Type keyword(s) to search

Mind Your Surroundings: Arrow, The Flash, Supergirl, Legends of Tomorrow and Other Superhero Universes

ArctisTor
  • Start Topic

1 hour ago, Miss Dee said:

I maintain every major crossover needs at least 15 straight minutes of Our Heroes doing nothing but hanging out and bonding over stupid shit and teasing each other. Whole group, small groups, tete-a-tetes - whatever, just as long as they're not segregated by show. Oh, and Mick interacts with Kara at least once.

IMO the plot of The Defenders made very little sense but I enjoyed it because I loved the character interactions. My favorite episode was episode four which was basically the characters sitting around arguing and eating Chinese food. I'd love it if we were also able to get some similar character interaction (for more than a couple of minutes) in the Arrowverse crossover.

• Love 6
23 minutes ago, Cleanqueen said:

Let me guess it was Katie's decision not to wear the mask again ...it absolutely makes no sense that an LL look a like is walking around SC without some identity concealment. 

Either that or the wardrobe/costume dept. didn't want to put in anymore effort and just let it be

1 hour ago, Cleanqueen said:

Let me guess it was Katie's decision not to wear the mask again ...it absolutely makes no sense that an LL look a like is walking around SC without some identity concealment. 

But why would she care? if anyone recognizes her as Laurel she can ruin Laurel's reputation but it's nothing to her..

That mask is so 50 Shades of Gray, I'm not complaining they didn't go for that, lol

• Love 4

If I had to take a guess I'd say they probably didn't have E2 Laurel wear a mask because the audience would more easily recognize her without one and they wouldn't have to take time out for a dramatic unmasking. When Barry says, "It's....Laurel Lance," they can just pan over and people can see that yep, it's Laurel Lance.

There probably wasn't much thought about character motivation put into it.

• Love 7
3 hours ago, BaggythePanther said:

IMO the plot of The Defenders made very little sense but I enjoyed it because I loved the character interactions. My favorite episode was episode four which was basically the characters sitting around arguing and eating Chinese food. I'd love it if we were also able to get some similar character interaction (for more than a couple of minutes) in the Arrowverse crossover.

Episodes 4 and 5 were my favourite as well for that exact reason.   I'm watching fantasy,  I don't need a fantastic plot or for everything to make sense.   I'm here for the characters. 

7 hours ago, statsgirl said:

I like both those changes.  Supergirl doesn't look like a naughty cheerleader any more. 

I have to say, the end product really was the correct one. Those stockings just scream, "Notice me, senpai!", and I say that as someone who wears the things, tiny skirts and all. 

As to the mask, I wonder if they decided it was too reminiscent of Laurel's Black Canary costume and dropped it for that reason. I'd imagine they wanted to keep the characters very separate.

Edited by Karlophe
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, BkWurm1 said:

EBR's hair looks pretty short.

All I noticed was her off shoulder dress or top and imagined her showing up on Arrow in that, maybe in Oliver's office. Excuse us, Ms Smoak and I need to consult in private.

• Love 7

First Impressions: 15 Superheroes You Forgot Already Appeared On TV
August 25, 2017  by Sean Aitchison
http://www.cbr.com/superheroes-you-never-knew-were-on-tv/

4. SLADE WILSON
.  .  .
Bet you’re wondering why we specifically said “Slade Wilson” instead of “Deathstroke,” huh? Well, there are two reasons. For one, there was a Deathstroke on TV before Arrow, but the only thing he had in common with the comics version was that he was an assassin. This version of Deathstroke showed up on Lois and Clark, played by Antonio Sabàto Jr, and had magnetism powers instead of a healing factor. His real name wasn’t even Slade Wilson, it was Earl Gregg.

The other Slade Wilson to show up didn’t even take up the name Deathstroke. On (here we go again) Smallville, Michael Hogan portrays an older Slade Wilson, a united States Army Lieutenant General who spearheads an anti-vigilante movement. After losing his eye and gaining healing abilities, Wilson spouts the unbelievable cheesy line, “I am beyond Death’s stroke now.” Man, thank goodness for Manu Bennett.

15. GREEN ARROW
14. HARLEY QUINN
13. SPIDER-MAN
12. AQUAMAN
11. CYBORG
10. DAREDEVIL
9. GREEN LANTERN AND SINESTRO
8. BLACK CANARY AND HUNTRESS
7. THOR
6. SHAZAM
5. MARTIAN MANHUNTER
4. SLADE WILSON
3. THE ATOM
2. METALLO
1. BIZARRO

Slade-Wilson-Deathstroke-Live-Action.jpg

Edited by tv echo

PS that list is like 90% bullshit. While I get people forgot about the way older stuff. I have a hard time believing people forgot about Smallville.

Hell I even remember Thor from one of the Hulk movies (on the list). I could give them BoP (even though I remember it) but, not Smallville or Lois & Clark.

17 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

Who is the 3rd girl in the picture? She looks really familiar to me but, I can't place her. 

With EBR and CP? Danielle Nicolet, Cecile on the Flash.

Some of those previous superheros are hilarious.

The Black Canary in pink with a mask that is going to get caught on everything and an outfit so low cut it seems like it's made to have her boobs distract the bad guys:

Black-Canary-and-Huntress-Live-Action.jp

Charles Ogden Steirs (Maj. Winchester from MASH) as The Martian Manhunter

Martian-Man-Hunter-Live-Action.jpg?auto=

The CW Network and Hulu appear to be in a friendlier place than they were around this time last year. The network, co-owned by CBS and Warner Bros., says today that “in the coming months” it will offer its live streams to subscribers of Hulu with Live TV. In addition, these subscribers will “soon” be able to watch episodes of current season series on-demand.

That’s a change from last year. Hulu — then just an on-demand service — wanted more than it was getting from its CW agreement, which only covered next-day access to the most recent “rolling five” episodes of CW series. CW stopped supplying its new programming, promoting instead the availability of recent episodes for streaming on the network’s own free app.

But the TV landscape looks a lot different now. YouTube TV launched in April with live streams from CW. Early this month CW agreed to provide them to AT&T’s DirecTV Now. Two weeks ago, FuboTV said that it would offer live streams from CBS-owned CW stations “soon.”

Today’s announcement does not say which markets will be able to receive the CW live streams. Availability typically requires the streaming service to reach a carriage agreement with local broadcast affiliates.

The CW EVP of Network Distribution Chris Brooks calls Hulu’s recently launched $39.99 a month live service “groundbreaking,” adding that the new partnership “furthers our goal of expanding our audience across digital platforms.”

Fan Fest Community: TV Moments That Always Make Us Cry
BY CASEY PERRICCIO  AUGUST 27, 2017 // 2:05 PM
http://fanfest.com/2017/08/27/fan-fest-community-tv-moments-that-always-make-us-cry/

A scene in a tv show that always makes me cry is the closing scene of Agent Carter season. Peggy is standing on a bridge in New York and throws the vial of Steve Rodgers blood into the river whilst saying “goodbye my darling” The 40s song playing also helped to make this such a touching and powerful scene. It was also such an important scene in representing her new found independence and growth, showing its ok to let go. It gets me every single time.
-Sasha Wickenden 
When Tommy Merlin dies in Oliver’s arms after saving Laurel from his father’s destruction on Arrow.
Cassandra Hudson‏/@CassieLuvsHowie

Oliver telling Felicity he loves her before challenging Ra’s breaks me every time on Arrow
-Axy‏/@Aaaahhhxy 

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2

I really suspect we are going to get a fun episode with that one.  They were promising the whole season of The Flash to harken back to the lighter, fun tone of the first season.  I don't buy them pulling it off most of the time but "Girl's Night Out" should do it.  I have to think the movie Girl's Night might have contributed some inspiration which is fun because of the Colton Haynes connection.  I wonder if there will be a dead stripper.  

Edited by BkWurm1
  • Love 2

WHY THE MUSIC BEHIND ‘THE FLASH’ IS SO IMPORTANT
RYAN Bassbone1786   August 28, 2017
http://fandom.wikia.com/articles/music-flash-important 

Every good superhero has a civilian identity, which is where Barry Allen enters the picture. When the Flash isn’t fighting crime, Barry Allen works as a forensic scientist in a crime lab. Barry actually first appeared on a season 2 episode of Arrow, “The Scientist.” Before he was struck by lightning and received his super speed, Barry traveled to Starling City to research metahumans. While he ended up helping Team Arrow, he was in Starling City to research who killed his mother.

While many viewers were already aware of who Barry Allen would become, the seeds of the superhero theme are a part of his civilian identity. Track 10 of the Season 2 soundtrack, “The Scientist,” displays one of the many variations of Barry’s civilian theme.
The beginning of the track features small, repeated groups of sixteenth-notes in the strings, separated by brief rests. Since Barry Allen has not yet become the Flash, it makes sense that these sixteenth-notes remain disconnected and separate from his alter ego. Here, Neely cleverly sets the stage for the hero he will become.

The sixteenth-note bursts transition into a calm, beautiful theme played on the piano, accompanied by sustained strings. While the brass signifies power and strength in The Flash theme, the soft strings represent peace. The oboe represents Barry’s fun, quirky personality as the music changes between the piano and oboe. Variations on this musical idea are often heard when Barry Allen is present. The music represents a calm, positive forensic scientist who brings humor to difficult situations.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2
12 hours ago, Trini said:

Did you mean Girls Trip or Rough Night?

Ha!  I feel some how in getting it wrong I actually got it right.  Both probably were inspiration.   CH, though, was in Rough Night.  

• Love 1

Wonder Woman is available as of today to purchase in digital on Amazon and iTunes.  (Actual DVDs don't come out until next month.)

I pre-ordered my copy and have already downloaded it. :)  The only other movie I've ever done that for is Winter Soldier.   

What are your favorite movies that you were so excited for that you bought them right away? 

Edited by Starfish35
  • Love 6

Moonlight was the most recent for me but I plan to buy Batman and Harley Quinn today and will get Wonder Woman when it comes out. Unless I'm obsessed with the movie in question I tend to wait until Black Friday for the deals. 

• Love 1

It wasn't a movie but there is a company called Big Finish that does audio recordings with all the sound effects like a radio play and they did this big three part original story with my two favorite actors from Stargate SG-1 doing the voices of their original characters and this is a few years after the show had been off the air.  I'd preordered it and prepaid for it even though I'd been so broke at the time.  I'd been waiting months and months and finally it was available for digital download though it would take a couple more weeks to get my cds.  I didnt even have the software to do the down load but I searched until I found a way to get it.  

• Love 3
41 minutes ago, scarynikki12 said:

Moonlight was the most recent for me but I plan to buy Batman and Harley Quinn today and will get Wonder Woman when it comes out. Unless I'm obsessed with the movie in question I tend to wait until Black Friday for the deals. 

I was so disappointed with Bm/HQ. The fact that they put fart jokes in there.....worst Bruce Timm dtv, anything, yet.

6 hours ago, Primal Slayer said:

I was so disappointed with Bm/HQ. The fact that they put fart jokes in there.....worst Bruce Timm dtv, anything, yet.

Well, it's featuring Harley, bad jokes seems right. I heard from someone that caught it in the theater that it was actually great fun.  She's usually pretty picky about these things too.   I'll have to check it out.  

Edited by BkWurm1
  • Love 1

So in an attempt to get some discussion going (and distract myself from my headache), I'm throwing this out for discussion.  If you could design your ideal all-women crossover team up, what would it look like? I'll use The Flash's Girls Night Out as an example.

Host Show: The Flash (in this example)

Scenario: Bachelorette Party (presumed)

Characters: Iris, Felicity, Cecile, Caitlin (presumed), Gypsy (speculated).

What happens: The ladies go out for a night and run into trouble.

.....and go. :)

Edited by Starfish35
Trying to fix italics
  • Love 3

Tbh, I do actually really the set-up for 405 for Flash and am actually excited for it because I think it'll be hilarious and fun, so I think that is actually an ideal set-up (but probably add more characters like Jesse or whoever).

But for another set-up:

Host Show: Arrow

Scenario: Rescue mission/mission in general

Characters: Felicity, Dinah, Thea, Lyla (with help from Sara and Iris, sorry Amaya and Caitlin, but I'd kind of want to limit the amount of powered people for Arrow's sake)

What happens: Oliver and Diggle are in danger and the women have to ban together to rescue them while taking down the villain while Rene and Curtis take on the B plot

• Love 9

I think I want an all-girls team up with the boys taking the B plot separate from the ladies.

Characters: Felicity, Dinah, Thea, Lyla, Donna

What Happens: The ladies take a trip to Vegas for a fun weekend where they get entangled into shenanigans (maybe mob related?) Donna's needed to provide a sexy distraction. I'm thinking Ocean's 11 type stuff. B Plot - The boys are back in Starling City buying socks or decorating Olicity's new house. Who cares? This is about lady time.

• Love 4

What the hell, I'll play too. 

Host show: Gotham 

Characters: Selina, Tabitha, Ivy, Maze, Trixie, Sara, Amaya, Alex, Chloe, Diggle, Bullock, J'onn

What they do: Trixie has been taken and is being held for ransom. Maze is ready to burn down the universe while Chloe investigates. Sara and Amaya catch wind of this and decide to help. They grab Alex, Dig and J'onn for help. They learn that Trixie is in Gotham and the Waverider flies them all there. They ally with Selina, Tabitha and Ivy while Chloe meets with Bullock to go through official channels. Everyone works together and saves that ball of sunshine. Then they party on the ship. 

Dig and Bullock are mainly there for reaction shots though they do help. 

• Love 4
3 hours ago, Starfish35 said:

So in an attempt to get some discussion going (and distract myself from my headache), I'm throwing this out for discussion.  If you could design your ideal all-women crossover team up, what would it look like? I'll use The Flash's Girls Night Out as an example.

Host Show: The Flash (in this example)

Scenario: Bachelorette Party (presumed)

Characters: Iris, Felicity, Cecile, Caitlin (presumed), Gypsy (speculated).

What happens: The ladies go out for a night and run into trouble.

.....and go. :)

Host show: Any

Scenario: After an international flight, Team Travel needs to make their domestic connection - at JFK. 

Characters: Iris, Caitlin, Sara, Amaya, Dinah, Felicity

What happens:  They've had a wonderful trip overseas, managing to keep the Eiffel Tower from getting blown up. But now, they face their real challenge: making their JFK connection while stuck in the Homeland Security line. Frustrated that airline transport and customs has seemingly only worsened since the 1940s, Amaya starts threatening everyone in the area with ghost bears, and Caitlin "accidentally" freezes every customs agent there.  The immediate security response is halted by Sara.  Caitlin feels guilty about freezing all of the Homeland Security people, until Iris and Dinah point out that honestly, the line was already frozen in place. Felicity breaks through her jetlag* and forces every U.S. airline to remember that EVEN U.S. CITIZENS GET STUCK IN LONG LINES IN JFK AND CAN'T MAKE TIGHT CONNECTIONS, DELTA, and creates an amazing algorithm that tracks people and moves THOSE WITH TIGHT CONNECTIONS AT JFK TO THE FRONT OF THE LINE AND ALSO FORCES DELTA er Ferris Air to IMMEDIATELY REBOOK PASSENGERS WHO HAVE MISSED THEIR CONNECTION BECAUSE JFK IS AWFUL TO ANOTHER FLIGHT WITHOUT FORCING PASSENGERS TO ARGUE WITH GATE AGENTS. Sara concludes that in this particular case, they probably would have been better off time travelling. Iris' article covering the story wins a Pulitzer. 

I may or may not be projecting here.

* Yes, yes, I know, no one in the Arrowverse ever gets jetlag, or if they do, they just channel it into amazing sex (see, 320).

• Love 15
On 8/30/2017 at 0:42 PM, Starfish35 said:

So in an attempt to get some discussion going (and distract myself from my headache), I'm throwing this out for discussion.  If you could design your ideal all-women crossover team up, what would it look like? I'll use The Flash's Girls Night Out as an example....

Host Shows: Supergirl/ Arrow

Scenario: Superheroines vs. Supervillianesses (inspired by Gotham Girls)

Cast: (As many female characters as possible, but mainly) Kara, Alex, Iris, Gypsy, Hawkgirl, Felicity, Mari/Vixen, Sara, -vs.- Livewire, Killer Frost, Black Siren, Indigo, Peekaboo, Cupid, + (another notable villianess from Arrow and Legends I'm not familiar with)

Plot: Iris and Gypsy travel to Supergirl's dimension to personally deliver a wedding invite to Kara, and they get caught up in a crisis situation when Indigo hacks into the DEO and steals the dimensional travel tech. Indigo and Livewire use the tech to go to a world with no Supergirl to stop them -- Star City is where they end up. They manage to draw the attention of other rogues (Killer Frost, Peekaboo, Cupid, Black Siren, etc.) who agree that if they band together they can take over the city and be unstoppable.

When the Flash, Arrow, Vibe, ATOM, etc. are taken out of commission by the unexpected alliance, it's up to the women to save the day!

Edited by Trini
  • Love 4

Oh, fun idea @Starfish35

Host Show: Arrow (mostly bc it's the only one I really watch lol)

Scenario: Iris crosses over to cover the accusations that Mayor Queen is the GA.

Characters: Felicity, Iris, Thea, Vixen (Megalyn's version)

What Happens: Iris crosses over to interview Oliver, after being accused of being GA. Something contrived happens before Iris can interview him, let's say there's gas released in the city that makes everyone pass out (of course all 5 cops pass out including Dinah). Iris, Felicity, and Thea aren't affected because they were in the foundry together. The city is defenseless and whoever the villain is (don't care who), is robbing Star City... but more importantly, they're trying to get some weapon at Palmer Tech (or Smoak Tech if it's later in the season). FS calls Vixen who was nearby and planning on visiting soon, and then the ladies get together and figure shit out lol.

Edited by JJ928
  • Love 9

I love everyone's scenarios! :)

Here's one from me.  I've been trying to think it out, and I'm still not sure it totally makes sense, but here goes:

Host Show: Legends

Scenario: When a time aberration turns out to have Smoak Tech software from the future at its core, Sara decides to retrieve its original creator to help them unlock the problem and get time back on course.

Characters: Sara, Felicity, Amaya, Zari, Lilly, Dinah.

What happens:  I'm envisioning some sort of maze/castle of doom scenario, where our team of ladies has to decipher riddles and get past traps to make it to the center to shut down the software.  I haven't figured out why the guys wouldn't be involved - maybe it knocks all the guys out, or infects them with some sort of contagion (in which case you'd probably want to add Caitlin to the team).   Dinah is there basically because she tagged along when Sara came to get Felicity, mostly because she gets a kick out of annoying Sara (I haven't seen enough of Dinah to know if this fits her personality but the idea amuses me). 

• Love 7

I don't write fanfic for a reason but....whatever..

Host Show: Flash/Arrow (2night crossover!)

Scenario: Queen Bee comes to town to go after an ancient artifact and ends putting the men of Flarrow under her thrall leaving the ladies to save the day

Characters: Iris, Laurel, Felicity, Thea, Caitlin, Dinah

What Happens: Queen Bee (YJ version), dictator of Bialya, comes to Central City on some "diplomatic work". She is after some artifact (that would be used to as a building block towards the next big crossover, maybe the Blue beetle scarab or Helmet of Fate?), Flash and fam end up thwarting some of her lackeys attempts at getting the artifact so she sets up a trap where she ends up putting Flash/KF under her control. Iris contacts TA for some help after Cisco also ends up falling victim to Queen Bee.  Arrow/Spartan end up coming under Queen Bees influence as well which prompts Felicity to notice that Queen Bee is able to use some sort of pheromone to put men under her submission (thus making Curtis/Wild Dog sit this out). Richard Dragon knows of Queen Bee and wants whatever she is after so he has Black Siren come to the girls calling a truce and offering to help out. Everyone bands together to take down Queen Bee and her new boy toys. Speedy/Black Canary/Black Siren take on Flash/Kid Flash/Vibe/Arrow/Spartan while Caitlin/Iris/Felicity work to take down Queen Bee by exposing her to the public and finding a way to counteracting her pheromones.

• Love 5

Characters: Felicity, Thea, Lyla, Dinah, Iris, Caitlyn

Scenario: Cayden James hacks into Felicity's system days before the Olicity wedding, tries to steal code that Felicity has worked on that is key to her successfully launching Smoak Tech. Felicity is like "Hell no you might steal from Palmer Tech but you do not steal my stuff" and engages in a programming war with him.  She temporarily bests him which sets Helix on the warpath against her ("I'd be packing that wedding dress away if I were you Ms Smoak").

Felicity is all "Oliver has had a rough year, NO ONE is ruining his wedding. Tells Oliver she's going off to deal with this issue and not to worry. She totally promises to be back in time and give him the perfect wedding. He has learned from 519 and sends her off with a big kiss, best wishes and a kevlar vest that he had made to fit under her tight dresses.

Thea is coming along cuz she's waited for the Olicity wedding for ages and no one is going to screw it up, least of all a villain.

They call Dinah for muscle and Lyla for reinforcement because Lyla wants Cayden back to lock away in a ARGUS's secret jail again

Meanwhile Caitlyn and Iris arrive in town early for the Olicity wedding and decide to join in the shenanigans. Iris decides it will be a good story to write. Cayden = Snowden = scoop! Caitlyn says she'll come along and freeze stuff cuz it's always handy

They track down Helix, battle Helix who is now armed with extra mercenaries and evil programmable flying mini drone things that are shooting at them like confetti

They win of course when Felicity manages to shut down all the flying evil robot drones but Cayden James gets away just as they reach his location. They do discover Helix's new base of operations though and managed to extract valuable information about who are the faces working for Helix.

Felicity and Co arrive back in time for the wedding. Oliver is all "OMG I almost died of worry waiting for you. I know you want to go into battle sometimes but I don't think my nerves can take this. I drank a few bottles of whisky while you were away." They get married and have Olicitots just like I have always wanted!

The end! 

Edited by Mellowyellow
  • Love 5