv echo

LoT s4 tease:

http://collider.com/legends-of-tomorrow-season-4-synopsis/#images

After defeating the demon Mallus by cuddling him to death with a giant stuffed animal named Beebo, the Legends are ready to ease off the gas. Sara (Caity Lotz) and her team join Ava Sharpe (Jes Macallan) and the Time Bureau to help clean up the last few remaining anachronisms. The job seems straightforward enough until Constantine (Matt Ryan) arrives to inform them that, in solving one major problem, they have created another, much larger one. When the Legends let time crumble in order to release and defeat Mallus, the barrier between worlds softened. History is now infected with “Fugitives” – magical creatures from myths, fairytales, and legends. Having been expelled throughout time by people like Constantine, these Fugitives are now returning to our world in droves and making a real mess of things. As the Time Bureau is distrustful of and ill-equipped to deal with magic, the Legends must team up with everyone’s favorite demonologist to set history back on track.

Meh, I'm not a fan of mixing magic with sci-fi and fantasy wasn't a fan of the Constantine episode, but we'll see how it works out. 

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, Sakura12 said:

I'm just happy they included myths and fairytales and not just demons. I think it would fun to see the Legends deal with fairies, mermaids, or leprechauns. 

This fact certainly made me feel more at ease about season 4. I was afraid it was just going to take a really dark turn for the entire season, which wouldn't have made me inclined to watch live. I really should have faith in the show, but I guess I just got worried. 

If we get actual fairytale episodes, then I will be thrilled. 

• Love 5
(edited)
11 minutes ago, JJ928 said:

Wow Gotham and Batwoman... I’m shocked tbh

That actually was a fun surprise. Truth in Advertising –– for once!

ETA: Heh.

Edited by KenyaJ
  • Love 3
16 minutes ago, lurker22 said:

Poor Legends, completely left out of that promo pic. They really are the outcasts of Arrowverse.

Well they know it and embrace it. And no one else could have fans and critics alike raving about a giant furby/Elmo knock off with a CGI demon. Also they got to go to Aruba, for like 5 minutes. 

• Love 5
29 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

At least their new character is a woman, which is a nice change. Plus, I think I read that this is the first live action appearance from Batwoman. 

It sure is!

The costume designer has her work cut out for her. I dont want no glorified jacket as a costume.

Guess they're moving the timing around this year. Is everything debuting later, or is the crossover going to be the MSF?

Arrow star Stephen Amell made the announcement at The CW’s upfront presentation on Thursday. “We’re incredibly excited to announce that we’ll be doing another crossover event this fall on the CW, and we’ll be introducing a new character,” Amell said. For the very first time appearing, we’ll be fighting alongside Batwoman, which is terrific. The crossover is going to make it to air in December. I need to leave right now and start filming it.”

• Love 1
(edited)

I think it may just mean the first week in December and not necessarily the Christmas episodes. I just checked and I know that at least The Flash will be taking the week of November 6th off (Election Day), so if it premiered on say, October 9th, that would still work out for the crossover to air the first week of December, followed by the Christmas episode on the 11th.

That still means the crossover would be episode 8, which would be its 100th episode though, so now I'm not sure about that. The Flash's 100th is going to be part of a crossover centering Arrow?

But if premiere week is the first week of October, then the December crossover could be episode 9, leaving their 100th for the last week of November. Maybe they'll do that and forego a Christmas episode this year.

Edited by ruby24
  • Love 1
31 minutes ago, Mary0360 said:

I wonder if they are introducing Batwoman so if this is Arrows last season they can spin her and Dinah off into a Birds of Prey show.

Batgirl/Barbara Gordon is the one associated with BoP. Batwoman (Kate Kane) has always been on her own, I think.

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, lemotomato said:

Batgirl/Barbara Gordon is the one associated with BoP. Batwoman (Kate Kane) has always been on her own, I think.

Spin her off into her own solo show then? I don't know I just get this feeling that if this is Arrows last season- and all signs point to yes- they'll want something to replace it in the universe. 

Just now, Sakura12 said:

It'll probably be Sara, since they like to use her to hook up with everyone. 

She and Ava would have to break up again or something, since Ava's sticking around for s4.

Just now, Mary0360 said:

I don't know I just get this feeling that if this is Arrows last season- and all signs point to yes- they'll want something to replace it in the universe. 

No announcement for it yet though, so idk about that yet.

I doubt they’ll do a Birds of Prey spinoff. If they were to do another spinoff I’d assume Batwoman alone.  

I wonder if they lobbied hard to get Batman and DC offered Kate as an alternative. 

• Love 3
(edited)

Yeah, I'm doubting a Birds of Prey spinoff, not with the characters they have now. Although, they did manage to put together a decent show in Legends of Tomorrow with actors who're not really leads. If they put together the right actresses, who knows?

Edited by SmallScreenDiva
  • Love 2
(edited)

No, I don't see them doing a BoP series, especially not with the BoP movie having just been announced a month or so ago (even though we don't even know for sure who's in it, other than Harley Quinn and Batgirl). 

And IF they were going to do BoP, Batwoman wouldn't be the entry character I don't think.  As far as I know, she's never been associated with BoP, although my comics knowledge is as always Wikipedia-based, so I defer to the experts - lol. :) 

I think it's more likely that they're thinking of doing a series revolving around her.  I can see the interest of adding an Arrowverse show revolving around a lesbian lead character, especially one that had never been featured in live-action before.  

Sorry, Arrow fans, but I'm a bit disappointed at Arrow again being the key to the crossover.  Not surprised, but disappointed.  I was hoping for more from the Legends side this year.   Oh well.

Edited by Starfish35
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, Sakura12 said:

I'm just happy they included myths and fairytales and not just demons. I think it would fun to see the Legends deal with fairies, mermaids, or leprechauns. 

2 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

This fact certainly made me feel more at ease about season 4. I was afraid it was just going to take a really dark turn for the entire season, which wouldn't have made me inclined to watch live. I really should have faith in the show, but I guess I just got worried. 

If we get actual fairytale episodes, then I will be thrilled. 

Same here. This makes me feel better about season four.  Adding Constantine really did concern me; I was not at all interested in Legends Dark - lol.  

• Love 1

Also the two essential characters needed for a BoP show are Barbara Gordon and Dinah Lance. If they were going to give Cassidy a spinoff they’d have done it already and Babs is slated for the movie verse so that’s a guaranteed no. 

• Love 3

Yeah I think this was the ugliest one so far, but none of the Arrowverse posters reflect anything so, oh well. I really want confirmation on MSR new character though, I'm assuming Mari but who knows?

• Love 1
(edited)

Next Arrowverse Crossover to Include Batwoman, Add the City of Gotham
By Matt Webb Mitovich / May 17 2018, 8:57 AM PDT
http://tvline.com/2018/05/17/arrow-flash-supergirl-legends-crossover-2018-batwoman-gotham/

This year’s Arrowverse crossover will be battier than ever, as Green Arrow, The Flash, Supergirl and the Legends of Tomorrow fight alongside… Batwoman.

“We will be doing another crossover event this fall on The CW [and] we will be introducing a new character. We will be fighting alongside Batwoman,” Arrow star Stephen Amell shared on Thursday at the network’s Upfronts event.

Speaking with TVLine earlier on the red carpet, Amell said that he knew all the details of the next crossover event (which will air in early December), adding that whereas in the past they have gone “big” — fighting aliens and Nazis from another Earth, for example — this time the premise would be “very specific.”

In turn, as one might surmise, “We’re adding the city of Gotham into the Arrowverse,” added CW president Mark Pedowitz, promising “another full-throttled action packed event.” Previously, Arrow once name-dropped Bruce Wayne, in an ad-lib suggested by Amell.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

Spoiler Room: Scoop on Arrow, The Blacklist, Once Upon a Time and more
NATALIE ABRAMS May 17, 2018 at 12:15 PM EDT
http://ew.com/tv/2018/05/17/spoiler-room-arrow-blacklist-once-upon-a-time/

Please offer up more scoop on The Flash finale! — Mason
As I previously revealed, there will be two cliffhangers at the end of the season, one of which Grant Gustin calls “one of the most exciting” the show has ever done, while the other is “one of the most dark and confusing.” Gustin clarifies, “When I say confusing, it’s more like, in Flash world you just desperately want to know, ‘What does this mean?’ The first one gets you really excited about what’s to come, then the second one probably is going to make your stomach hurt, and want the next season immediately.”
Anything Supergirl? — Jean
Now that someone has defected from Coville’s cult, she’ll arrive on Supergirl’s doorstep with a shocking revelation. “What she’s going to face is unnerving for her,” Melissa Benoist teases. “She saw the way they believed in her when they were worshiping Supergirl, but I think the train goes a little off the rails in this one, and it’s out of control, and now they’re worshiping Worldkillers, so it’s pretty sinister.”

5 minutes ago, scarynikki12 said:

I think that’s an unused season 3 poster. Otherwise Wally would be in it. Hope the Comic Con one is better. 

It can't be an unused season 3 poster, or else Constantine wouldn't be part of it.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Starfish35 said:

Sorry, Arrow fans, but I'm a bit disappointed at Arrow again being the key to the crossover.  Not surprised, but disappointed.  I was hoping for more from the Legends side this year.   Oh well.

I feel like I’ve missed something. How do we know Arrow is the key to the crossover?