Type keyword(s) to search

Mind Your Surroundings: Arrow, The Flash, Supergirl, Legends of Tomorrow and Other Superhero Universes

ArctisTor
  • Start Topic

36 minutes ago, lemotomato said:

That morning the promo dropped is one of my best fandom memories. Everyone freaked out in the best ways. And then the actual sex scene lived up to the hype! It was a good 3 weeks to be an Olicity fan.

I remember everyone was like is it Oliver's hallucination!!! Thank gods it wasn't. Also, I really miss Roy. Also, that episode made me not hate Ray anymore. LOL

1 hour ago, LeighAn said:

True, but then again the guy would probably erase/reverse time ruining lives in the process the first time Iris yelled at him for not taking out the trash.  

Is it wrong of me to hope that if he does this, he'll accidentally bring back Baby Sara?

• Love 5
6 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

When is it available???

Hubby just struggled through Legion. Hehe I don't think he got it but he tried!

I skipped Legion...FOX and Mutants/X-Men make me twitch.

I think Defenders drops on the 18th

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, leopardprint said:

Legion is very trippy but at least has great visuals during the parts I didn't understand. ?

Did you get most of it?

Hubby was watching and then trying to read stuff to "guide" himself! We are idiots though! We watched 12 monkeys S1 and then between us we could not understand S2 (I don't think it's that hard, we are just not that bright) so we gave up! 

2 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

Did you get most of it?

Hubby was watching and then trying to read stuff to "guide" himself! We are idiots though! We watched 12 monkeys S1 and then between us we could not understand S2 (I don't think it's that hard, we are just not that bright) so we gave up! 

I think it's just one of those shows that you have to pay close attention to and not watch with with your phone, or iPad, or a magazine...Also I am pretty sure David was supposed to be an unreliable narrator. 

I missed an episode or two of Twelve Monkeys and was totally lost and I have seen both the films Twelve Monkeys and La Jetee. 

• Love 1
56 minutes ago, RedVitC said:

To discuss some news, I saw spoilers that there(but I don’t know how legit the source is) might be a wedding shower on Supergirl 3rd or 4th ep, so we can’t count out Supergirl as being the show providing the wedding, especially since they’re the first show of the crossover. I'll try to see if I can find it again.

If it's on Supergirl, it's going to be Alex/Maggie which doesn't have nearly the fanbase of Olicity or WestAllen.  Or for me, yawn. I hung in for it last season but it was so badly written, I fast forwarded most of the angst.

1 hour ago, Trini said:

Counterpoint: Iris and WestAllen were the only (romantic) couple featured in CW's summer promo.

They're really pushing the "comic book to TV screen", aren't they?  The picture of Barry carrying Iris has a Caucasian Iris.

I wonder why, the number of people who buy the comic books is far smaller than the number who watch the show.

34 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

Is it wrong of me to hope that if he does this, he'll accidentally bring back Baby Sara?

I'd watch for that.

Because comic book superheros sell in live action, not to mention they want to use both of them to help each other out. People don't get comics for free as opposed to a channel where it is practically guaranteed, the number would never be equal.

1 hour ago, RedVitC said:

Found it. Not sure where this info is coming from, so I'm not sure how reliable it is. I do recognize some things from BTS filming pics.

Most of that seems plausible, and I think some of it has even been confirmed (Cat recurring through the season for one thing).  DH posted a pic with Sharon Leal recently (I think @Trini posted it in the Supergirl forum) so that rumor is confirmed as well.

1 hour ago, Morrigan2575 said:

I loved Daredevil, didn't like Jessica Jones (found it boring) and haven't watched Luke Cage or Iron Fist but, I'm oddly looking forward to The Defenders. I just wish my boy Frank Castle was in it.

I made it through two episodes of Daredevil and an episode and a half of Jessica Jones.  Haven't tried Luke Cage or Iron Fist.  But there's something about team-ups like this that just sounds fun, even if I don't have the background.  

I loved JJ, couldn't get through Daredevil and am indifferent to LC and IF, but mostly positive. 

I have a dentist appointment on Friday,  which might take an hour or two at best.   But I definitely took off this Friday so I can try to binge watch the hell out of the Defenders, I'm way too excited. 

• Love 2

Loved Daredevil. To me it's probably the strongest of the shows and I think it's because it doesn't rely solely on its Hero to keep you engaged as Karen and Foggy have their own agencies and can hold their own storylines.

I thought Jessica Jones was increadibly well written and compelling but I don't know whether it's a one trick pony.

Luke Cage I wanted to like but it was just boring.

Iron fist was terrible in every measurable way and has the worst of all the leads.

Edited by LeighAn
  • Love 2

I really wanted to like Daredevil.  I went in expecting to like it.   But I found myself watching the clock during the two episodes, because it felt like it was just dragging.  And it was so dark that I had to watch it in the dark to see what was going on.  And that much vaunted hallway fight scene in episode two....well, let's just say I was somewhat less than impressed.  I thought about forcing myself to continue with it in hopes that it would improve, but ultimately I just wasn't motivated to do so.  

As far as Jessica Jones goes, it wasn't boredom that was the issue.  I just decided it was a bit too disturbing/dark for me.  

Edited by Starfish35
  • Love 1
19 minutes ago, Starfish35 said:

I really wanted to like Daredevil.  I went in expecting to like it.   But I found myself watching the clock during the two episodes, because it felt like it was just dragging.  And it was so dark that I had to watch it in the dark to see what was going on.  And that much vaunted hallway fight scene in episode two....well, let's just say I was somewhat less than impressed.  I thought about forcing myself to continue with it in hopes that it would improve, but ultimately I just wasn't motivated to do so.  

As far as Jessica Jones goes, it wasn't boredom that was the issue.  I just decided it was a bit too disturbing/dark for me.  

I had the exact same experience with Daredevil, I just didn't click with it and I was basically just watching it for the Rosario Dawson parts. 

I did like Jessica Jones but I've really liked the actress since Apt 23 but I understand why some could find it disturbing. 

Edited by leopardprint
  • Love 1

Enjoyed DD, found JJ compelling and disturbing (especially with Tennant being super creepy), actually liked LC mainly because of Alfre Woodard and Mahershala Ali, plus there's just this easiness with Mike Colter that I enjoy. I'm never ever going to touch IF and think his fight scenes in the Defenders preview are the worst (there are so many damn cuts! I can't tell whether that's just the way they cut the preview or it's because they're trying to hide how lame the actor is) but he might prove amusing in Defenders if Luke and JJ just roll their eyes at him.

Oh and Legion is THE BEST comic book show last season, IMO. Trippy and brilliant.

Edited by SmallScreenDiva
  • Love 1

It took me two tries to get through Daredevil but I ended up liking it. Not to the point that I'd ever re-watch, and I actually don't like Matt very much tbh, but it got better. S2 was a bit hit and miss though.

I really enjoyed both Jessica Jones and Luke Cage, even though I think Mike Colter comes across as very wooden and emotionless at times. The ensemble cast saved it for me. Also, the soundtrack. Haha.

The casting for the lead in Iron Fist was a problem, IMO, but in the end I didn't think it was too bad, especially compared to all the terrible reviews I'd read/heard about. But again, it was saved by the ensemble and it took about 6 episodes to really get going. If I'd been watching weekly, I definitely would have dropped it for good.

I'm really excited for The Defenders though.

Edited by Guest

If the Tribeca TV Festival is going to be an annual event, I wonder if it'll feature a CW DC show in the future...

Inaugural Tribeca TV Festival to Debut Gotham and Designated Survivor Premieres, Feature Will & Grace Cast
By Matt Webb Mitovich / August 16 2017, 8:14 AM PDT
http://tvline.com/2017/08/16/tribeca-tv-festival-gotham-designated-survivor-premieres/

Tribeca Enterprises announced on Wednesday that to supplement its acclaimed annual film festival, this fall it would launch the Tribeca TV Festival, to run Sept. 22 through 24 at Cinepolis in New York City and feature numerous premieres and panel Q&As.

‎”Ten years ago we wouldn’t have needed a TV festival. Now, with the change in the TV landscape, both the quality and quantity of shows, it makes sense,” Tribeca co-founder Robert De Niro said in a statement. “As the Tribeca Film Festival has done, the Tribeca TV Festival will act as a curator in bringing people together for this emerging experience.”
SATURDAY, SEPT. 23
4 pm | Gotham (Fox)

Executive producer Danny Cannon will be joined by cast members Ben McKenzie, Robin Lord Taylor, Camren Bicondova, David Mazouz, Sean Pertwee and Jessica Lucas, as they premiere the Season 4 opener, “The Fear Reaper.”

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

RAY DEBATES FIXING TIME IN EXCLUSIVE LEGENDS OF TOMORROW S2 DELETED SCENE
Mike Avila  August 15, 2017
http://www.syfy.com/syfywire/ray-debates-fixing-time-in-this-exclusive-deleted-scene-from-legends-of-tomorrow-s2

Season Two of Legends of Tomorrow debuts on Blu-ray/DVD August 15. It comes packed with extras, such as gag reels, the 2016 Comic Con panel, and deleted scenes. And SYFY WIRE has an exclusive look at one such scene from the episode titled, "Camelot 3000." The team winds up all up in the business of King Arthur as it tries to keep a fragment of the Spear out of the Legion of Doom's clutches. In this scene, Nate and Ray debate the changes to history caused by Stargirl, before Nate realizes Dr. Palmer isn't exactly pushing to put history back the way it should be.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

This is freaky. Ray totally looks like Ray DiMeo from Speechless grown up there.

Are the other shows' deleted scenes cropping up? Because I'd really like some of Arrow's even if they turn out to suck.

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, bijoux said:

This is freaky. Ray totally looks like Ray DiMeo from Speechless grown up there.

Are the other shows' deleted scenes cropping up? Because I'd really like some of Arrow's even if they turn out to suck.

the LOT DVD/Blu ray was released yesterday so i am guessing that is why we have been getting LOT deleted scenes in the past week. Supergirl should be next since that DVD drops on Tuesday. 

• Love 2

Something about Sara Lance’s storyline on season 3 of Legends of Tomorrow? — Benjilau
Though she’ll have a brief turn working at Sink, Shower & Stuff, Sara will be firmly in charge of the Legends this season. But she will also be suffering some guilt over making the decision that ultimately broke time. “She’s found her place as the captain of the Waverider, so unlike last season where it was a little bit of a learning curve, she’s happy to be the captain,” EP Marc Guggenheim says. “One of the things that hang over the whole year is the fact that she has some measure of responsibility for all the anachronisms that they are dealing with.”

http://ew.com/tv/2017/08/17/spoiler-room-arrow-once-upon-time-scandal/

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Velocity23 said:

I thought the LOT EP teased Nate hitting on Rays mom. 

They did *shudder*

I think this had been generally assumed, but not sure it had been confirmed yet.

Nevermind.  @Proteus tells me this was confirmed at SDCC - I obviously missed it. Sorry.  :(

there is a very good chance viewers will also meet Ray’s brother Sydney this season, to also be played by Legends‘ Brandon Routh.

Edited by Starfish35
33 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

Hot mom for Ray.  Maybe when they go back in time she could fall forMick.   ?

"Careful, Haircut, I'm your actual father now."

"THAT'S NOT TRUE! THAT'S IMPOSSIBLE!!"

28 minutes ago, Velocity23 said:

I thought the LOT EP teased Nate hitting on Rays mom. 

...that does not bode well for Amaya. :(

Although best case scenario: Nate tries to get a little charming with a stranger for information, and only realizes it's Ray's mom right in the middle of it...to his horror.

Although, what does this say about Ray's mom? Is she single and looking? Is his dad in the picture? Did Arrow ever have any details about Ray's childhood that would bear into this?

• Love 3
9 hours ago, Miss Dee said:

"Careful, Haircut, I'm your actual father now."

"THAT'S NOT TRUE! THAT'S IMPOSSIBLE!!"

...that does not bode well for Amaya. :(

Although best case scenario: Nate tries to get a little charming with a stranger for information, and only realizes it's Ray's mom right in the middle of it...to his horror.

Although, what does this say about Ray's mom? Is she single and looking? Is his dad in the picture? Did Arrow ever have any details about Ray's childhood that would bear into this?

Yeah, when I was first typing my comment about Mick hitting on Ray's mom, I wondered first about Nate, cause he seems just a bit more likely, but I thought he was with Amaya.  So I'm hoping it's not an actual spark and just him trying to be charming for info or something.  

I still think Mick would be a funnier choice.  But then, Mick is ALWAYS the funnier choice, lol.  

No, I don't remember anything about Ray's childhood on Arrow.  If I missed something, maybe @MellowYellow would know?  She's watched (and enjoyed) season three a few times.  ;)

Edited by BkWurm1
  • Love 2

I've only had time to watch the first episode of The Defenders so far but I already have the same complaint as I usually do for all Netflix/Marvel shows (especially Daredevil). WHY ARE THE NIGHT FIGHT SCENES SO DARK?! Look, okay, I know how dumb that sounds but they're so damn dark I can't see anything! My eyes! I literally have to turn off all the lights and then squint. Haha. 

Other than that, it's good so far! 

1 minute ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

I'm sorry but that's not even a comparable comparison. Better comparison would be Matt v. Oliver/ Daredevil v. Arrow.

I mean, it's not completely incomparable. The s1 trailer for Iron Fist was copying Arrow about as much as Daredevil was.

4 minutes ago, Starfish35 said:

Who is that Batman's kissing in your user icon, @GHScorpiosRule? I can't tell.

It's from the comic "Blackest Night" I believe-been trying to get that comic for years ever since a friend told me about that lip lock!!!??? But it's out of print  I only ship these two in the comics and toons!!!!

• Love 1

@Starfish35 That would be Bruce and Diana. 

The defenders was kind of a let down for me.   Jessica was awesome,  as was Trish and I enjoyed Matt's and Jess's interactions and bond,  but the plot fell flat for me.   I also thought the sidekicks would be more important than they were. 

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, Delphi said:

@Starfish35 That would be Bruce and Diana.

Thanks! That's what I was trying to figure out. :)

4 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

I only ship these two in the comics and toons!!!!

So not the movies is what you're saying? Lol.  

Yeah, I shipped them in Justice League/JLU too.  

• Love 4

Has it been cofirmed anywhere that the working titles for the crossover are: 

Supergirl: Greater Foe

Arrow: Greater Loss

Flash: Greater Threat

Legends: Greater Menace

?

To me it still feels like it would be odd to have the WestAllen wedding right in the middle of the crossover. To me it just seems that a wedding would work better right at the beginning (the events start by the wedding getting disrupted) or at the ending (as the happy end to the crossover). But neither Supergirl nor Legends seem really suitable for this. And I don't think it would be good for the ship if the wedding took place on another show, because that means either would be missing from the season dvds or the season dvds would have to include episodes from the other shows (which hasn't been the case so far). 

Presumably the events start on Supergirl and whatever happens makes her convinced to team up with the rest (either the threat is so big she needs support, or she discovers something that will effect Earth Prime). They have promised that this time Supergirl would be more well integrated into the crossover, so even, let's say, Supergirl learns about things, but it takes place mostly on her show and Arrow starts with Supergirl crashing into their verse and maybe interrupting the Olicity wedding would feel odd, because that would even mean that the Supergirl is only superficially related to the crossover rather than crossover characters showing up in the Supergirl episode already. 

So either you have WestAllen wedding in a way that Barry is not that involved in the first 2 parts of the crossover (which I can't picture) so he would still be in the right happy headspace for the wedding, or he would decide to go forward with the wedding, despite the presumably being a huge threat affecting the world. 

The only other options I could picture if there is a fakeout victory at the end of Arrow. Episode 1: Supergirl discovers the threat. Episode 2: The threat appears to have been dealt with, but under some sort ot great loss. Episode 3: Thinking the threat has been vanquished they go forward with the WestAllen wedding, but it turns out the threat is back. Episode 4: Everything is wrapped up on Legends. 

To me the more traditional pacing would be the team getting their first big ass handing to them in the second episode. 

Episode 1: Threat is establish. Plans get formed to defeat it. Episode 2: Plan fails. Episode 3: Low point/character building. Episode 4: They find a way to defeat the threat. 

• Love 2