Type keyword(s) to search

Mind Your Surroundings: Arrow, The Flash, Supergirl, Legends of Tomorrow and Other Superhero Universes

ArctisTor
  • Start Topic

2 hours ago, BkWurm1 said:

Why not?  Then we won't have to worry about anyone of our regulars dying.  

Why would anyone be worried about any regulars dying? What does his casting have to do with someone dying?

2 hours ago, way2interested said:

Yeah, some of my friends and I were taking bets as to whether he was going to eventually paired with that new female character they have for the season as well.

I doubt they'd pair him with another recurring guest star.

5 minutes ago, Proteus said:

Why would anyone be worried about any regulars dying? What does his casting have to do with someone dying?

Because supposedly he's character is in a popular comic story that involves he's wife being murdered. So someone speculated that might be the "emotional" stakes the writers keep addressing as being important to this years crossover.

As long as it's not a double wedding or really any wedding I'm cool with some random dying *shrug*

• Love 1
1 hour ago, statsgirl said:

I thought someone (DP?) said that Caitlin wasn't going to get a love interest this season.

Yes, across multiple interviews (though I believe it was more not wanting one, herself.) She was quite adamant about it. I think she's safe from Elongated Man for the time being. 

• Love 2
23 minutes ago, Delphi said:

But that honestly seems like a whole season of plot,  not just four episodes. 

Identity Crisis could be it's own show. If that is what the crossover will take inspiration from, I wonder what aspects it'll focus on. 

(Fun Fact: IC has 2 of my favorite covers of all time by the late Michael Turner. The Wonder Woman one and the one with the heroes capes/costumes/accessories hanging.)

13 minutes ago, LeighAn said:

Because supposedly he's character is in a popular comic story that involves he's wife being murdered. So someone speculated that might be the "emotional" stakes the writers keep addressing as being important to this years crossover.

As long as it's not a double wedding or really any wedding I'm cool with some random dying *shrug*

I don't see anyone caring about the death of a chaacters wife who were both just introduced.

2 minutes ago, Karlophe said:

Yes, across multiple interviews (though I believe it was more not wanting one, herself.) She was quite adamant about it. I think she's safe from Elongated Man for the time being. 

Eh. Nothing DP says really matters. She said the same thing last year and Julian still happened.

3 minutes ago, Proteus said:

Eh. Nothing DP says really matters. She said the same thing last year and Julian still happened.

Well I did say "for the time being". I know an actors wishes aren't necessarily at the forefront of writing decisions (to say the least...just look at poor Candace Patton). On the other hand, Felton isn't coming back and that could be one of many reasons contributing to his departure (I know he's since lined up new filmwork, so it could be as simple as that), so one never knows. They seem to be concentrating on her character for now which she seems to be pretty excited about; I guess we'll see if it sticks.

7 minutes ago, Karlophe said:

Well I did say "for the time being". I know an actors wishes aren't necessarily at the forefront of writing decisions (to say the least...just look at poor Candace Patton). On the other hand, Felton isn't coming back and that could be one of many reasons contributing to his departure (I know he's since lined up new filmwork, so it could be as simple as that), so one never knows. They seem to be concentrating on her character for now which she seems to be pretty excited about; I guess we'll see if it sticks.

Julian/Caitlin had fan support. I know I liked them. Last season was the same regarding Caitlin. It looked like all that would be focused on would be her getting powers at the beginning of the season. DP went on and on about how she would not be getting a love interest or wanted a love interest. Then mid season it became clear she was being paired with Julian. The Flash pairs everyone up. Even doomed HR had a short romance. I doubt Caitlin will remain the one person who is forever celibate.

I don't see anyone caring about the death of a chaacters wife who were both just introduced.

The crossover in 4 was built on someone trying to kill Kendra, a character with only a few episodes on the Flash and Hawkman, a brand new character so despite no one really caring, these guys have been known to try to use new characters to up the stakes.  

Edited by BkWurm1
  • Love 2

I think it's not about the viewers caring for the wife and the character who just appeared but how her death would affect everyone on the shows who has someone they love -- Oliver & Felicity, Diggle & Lyla, Dinah & her new love interest, Barry & Iris, Joe & his girlfriend, Cisco & Gypsy, Kara & Mon El, Alex & Maggie, & anyone else on LoT and elsewhere who is currently paired up.  The emotional cost of losing someone you love.

Poor Caitlin has had 3 love interests in 3 seasons, one of whom died and another of whom was evil. It's time to give the poor girl a rest.

• Love 6

Exactly. I don't think anyone is suggesting that she be forever alone, just that she's had a tough go of it and right now she's just trying to find herself. 

And I liked them, too. He was going through the same thing she was and joined to the team in large part to support her. Even if she wasn't in a place for a serious relationship I wish they'd let her lean on him a little more. I'm still pissed he's gone and we weren't afforded any closure. 

• Love 3

All the New Characters Confirmed For the Arrowverse This Season
by Russ Burlingame | July 31, 2017
http://comicbook.com/dc/2017/08/01/all-the-new-characters-confirmed-for-the-arrowverse-this-season

• Supergirl - Morgan Edge, M’yrnn J’onzz, Psi, Reign
  • Flash - The Thinker, The Mechanic, Breacher, Elongated Man
  • LoT - Zari Adriana Tomaz, Kuasa
  • Arrow - Richard Dragon, Michael Emerson's unidentified character
Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

Are you confusing him with Rick Gonzales playing Rene Ramirez? J. R. Ramirez played Wildcat in S3. I don't really remember him "exuding warmth, edge and intelligence" during his run on Arrow, though.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, bijoux said:

Are you confusing him with Rick Gonzales playing Rene Ramirez? J. R. Ramirez played Wildcat in S3. I don't really remember him "exuding warmth, edge and intelligence" during his run on Arrow, though.

Yep, completely. Lol.  Knew it was too good to be true.  

• Love 1
16 hours ago, statsgirl said:

I think it's not about the viewers caring for the wife and the character who just appeared but how her death would affect everyone on the shows who has someone they love -- Oliver & Felicity, Diggle & Lyla, Dinah & her new love interest, Barry & Iris, Joe & his girlfriend, Cisco & Gypsy, Kara & Mon El, Alex & Maggie, & anyone else on LoT and elsewhere who is currently paired up.  The emotional cost of losing someone you love.

Poor Caitlin has had 3 love interests in 3 seasons, one of whom died and another of whom was evil. It's time to give the poor girl a rest.

It's probably why Sara is getting a "real" love interest this season. 

2 hours ago, statsgirl said:

And given that one of the EPs said they would emphasize Sara's bisexuality this season, I bet her new love interest is going to be male.

I don't think so. That'd be pretty boring.

3 minutes ago, Proteus said:

I don't think so. That'd be pretty boring.

How is her being with a man more boring than her being with a woman?

For me what makes love interests more interesting is if said LI is interesting and has good chemistry w/ their significant others. IMO Gender hardly makes something more or less interesting - I think it's WHO the person is... 

• Love 21
1 minute ago, wonderwall said:

For me what makes love interests more interesting is if said LI is interesting and has good chemistry w/ their significant others. IMO Gender hardly makes something more or less interesting - I think it's WHO the person is... 

Agreed, especially since tbh besides with Nyssa, I liked Sara best with Snart (at least thinking that their dynamic was one of the good things about s1). Nyssa and Sara had that interesting passion and background with each other while Snart and Sara had an interesting development and dynamic with each other, which I thought was a cool balance for Sara's character and her sexuality. 

• Love 1

I would have been good if they'd explored more with Rip as the seasons went on as well, but given AD's more limited episode involvement, I'm trying to let go of that wish.  Yeah, whoever Sara gets as a love interest and if it's compelling will depend on good casting.  Not sure what that really will end up looking like.  Sara and Snart weren't something I automatically pictured until we were shown it.  But it was lovely while it lasted.  :(

Edited by BkWurm1
  • Love 4
14 minutes ago, wonderwall said:

How is her being with a man more boring than her being with a woman?

My preference is Sara be with a woman. JMO.

My preference is Sara be with a woman. JMO.

I can understand that since I don't think Sara has had a true recurring female love interest. Though I guess her relationship with Oliver is really the only actual onscreen relationship she's had that lasted more than an episode. 

• Love 1
1 minute ago, BkWurm1 said:

Has the casting info ruled out the new girl on the team being her love interest?  

MG said a new character, so I'd say she counts.

I liked Sara with Snart & Rip as well. But I gave up on those options a long time ago.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, BkWurm1 said:

Has the casting info ruled out the new girl on the team being her love interest?  

No.  MG just said Sara's love interest will be a new character, and Zari's new.  But I also am leaning toward the new love interest being male, just because of the comment about re-establishing Sara's bisexuality.  Either way, though, I'm with @wonderwall on this.  For me it's going to depend on the character and their chemistry with Sara, not whether they're male or female.  

I liked Sara and Snart, and I was starting to warm up to the idea of Sara and Rip last year - I thought that could have developed into an interesting dynamic with her being the captain and him trying to figure where he fits in now.  But....yeah.  Obviously neither of those things is going to happen now.

I did think CL and KL had great chemistry, but I just always felt uncomfortable with that relationship (Nyssara) because of the situation Sara was in when they got together.  It just felt like a bit of Stockholm Syndrome to me.  Sara had no power to leave, to walk away, and that just made me uncomfortable with the whole situation.  YMMV of course. *shrug*

Edited by Starfish35
  • Love 4

They finally confirmed her casting:

http://deadline.com/2017/08/dcs-legends-of-tomorrow-jes-macallan-recur-season-3-the-cw-mistresses-1202140467/amp/

Mistresses alumna Jes Macallan has signed on for a recurring role in the third season of the CW’s superhero drama DC’s Legends of Tomorrow.

Macallan will play Special Agent Ava Sharpe, a hard working agent for a secret branch of the Federal Government (the Time Bureau) dedicated to the regulation of time-travel and the protection of history. She is very smart and incredibly ambitious and always believes she is the smartest person in the room. She is often quite ruthless in obtaining her goals and her drive for perfection has left many discarded friendships (and relationships) in her wake.

Macallan joins Legends stars Brandon Routh, Victor Garber, Arthur Darvill, Dominic Purcell, Caity Lotz, Franz Drameh, Nick Zano, Amy Pemberton, Matt Letscher and Maisie Richardson-Sellers, along with new Season 3 regular Tala Ashe, in the series from Berlanti TV and Warner Bros. TV.

• Love 1
31 minutes ago, Proteus said:

She is very smart and incredibly ambitious and always believes she is the smartest person in the room.

That room now contains Ray, Stein, Nate and maybe Lily.  She's going to have a hard time with showing them up.

Is Matt Letscher really back next season?  I thought Thawne was dust, and Darhk was back.

20 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

That room now contains Ray, Stein, Nate and maybe Lily.  She's going to have a hard time with showing them up.

Is Matt Letscher really back next season?  I thought Thawne was dust, and Darhk was back.

I really want to see more of Lily Stein.  I really liked her.

I think that press release must be mistaken.  I've heard nothing at all about Thawne being back, but Neal McDonough IS going to be a series regular, so I think they just must have grabbed something from last year when Matt Letscher was a series regular.

• Love 3

To me the Nyssa/Sara relationship never felt like Stockholm... at least oin regards to themselves.   Would it have happened under normal circumstances,  no.   But I always got the feeling that their love was something they discovered together to escape both of their situations.   Nyssa trapped being the heir,  Sara trapped by being lost.   Surely Sara wouldn't preordain Nyssa finding her if she didn't want to be found by her.   And Nyssa released Sara when she realized that its what Sara needed.  It might be super dysfunctional but Nyssara might be the healthiest shipin the universe. 

• Love 1

I don't think Nyssa felt trapped being the heir - up until her father disowned her in favor of Oliver, it seemed to be something she was quite proud of, judging from the way she announced it to everyone she met.  

I'm not in any way saying that Nyssa forced herself on Sara - I do believe Sara cared for her.  But neither was it a situation where Sara was entirely free to make her own decisions.  When Nyssa appeared in Heir to the Demon, Sara expected Nyssa to kill her.  And Nyssa only released her after finally realizing that Sara would rather die than return to the League, and that was after poisoning her sister and abducting her mother in order to coerce her back.  They only resume their relationship after Sara sacrifices her freedom by re-pledging to the League in order to secure help for Oliver against Slade.  

I do believe that Nyssa loves Sara with all her heart, but when we first meet her, she is also the ruthless daughter of Ra's al Ghul who does not see anything wrong with threatening Sara's family in order to get her back.  By the last time Sara and Nyssa meet (when Sara comes to Nanda Parbat after her resurrection), Nyssa has grown enough to freely let Sara go out of love.  And what is telling to me is that Sara does not protest overly much.  I think Sara cares for Nyssa, but she isn't the love of Sara's life the way Sara is for Nyssa.   

• Love 9

I think that's a good idea - they're more likely to get viewers to stick around this way. Provided they advertise the hell out of Arrow so that people who watch it realize it's on a different night.

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 5
4 minutes ago, ruby24 said:

So they're moving Arrow for crossover week! 

Hmm. If we're still thinking wedding, this increases the odds that it's a WestAllen one, imo.

I don't get this logic... How so? I think it would've increased the odds if they were last in line. 

I actually never thought anyone would get married in the crossovers... Strategically, it simply doesn't make sense for the network to do it. 

Bummer for SA since he said he liked the idea of closing the crossover, but oh well.

2 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

Provided they advertise the hell out of it so that people who watch the shows that are moving realize they're on a different night, of course.

I wonder if actually having it be a two-night crossover instead of the false "four" night crossover might help with that too. Less days so they can consolidate all the promo onto those two days rather than spreading them across the week and actually delivering a good portion on the first day.

• Love 3

Well, I'm just thinking that IF (still and if, because we don't know) the wedding is what they're gathering for, then that could still happen on Flash's episode, then whatever the threat is can be dealt with on Legends. But who knows.

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

I think that's a good idea - they're more likely to get viewers to stick around this way. Provided they advertise the hell out of it so that people who watch the shows that are moving realize they're on a different night, of course.

It sounds like Arrow's the only show that's moving.  Supergirl, Flash, and Legends will all stay where they're at.  But yeah, with the new lineup, I think this works better.

3 minutes ago, Starfish35 said:

It sounds like Arrow's the only show that's moving.  Supergirl, Flash, and Legends will all stay where they're at.  But yeah, with the new lineup, I think this works better.

ETA: I forgot Legends is on Tuesdays now, LOL- NEVERMIND

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 1

If the rumored working title for the Arrow episode is "Greater Loss," possibly indicating a death.  The more I think about the crossover (potentially being an Identity Crisis adaptation), I think TV Echo is right, that Lyla's life could be in danger.  What happens if the introduction of Elongated Man is a red herring kinda like how people expected Chase to be the Vigilante (because of his comic book name and then it turned out that he was Prometheus).  Comic fans who know the story would expect Elongated Man's significant other to be killed at some point, and then nothing happens.  Then, all of a sudden Lyla gets killed - it would be shocking and horrible for everyone including the audience.  The most stable couple in the DCtv-verse is broken.  David mentioned something about Diggle's marriage will be a focus this year...what happens if that is the buildup before the fall.  I don't like putting it out there, but it would be a way to make the crossover really emotional and shocking.

Edited by ComicFan777
  • Love 4
3 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

No, Legends is moving too.

Legends isn't moving - Tuesday at 9pm is its regularly scheduled airtime.

Never mind. :) Just saw your edit.

Edited by Starfish35