Type keyword(s) to search

Mind Your Surroundings: Arrow, The Flash, Supergirl, Legends of Tomorrow and Other Superhero Universes

ArctisTor
  • Start Topic

Just now, Lady Calypso said:

Infinitely better. They correct the mistakes of season 1 and basically start enjoying themselves as a show from that point on.

Cool. Because I did actually watch the first two episodes of s1 back when it first started and I just could not get to grips with it. But I shall persevere! 

So, while all this was going on, Legends had everything from the team dealing with their grief over Martin to dealing with a bunch of Vikings worshiping a Furby type toy as a god, and I drowned in feelings because those goobers love each other so much. Because LoT is awesome and everyone should be watching it. 

Edited by tennisgurl
  • Love 11
2 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

Is it possible to just not watch S1 at all and still be able to follow?

I would watch the last 3 eps of s1 to get you to s2 without being confused.

1 minute ago, WindofChange said:

I skipped to 201 and Oliver being there is a nice segue lol

That was a really pleasant surprise for me

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

Is it possible to just not watch S1 at all and still be able to follow?

6 minutes ago, leopardprint said:

Ok, can I start LOT from Season 2? 

Yes. Season 1 had some good moments here and there (much of Snart, a big Mick Rory reveal three quarters into the season, some Rip Hunter background, some great Sara moments), but you won't really miss anything if you start on season 2. 

• Love 2

Based on Barry's reaction, I think Iris has been harping on the wedding a lot.

How about this:

Barry could have asked her how she felt after they open the present. Then she gets to explain that she's super happy for Olicity and after everything that happened she's just glad they all got their happy ending. And then he says, but I know you must have been disappointed not to have your big wedding. And then he promises another celebration. Which they do after their mandatory break up separation.

Why do these writers suck so much?

Edited by Chaser
  • Love 7
6 minutes ago, leopardprint said:

Ok, can I start LOT from Season 2? 

You can, but you should probably at least watch the last few episodes of season 1. Season 1 is very flawed, but still enjoyable, and you can appropriate the character development more watching from the start. If you have time, I say start at the beginning! 

• Love 1

You do not have to watch S1. At all. Some of it's really really good but S2 is a micro reboot. People coming in completely blind will find it easy to get the characters even not knowing any history. Imo. 

The Flash writers really love crapping all over Iris's character. I loved the Felicity and Iris team up last week and then they turn around and have her badmouth her supposed friend behind her back.  The flash loves to shade arrow characters all the time for silly stuff, but the Barry faces no consequences for erasing a baby from existence and letting a known killer/nazi get away. Since Iris is being petty, I'm secretly glad that Barry was framed for murder tonight.

• Love 11
27 minutes ago, Primal Slayer said:

Wasn't Baby Sara on the Arrow writers? 

Yes. Unfortunately it was because they had to show Flashpoint affected Arrow since it’s a shared universe. So it’s still on Barry. :)

• Love 3
Just now, Sunshine said:

Yes. Unfortunately it was because they had to show Flashpoint affected Arrow since it’s a shared universe. So it’s still on Barry. :)

Of course in show its on Barry lol but outside, MG and co called the shots for what changes had to be made.

• Love 2
12 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

I'd already decided after the crossover I was going to marathon LOT at some point but I think I'm gonna try to watch over Christmas now. It looks fun. You say it gets better after s1, right?

Great choice! Its a really good show to binge, because you can get through their season 1 growing pains quickly, and the episodes are so enjoyable (especially by season 2) that they're easy to buzz through. Enjoy! Merry Beebo! The show gets MUCH better after cutting the dead weight of Savage and the Hawks at the end of the first season, and they just started focusing on fun adventures and character building. Its a blast, but it also hits you in the Feels. 

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, GigiM said:

The Flash writers really love crapping all over Iris's character. I loved the Felicity and Iris team up last week and then they turn around and have her badmouth her supposed friend behind her back.  

They really did her a disservice tonight. Girl was more bitter towards Felicity than the actual NAZIS who crashed her wedding. Yikes. That is so so bad. 

7 minutes ago, Primal Slayer said:

Of course in show its on Barry lol but outside, MG and co called the shots for what changes had to be made.

And everything in any show is all on the writers. So how do we talk about the characters and plots? LOL I have the same argument about SPN writing. Do we blame the characters or the writers. LOL

• Love 2

You can start LOT with season 2 if you want but season 1 had some really good stuff: Mick’s arc, Sara and Snart’s growing friendship and his crush, the visit to the future with Old Man Oliver, and Snart finding the hero within. I personally loved Kendra but I’m in the minority so I won’t try to sell her. 

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, tennisgurl said:

Great choice! Its a really good show to binge, because you can get through their season 1 growing pains quickly, and the episodes are so enjoyable (especially by season 2) that they're easy to buzz through. Enjoy! Merry Beebo! The show gets MUCH better after cutting the dead weight of Savage and the Hawks at the end of the first season, and they just started focusing on fun adventures and character building. Its a blast, but it also hits you in the Feels. 

Stein's death really hit me in the feels in the crossover, which I wasn't expecting because I have no connection or investment in them, having not watched. 

Mainly I just want to watch something fun!

If you want fun, this is the right place to look @Angel12d its just pure superhero fun mixed with a period piece. But, as I said, be warned of feels. Its not usually overly angsty for angst sake, but the characters are so likable that it hurts when bad things happen to them! 

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, ruby24 said:

Let's be honest, that line came from Flash writers who CLEARLY hated what happened with the double wedding and had no say in the matter. This was their mini-revenge, imo.

And they fucked over Iris to do it. Some revenge. LOL

• Love 13
7 minutes ago, ruby24 said:

Let's be honest, that line came from Flash writers who CLEARLY hated what happened with the double wedding and had no say in the matter. This was their mini-revenge, imo.

Haha, and they threw Iris under the bus to do it. YIKES. 

It's ok Iris doesn't have friends anymore so I guess it's a win win?

ANYWAYS I WANT TO TALK ABOUT WHY THE WRITERS THOUGHT IT WAS OK FOR WHITE MEN TO PURCHASE A BLACK MAN AT AN AUCTION

Edited by WindofChange
  • Love 11
3 minutes ago, WindofChange said:

This is everything that's wrong with stans and journalism... mostly want to focus on Iris being petty because they feel vindicated/ because they want clicks but don't see where the real issues lay. The Flash writers why the fuck would you think having 3 white men purchase a black man BE A GOOD IDEA!? 

Oh god, right. Why are we even discussing Iris' gift registry comment when THIS is definitely something worth talking about?

No, seriously. I feel like this needs to be discussed. Poor guy has basically been auctioned off, mindraped, and possibly killed. But if he's not dead, then he's literally enslaved and he got the GET OUT treatment with being trapped in the Sunken Place. 

• Love 8
6 minutes ago, ruby24 said:

The Flash Arrow and Legends showrunners all said only the other week that Greg Berlanti and the writers all discussed and came up with the double wedding last year after the last crossover had finished. So I doubt this was revenge.

I think it comes from the same crappy writing as #hashtagfeminism and men calling women by their cup size and Iris predominant storyline this season seeming to be for the most part to be a bridezilla. 

• Love 16
10 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

Oh god, right. Why are we even discussing Iris' gift registry comment when THIS is definitely something worth talking about?

No, seriously. I feel like this needs to be discussed. Poor guy has basically been auctioned off, mindraped, and possibly killed. But if he's not dead, then he's literally enslaved and he got the GET OUT treatment with being trapped in the Sunken Place. 

I was saving to watch the flash tomorrow but only watched the Iris scene tonight because everyone was talkign about it... The fact that NO ONE is talking about this blatant racism is beyond me. 

People talk about how Barry/Iris not having a love scene or being shown as intimate is racist but not this??? I just wanna know why oh my god. 

This is beyond disgusting and I'm so surprised no one is talking about it because of how blatantly racist it is. SORRY I MENTIONED THIS TWICE BUT I'M SO CONFUSED.

Edited by WindofChange
  • Love 2
15 minutes ago, ruby24 said:

They didn't fuck over Iris. The majority of anyone who saw that episode thought Oliver and Felicity were obnoxious jerks to do what they did.

The majority? Nah...50/50 at best

• Love 1

I really doubt that. Leaving shippers aside, average viewers watched that and thought, who interrupts somebody else's ceremony literally at the moment they're about to be pronounced?

• Love 3

I just realized the guy playing Brainstorm is Kendrick Sampson who was Max on SPN. He's a really good actor. I hope he comes back to SPN

1 minute ago, ruby24 said:

I really doubt that. Leaving shippers aside, average viewers watched that and thought, who interrupts somebody else's ceremony literally at the moment they're about to be pronounced?

If you have some stats, I'm all ears. I've seen pretty equal responses

• Love 3
16 minutes ago, ruby24 said:

They didn't fuck over Iris. The majority of anyone who saw that episode thought Oliver and Felicity were obnoxious jerks to do what they did.

Interesting. Which organization did the polling?

Can I just say how grateful I am that the Arrow writers are giving Olicity their own reception in response to the double wedding? All this dessert. It's the season for giving.

11 minutes ago, WindofChange said:

I was saving to watch the flash tomorrow but only watched the Iris scene tonight because everyone was talkign about it... The fact that NO ONE is talking about this blatant racism is beyond me. 

People talk about how Barry/Iris not having a love scene or being shown as intimate is racist but not this??? I just wanna know why oh my god. 

This is beyond disgusting and I'm so surprised no one is talking about it because of how blatantly racist it is. SORRY I MENTIONED THIS TWICE BUT I'M SO CONFUSED.

What happened? 

• Love 9

As someone that doesn't ship, I do think Felicity should've waited for Diggle to finish marrying Barry and Iris before asking, but in the long run I don't care about either couple so it didn't really bother me. There was so much else to enjoy and mourn about in the crossover. My attention was focused on those things. 

However my decision to drop the Flash seems to have been the correct choice. I'll take a knock off Furby God over the stretchy guy any day. 

Edited by Sakura12
  • Love 4
3 minutes ago, ruby24 said:

ETA: They could have let Iris get some kind of revenge in a much better way that didn't make her look petty. Like having her say "I'm not bitter" was ridiculous.

1 minute ago, Chaser said:

What happened? 

Apparently a black man was auctioned off to 3 white men where then he was mindraped and his mind and body was taken over by DeVoe (a white man) the main villain of the season, he's pretty much enslaved. 

Oh my god.

• Love 6
2 minutes ago, WindofChange said:

Apparently a black man was auctioned off to 3 white men where then he was mindraped and his mind and body was taken over by DeVoe (a white man) the main villain of the season, he's pretty much enslaved. 

Oh my god.

Thanks for the recap. I think.

ugh 

• Love 3
1 minute ago, WindofChange said:

I feel like I should also mention that DeVoe is the Big Bad of the season, and this is all supposed to be an evil and horrible thing that he`s doing, and part of an evil plan to enslave meta humans so he can use their bodies/powers.  Its not like the show is endorsing this or anything. I mean, The Flash definitely has its issues, but I dont want people thinking its pro slavery or something. 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Primal Slayer said:

At least in other news, the obvious was made obvious tonight. LoT is moving to Mondays. Why they are making us suffer a 2 month wait just so they can finish off Valor is beyond me.

I just saw that the promo says Legends returns Monday February 12th. 

• Love 2
30 minutes ago, tennisgurl said:

I mean, The Flash definitely has its issues, but I dont want people thinking its pro slavery or something. 

They auctioned off a black man to white people. Yes DeVoe is evil, but holy shit is this as tone deaf as Arrow having Dahrk put Felicity in a gas chamber

Edited by WindofChange
  • Love 10

Digby is AWFUL. Who thinks that is a character anyone wants to see? Like he's not even hateable for fun. He's just obnoxious and not funny and I want to punch him the face.

1 minute ago, Sakura12 said:

I just saw that the promo says Legends returns Monday February 12th. 

Where is Black Lightning going?

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, WindofChange said:

Oh my god.

I'm so glad I don't watch this show. Yikes x infinity. 

3 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

Digby is AWFUL. Who thinks that is a character anyone wants to see? Like he's not even hateable for fun. He's just obnoxious and not funny and I want to punch him the face.

Where is Black Lightning going?

On Tuesdays after the Flash.

I'm surprised they got a slave auction in so soon as a comment, or is it just a coincidence?  That footage of the auction in Libya is horrifying.  (Also horrifying is that it's being dismissed as "fake news" because it was obtained by a CNN reporter.)

2 hours ago, ruby24 said:

Ha ha, I love it. That interruption was rude as shit and Barry and Iris knew it.

The interruption was horrible, right?  And those Nazis didn't even send wedding presents afterwards!

2 hours ago, Angel12d said:

Also, Iris, that impromptu ceremony wasn't your wedding day so STFU.

I also didn't realize it was a crime to get a gift that wasn't on the registry. Wow. They sound like awful entitled people. Haha. 

That's what's so bizarre, it wasn't her wedding day.  It was a totally impromptu ceremony that wouldn't even have been happening if Felicity hadn't suggested Diggle to officiate. And honestly, Iris made Felicity wear (and probably buy) that horrible bridesmaid's dress.  The slate is balanced forever because Felicity agreed to do it.

Most of my wedding presents didn't come from my registry And I was grateful for every one.

I put it down to frustration that Iris has so little power in her life, she's channelling Fascinating Femininity, which taught that even though your husband makes the decisions like where you live or what car the family has, you get to choose what to have for dinner.  Back to t he 1950s.

2 hours ago, apinknightmare said:

Considering the circumstances of the double wedding and Iris's bitterness over it aren't actual plot points on these shows, if they wanted to address it on Flash they could've just had Felicity and Oliver sending over a gift as an apology for the interruption and gone about it that way. 

I got interrupted ... did Iris and Barry say what they got Oliver and Felicity for a present?

2 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

Iris is still great in my eyes.

I still like Iris but this was such a stupid move.  The best thing Iris has done for the past two (three?) seasons was the team-up with Felicity and they just ruined all the goodwill from that.

I thought the purpose of the crossovers was to bring viewers in to the shows they're not watching.  Anyone who decided to watch The Flash or even give it another chance after seeing the great Iris of the crossover would be seriously turned off right now.

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 10
Just now, WindofChange said:

They auctioned off a black man to 3 white men. Yes DeVoe is evil, but holy shit is this as tone deaf as Arrow having Dahrk put Felicity in a gas chamber

Hold on, which guys are we talking about? I know DeVoe is the main evil white guy, but I thought he was sold by Evil British Starbuck to Devoes wife? Was there another guy involved, or were they just Evil Starbucks henchmen? I really dont remember there being three white guys.