Type keyword(s) to search

Mind Your Surroundings: Arrow, The Flash, Supergirl, Legends of Tomorrow and Other Superhero Universes

ArctisTor
  • Start Topic

I don't dislike him because he's reclusive. I dislike him for the shit he's said and done, being an introvert isn't an excuse for his shitty behavior. That said, I pretty much expect nothing good from most CW stars.

16 hours ago, Starfish35 said:

From TV Grim Reaper, final predictions for shows relevant to this thread:

• ABC  Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. (ABC)   likely canceled
  • ABC  Marvel's Inhumans (ABC)       likely canceled
  • CW   iZombie (WB)                            likely renewed
  • Fox   Gotham (WB)                            likely canceled
  • Fox   Lucifer (WB)                              likely renewed

Source:  Final Renewal / Cancellation Predictions

NO please don't Cancel Gotham! People who make the show have already said it's ending the season with a Massive Cliffhanger! 

7 hours ago, Sakura12 said:

They better renew Gotham, tonight's episode was amazing. We need at least one more season, even if it's a shortened one. 

Agreed it was so freaking good! RENEW GOTHAM!

• Love 3
14 hours ago, Primal Slayer said:

Is it bad to be reclusive? He gets along with his cast but probably needs alone time to recharge. 

For real. I listened to about half of the interview and didn't find anything wrong with anything he said. Maybe it's in the second half. *shrug*

• Love 1
(edited)

John Williams Honored With Special Award at 34th Annual BMI Film, TV & Visual Media Awards
Posted in News on May 10, 2018
https://www.bmi.com/news/entry/2018-bmi-film-tv-awards

BMI proudly held its 34th annual Film, TV & Visual Media Awards last night at the Beverly Wilshire Hotel in Beverly Hills, California. The private ceremony was hosted by Vice President Creative – Film, TV & Visual Media, Doreen Ringer-Ross and BMI President and CEO Mike O’Neill, who honored prolific composer John Williams with the John Williams Award in recognition of his incomparable status as one of the greatest film and television composers of our time.
BMI Film, TV & Visual Media Awards
BMI Film Music Awards

BLACK PANTHER
Ludwig Göransson
GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY VOL. 2
Tyler Bates

THOR: RAGNAROK
Mark Mothersbaugh

JUSTICE LEAGUE
Danny Elfman

AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR
Alan Silvestri
BMI Network Television Music Awards
THE FLASH
Nathaniel Blume
Blake Neely

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, jay741982 said:

NO please don't Cancel Gotham! People who make the show have already said it's ending the season with a Massive Cliffhanger! 

Oh that's too bad. :( I don't watch it, but I've been there, and I always feel awful for fans whose shows gets cancelled like that.  

I do hope it gets renewed for you guys' sake, but...I kind of get the feeling that Fox is cleaning house, since they got the Thursday Night Football rights this year.

• Love 1
(edited)

Gotham is about as crazy as LoT is. They just go wild with their storylines. It has been really good this season. We've gone from 13 year old Bruce finally to 17/18 year old Bruce. And seen the sweet love story between teen Bruce and Selina. We need to see his story finish with him becoming Batman, his city needs him. 

Edited by Sakura12
  • Love 5
(edited)

Was NCIS Good-Bye Good Wife-y? Should Fire Man Have 'Fessed Up? Why Wasn't Bang Bigger? And More TV Qs
By Vlada Gelman, Matt Webb Mitovich, Michael Ausiello, Andy Swift, Kimberly Roots, Dave Nemetz, Ryan Schwartz and Charlie Mason / May 11 2018, 10:51 AM PDT
http://tvline.com/2018/05/11/ncis-abbys-final-episode-asl-tv-questions-answers/

6 | After Supergirl‘s Alex received a new “suit” this week, is anyone else just itching to see her go full hero — secret identity, costume and all?
8 | Why do The Flash‘s assorted “councils” of Wells doppelgängers fail to amuse us as much as they should?
19 | Gotham fans, didn’t you always wonder if that ginormous clock tower would ever get blown up? And be honest: Wasn’t Jerome a better proto-Joker than monotone, stoic Jeremiah?

Edited by tv echo
(edited)

Natalie and Kyle discussed the latest eps of Supergirl, Flash and Arrow, as well as Gotham and Riverdale. Also, Natalie talked to the showrunners of Marvel's Agents of SHIELD this morning and said that their chances of renewal are currently 50/50. She also said that both Gotham and Lucifer were "on the bubble" and that we should get news about them "today"...

Entertainment Weekly - Superhero Insider Talks Riverdale, Gotham, Supergirl And More!
May 11, 2018  Natalie Abrams and Kyle Anderson

Superhero Insider: A shocking Luthor reveal, Amunet Black returns, and more
NATALIE ABRAMS and CHANCELLOR AGARD May 11, 2018 at 04:24 PM EDT
http://ew.com/tv/2018/05/11/superhero-insider-may-10/
Edited by tv echo

Lucifer Boss Laments: Now That We're Cancelled, Finale Will 'Frustrate' Fans

Co-showrunner Joe Henderson, amid a series of cancellation-related tweets on Friday afternoon, forewarned that because they ended the season in a way that begs for renewal —  as many “bubble” shows wisely do — the finale now runs the risk of frustrating viewers.

“We created a season finale with a huge cliffhanger so that there was no way Fox could cancel us,” he wrote. “Instead, we’re going to frustrate the hell out of you fans. I’m so sorry for that.”

I have to say, I disagree with Mitovich's use of the word "wisely".  

• Love 2
(edited)

New JUSTICE LEAGUE Logo Comes With JUNE Relaunch
By Chris Arrant, Editor  May 10, 2018 06:28am ET
https://www.newsarama.com/39860-new-justice-league-logo-coming-with-june-relaunch.html

June's relaunch of the Justice League title comes with a new logo.

As seen in the Justice League #1 blank variant at right, this new logo replaces the Justice League logo used in comic books since the 2011 "New 52" relaunch.

MTUyNTk1OTA0MQ==

Edited by tv echo

I have a lot of love for Lucifer from the first two seasons but I'm not surprised it was cancelled.  This season was went 180 degrees in quality and turned everyone (besides Dan) into pod people.  The bad part of this cancellation is that it makes the same happening for Gotham even more likely.  Stupid Fox for moving it to Thursdays.

• Love 1
(edited)
2 hours ago, Starfish35 said:

Lucifer Boss Laments: Now That We're Cancelled, Finale Will 'Frustrate' Fans

I have to say, I disagree with Mitovich's use of the word "wisely".  

I don't get that silly thinking! If your show is on the bubble find a way to wrap it up just in case it's cancelled. Don't do a Massive Cliffhanger thinking the network just has to continue your show. History has shown that doesn't always work! Take Quantam Leap for example 

30 minutes ago, scarynikki12 said:

I have a lot of love for Lucifer from the first two seasons but I'm not surprised it was cancelled.  This season was went 180 degrees in quality and turned everyone (besides Dan) into pod people.  The bad part of this cancellation is that it makes the same happening for Gotham even more likely.  Stupid Fox for moving it to Thursdays.

Take that Back LOL! Watch Gotham every week and love it. It's ending on a Massive Cliffhanger  per Creators so I'm gonna be Pissed if it's cancelled 

Edited by jay741982
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, Sakura12 said:

Gotham is about as crazy as LoT is. They just go wild with their storylines. It has been really good this season. We've gone from 13 year old Bruce finally to 17/18 year old Bruce. And seen the sweet love story between teen Bruce and Selina. We need to see his story finish with him becoming Batman, his city needs him. 

Gotham has been great for a few seasons now.  Even the first season when it was still finding it's footing ended up being really watchable.  And Bruce has gotten better and more compelling every year.  It started as Gordan's and the villain's show with occasional visits with Bruce but now I feel it's morphing more and more into Bruce's show and it works.  And the show still makes use of an incredibly deep galley of rouges.    

1 hour ago, Starfish35 said:

@BkWurm1, this one's for you. ;)

iZombie Renewed for Season 5

Lol, I should have hit this thread first.  Wohoo!  It's one of my few easy, makes me happy shows that still pulls great twists while letting me enjoy all the characters in the meantime. 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, jay741982 said:

I don't get that silly thinking! If your show is on the bubble find a way to wrap it up just in case it's cancelled. Don't do a Massive Cliffhanger thinking the network just has to continue your show. History has shown that doesn't always work! Take Quantam Leap for example 

Case in point:

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, KenyaJ said:

Case in point:

And Now CW bends over backwards to please her. I'd much rather have Wayward Sisters than Legacies and Reboots of Charmed and Roswell 

• Love 7
6 hours ago, Starfish35 said:

Co-showrunner Joe Henderson, amid a series of cancellation-related tweets on Friday afternoon, forewarned that because they ended the season in a way that begs for renewal —  as many “bubble” shows wisely do — the finale now runs the risk of frustrating viewers.

“We created a season finale with a huge cliffhanger so that there was no way Fox could cancel us,” he wrote. “Instead, we’re going to frustrate the hell out of you fans. I’m so sorry for that.”

If the frustration is going to be whether Lucifer and Chloe get together, I will happily imagine that they both got someone more appropriate.  While they worked well as partners, part of the downhill spiral is putting the characters together romantically.

And here's a thought:  other show runners have released the plan that they had for the season after the show got cancelled. Release that.

• Love 1
Just now, scarynikki12 said:

I saw him as I walked around and then when I got in line for Barrowman's panel (Legends was wrapping up) but I wasn't planning to approach him.  I'm sure we'll see Nora again though.

Was he dreamy in real life?

I wasn't close enough to really tell.  To me he looked like he does on tv but I'm sure he looks great up close.  When I got Barrowman's autograph* Katrina Law and Ramsey were on either side and close enough for me to confirm that they are both still far more good looking in person than on tv, if you can believe it.  Katee Sackhoff gets dolled up for cons so she looks a bit more glamorous than I expected as I always picture her as Kara Thrace.  Robin Lord Taylor was wearing a hat, casual clothes, and a big smile so that made him look more handsome than Pengy.  I'm assuming all the Walking Dead people look better since they're always sweaty and dirty on that show.  It does depend but I'm sure Routh looks great up close.

*If any of you have an opportunity to get Barrowman's autograph, no matter what you think of Merlyn or any of his characters, DO IT.  Just being in line is worth the price of admission because he tells stories to every single person and talks loud enough that everyone can easily hear.  There's a reason his panel was called John Barrowman Unleashed.  He just turns it on and doesn't stop.  It's the best.

• Love 6

Uber Producer Greg Berlanti Sets New Record With 13 On-Air Series

Berlanti Prods., which is under an overall deal at Warner Bros. TV, saw only one of its eight 2017-18 broadcast series canceled, ABC’s Deception, and added three new ones —  God Friended Me and The Red Line for CBS; and All American for the CW.

The company’s tally now includes All American, Arrow, Black Lightning, DC’s Legends ofTomorrow, The Flash, Riverdale and Supergirl for The CW; Blindspot for NBC; God Friended Me and The Red Line for CBS; Chilling Adventures of Sabrina for Netflix; Titans for the DC Universe digital service; and You for Lifetime.

• Love 1
(edited)

Apparently Gotham's renewal may come down to whether Lethal Weapon is able to find someone to replace Clayne Crawford.

Hollywood Reporter: Fox Cancellations Explained: Why So Many Shows Got the Ax

Of the bubble shows, Lethal Weapon is the priority as producers Warner Bros. TV are trying to hammer out a deal with a new star before Monday's upfront presentation. (Should that not work, Fox would renew the studio's DC Comics drama Gotham instead, sources say.)

ETA: I should have waited half an hour - Fox just announced they'd hired a new co-lead and renewed Lethal Weapon for season three.  No announcement yet about Gotham.

Edited by Starfish35
(edited)

From TVLine:

Gotham Renewed for Final Season That Promises to Reveal [ Spoiler ]

Young Bruce Wayne’s caped crusade will not be coming to an abrupt end after all.

In an 11th hour decision, Fox has renewed Gotham for a fifth and final season, TVLine has learned. An episode count remains TBD. The pickup will allow producers to properly “wrap up” the Batman prequel saga, with the final season focusing on Bruce Wayne’s transformation into the caped crusader

Edited by Starfish35
  • Love 3

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

deanyes.gif

dryes.gif

thoryes.gif

• Love 10

YESSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!! I was already preparing myself for the cancellation, especially after finding out that they were going ahead with Lethal Weapon, and after this absolutely blood cancellation season, but this is great news! 

• Love 3
(edited)

Hmm -- if the Felicity pregnancy

rumors are true, then I guess Berlanti's theme for the Arrow-verse shows next season is 'Progeny'. With (probably) Barry & Iris' child being a part of the next season, and now this; now I wonder whose kid will show up on Legends? And there has been speculation that Alex could become mother to Ruby on Supergirl, so it seems most of the shows would fit the theme.

Edited by raven
spoiler tags not needed
  • Love 1
4 minutes ago, Trini said:

And there has been speculation that Alex could become mother to Ruby on Supergirl, so it seems most of the shows would fit the theme.

I think that was the case, but with the spoiler breakdown of the rest of the season, it looks like Ruby's leaving the show as well, so nothing for Supergirl. Maybe it might just be Arrow and Flash.

9 minutes ago, way2interested said:

I think that was the case, but with the spoiler breakdown of the rest of the season, it looks like Ruby's leaving the show as well, so nothing for Supergirl. Maybe it might just be Arrow and Flash.

Hmm - I still hope they can bring back Jeremiah Danvers at some point; so him and Alex could fit the theme, too.

• Love 1

They can always reveal that Alex went and got artificially inseminated and didn't say anything until she got a positive result.  I wouldn't want that, as Supergirl especially is a show that does not need babies, but they made such a point of her saying she WANTS KIDS LIKE NOW, that I can see that being it.  Black Lightning already has parent-children dynamic so they're set.  I'd prefer LOT to focus on the found family aspect rather than bring in kids, so it can be the odd show out.

• Love 2
40 minutes ago, Trini said:

Hmm -- if the Felicity pregnancy

rumors are true, then I guess Berlanti's theme for the Arrow-verse shows next season is 'Progeny'. With (probably) Barry & Iris' child being a part of the next season, and now this; now I wonder whose kid will show up on Legends? And there has been speculation that Alex could become mother to Ruby on Supergirl, so it seems most of the shows would fit the theme.

It's not a rumour. David himself spoiled it to multiple people at the con. 

(edited)
18 minutes ago, Trini said:

Hmm - I still hope they can bring back Jeremiah Danvers at some point; so him and Alex could fit the theme, too.

I don't think that's happening, tbh. Honestly, at first I thought that Barry and Iris' daughter likely appearing and being revealed would mean that Iris would be revealed to be pregnant in the season finale. But now with Cecile having her baby in 423 and Dawn/Nora/whoever possibly being a recurring character in s5, I'm wondering if they might just have Iris not be pregnant and just have Barry and Iris go through the idea of having children as their couple plot for another season to have her be pregnant for the next season finale instead. Heck, if Felicity goes onto Flash again by herself, they might reference it for Iris just like they referenced Felicity and Oliver getting married while WestAllen were engaged. I'm actually thinking it might just be Arrow for this.

Edited by way2interested
  • Love 1
7 minutes ago, way2interested said:

I don't think that's happening, tbh. Honestly, at first I thought that Barry and Iris' daughter likely appearing and being revealed would mean that Iris would be revealed to be pregnant in the season finale. But now with Cecile having her baby in 423 and Dawn/Nora/whoever possibly being a recurring character in s5, I'm wondering if they might just have Iris not be pregnant and just have Barry and Iris go through the idea of having children as their couple plot for another season to have her be pregnant for the next season finale instead. Heck, if Felicity goes onto Flash again by herself, they might reference it for Iris just like they referenced Felicity and Oliver getting married while WestAllen were engaged. I'm actually thinking it might just be Arrow for this.

I also thought this would happen. It seemed like they were dropping hints earlier in the season, the biggest one being that "we need more diapers" line that Barry said after he came out of the speed force. They even had Cisco repeat it to make sure the audience noticed it. I figured that couldn't refer to anything else but their twins.

Now though? I don't know. It still seems to me like it would make sense if this mystery girl is waiting to reveal her identity until Iris is pregnant, so that she wouldn't jeopardize her own existence, sort of like Back to the Future or something. I also thought that if she were pregnant in the finale that would mean we could skip most of her pregnancy during the hiatus so that they'd only have to deal with it during the first third of the season, and then have her give birth during The Flash's 100th episode (that seems fitting).

On the other hand, Cecile having a baby in the finale makes the timing of an Iris pregnancy odd if it's immediately after. And now with this Arrow spoiler, I'm not sure having two pregnancy storylines on the superhero shows at the same time would be something the network or Berlanti would want (although obviously it doesn't have to be exactly concurrent).

I wonder if the plan was originally to have Iris be pregnant in the finale and this was something they changed after AJK left.

Just now, ruby24 said:

I wonder if the plan was originally to have Iris be pregnant in the finale and this was something they changed after AJK left.

That could be, since there's also the same theory going around about Supergirl's possible plot/finale changes after AK left. Not that it was necessarily because they were his ideas being the reason they changed them (goodness knows I actually would probably prefer his original concept for Supergirl's finale than how it's going to end now) but more of that was the original breakdown of the season and the writers just went in a different direction and the person who originally conceived the idea of the season wasn't there anymore to push it or guide it.