Type keyword(s) to search

Mind Your Surroundings: Arrow, The Flash, Supergirl, Legends of Tomorrow and Other Superhero Universes

ArctisTor
  • Start Topic

If the WestAllen wedding comes before Olicity it's going to be so stupid to me. Sure they've been in each other's lives since childhood but they haven't been together for long and it's just weird lol. 

We saw Oliver and Felicity's togetherness flourish. From the beginning.

• Love 1

I feel like I read Greater Loss here in this thread. Which is why I came here to ask. 

The 4 titles I got from here.

The rumor is also summed up here: https://segmentnext.com/2017/08/21/arrowverse-crossover-episode-names-indicate-greater-threat-dominators/

But the fact that "Greater Loss" was rumored here in this very thread back on August 2nd makes it quite interesting. So it if is a rumor, somebody here was aware of it August 2nd and everybody else is only now picking up on it. 

BTW, I summed that up wrong, it's not Supergirl: Greater Foe, it's Greater Foes

If the WestAllen wedding comes before Olicity it's going to be so stupid to me. 

But WestAllen have been talking about marrying for a while, even planning their invitations and stuff like that. If Olicity decided to get married they would have to go from zero (not having mentioned wedding plans) to getting married. While on Flash it has been a topic on the show in their previous season. 

Not that I think it would be great if they just went back to their wedding plans immediately, if presumable in universe Barry has been gone so long. But I could see it comparatively more easily. I just think it would be weird if the wedding would take place in episode 3 out of 4 of a big event.

Edited by LolaRuns
  • Love 1
9 minutes ago, LolaRuns said:

But WestAllen have been talking about marrying for a while, even planning their invitations and stuff like that. If Olicity decided to get married they would have to go from zero (not having mentioned wedding plans) to getting married. While on Flash it has been a topic on the show in their previous season. 

......Oliver and Felicity planned a wedding in season 4 and almost got through with it. Now that they solved their issues taking the step they have been wanting to take for a while seems the natural progression of things that were put in motion two years ago.

• Love 5

I'd rather no one get married in the crossover and I remain sceptical that any couple that *does* get married so early in the season is potentially in for a lot of angst in the back half ala Olicity's engagement in 4.09.

• Love 5

It's too late (early) for me to dig it up right now, but I think Greater Loss for Arrow came from a rumored list of Arrow episodes discussed in the Spoiler Discussion thread that has since been disproven.  And they also, IIRC, had Greater Loss listed as 5.08 608 when the crossover will be 5.07 607 this year.  

Until I see something more reliable, I think this is just a rumor.

Edited by Starfish35
Forgot what season we were on :(
  • Love 2
19 minutes ago, Starfish35 said:

It's too late (early) for me to dig it up right now, but I think Greater Loss for Arrow came from a rumored list of Arrow episodes discussed in the Spoiler Discussion thread that has since been disproven.  And they also, IIRC, had Greater Loss listed as 5.08 when the crossover will be 5.07 this year.  

Until I see something more reliable, I think this is just a rumor.

Found it in Spoilers Only: 

That person sure is dedicated if it's fake, if they created two different graphics to underline their fakes. 

11 hours ago, way2interested said:

I mean, it's not completely incomparable. The s1 trailer for Iron Fist was copying Arrow about as much as Daredevil was.

Thank you! Finally someone else who notices this. Iron Fist is terrible and Dare Devil probably has better quality then Arrow but I definitely think the Marvel producers took inspiration from Arrow quite a bit. I mean Frank and Slade storyline in season two had similar motivations Matt/Foggy/Karen are a similar vibe to Oliver/Felicity/Diggle and Electra coming into the show was like a cross between Helena and Sara. I mean it's either borrowing inspiration or comics all follow the same set of cliches. 

And dong get me started on the first couple of episodes of Iron Fist. Like I wouldn't have been shocked if Danny started saying "You failed this city" with the amount similarities. 

44 minutes ago, LolaRuns said:

Found it in Spoilers Only: 

That person sure is dedicated if it's fake, if they created two different graphics to underline their fakes. 

It's already confirmed that 604 and 605 are fake (unless these were working titles and even then we'll never know), so the crossover titles are likely fake too now.

• Love 1

Katee Sackhoff has joined the cast of The Flash in a recurring role, EW has learned exclusively.

The Battlestar Galactica alum will play DC Comics villain Amunet Black, a.k.a Blacksmith, a steely and badass boss of an underground black market for supervillains. Amunet uses every means possible, including the long list of metahumans under her thumb, to ensure her illicit enterprise thrives.

The actress will first appear in episode 405, interestingly titled “Girls Night Out,” which also serves as a mini-crossover with Arrow: Emily Bett Rickards will also pop up during the hour.

http://ew.com/tv/2017/08/21/flash-katee-sackhoff-amunet-season-4/

• Love 10
2 hours ago, LeighAn said:

Thank you! Finally someone else who notices this. Iron Fist is terrible and Dare Devil probably has better quality then Arrow but I definitely think the Marvel producers took inspiration from Arrow quite a bit. I mean Frank and Slade storyline in season two had similar motivations Matt/Foggy/Karen are a similar vibe to Oliver/Felicity/Diggle and Electra coming into the show was like a cross between Helena and Sara. I mean it's either borrowing inspiration or comics all follow the same set of cliches. 

And dong get me started on the first couple of episodes of Iron Fist. Like I wouldn't have been shocked if Danny started saying "You failed this city" with the amount similarities. 

To be fair, I've seen copying all around in different instances to different extents. Like, Bamford made a big deal about a one-take fight scene afte Daredevil and AoS already got press about theirs, AoS did a "who's in the grave?" mystery right after Arrow got a ton of press for theirs, AoS introduced Inhumans just as Flash was coming to be (yes it mostly came because of the whole "can't do X-men" thing, but it wouldn't have been as much of a priority I would expect if Flash wasn't a thing), Netflix Marvel are going for the "grounded superhero" after Arrow re-established it into mainstream, ARGUS and SHIELD are comparable, etc.

I don't mind per se since movies/tv have been doing this for years and the cliches crossover very easily, but yeah the similarities are there and at some point become unavoidably obvious.

Just now, Velocity23 said:

The actress will first appear in episode 405, interestingly titled “Girls Night Out,” which also serves as a mini-crossover with Arrow: Emily Bett Rickards will also pop up during the hour.

Ha, there goes the idea of Felicity being dead. Plus, since Flash actually films more publicly than Arrow maybe we'll actually get a picture of EBR filming.

• Love 6

If this is a bachelorette party, Iris is gonna have even less of a problem with Barry's continued idiocy than I thought she might. All the blessings to you in that marriage, girl. You're gonna need 'em. 

• Love 13

Okay, so the episode title gives me hope that Felicity will interact with Flash characters other than Barry. Although it also makes me think that this is the closest we'll get to that girls' night out I want on Arrow with Felicity, Thea, Dinah and Lyla. 

24 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

If this is a bachelorette party, Iris is gonna have even less of a problem with Barry's continued idiocy than I thought she might. All the blessings to you in that marriage, girl. You're gonna need 'em. 

Iris could have a problem through the end of episode 2, even episode 3, and they could still figure out a way for a bachelorette party in 5. Or it could end up a being a problem that comes up again later on in the season as well, even if they get married (in the crossover or not). 

3 minutes ago, insomniadreams88 said:

Iris could have a problem through the end of episode 2, even episode 3, and they could still figure out a way for a bachelorette party in 5. Or it could end up a being a problem that comes up again later on in the season as well, even if they get married (in the crossover or not). 

Yes, definitely. I think that's probably what's going to happen. Two weeks at most - which is less of an issue than I would've thought, even for Iris. 

I honestly don't think Iris will have a significant problem with him. I think they will pay lip service to it but at most it will be one episode and then she will go back to patting Barry on the back again. 

It's a bit like on Arrow where they made a huge fuss of Church as a villain and then nothing much happened. I fully expect nothing to happen with Iris and Barry in term of Iris standing up for herself. It's not the show for that kind of growth. 

• Love 2

I will be watching this Flash episode. I hope Iris and Felicity get plenty of interaction, my two faves! Hope they'll finally let Iris crossover to Arrow this season as well.

Edited by JJ928
  • Love 6

I hope Felicity is in it for a decent amount of time and not just like the tiny LoT crossover!!!!! So excited!!!!!! I hope it's more the amount of screen time that time Felicity and Ray crossed over!

ETA: I always love Barry and Felicity scenes too!!! OMG I'm so excited!!!!!!

Edited by Mellowyellow
  • Love 1
46 minutes ago, Starfish35 said:

Huh. Ok. I guess WestAllen wedding it is then, because I agree, that does definitely sound like a bachelorette party.

Wedding yes, marriage no. I said awhile ago and I'm sticking with it. I think the wedding gets interrupted and then postponed for some reason. Smallville did the same thing in S10, spent and entire season building up to the Clois wedding which got interrupted by Darkseid and Clois actually never got married, because reasons.

Hell, Arrow did the same thing with Olicity (Engagement mentioned in 401, engagement happens in 409, reiterated in 410, engagement party and wedding planning in 414 and fake wedding in 416).

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 8

I love the idea that Felicity is crossing over for Iris's bachelorette party because Yay! Female friendships! but it makes me wonder about who Iris is going to have in her wedding party. Are there any women on Flash that she is close with to ask to be her maid of honor or bridesmaids?

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, lemotomato said:

I love the idea that Felicity is crossing over for Iris's bachelorette party because Yay! Female friendships! but it makes me wonder about who Iris is going to have in her wedding party. Are there any women on Flash that she is close with to ask to be her maid of honor or bridesmaids?

There are not. It's probably going to be Caitlin, but that doesn't make much sense, since the two barely ever interact on the show. Tbh, what would make the most sense there is for Wally to be her man-of-honor, but I bet they won't think to do that.

• Love 3
11 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

hope Felicity is in it for a decent amount of time and not just like the tiny LoT crossover!!!!! So excited!!!!!! I hope it's more the amount of screen time that time Felicity and Ray crossed over!

ETA: I always love Barry and Felicity scenes too!!! OMG I'm so excited!!!!!!

It also depends on how much she's shooting for Arrow at the same time. After she first crossed over to The Flash, where she was heavily featured, she only popped up at the end of the Arrow episode. While I'm glad she's crossing over, I'd much rather take her being a bigger presence on her own show than another one.

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, bijoux said:

It also depends on how much she's shooting for Arrow at the same time. After she first crossed over to The Flash, where she was heavily featured, she only popped up at the end of the Arrow episode. While I'm glad she's crossing over, I'd much rather take her being a bigger presence on her own show than another one.

Well the Deathstroke focused episodes are on schedule after episode 4 is finished. 

• Love 1
Just now, Mellowyellow said:

Which Arrow episode is this intersecting with?

Because if it's one of the upcoming doozies then I'd rather see her run around Flash and chilling with the Flash crew. 

I would assume in coincides with 605 or 606 filming. 

• Love 1
15 minutes ago, bijoux said:

I don't expect Felicity to get too much to do in 605-606, the Deathstroke two-parter. 

Edited by lemotomato
  • Love 1

OMG I am so excited that Felicity will be apart of Iris's party...I do like that they're honoring that friendship, I was worried we wouldn't get any interactions between them. 

Also it makes sense that felicity would be in it for more than one scene since she probably wont be in a lot of the Slade heavy episode.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Mellowyellow said:

I honestly don't think Iris will have a significant problem with him. I think they will pay lip service to it but at most it will be one episode and then she will go back to patting Barry on the back again. 

It's a bit like on Arrow where they made a huge fuss of Church as a villain and then nothing much happened. I fully expect nothing to happen with Iris and Barry in term of Iris standing up for herself. It's not the show for that kind of growth. 

Or for that kind of attention to Iris' POV.

If she were a real-life friend of mine, I'd be all "Girl, take a good hard look at what you're getting into."  But since she's a fictional character on a TV show, I'm good with them getting married as long as Oliver and Felicity are solid.

It seems weird for Felicity to be going to Iris' bachelor party because I think of her as Barry's friend, not Iris'.

All I ever, ever want is for them to let the ladies in this universe hang out and be friends. Unless it's a plot point, it's as if they forget they even know each other. I am bouncing over the moon right now. 

1 hour ago, Mellowyellow said:

I think it will be brief too, and agree partially with how she's likely to view things. Barry is going to be a bit scrambled when he gets out, but once he's safe and back to rights, she'll probably put everything on the table very quickly. It falls in line with what's happened in similar situations with him in the past.  Everything is going to come out all at once, and once it does...I think it will be quick because there's no choice but to work it out once its out there, if that makes sense.

1 hour ago, lemotomato said:

Elsewhere in the internet, we're holding out for the glorious return of Linda Park. Even if it's just for the event for the time being, we'd love to have her back. 

And seconded, thirded, and all of the above to female friendships! We need more of them, in-show and out. The reason doesn't matter, just let them interact.  I am begging here. 

• Love 6

God, how much would I love to hear that Sara, Amaya, Zari, Kara and Alex were going too. I literally would not care how stupid and contrived the reason was. I just want to see them all bonding.

• Love 4
7 minutes ago, Primal Slayer said:

Leaveit to Flash to give us something that's been yearned for on Arrow for what seems like forever now. 

Meh. When they can put as much thought and focus into giving Iris a job, identity and purpose on the show beyond servicing Barry then I'll give The Flash props.

Arrow maybe doesn't have girl bonding eps or bonding eps in general but at least the women are allowed for the most part their own identities and agencies. 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Primal Slayer said:

Leaveit to Flash to give us something that's been yearned for on Arrow for what seems like forever now. 

While it's not too often, females on Arrow have more one on one scenes together than on the flash.

Also this has been a request for both shows so I am confident Arrow will do it's part this year as well.

• Love 3
12 hours ago, LolaRuns said:

Has it been cofirmed anywhere that the working titles for the crossover are: 

Supergirl: Greater Foe

Arrow: Greater Loss

Flash: Greater Threat

Legends: Greater Menace

?

To me it still feels like it would be odd to have the WestAllen wedding right in the middle of the crossover. To me it just seems that a wedding would work better right at the beginning (the events start by the wedding getting disrupted) or at the ending (as the happy end to the crossover). But neither Supergirl nor Legends seem really suitable for this. And I don't think it would be good for the ship if the wedding took place on another show, because that means either would be missing from the season dvds or the season dvds would have to include episodes from the other shows (which hasn't been the case so far). 

Presumably the events start on Supergirl and whatever happens makes her convinced to team up with the rest (either the threat is so big she needs support, or she discovers something that will effect Earth Prime). They have promised that this time Supergirl would be more well integrated into the crossover, so even, let's say, Supergirl learns about things, but it takes place mostly on her show and Arrow starts with Supergirl crashing into their verse and maybe interrupting the Olicity wedding would feel odd, because that would even mean that the Supergirl is only superficially related to the crossover rather than crossover characters showing up in the Supergirl episode already. 

So either you have WestAllen wedding in a way that Barry is not that involved in the first 2 parts of the crossover (which I can't picture) so he would still be in the right happy headspace for the wedding, or he would decide to go forward with the wedding, despite the presumably being a huge threat affecting the world. 

The only other options I could picture if there is a fakeout victory at the end of Arrow. Episode 1: Supergirl discovers the threat. Episode 2: The threat appears to have been dealt with, but under some sort ot great loss. Episode 3: Thinking the threat has been vanquished they go forward with the WestAllen wedding, but it turns out the threat is back. Episode 4: Everything is wrapped up on Legends. 

To me the more traditional pacing would be the team getting their first big ass handing to them in the second episode. 

Episode 1: Threat is establish. Plans get formed to defeat it. Episode 2: Plan fails. Episode 3: Low point/character building. Episode 4: They find a way to defeat the threat. 

I'm thinking the crossover this year is not going to have as much structure episode wise, that what happens in the official show hours won't need to reflect on that particular show that much.  So more like just two blocks of a single movie where even if it's Supergirl that is kicking everything off, it might start off on Earth 1 with the Flash crew or the Lengends bunch playing in time and space.  And then yes, the full crossover movies would be on all the DVD's.  Didn't they do that the last couple years anyway?  

2 hours ago, LeighAn said:

Meh. When they can put as much thought and focus into giving Iris a job, identity and purpose on the show beyond servicing Barry then I'll give The Flash props.

Arrow maybe doesn't have girl bonding eps or bonding eps in general but at least the women are allowed for the most part their own identities and agencies. 

Yeah, just because Flash has a girl's episode (And I really hope it does end up being one where the boys go out of town or at least take a backseat to the action) doesn't mean we won't get something on Arrow.  And we have plenty of girl power anytime they want to go there.  

Oh and I just need to take a moment to geek over Katee Sackhoff showing up!  Yay Starbuck!!!!

• Love 2

I hope they all do. Friendships, communication, agency, that's something we all want across the board no matter what we watch. It's not a competition or a contest; it affects all of us. If introducing the Helix hactivists or promising more interaction with Alex and Lena on Supergirl or adding another female voice to Legends or just letting a few of the Flash and Arrow regulars unwind and let their hair down for a bridal shower allows for more scenes with women getting to actually interact with each other like fully realized human beings, I'm all for it. Some characters do suffer worse than others, it's true. But it would be nice to let them enjoy each other's company as people instead of plot points for a change.

• Love 5
8 hours ago, Mellowyellow said:

I bet the comic fanboys are still going to say that Felicity's ghost is haunting Iris's bachelorette party!

They are still so hopeful on Twitter that she's dead! 

Seriously, I read just that by at least one poster on reddit.  

But for the most part, the news of EBR being on The Flash has ended the denial and insistence that she dies on the island.  A moment of silence for all the fallen hopes.  ;)  ?????????

• Love 5