Type keyword(s) to search

Mind Your Surroundings: Arrow, The Flash, Supergirl, Legends of Tomorrow and Other Superhero Universes

ArctisTor
  • Start Topic

(edited)

It Sounds Like Static Shock Could Appear In BLACK LIGHTNING; Arrowverse Crossovers A Possibility
Josh Wilding | 6/16/2017
https://www.comicbookmovie.com/tv/dc/arrow/it-sounds-like-static-shock-could-appear-in-black-lightning-arrowverse-crossovers-a-possibility-a151839

That is Static Shock, a hero who himself has come close to the small screen a number of times over the years. "I love the idea of Static Shock, and in success, hopefully, we’ll be able to pull other characters in that way. So I’m holding out hope because I love that character." That would be very cool to see and with no other plans seemingly in place for Static, it would make sense for him to show up here.

As for the possibility of Black Lightning crossings paths with heroes from the Arrowverse, Akil added: "The storytelling is a little bit more political. It’s topical, and it’s a little grittier. It doesn’t mean that down the road there won’t be visits." Assuming the show succeeds, crossovers could happen then! 

Edited by tv echo

Finally saw Wonder Woman, and I thought it was by far the best of the DC movies, with a competently written plot (for the most part) and likable characters who actually had well defined, interesting personalities. Like, I was so amazed to see people in a DC movie actually smiling at each other, and talking like normal people. That being said, I'm still #TeamMarvel when it comes to the movies, but I WANT to like the DC movies (if they took away the awesome version of Deadshot we have on TV, this franchise BETTER not fall apart), and I think this is a step in the right direction.

Also, seeing the trailer for the Justice League movie, and seeing that version of Barry, is just super weird. He seems to have the same backstory and characterization as our Barry, so I will basically be watching some alternative universe Barry, like the millions of Harrys in The Flash. Just weird.

• Love 1
(edited)
5 hours ago, tennisgurl said:

I thought it was by far the best of the DC movies, with a competently written plot (for the most part) and likable characters who actually had well defined, interesting personalities

In particular, one of the big things that was so much more enjoyable for me was that it was a linear story, not just a bunch of disconnected one minute vignettes bouncing around from character to character and seemingly unrelated incident to incident.  WW came with a defined point of view and protagonist to root for right from the start rather than how in BvS I felt like I was  at first watching a 30 minute "previously on" recap that showed only just enough of a moment to get the audience up to speed, but not so much to let the audience really feel or know the characters let alone really care.

It's like they were fast forwarding through a couple movies so they could get to the point where they could tell the story they wanted to tell, but since it was all a forced rush to get there, it all rang hollow.  Dull even.  Like fighting a swarm of masked ninjas.  Just action for action's sake, which for me, is never enough.  BvS (and the whole movie franchise) didn't put the work in, instead they relied on the audience bringing with them affection for the characters from other unrelated incarnations for emotional weight.  

Basically, a tell not show.  But WW SHOWED us who she was and why we should love her.  It magnified any preexisting affection for Diana while BvS IMO immediately started chipping away at the good will I'd walked into the theater with.    

Edited by BkWurm1
  • Love 12
11 minutes ago, way2interested said:

Better yet, it made me enjoy her BvS scenes even more. Looking at all of her scenes with this movie in mind really gives her scenes more depth (her interactions with Bruce, her reaction to Superman's "death," etc.).

Agreed. And her scenes were already the best part.  :D

• Love 2

It also helped that it had multiple appeal in that it seamlessly offered entertaining character study moments, comedy, romance, social commentary, period drama, comic canon Easter egg moments AND action rather then being too much of one or the other. It was a movie willing to appeal to more then one viewer. To me ever since Nolan set the standards of what an entertaining and interesting comic book movie can look like WW has been the first film since that can comfortably be compared in the same caliber (that includes all the Marvel films). The fact that it's featuring a female protagonist is just an added bonus to the fact that it was just very well made.

One of my favourite moments in the film was Diana and Steve talking about their different values and knowledge in the boat on the way to England in regards to women, marriage and sex- which I recently read was partly improved by the actors which made me love it more- I think those little moments like that were what was missing from the previous DC films in this verse.

I agree that with MoS BvS SS you wanted to like those movies because they were well cast and every now and then through out the films there'd be an element of a great film hidden in there but they missed the mark. I think WB just got too worried about what Marvel/Disney were doing at let themselves rush their tent poles out rather then taking their time to develop the films and then letting the characters speak for themselves instead of either being the DC answer to a Marvel film or promoting itself a as everything that the Marvel films are not. 

• Love 4

I took my just turned 7 niece to see Wonder Woman yesterday and she loved it. The moment the movie ended she told me that it was awesome. This is just her 3rd movie in a theater.

On the drive back to her house she couldn't stop talking about it. "The stunt work was complex and I could only tell that WW wasn't doing her stunts in one scene." I asked what gave it away and she said the shoes the stuntwoman wore. I remember that scene and agreed. She was pleased that WW's story started as a little girl and loved the stunts on the horses and wanted to know if these were stunt, circus or rodeo people. She is always interested in how movies are made and likes to figure out how the action scenes are filmed and sometimes gets lost in the making of the movie rather than the story. She then went on and told me 'how compelling' the movie was.  

I asked her if I would have to get her a WW costume for Halloween and she said no because she doesn't believe in superheroes because they are not real. I knew this but I wanted to see if she had changed her mind. She told me that the Arrow will always be her favorite because he is an ordinary human with no enhanced powers and yes she realizes that he is not real either.  I asked her if she was really only seven and she laughed and then asked if I would buy her the next Percy Jackson book, she has read all but the latest one. 

• Love 8
(edited)
6 hours ago, tv echo said:

Teri Hatcher reunited with Dean Cain at Supanova Sydney on June 17 (video posted by Folc4evernaday Productions)...

417BF39A00000578-0-image-a-86_1497676104

417BF3A900000578-0-image-a-88_1497676430

(pics source)

Lois & Clark excelled at including romance into the storyline in a way that I haven't seen in ages without first having to sit through 5 years of will they, won't they.  I feel like shows don't know how to incorporate flirting and romance without making the couple immediately jump in bed.  I'm not complaining about them jumping in bed, just that shows seem to run on an all or nothing diet.  Like how when Olicity was not on the table in parts of season five, we couldn't even get the couple acting like human beings.   

Edited by BkWurm1
  • Love 6

I don't think Lois & Clark had to bother with the whole "will or wont they?" "Are they OTP" which is what helped it be such a good show. It's been awhile since I watched the series but I feel like they didn't really try to play with their audience.

19 minutes ago, Primal Slayer said:

I don't think Lois & Clark had to bother with the whole "will or wont they?" "Are they OTP" which is what helped it be such a good show. It's been awhile since I watched the series but I feel like they didn't really try to play with their audience.

They had other love interests early on and did stalls later on, but no, I don't think the audience ever doubted they would be together in the end.  I guess they were more of a when will they then a will they.  

• Love 4
1 minute ago, BkWurm1 said:

They had other love interests early on and did stalls later on, but no, I don't think the audience ever doubted they would be together in the end.  I guess they were more of a when will they then a will they.  

I think this is because they're an iconic couple that everyone knows. Not every show has that. 

But I recently did a rewatch and all the Clana of it all before, the stalls, etc. later on were so frustrating to watch (in the least entertaining way possible).

• Love 2
39 minutes ago, wonderwall said:

I think this is because they're an iconic couple that everyone knows. Not every show has that. 

In this case, it's right in the title of the show, so from that standpoint I agree, but after Smallville (and Arrow for that matter) an iconic couple will never be enough on it's own for me.  Still, there are ways to clearly telegraph a show's direction.  Though I suppose after Arrow, now everyone will be just a bit uncertain if the telegraphed couple will stick, lol.  

• Love 3
(edited)
17 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

In this case, it's right in the title of the show, so from that standpoint I agree, but after Smallville (and Arrow for that matter) an iconic couple will never be enough on it's own for me.  Still, there are ways to clearly telegraph a show's direction.  Though I suppose after Arrow, now everyone will be just a bit uncertain if the telegraphed couple will stick, lol.  

I will continue to bless Arrow for breaking this precedent for life. Shows should do what come naturally and not try to force something to happen. Destiny is a shitty way to sell a love story because it makes the writers lazy in how they write their main couples... 

Edited by wonderwall
  • Love 4
4 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

Though I suppose after Arrow, now everyone will be just a bit uncertain if the telegraphed couple will stick, lol.  

Honestly, a big part if the reason I didn't even believe my eyes with Olicity early on was because of the major dumpster fire burn that was the HIMYM finale. I thought, if these prople are willing to spend what feels like eons on the evolution of one particular couple, showing their ups, downs and evenual development for several seasons of the show only to switch back to an ostensibly dead OTP in the end, then it's hard to trust that the couple that I like (and that makes the most sense) will actually get to be OTP for the show, no matter how much they telegraph it.

(That being said, I'm no longer concerned about that for Arrow, barring either EBR or SA leaving the show. They ain't going back on Olicity now.)

• Love 4

Honestly, a big part if the reason I didn't even believe my eyes with Olicity early on was because of the major dumpster fire burn that was the HIMYM finale. I thought, if these prople are willing to spend what feels like eons on the evolution of one particular couple, showing their ups, downs and evenual development for several seasons of the show only to switch back to an ostensibly dead OTP in the end, then it's hard to trust that the couple that I like (and that makes the most sense) will actually get to be OTP for the show, no matter how much they telegraph it.

A good reason to be fearful. 

At the same time, I puzzle over why a number of people in the Flash fandom are afraid that Iris isn't intended to be endgame.  At least on HIMYM they'd been a pairing at one time (even if it seemed that ship had long sailed) and in Arrow's case, Lauliver was introduced in the pilot as toxic (not to mention Laurel now actually being dead).  But WestAllen's only credible threat (Eddie) is also dead and yet, for some, the fear remains.

I wish there was an instructional primer for TV viewers so they could distinguish between normal show stalls and a show writing to kill a pairing.   

• Love 5
2 hours ago, BkWurm1 said:

At the same time, I puzzle over why a number of people in the Flash fandom are afraid that Iris isn't intended to be endgame.  ...

Especially when this past season has had the most positive things going for Barry and Iris as a couple.

2 hours ago, BkWurm1 said:

I wish there was an instructional primer for TV viewers so they could distinguish between normal show stalls and a show writing to kill a pairing.   

Stall = Oliver/Felicity - Season 5
Killing = Kara/James - Season 2
OTP = Barry/Iris - Season 3

• Love 5
15 minutes ago, Trini said:

Stall = Oliver/Felicity - Season 5
Killing = Kara/James - Season 2
OTP = Barry/Iris - Season 3

I definitely agree, but the only problem with this is that hindsight is 20/20 for a lot of people and they freak out over things going on currently no matter what happened in the past, like seeing s5 for Arrow as killing Olicity, seeing Karamel in s2 as a stall for Kara/James, and seeing "killing Iris" as really killing Iris and/or killing the ship. It's just a mix of a perception/execution mess. 

• Love 1
(edited)

Yeah I don't get the Barry/Iris fear either. 

Even amongst general non shippers who watch the shows (people I know in real life who watch but aren't invested) the consensus is that Laurel is a hateful character who they wouldn't wish on anyone but Barry/Iris are fine. 

I think you have to have a real problem with one half of a pair for them to switch.

I hated HIMYM and they ffed up but they did have Ted mooning after Robin for seasons on end so in that sense they had the licence to revisit that train wreck even if they had killed that relationship for the audience! *sigh* I didn't know how much I loved the mother until they sold her to me and then killed her. 

Edited by Mellowyellow
  • Love 1

I've seen some WeatAllen fans act super threatened by Olicity as though they have some baring on what happens with Barry and Iris, so I've always figured walking around with a chip on their shoulder about things that seem ridiculous from the outside is WestAllen fans natural state. 

12 minutes ago, way2interested said:

seeing Karamel in s2 as a stall for Kara/James

The way they ended Kara/James, I still think they were keeping it in their back pocket in case Mon El wasn't so "successful".  Everyone got a love interest last season, Alex, Winn, J'onn, but not James, not even a hint of one.  That suggests to me that they were keeping him as a spare.

(I put 'successful' in quotation marks because I think he's the most divisive character in the Arrowverse (and a deal-breaker for me) but the show's producers love him like no one else.)

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

I hated HIMYM and they ffed up but they did have Ted mooning after Robin for seasons on end so I'm that sense they had the licence to revisit that train wreck even if they had killed that relationship for the audience! *sigh* I didn't know how much I loved the mother until they sold her to me and then killed her. 

I just hated that they spent multiple seasons laying out why Robin and Ted were not meant to be including having the characters themselves say it. Robin even said she could never love Ted or see herself with him. And the differences in what they wanted in life and what they needed made perfect sense. 

I could have accepted the Robin/Mother bait and switch and I could see how it echoes back to where the show began but they had sold the audience on the fact that Robin and Ted were not only wrong for each other romantically but also bad for each other romantically. And then you go into the Barney betrayal aspect.

• Love 2
(edited)

'Cars 3' Speeds to Weekend #1 as 'Wonder Woman' Tops $570M Worldwide
by Brad Brevet  June 18, 2017
http://www.boxofficemojo.com/news/?id=4300

Second place belongs to Wonder Woman, which dropped a mere 30% for an outstanding $40.7 million, which puts its domestic cume just shy of $275 million. This is the second largest third weekend ever for WB, just behind the $42.6 million for The Dark Knight and ahead of the $35.7 million for The Dark Knight Rises. Additionally, the film went into the weekend outpacing Man of Steel after 14 days in release and it is also now overtaken Suicide Squad, which had grossed $262.4 million after 17 days, which is impressive to say the least considering Wonder Woman debuted with $62.7 million less than Suicide Squad. If you'd like to drill deeper, you can compare all four of the DC Extended Universe titles right here.

Internationally, Wonder Woman delivered an estimated $39.5 million from 62 markets, bringing the international cume to $297.2 million, pushing the film's worldwide total to $571.8 million. This puts Wonder Woman's international cume ahead of films such as The Wolverine ($282.2m), Thor ($268.2m) and Iron Man ($266.7m). Openings this weekend included an estimated $3.2 million debut in Germany, a $982k opening in the Netherlands and a $810k release in Norway.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 5
(edited)

GA looks like Ewan McGregor in the below pic...

For Better Or For Worse: Injustice 2’s Worst Characters
by Robert Workman | June 18, 2017
http://comicbook.com/gaming/2017/06/18/for-better-or-for-worse-injustice-2-s-worst-characters/

4. Green Arrow
injustice-1003420.png

First off, I just can’t take Green Arrow’s old-school look that seriously. I’m not sure if it’s the mustache or the fact that it’s so un-Stephen Amell like, but something’s off. But on top of that, his attack styles can take a lot to really get used to, especially when it comes to executing chain attacks. You need to be in just the right place to effectively pull these off, and if you don’t, you become wide open to a series of attacks. On top of that, his defense is a bit on the weak side, which means he could be toast within just a few combos and a super move execution. He still has his arsenal, but he takes a lot of getting used to.
3. Black Canary
injustice-1003416.jpg

Black Canary is a great face to see in the Injustice 2 cast, not just because she’s got a striking design, but because her octaves make for an incredible weapon within the game. In fact, her Super is one of our favorites once she hits it. But here’s the thing – she just isn’t that heavy a hitter. Most of her attacks can’t compare to some of the more stronger characters in the game, and she’s also not top-tier when it comes to defense. That doesn’t mean she shouldn’t be played with – some of her moves are fun. But expect an uphill struggle when it comes to getting used to what she has to offer.

5. Bane
4. Green Arrow
3. Black Canary
2. Atrocitus
1. Cheetah
BONUS: Superman

Edited by tv echo

The Five Best Injustice 2 Characters
by Robert Workman | June 15, 2017
http://comicbook.com/gaming/2017/06/15/the-five-best-injustice-2-characters/

2. Supergirl
injustice-2-1003045.jpg

Probably the most impressive of the new additions to the Injustice 2 roster, Supergirl actually handles better than her older brethren, Superman. Some of you may find that hard to believe, but she’s got a superb list of moves that come off like a dream (or a nightmare, depending if you’re playing as her or against her), and her super is incredibly powerful. On top of that, her Frost Breath really ties in to a number of combos, and serves as a great equalizer – even if you’re fighting against Superman. And, oh yeah, we totally dig her Power Girl costume. We know most of you do, too.
1. The Flash
injustice-2-1003046.jpg

A few of you may be questioning my choice of the Flash (or Reverse Flash, if you prefer) as my top pick on the Injustice chain, but the others can easily see why. His speedy moves are well integrated into his character, whether you’re using a spin dash or chaining together a combo of hits – which still hit the opponent after you’re done swinging your fists. I also like his damage level, which is just about right between his special moves and attacks. Finally, his super is insanely good, especially when you send a foe headbutting into an Egyptian pyramid, a T-Rex, and then themselves back in the normal time setting. What?!

5. Captain Cold
4. Deadshot
3. Batman
2. Supergirl
1. The Flash
BONUS: Darkseid

• Love 2

Hahahahaha about

5 hours ago, tv echo said:

First off, I just can’t take Green Arrow’s old-school look that seriously. I’m not sure if it’s the mustache or the fact that it’s so un-Stephen Amell like, but something’s off.

Sorry, couldn't help it.

6 hours ago, tv echo said:

'Cars 3' Speeds to Weekend #1 as 'Wonder Woman' Tops $570M Worldwide
by Brad Brevet  June 18, 2017
http://www.boxofficemojo.com/news/?id=4300

Internationally, Wonder Woman delivered an estimated $39.5 million from 62 markets, bringing the international cume to $297.2 million, pushing the film's worldwide total to $571.8 million. This puts Wonder Woman's international cume ahead of films such as The Wolverine ($282.2m), Thor ($268.2m) and Iron Man ($266.7m). Openings this weekend included an estimated $3.2 million debut in Germany, a $982k opening in the Netherlands and a $810k release in Norway.

Does that mean that we'll now get a series of superhero films based on female characters?

Yeah, I didn't think so.

• Love 2

DCTV shows represented in First Wave of TCA nominations

Choice Action TV Show (#ChoiceActionTVShow)
Arrow
Gotham
Lethal Weapon
Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.
Supergirl
The Flash

Choice Action TV Actor (#ChoiceActionTVActor)
Chris Wood – Supergirl
Clayne Crawford – Lethal Weapon
Gabriel Luna – Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.
Grant Gustin – The Flash
Stephen Amell – Arrow
Wentworth Miller – Prison Break

Choice Action TV Actress (#ChoiceActionTVActress)
Caity Lotz – Legends of Tomorrow
Candice Patton – The Flash
Danielle Panabaker – The Flash
Emily Bett Rickards – Arrow
Jordana Brewster – Lethal Weapon
Melissa Benoist – Supergirl

http://www.eonline.com/news/861781/teen-choice-awards-2017-nominations-announced-see-the-first-wave-of-potential-winners

• Love 2

Lol.  I didn't catch that it was Teen Choice Awards at first, since the Television Critics Association Award nominees were also announced today, and I was reading down through the list going "really? Seriously?"  Then I realized Teen Choice Awards.  Ah!  It all makes sense now. :)

• Love 2

This probably has to be the worst TCA nominees ever (all around). Are they just going to invite like 20 people? lol.

Choice Drama TV Actress (#ChoiceDramaTVActress)
Ashley Benson – Pretty Little Liars
Bella Thorne – Famous In Love
Lucy Hale – Pretty Little Liars
Sasha Pieterse – Pretty Little Liars
Shay Mitchell – Pretty Little Liars
Troian Bellisario – Pretty Little Liars

This makes them look like a big joke.

• Love 3
20 minutes ago, lemotomato said:

It's hard to care about the Teen Choice Awards when it appears their criteria for selecting the winner depends on which nominee feels like showing up for the ceremony.

I don't think anyone takes them seriously in general but at least put a little bit of effort into it lol.

I took them seriously seventeen years ago when I was eleven!

In the first injustice game Green Arrow had an Arrow skin voiced by Stephen that really made playing him one of the best parts of the game.   I'm surprised and disappointed that they didn't make more of an effort to combine some of the dctv costumes into the game. 

• Love 2
1 minute ago, SmallScreenDiva said:

I think it depends on who the network, in this case The CW, wants to push. So yeah, ITA, Melissa and Grant. 

That was my thinking. 

13 hours ago, apinknightmare said:

Does anyone take them seriously?

I learned my lesson about TCA rigging when I was about sixteen, the last year I ever watched them, when winners that shouldn't have won did, mostly for the same movie/TV show, and then I caught the fine print at the end of the show, basically stating that votes don't matter because the board behind TCAs can say "nah, I don't want this winner" and pick their own. 

I know award shows are rigged to some extent, but TCAs are super rigged and they basically tell you at the end of the show that they're rigged and if you don't like it, then too bad.  

• Love 3
14 hours ago, apinknightmare said:

Does anyone take them seriously?

Well, they can tell you whose publicist is out there hustling, so in that very limited sense, yes, by all means take them seriously. 

• Love 4
8 hours ago, Velocity23 said:

I dont think this is about a network paying. Because i dont see how SPN was able to win with the way the network treated them. 

The CW may not always treat SPN right but Chico sure as hell does. Got them an EW cover last season (and I don't believe for a second that was just fans voting).

Just now, SmallScreenDiva said:

The CW may not always treat SPN right but Chico sure as hell does. Got them an EW cover last season (and I don't believe for a second that was just fans voting).

No, that was fan voting.  SPN has been the CWs red-headed step child for years. Everything that show has gotten including TV Guide and EW covers have been because of the fans. 

• Love 6

If you care about voting...

Teen Choice 2017 - Vote for Your Favorite Nominees
http://www.teenchoice.com/teen-choice/article/vote-for-your-favorite-nominees

Vote for Favorite Nominees HERE and on Twitter through June 22
LIVE Celebration Airs Sunday, August 13, LIVE on FOX
Voting will officially open at 5:00 PM PT tonight via TeenChoice.com and Twitter. Starting tonight through Thursday, June 22 at 9:00 PM PT, fans are allowed 10 votes per category, per day, per platform user ID, for their favorite TEEN CHOICE 2017 Wave One nominees. Vote via Twitter by tweeting a category hashtag (please see below) with the nominee’s name (either @nominee or if the nominee does not have a Twitter account use #nominee). You may only vote for one TEEN CHOICE nominee per Tweet. 

(edited)

EXCLUSIVE: Character Reveals And Breakdowns for DC’s ‘TITANS’ TV Show
Jezzer Reyes   June 19, 2017
http://thathashtagshow.com/2017/06/exclusive-character-breakdowns-for-dcs-titans/

... Below we have the character breakdowns for the four recurring members of the team, Dick Grayson, Raven, Starfire and Beast Boy. While these characters aren’t a surprise as they’ve all been revealed already, the breakdowns do give us some interesting insight into what DC’s up to!

[John Crossland]Male, late 20s-early 30s, Caucasian. Equal parts charm and impenetrability, John is a cop. He has a nice smile, tired eyes and a cool, distant manner. However, when provoked, his eyes are so lethal “they drain a man of every last bit of spleen.” John is haunted by the murder of his family. Unbeknownst to those around him, he is also a vigilante. In the shadows, he fights with the commitment and conviction of an artist, the brutal grace of a dancer. Mentally and physically, he is covered in a map of scars. And though he fights to escape his past, it is often a losing battle…SERIES LEAD

[SARAH]Female, Mid teens, Open Ethnicity. Troubled, bullied, often scared but unwilling to show it, Sarah is a loner more comfortable hiding in her hoodie than making friends. Haunted by a dark force inside her, Sarah experiences violent episodes that she cannot understand or control. She is also plagued by recurring nightmares that lead her across the country in search of help…SERIES REGULAR

[Casey]Female, 20s, Open ethnicity. Casey is a tall, stunning woman, her beauty so magnificent it’s almost inhuman. Elegant, refined and mysterious, she is on the hunt to discover who is trying to kill her and why. And those after her are in for a surprise because she’s more deadly than anyone they’ve ever encountered…SERIES REGULAR

[JAX]Male, Mid-late teens, Open Ethnicity, Asian preferred. Funny and charming, this amateur thief’s humor hides his insecurities and past pain. Not the toughest kid on the streets, he’s learned to survive in the world with his wit and quick-thinking…SERIES REGULAR

Edited by tv echo
(edited)

Hope springs eternal for some - even after 5 seasons...

10 Great DC Comics Characters The Arrowverse Has Totally Wasted
Christian Bone   June 19, 2017
http://whatculture.com/tv/10-great-dc-comics-characters-the-arrowverse-has-totally-wasted

9. Mr. Terrific
. . .
Curtis Holt (played by Echo Kellum) was a good addition to the Arrow cast in season four. As a sort of mini-Felicity, he was something the controversial year did right as fans were eager to see him develop into the hero Mr Terrific from the comics.

In season five, however, which generally improved things for the show, Curtis' character failed to live up to our expectations. Though his costume is an excellent recreation of the character's look on the page, he just doesn't feel like the formidable hero who has been a part of DC lore - in various incarnations - since 1942.

In the comics, Mr Terrific is depicted as being one of the smartest men in the world - a true polymath who masters anything he attempts. While Curtis is highly intelligent and apparently an ex-Olympian athlete, he hasn't proven himself to be a truly great hero in the field yet. Sure, this could change in future seasons but so far there hasn't been enough to convince us so far that he will properly step up to the plate.
2. Black Canary
.  .  .
Wait a second, you are probably thinking, how can anyone say that Black Canary has been wasted in the Arrowverse? There have been three - arguably four - different versions of the character? Namely, Laurel Lance, Sara Lance, Dinah Drake and even Earth-2's evil Laurel AKA Black Siren. That's the thing, though. The Arrowverse has wasted Black Canary thanks to the writers continually changing their mind about what they want to do with the character.

All Arrow had to do was depict an engaging central dynamic between Green Arrow and Black Canary - one that matched the pair's decades-long relationship in the comics. Instead the (Black) Canary superhero identity has passed through three different characters. Primarily, of course, Laurel is the show's adaptation of Dinah from the comics and she was controversially killed off back in season four.

To be fair, Black Canary could still be saved on the show. Juliana Harkaway's version has room to grow and Katie Cassidy is returning as Black Siren as a regular for season six. As things stand right now, though, Black Canary has to be put in the 'Miss' pile.

10. Pied Piper
9. Mr Terrific
8. Red Tornado
7. James Olsen
6. (Most Of ) The Rogues
5. Miss Martian
4. Vandal Savage
3. Hawkman And Hawkgirl
2. Black Canary
1. Kid Flash

Edited by tv echo