Type keyword(s) to search

Mind Your Surroundings: Arrow, The Flash, Supergirl, Legends of Tomorrow and Other Superhero Universes

ArctisTor
  • Start Topic

1 minute ago, statsgirl said:

What's a Lana move?  (I didn't watch Smallville.)

In season six of Smallville, right before her wedding to Lex, Lana wanted to confirm that Clark was really an alien because he never would tell her the truth, so she locked Chloe in somewhere, and hid and watched when Clark sped in and used his powers to get her out.

Speaking of alternative ships. Not going to lie back when Supergirl was on CBS I shipped the idea of Kara/Barry based on the cuteness of bts Melissa and Grant in gifs I'd seen haha. And even as terribad as Barry is @statsgirl would he be an improvement on Mon El? 

Yeah I ship Barry and Kara - they're cute as puppies together.  

I actually did ship Barry and Patty together though - I liked them, although I wish they hadn't had her pull that stunt at the end.  I wish Barry had told her the truth without that though.

• Love 3
11 minutes ago, Starfish35 said:

Yeah I ship Barry and Kara - they're cute as puppies together.  

I actually did ship Barry and Patty together though - I liked them, although I wish they hadn't had her pull that stunt at the end.  I wish Barry had told her the truth without that though.

This was the gif that had me going awwwe 

s6mxj-UpXhjx.gif

Haha. 

7 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

Barry sucks no matter what the situation is. 

Probably accurate.

• Love 1
32 minutes ago, Primal Slayer said:

They can't appease comic fans. But I was just being sarcastic so nothing insightful. 

Arrow can't appease comic fans, so that's why the CW doesn't care about It anymore? Why try to cloak it in sarcasm? It's certainly an observation that I've heard often from comic fans. Along with the insistence that comic book shows are only made for them, and the rest of us should go watch Vampire Diaries. 

Just now, lemotomato said:

Arrow can't appease comic fans, so that's why the CW doesn't care about It anymore? Why try to cloak it in sarcasm? It's certainly an observation that I've heard often from comic fans. Along with the insistence that comic book shows are only made for them, and the rest of us should go watch Vampire Diaries. 

Because there is nothing to cloak.

1 hour ago, leopardprint said:

I should clarify I mean olicity still getting married but not having a wedding.

I tend to agree with you. I'm thinking just a tiny ceremony with hearts eyes galore and I may just die!

They already did the big dress, the venue, the engagement party, the glitter. 

This time I'm thinking it'll be small. 

Don't let me down WM!!!! Make it as epic as "Well let's not say goodbye." But obviously not tragic!

• Love 1

I'm really curious as to why The CW seems to be rushing WestAllen, if the spec regarding the crossover wedding is true. To marry the main ship during the fourth season of a show that could possibly last 7 years, if not more, seems a bit fast, isn't it? @quarks, any thoughts, insight into what Berlanti and Co. are thinking?

• Love 1
14 minutes ago, SmallScreenDiva said:

I'm really curious as to why The CW seems to be rushing WestAllen, if the spec regarding the crossover wedding is true. To marry the main ship during the fourth season of a show that could possibly last 7 years, if not more, seems a bit fast, isn't it? @quarks, any thoughts, insight into what Berlanti and Co. are thinking?

My thought is that they want to bring Bart Allen on the show eventually and they're probably going to have him be Barry and Iris's son instead of grandson. So they'll want them to be married before that happens. They also have the Tornado Twins and other descendants from Barry and Iris's Flash family line- characters from the comics that can be used once the two are married.

Edited by ruby24
  • Love 4
23 minutes ago, ruby24 said:

My thought is that they want to bring Bart Allen on the show eventually and they're probably going to have him be Barry and Iris's son instead of grandson. So they'll want them to be married before that happens.

I don't understand, why do Barry and Iris have to be married in order to have kids? 

Edited by lemotomato
  • Love 7
40 minutes ago, SmallScreenDiva said:

It depends whether the wedding actually leads to WestAllen being married? It could easily be a wedding that gets interrupted/called off 

• Love 2
40 minutes ago, SmallScreenDiva said:

If the main theme of the show was the relationship drama, I could see them drawing it out; but since they always had a plan to get them together eventually, I don't think the fourth season is too soon. Especially when they've already gone through several love interests for both halves of the couple.

Since Barry and Iris had decided to start dating at the end of Season 2, I had expected a wedding by the end of Season 4. What's surprising to me is them getting married this early in the season - that is, if they actually get married during the crossover.

Then there's the fact that The Flash in general tends to run through story beats pretty quickly anyway.

• Love 1

I had also predicted the end of Season 4, but that was mainly because I had originally predicted a proposal in or near the finale of Season 3, and it came much earlier. So they're about a third of a season ahead of my predictions for them in general.

• Love 1

It seems weird because it's how tv writers usually approach their main couples, even on shows that have less relationship drama than The Flash that had its fair amount. I would find it a change in positive if they decided not to wait for once until the viewers are fed up with the will they/won't they but until I see it I'm 50/50 on the wedding not getting interrupted.

To bring in Iris and Barry's kids (unless we are talking babies/little kids) wouldn't they have to age them quite a bit? Or they could bring them over from another TL as grown ups and have Barry and Iris have them towards the end to have it both ways..as grown ups they can have their own SL and as babies to show Barry and Iris starting a family without big time jumps..

• Love 2

Yes..I meant if we are talking about Barry and Iris having kids the traditional way..getting married, then Iris getting pregnant..at that point either you have babies on the show that are cute but useless to the story or you do a time jump. I can see the writers bringing them over in an alternative way but at that point it's irrelevant if Iris and Barry are already married or not..

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, Midnight Lullaby said:

Yes..I meant if we are talking about Barry and Iris having kids the traditional way..getting married, then Iris getting pregnant..at that point either you have babies on the show that are cute but useless to the story or you do a time jump. I can see the writers bringing them over in an alternative way but at that point it's irrelevant if Iris and Barry are already married or not..

I'm actually not sure if they think that way about it...there was a podcast interview with one of the writers during Season 2 where she mentioned how excited they were to get to Bart and the twins, etc., but they needed a few more seasons to get Barry and Iris married first.

I would assume if they bring on these Flash descendants they'd probably be from the future, and then they can maybe play around with them not wanting to tell their parents who there are right away, stuff like that. Maybe eventually as babies, but not for while yet, since a baby would probably be useless and offscreen most of the time anyway. But I get the impression they want to have WA married before attempting stories with those descendants that could be from the future.

36 minutes ago, Midnight Lullaby said:

To bring in Iris and Barry's kids (unless we are talking babies/little kids) wouldn't they have to age them quite a bit? Or they could bring them over from another TL as grown ups and have Barry and Iris have them towards the end to have it both ways..as grown ups they can have their own SL and as babies to show Barry and Iris starting a family without big time jumps..

I could definitely see them doing something like this.

• Love 1
13 minutes ago, Midnight Lullaby said:

Yup, that's what I'm saying. 

Eh...

The 16 Dankest Arrowverse Memes
September 2, 2017   by Amy West
http://www.cbr.com/dankest-arrowverse-memes/ 

9. ARROW SCRIPT
Cant-Change-Arrow-Script.jpg?cs=tinysrgb
When the Legends of Tomorrow found themselves up against Damien Darhk in the show’s second season, Caity Lotz’ Sara Lance practically begged Rip Hunter to let her go back in time and save her sister Laurel from being killed by the smug supervillain with supernatural powers. As expected, Rip lectured her about the repercussions of them altering timelines due to their own personal vendettas, despite the fact that his own was the reason the group got together in the first place.

But in reality — yes, literal reality — Rip couldn’t allow Sara to do such a thing was predominantly because Laurel was a character in Arrow, not Legends, and that show’s writers had her killed off for a well thought-out reason. It would be too much of a pain for them to have to awkwardly pencil her back into Arrow’s storyline, just so Sara could have her vengeance.

16. FRIENDZONE FLASH
15. LACKING LANCE
14. RUN, BARRY, RUN
13. GREEN ARROW WANNABE
12. ALLEN ANTICS
11. WILY WELLS
10. FLASH PHOTOGRAPHY
9. ARROW SCRIPT
8. MARVEL-OUS SUPER FRIENDS
7. FLASHARAMA
6. DEADSHOT
5. STARBUCKS SILLINESS
4. TIMELINE JOKEZ
3. LIGHT & DARHK
2. SQUAD GOALS
1. NAMES, NAMES AND MORE NAMES

Edited by tv echo
9 hours ago, LeighAn said:

Speaking of alternative ships. Not going to lie back when Supergirl was on CBS I shipped the idea of Kara/Barry based on the cuteness of bts Melissa and Grant in gifs I'd seen haha. And even as terribad as Barry is @statsgirl would he be an improvement on Mon El? 

Absolutely.  Barry would be a 10000% improvement on Mon El.

I might even watch Supergirl next season if it were Barry instead of Mon El.

9 hours ago, Starfish35 said:

I didn't like the stunt but she gave Barry every opportunity, over and over, to tell.  It's not like she didn't know about metahumans, she was Joe's partner. It's not like she couldn't keep a secret.  Or that she wasn't a person who could help Team Flash. There was absolutely no reason not to tell Patty other than  Barry being a terrible person.  So I give her a pass on the stunt because she had no choice, it was that or be like a 50s housewife

5 hours ago, Midnight Lullaby said:

It seems weird because it's how tv writers usually approach their main couples, even on shows that have less relationship drama than The Flash that had its fair amount. I would find it a change in positive if they decided not to wait for once until the viewers are fed up with the will they/won't they but until I see it I'm 50/50 on the wedding not getting interrupted.

If it's done right, the couple gets set up in season 1, other partners in s2, and get together in s3.  Marriage, if it happens, is s5 or 6.

The Flash skipped the first one, setting up the couple in s1, I guess because they thought they could skip it because of the comics canon.  I think it was a mistake though because I think the guy to stall the ship, Eddie, turned out to be a better partner than Barry.  I although like Barry with Patty.

5 hours ago, ruby24 said:

I'm actually not sure if they think that way about it...there was a podcast interview with one of the writers during Season 2 where she mentioned how excited they were to get to Bart and the twins, etc., but they needed a few more seasons to get Barry and Iris married first.

I don't understand this thinking.  I mean, I can see bringing them on from a future or from a different Earth for an episode or two but to have them on the show other than as a flash forward means changing the whole show around.  Joe and Wells would most like be dead by then, Barry would be too old to be The Flash if his grandson was doing it, Cisco would be a professor emeritus with long white hair.  Or is Barry is still running, how many speedsters does the show need?  They already have Wally as well as Barry.

I just can't see the point of adding Bart and the twins to the existing show.

• Love 4

This Comic Book Central podcast included an interview with Echo Kellum and Violett Beane - recorded at Terrificon, Aug. 18-20, 2017, but only posted online yesterday (their interview starts at around the 40:52 mark)...

Episode 187 - Comic Book Central at Terricon, Part One!
http://comicbookcentral.net/episodes/

-- EK and VB were both asked what it felt like to put on the superhero suit for the first time and officially becoming superheroes.

-- EK talked about being a comics nerd growing up. VB talked about being a "creative kid" and also about auditioning for The Flash.

-- EK mentioned some Arrow S6 spoilers: family theme, Oliver dealing with fatherhood, repercussions of the island explosion, Michael Emerson debuting on Arrow. VB mentioned some Flash S4 spoilers, including that Jesse Quick may be returning.

-- EK and VB were both asked if they would be interested in directing an episode of their shows. EK is very interested in directing. VB is also interested. When asked how they would each direct the other, they exchanged compliments. VB then raved about Kevin Smith as "the most amazing director [she's] ever worked with."

-- EK talked about doing some improv on Arrow, but said there's not much because Curtis' dialogue is often a lot of jargon.

-- EK said that Arrow is a dark show but that they have a light, fun set.

-- Fan asked EK about how Curtis made the decision to sacrifice his personal life (marriage) in order to help others (vigilanting).

-- VB talked about getting the role of Jessie Quick. She also talked about watching The Flash and seeing the special effects.

-- Fan asked EK about Curtis' hair transformation into Mr. Terrific (he must really get tired of this question). He also described getting his facial mask painted on for Mr. Terrific.

-- Fan asked both of them about any romantic "hopes." EK said that he liked Curtis' relationship with his husband, Paul. VB mentioned Skype.

-- Fan proposed a big crossover with an Arrowverse team going up against Marvel's The Defenders. They then talked about the logistics of doing their annual Arrowverse mega crossover with the four shows.

-- Fan asked a question about Jay Garrick and Jessie Quick, and VB responded that that was the plot of S4, so she couldn't comment on it.

-- EK said that he didn't know which episode would debut Curtis as Mr. Terrific until he got the script. However, at the beginning of S5, he already saw some mock-ups for the new Mr. Terrific costume and he also had to do costume fittings, so he knew it would happen during S5.

-- They talked about shooting in rainy Vancouver.

-- Fan asked who they'd like to work with on the other shows. EK said that he'd like to work with Carlos (Cisco).

-- They both said good things about working on their shows (fun set atmosphere, nice cast).

• Love 1
38 minutes ago, Trini said:

It's interesting how Iris and Barry are considered great partners for everyone else except each other.

If you're implying what I think you are please don't. Everyone else has a reason to ship Barry with other characters. Kara brings out Barry's inner puppy and some people like that. Patty and Barry had a very fun dynamic and some people liked that. 

I personally ship Barry/Death. Because Barry is horrible and I wouldn't ship a character I don't like with a character I do.

Edited by wonderwall
  • Love 1
48 minutes ago, Trini said:

It's interesting how Iris and Barry are considered great partners for everyone else except each other.

Interesting how? 

22 minutes ago, wonderwall said:

I personally ship Barry/Death. Because Barry is horrible and I wouldn't ship a character I don't like with a character I do.

From the you know you watch too much Supernatural when you think, NOPE, I wouldn't even foist Barry on Death, who is an awesome character, but I think you mean death, unless there is a Death in the Flash. I think.  I'm confused now. LOL

Legends of DC podcast interview with Clay & Susan Griffith, co-authors of Arrow: A Generation of Vipers and its prequel, The Flash: The Haunting of Barry Allen - they talk about writing both tie-in novels...

Legends of DC Special: Arrow—A Generation of Vipers
Published on Jul 8, 2017
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iC_JR0rWm48

-- Clay & Susan Griffith are both big superhero fans. Susan has been reading comics since the early '70s. Clay's a comic book guy from the '60s. Clay's a big DC superhero fan. Susan's more of a Marvel fan but said that Clay's "slowly been converting me to DC." They met in a book store over X-Men issue # 201 and have been together ever since. He was working at the book store and she was buying the comic. He had already read it. They disagree over whether or not he spoiled the ending for her at the time (he said he didn't, she said he did).

-- At that time, she had published some small, fiction short stories and some poetry, but her main goal was to write a novel. His main goal at that time was to write comic books and he had been trying to break into comics for quite awhile. He didn't have anything published yet. When they got together, they tried writing some stories together and then moved out of comics and wrote some straight fiction.

-- Clay's ultimate goal is to write Superman because he's the "ultimate superhero." Susan was an X-Men fan "back in the day" and a "huge Storm fan."

-- How did writing the Flash/Arrow tie-in novels come about? The editor at Titan Books was known to Clay and they occasionally had lunch together. At one lunch, the editor mentioned some properties including The Flash book, and Clay was receptive to that. The editor also had the rights to an Arrow novel, so they talked about doing a crossover like they did on TV with the Flash and Arrow novels. Clay told the editor that he and Susan liked both of those shows and would like to write both of the books.

-- What were the guidelines for writing the Flash/Arrow novels? Susan said that their main goal was to make sure the characters were right - that they were true to the way they were originally developed. When they were asked for ideas, they pitched three outlines for stories. One outline was "awesome" and featured Gorilla Grodd. But they were told that the show had a whole Gorilla Grodd story coming up, so they couldn't do that outline, which made Clay "very depressed." Another outline was nixed, but the last outline was approved. However, there were very specific characters that they couldn't use. Also, the novels had to be "very nebulous" and not fit into "any particular area." But they did have to give "some point of reference... in terms of continuity." So it was "kinda complex to write something that didn't quite fit into a very specific slot."

-- Clay noted that there's characters who are in the Flash/Arrow novels and characters who are not in the Flash/Arrow novels. For example, they reference Zoom, but Wally's not in the books. There's also no version of Harrison Wells who shows up, except in dream sequences. According to Clay, the reason was "because they [TPTB] had plans for certain characters, and either they knew how they were going to develop or they maybe didn't, and they didn't want us to jump the gun on certain things."(*)

(* Laurel is missing from both of these novels. She is not even mentioned. So maybe it was an intentional omission per the directive of TPTB.)

-- Clay: "We wrote it during - I guess it was Flash Season 2 and it would've been Arrow Season 4, I guess. Um, that was when we were doing a majority of the writing. So our reference on the character structure was primarily those seasons and prior. So we were pulling from the first season of Flash and parts of Season 2, and then the first - mainly three seasons of Arrow - which is when the core of those characters came together. You know, Oliver and Felicity and John. And they - that's the group that the fans really seem to love."

-- Clay said that writing "a moment in time" is easier than writing a television show, because a television show has to come up with something new every week so that it doesn't become stale but still stay the same so that people "get what they like." Susan said that characters evolve as these shows go on, but books are "capturing a moment in time." They were capturing a moment in time that they loved. However, no matter how difficult, they would still love to write a television show.

-- Clay: "You look for the archetype. This is what makes Oliver Oliver. This is what makes Felicity Felicity. And you write to the core of the character, which means the fans read it and go, 'oh, that's what I really love about the character' and that's true, we hope."

-- They did read the first tie-in novel, Arrow: Vengeance, but didn't sound too impressed by that book.

-- They talked about the problems of collaborative writing and resolving disagreements over what to put in the books, such as including an Oliver & Felicity bedroom scene. Having a television show as their original source made it easier to collaborate because they could point to a scene in a episode to support their argument.

-- Who is their favorite character from the Arrowverse? Clay picked "Barry, obviously The Flash, and primarily paired with Joe." He thought that Season 1 of The Flash was "one of the greatest TV shows I've ever seen." Susan agreed that this "father-son aspect" was very strong. Susan: "I still love, um, you know, in Arrowverse - it's Felicity and Arrow... Those two are still my favorite characters of all time. Um, and I wish that they were developing them in a different direction in the show, but I'm still happy with the way that Felicity's been done in some fashion. But it's about those character relationships, um, whether it be father-son, whether it be best friends, whether it be, you know, lovers or whatever, it's character dynamics like that that really intrigue me and what makes me want to keep writing as a writer." Then Clay said that Oliver and Diggle was a "great dynamic" and mentioned some great moments like when they share a drink. Clay noted that the show seems to have moved away from those kinds of moments and wished the show would return to having those kinds of moments.

-- They then talked some about the LoT show and some of the characters on that show.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2
52 minutes ago, wonderwall said:

Kara brings out Barry's inner puppy and some people like that. Patty and Barry had a very fun dynamic and some people liked that. 

Agreed.

To be honest, I don't really ship any of the current Arrowverse couples, except for Diggle and Lyla.  Oh, and J'onn and M'gann.   Everyone else is on a scale from "eh that could have been done better" to "they're fine. They don't give me 'the feels' but I have no issues with them either".   But the only pairing that was ever a NOTP was Lauriver.  

6 hours ago, Trini said:

I don't think Barry is a great partner for anyone at the moment. I think he needs to do some serious growing up, unselfishing and soul searching before being with anyone. Which doesn't look likely to happen but we'll see how he's changed over the hiatus in the Speed Force.

I found Iris and Eddie bland at first but I did warm up to them half way through, especially as Joe was so focused on Barry that Iris deserved to have something for herself (ok he was her Dad's partner, not great but gives her something of her own). And I liked that Eddie advocated so strongly for Iris to be told. Barry wanted to but he wasn't going against Joe on this, but Eddie did repeatedly, despite knowing that Barry=Flash would make Iris more interested in him. I also liked their "screw destiny" thing at the end of S1 since "destined" pairings are often lazily written, which I think happened a fair bit with WA.

I liked Linda Park ok but better when she came back to help them with Dr. Light and she was so happy she made out with the Flash and really brave in trying to outwit Zoom with no meta powers. Patty was ok but very obviously a stall and "prove Barry's not a virgin" storyline and I think Barry ended up treating her shabbily when he's not at all circumspect about telling 90% of other people who he is (and who Oliver is) as soon as possible.

I enjoy Barry/Kara although that's never happening obviously. They bring out the puppies, unicorns and rainbows in each other. I kinda imagine a relationship between them would be mostly cuddling, watching musicals and eating donuts, which is better than what she currently has/had with Mon-El, though that's a different type of "teen romance".

When ME comes back I seriously hope he's been fastforwarded into a better character and there isn't quite to much 1 step forward, 3 steps back with his development. Which would also allow some other characters to get more screentime and Kara to find a character arc and plotline for herself.

I think WA have chemistry it's not particularly hot, but I guess it doesn't really need to be for the Flash but I have been frustrated with their storyline this year and especially Iris's within that. It was so often *about* her but she had so little POV within it and CP can definitely handle more.

• Love 4

I am cool with WestAllen having a crossover wedding because even if this one doesn't go well. I know the show will give them another wedding down the road. Olicity on the other hand, I am happy they would at least get a small wedding with family and friends. They deserve to have that moment since Arrow is closer to its ending date. 

• Love 1

Well, I'm never gonna get my Ray/Mick nuptials, so y'all can go to hell as far as I'm concerned.

Nah, I'm joking. I watch all 4 Arrowverse shows and my feelings towards all the (show) canon couples run from ability to live with it to distinct pleasure taken from it.

I love Iris, I like Barry and I'm happy for them to wed on the crossover (which I'm expecting to have the feel of a two-night miniseries and written as such, rather than the clear distinctions between the series' episodes we got last year). I hope to see one for Oliver and Felicity too. And Alex and Maggie.

• Love 10

I was actually thinking about that (Ray's fiancée) earlier. Anna has always kind of seemed like an afterthought to them.  Even when they brought her temporarily on board the Waverider in the first season, they never showed her face, and there was nothing really with how Ray was dealing with seeing her again.  It seemed to be more about how it was going to affect his relationship with Kendra.  It was weird.

But yeah, I'll be a little surprised if they ever mention it, but it would be nice.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Starfish35 said:

I was actually thinking about that (Ray's fiancée) earlier. Anna has always kind of seemed like an afterthought to them.  Even when they brought her temporarily on board the Waverider in the first season, they never showed her face, and there was nothing really with how Ray was dealing with seeing her again.  It seemed to be more about how it was going to affect his relationship with Kendra.  It was weird.

But yeah, I'll be a little surprised if they ever mention it, but it would be nice.

Yeah they barely mention it on LOT. It did come up last season when Sara wants to kill DD before he can kill Laurel but only for 1 line and no indication Sara herself is connected to it via Slade. It didn't even come up when Ray jabbed Nate with a WW2 super serum to save his life.

I wondered if the pr on that played Anna was a production intern or a relative during the episode where she's on the Waverider because we she 5 seconds of her if that and no mention that Ray is technically sending her back to her time line to get murdered. And as far as we know she's the only girl mentioned on the show where he wasn't 2nd choice or ghosted after hooking up.

I like WestAllen in a casual way and don't understand all the negativity towards them. I think they are cute. 

That said, I definitely think that if they are wedding the "meat" of the wedding should definitely take place on Flash. 

I don't think that they could really support the wedding being the main plot of all 4 episodes unless is was a pure humor centric villain/plot, which I just don't think will be the case. 

I think the upside of a crossover wedding will hopefully be great production values. The downside might be sharing the plot with too many other people who are not part of the regular cast. 

I have to admit, I have close to given up on Iris ever getting her own plots for reals, so I don't think that getting married will change much in that regard, so they might as well get married. And while it might not be required to have them married in canon to do all the kids/grandkids, they might just find it easier. I mean them getting married has pretty much been confirmed ever since they showed that newspaper from the future. Why not put a ring on it and say officially: yeah, even if they ever break up, ever have any other romantic partners, it's not gonna stick. 

I can also see why the WestAllen wedding actually going through might put some dampers on an Olicity wedding, since it might sort of overshadow it. Especially if the WestAllen wedding is big and flashy. So I could see some logic as to why WestAllen not going through might actually be good for a Olicity wedding. 

• Love 1
12 minutes ago, LolaRuns said:

I can also see why the WestAllen wedding actually going through might put some dampers on an Olicity wedding, since it might sort of overshadow it. Especially if the WestAllen wedding is big and flashy. So I could see some logic as to why WestAllen not going through might actually be good for a Olicity wedding. 

I don't think so. I mean I have no idea how weddings are promoted in general but I think fandom is pretty excited about the Olicity wedding/marriage regardless. From my peeking on twitter, judging by the number of dress pics posted most days and the number of wedding fics spawned on A03 I don't think people care about what WA gets up to. I'd imagine things will get even more nuts once the EPs admit to an Olicity wedding. I was fretting the other day because I don't have the obligatory wedding fic plotted (shame on me!)

There was some worry about a double wedding but that's all I've seen on terms of anyone Olicity caring about the WA wedding. 

The average layperson might get to see lots of Flash wedding promotion but I'd imagine they aren't hard-core shippers anyway so even a hugely promoted Olicity wedding is not going to excite them the way I imagine a shot of Felicity in a ring will wreak fandemonium amongst Olicity fans. 

• Love 2

Thinking of the crossover as a 4 hours movie more than four different episodes (that I think it's what they are going for) I could see them getting together at the beginning for Iris and Barry's wedding, then something happening and if they end up going through with it doing the ceremony at the end..the alternative would be the crossover being about something else with the wedding being the emotional focus but not the reason for the characters to get together..

I don't think flashy >>> intimate..for my personal preferences quite the opposite usually but it's all about the execution..and I think we could talk about one overshadowing the other if they are done in the same episode/same crossover..since they are on two different shows not really..to make an example on Grey's Anatomy Meredith and Derek were supposed to get married but gave their day to Izzie and Alex because she was dying and a big wedding has always been her dream while Mederith was against all that stuff..in the same episode they had Meredith and Derek exchange their promises just the two of them and Izzie and Alex have the flashy wedding..I thought both scenes were meaningful and true to who those characters were and I wouldn't talk about one overshadowing the other despite being in the same episode.

I think if they write two good scenes it will come down to personal preferences and if they don't to the best written scene (and still to personal preferences of course).

I think a lot of FANS might prefer intimate over flashy, but the networks care about big flashy marketable. I'm sure the fans are excited about a potential wedding, but the fans would also be excited about all kind of other things. For the network it is probably more attractive to try to create something that ideally has a lot of cross appeal. 

I'm curious as to whether there is a lot of excitement about a WA wedding in the WA fandom. I'm not on twitter so maybe Twitter is excited but it seems to be brought up in this thread more than  any excitement that I can see over in the Flash forum. 

• Love 7

Talking about the CW on Gossip girl Chuck and Blair got married in ten seconds because he was about to be arrested and they only showed Serena in her wedding dress, no wedding, on Smallville Clark and Lois never got married, on TVD they didn't even show the wedding of their main couple, only her wearing the ring..so I don't see all this investment from the network to get a big wedding to promote..