Type keyword(s) to search

Mind Your Surroundings: Arrow, The Flash, Supergirl, Legends of Tomorrow and Other Superhero Universes

ArctisTor
  • Start Topic

So apparently, in an interview with Rotten Tomatoes, Klemmer mentioned we will be seeing Constantine performing an exorcism. And a Freaky Friday setup...which better involve Brandon Routh and Dominic Purcell switching characters, or what is really the point??

• Love 8

Netflix May Be Delaying 'The Punisher' In The Wake Of The Las Vegas Shooting

https://www.forbes.com/sites/insertcoin/2017/10/06/netflix-may-be-delaying-the-punisher-in-the-wake-of-the-las-vegas-shooting/#52a851af5f02

This week, Marvel and Netflix decided to pull the panel for the upcoming Punisher series from NYCC, citing its proximity to the recent Las Vegas mass shooting. The Punisher, a brutal, assault rifle-toting antihero with no qualms about killing his enemies, seemed like the wrong character to focus on just days after 59 people were gunned down at a concert by a man with 23 guns amassed in his hotel room.

Now, rumor has it that Netflix may be going a step further, and is delaying The Punisher’s actual release. That tip comes from TV critic Verne Gay, who has gotten word that the series itself will be delayed until later this fall. Netflix, for its part, has said “We never announced a premiere date and have not yet,” not addressing the potential delay directly.

But despite that statement, the release date for The Punisher had allegedly leaked a few weeks ago, glimpsed in the pages of MCU Exchange which said the show would be released a week from today on Friday, October 13th, which would have put it out two weeks ahead of Netflix's premiere of Stranger Things season 2 on the 27th. It seems possible that this was going to be announced at NYCC, or Netflix may have just pulled one if it’s “surprise, the entire series is out!” moves, which they’ve done from time to time on the day of release.

There’s no word on when The Punisher may actually arrive now, but “late fall” is assuredly sometime in November, which will give it some distance from this tragedy (assuming there’s no new tragedy yet to come).

Just now, Miss Dee said:

And a Freaky Friday setup...which better involve Brandon Routh and Dominic Purcell switching characters, or what is really the point??

What about Ray and Nate?? They have such a bromance, it would be hilarious!!11!1

Also Klammer basically confirmed Stein dying in that interview right?

You can’t say much about the crossover, but what can you say about how everybody’s going to come together?

Getting to do the final episode is a huge treat. This season more than last, they’re all like part of a two-hour movie and, which means that we have the gigantic third act Avengers fight in the middle of the city. We also get to do the most tragic and heart-wrenching part of the story, which is weird ’cause normally we’re the funny show. We’re supposed to be the silly goofballs traveling through time, but just the way the story broke this year, we deal with the most heart-wrenching moment of [the episode]. The whole point of doing this show is doing something new every week, and with the crossover the new thing that we try on is tragedy.

https://editorial.rottentomatoes.com/article/how-arrow-the-flash-supergirl-legends-of-tomorrow-save-the-day-in-2017/3/

• Love 1

Sounds like they are shooting a scene with Tom Cavanagh (probably as evil reverse Flash?) but aren't sure whether he'll be available, so he says if it doesn't work out he should use a body double instead. Apparently his character uses the line "How many times have I killed you"

Edited by tofutan
  • Love 1

I'm so hoping that if they do delay Punisher, sorry for those looking forward to it,  that they will move Jessica Jones season 2 up in the release schedule.  That would make my year. 

1 hour ago, Primal Slayer said:

tMTRLRHxRFUu-RCxh7jsE0rrUyjHivl_AhZ4Tb5C

What does it mean....

Haha, how does one accidentally tweet 7 times? Is this some weird kind of app that he thought was a text or DM? 

Why can't he accidentally tweet some good spoilers instead? ?

Just now, LeighAn said:

Is that someone who's grabbed a screenshot of Marc's dms or something? Cause that's not on his twitter feed. If so that's kind of hack-ery. 

I think someone just saw it in time and took a screenshot of them before MG went and deleted them lol.

4 hours ago, way2interested said:

What about Ray and Nate?? They have such a bromance, it would be hilarious!!11!1

Too similar for me. It'd be funnier/more interesting if it was two very different personalities. Ray and Mick are about as different as you can get.

Although...Mick and Stein would also be a complete blast. Garber being grubby and surly? Purcell being fussy and spluttery?

Damn, now I'm torn.

ETA: Ah, it's Jax and Stein. That should be good too.

Edited by Miss Dee
Prompted by a more careful reading of the text.
  • Love 1
Just now, Miss Dee said:

Too similar for me. It'd be funnier/more interesting if it was two very different personalities. Ray and Mick are about as different as you can get.

Sorry, it was sarcasm from the writers' new excitement for writing Ray and Nate instead of Ray and Mick for some reason. I very much want Ray and Mick, although Sakura12 mentioned that it's Jax and Stein, which I still think could be fun.

• Love 2

Supergirl filming notice for Oct. 11 at 1022 Nelson Street - includes filming outside of St. Andrews Wesley United Church: "Scenes of people fleeing a wedding are filmed on all sides of this church." 
DLks3X5WsAABo1R.jpg 
(source)

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 4

Constantine To Appear On DC's 'Legends Of Tomorrow'
by Jenna Anderson | October 8, 2017
http://comicbook.com/dc/2017/10/08/legends-of-tomorrow-season-3-john-constantine-matt-ryan/

It's official! DCTV fan-favorite John Constantine is headed to Legends of Tomorrow.

ComicBook.com has learned that Matt Ryan will reprise his role as Constantine in an episode of the hit The CW series. As of now, it is currently unknown exactly where his appearance will fall in Legends' third season, or what will bring him with the show's ragtag group of heroes.
Constantine's arrival has since been supported by Klemmer, when he told Rotten Tomatoes that fans could expect to see "John Constantine doing an exorcism" in the third season of Legends.

• Love 4

Does anyone else find it weird that Barry and Iris are getting married in a church? Neither one of them has ever mentioned or been shown going to church ever (or the family), so, I don't know. Maybe they just want the image of the iconic "church wedding" despite not being religious.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Lily-n11 said:

This is just..... accurate.  ???

Lololololol ?

That was accurate af. Barry this is why people hate you. I feel like those guys are this threads spirit animals haha. Also "sister fiancée" ha! 

• Love 8
5 hours ago, Lily-n11 said:

This is just..... accurate.  ???

That was very satisfying.  I thought it was going to be the same Honest trailer that I'd seen a long time ago but this was up to date and I adore them for the time they spent on why Killer Frost makes no sense.  The premise of the sound guy questioning the voice over at the beginning was very funny as well.  

• Love 1

That Flash Honest Trailer is great. Dad-boss and sister-fiancée. Lol. 

I'm glad LoT finally got Matt Ryan to appear. A season about magic wouldn't be complete without Constantine. I hope he gets a scene with Sara since he's the reason she got her soul back. 

• Love 5

I have a former co worker I would love to send that trailer too. He's in the FLASH IS THE GREATEST HERO EVER camp. At least we agree the whole sisterly fiancée relationship is weird.

28 minutes ago, wingster55 said:

Except....only half so. And the sister remark is bullshit and seeping with racism. 

Except this is a line literally spoken by Iris in the show:

Even though we pretty much grew up in the same house together, and we're kind of like brother and sister, because we're not brother and sister, it can get really weird and awkward to talk to me about girls.

It’s a weird way to set up a destiny romance, which is the joke. Nothing racist about it. 

• Love 20
2 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

Even though we pretty much grew up in the same house together, and we're kind of like brother and sister, because we're not brother and sister, it can get really weird and awkward to talk to me about girls.

It’s a weird way to set up a destiny romance, which is the joke. Nothing racist about it. 

And it's not like this is Game of Thrones either.

31 minutes ago, wingster55 said:

Except....only half so. And the sister remark is bullshit and seeping with racism. 

The show has never shown or said their relationship is a sibling one; besides the fact they've spent most of their lives NOT living together in the same household. People see what they want to see.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Trini said:

The show has never shown or said their relationship is a sibling one; besides the fact they've spent most of their lives NOT living together in the same household. People see what they want to see.

One of Iris’s first comments on the show - to Barry - was that they were like brother and sister. So...yeah, they did. 

• Love 9
5 minutes ago, Trini said:

How do you figure?  Barry moved in with the Wests when he was what?  8? So At least 10 years until he left for college and then since the show has started so that's at least almost another 2-3 years and I don't think the years Barry wouldn't even remember (from like 0-4) count much so yeah, more of his life would have been living with Iris and Joe than he could remember not living with them.   

Edited by BkWurm1
  • Love 12
7 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

I'm at the point where I believe there are two versions of The Flash out there, one that has this scene and all the Father/Son scenes with Joe and Barry and one that doesn't. 

• Love 11
2 minutes ago, Trini said:

Key phrase.

Nah, the key phrase is that Iris herself said that she and Barry were like brother and sister. It doesn’t matter that they weren’t - because she thought of him that way. 

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 10

So Barry refers to Joe as his dad because he lived with him since he was 8 or 9 but we have to go with Iris is not his sister because he lived with her since he was 8 or 9?

Okay I'll fix it. "Foster Sister-Fiancee" 

Edited by Sakura12
  • Love 20

I'm kind of perplexed at the idea that Barry and Iris didn't spend most of their formative years living together as essentially siblings. They did and Iris acknowledges it in dialogue. I just assumed folks who are supportive of WestAllen don't care that they were raised more or less as siblings.

• Love 12
1 minute ago, BkWurm1 said:

How do you figure?  Barry moved in with the Wests when he was what?  8? So At least 10 years until he left for college and then since the show has started so that's at least almost another 3 years and I don't think the years Barry wouldn't even remember (from like 0-4) count much so yeah, more of his life would have been living with Iris and Joe than he could remember not living with them.   

The info is in the Pilot. Barry spent more years NOT living with Joe and Iris than with. Barry and iris had a friend relationship since before he moved in with the Wests.

• Love 1

One of Iris’s first comments on the show - to Barry - was that they were like brother and sister. So...yeah, they did. 

She said it may seem like that but that they weren't actually brother and sister. Meaning she never considered him as a brother and he certainly never thought that she was like a sister. 

Barry moved in with the Wests when he was what?  8?

Eleven. 

Right at the 1 minute mark. 

So Barry refers to Joe as his dad because he lived with him since he was 8 or 9 but we have to go with Iris is not his sister because he lived with her since he was 8 or 9?

Again, eleven but Barry didn't even consider Joe a father figure until the end of the second episode. They had an actual conversation about it. Joe's belief that Henry killed Nora caused them to have that wall between them that didn't go away until Joe discovered Barry's abilities. 

Edited by wingster55
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, wingster55 said:

She said it may seem like that but that they weren't actually brother and sister. Meaning she never considered him as a brother and he certainly never thought that she was like a sister. 

Eleven. 

Right at the 1 minute mark. 

Why would it seem that way if that’s not how she thought of him/their situation? 

It's still Joe raised Barry as a son along with his daughter Iris and Iris as even said "dad's home" or "where's dad" to Barry. How are we not going to see that as them being raised has a brother and sister? They share a dad, which then makes them at least foster brother and sister. It's not incest since they are not blood related but it's still a weird thing to do with your romantic leads. 

• Love 13

Iris said it was confusing because they were like brother and sister even though they weren't brother and sister. I guess it really just matters if being like brother and sister and behaving with one another like brother and sister matters more than them not being related. For me, the first part matters more than the second part. Obviously, it doesn't matter to Iris and Barry so...whatever floats their boat I guess. Not my cuppa.  I'll take Iris and Eddie any day of the week, though.

• Love 5
13 minutes ago, Sakura12 said:

Having a father figure is one thing. They've shown/said that Barry has been in love with Iris since before he moved in -- there's no sibling relationship from his side. And Iris has said they're "best friends" several times.

Edited by Trini
  • Love 3
Just now, catrox14 said:

Iris said it was confusing because they were like brother and sister even though they weren't brother and sister. I guess it really just matters if being like brother and sister and behaving with one another like brother and sister matters more than them not being related. For me, the first part matters more than the second part. Obviously, it doesn't matter to Iris and Barry so...whatever floats their boat I guess. Not my cuppa.  I'll take Iris and Eddie any day of the week, though.

If she didn’t think of him like a brother, she never would’ve said “we’re kind of like brother and sister.” She’d just say that even though they grew up in the same house together, they aren’t brother and sister. Seems pretty simple to me? I mean, if I shipped it I’d want to remove it from memory too since it’s a weird way to go, but people making brother/sister comments are doing it because the show does it too. 

• Love 12

Why would it seem that way if that’s not how she thought of him/their situation? 

Outsiders perspective. Plus nothing in their interactions from 1x01 to present says that they see each other in that way. 

Even if Iris hadn't said it, it still would have come up in boards like these. 

And it's not like this is Game of Thrones either.

No, it's more like Clueless where the main pairing seems widely accepted. 

• Love 1
47 minutes ago, Trini said:

The info is in the Pilot. Barry spent more years NOT living with Joe and Iris than with. Barry and iris had a friend relationship since before he moved in with the Wests.

I remember the pilot and I am not arguing that Barry and Iris weren't friends before they then grew up together in the same household.  But even if he joined the West household at 11 (although I would have sworn on The Flash they have him younger)  that still puts Barry living with Iris at Joe's house for 7 years before college and during college he was still coming home to Joes and then living with Joe and Iris after he was an adult.  So still most of his life.

45 minutes ago, wingster55 said:

Again, eleven but Barry didn't even consider Joe a father figure until the end of the second episode. They had an actual conversation about it. Joe's belief that Henry killed Nora caused them to have that wall between them that didn't go away until Joe discovered Barry's abilities. 

I'm not sure I agree with this interpretation, that it was only after Joe believed his dad was innocent that he considered him a father figure, but I definitely think that Barry has indicated since then that he does see Joe as the father he grew up with.  

• Love 6
6 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

If she didn’t think of him like a brother, she never would’ve said “we’re kind of like brother and sister.” She’d just say that even though they grew up in the same house together, they aren’t brother and sister. Seems pretty simple to me? I mean, if I shipped it I’d want to remove it from memory too since it’s a weird way to go, but people making brother/sister comments are doing it because the show does it too. 

Oh I agree. I don't ship it. And the show did IMO make a mistake of making them even  quasi-foster siblings. It's hard to walk it back now for this viewer. It's squicky for me.

7 minutes ago, wingster55 said:

No, it's more like Clueless where the main pairing seems widely accepted. 

Sorry I don't understand what Clueless has to do with this. But I also haven't watched Clueless forever so I'm not following the analogy. For me, the show having Iris acknowledge there was even a hint of a quasi sibling relationship makes WestAllen a big nope for me. JMHO