Type keyword(s) to search

Mind Your Surroundings: Arrow, The Flash, Supergirl, Legends of Tomorrow and Other Superhero Universes

ArctisTor
  • Start Topic

1 hour ago, Sakura12 said:

Iris did have her once a season time do something. This time it was to remind Barry how she was always there for him when she was a 10 year old and Barry was a 6 year old. 

Both Iris and Barry are supposed to be the same age. He was 11 when his mother was murdered. So yeah, casting a kid who was younger didn't help.

It's a complete retcon from what I remember of season 1 when it didn't occur to Iris to have romantic feelings for Barry, and even after being told she ends up with Barry, she chooses Eddie.

Kids can love, but they don't fall in love in the romantic love sense that phrase is usually taken to mean. They really seem to be desperate to make Barry/Iris OTP-never-to-be-doubted.

• Love 7

I came away with the impression that Joe is a complete patriarchal prick. He forbids Eddie to tell Iris about Barry, as father trumps boyfriend in his eyes. And Eddie wants to know when that's gonna change. When he becomes her husband. Oh. My. God. All that was missing was a reference to a goat being exchanged.

What makes this soooo much worse is just last week Joe was trying to figure out if he was going to tell his girlfriend the truth about Barry and everything and Barry said and I quote:  "If you love her, you should be honest with her.  At least that's what you tell me to do."   Um, no.  He forbade you from telling Iris the truth.  Repeatedly.  Under severe threats.  Sigh.  

• Love 8

LoT- and Vixen-related posts at https://marcguggenheim.tumblr.com/ on May 9...

molly2910 asked:
Good evening Marc. Will we be getting deleted scenes in the Legends DVD this year. They didn't have them last year. Will we get all four episodes of the invasion crossover on the DVDs as well? Thanks so much.

I’m pretty sure there were deleted scenes on the Season 1 DVD, but either way, there definitely will be deleted scenes for Season 2.  I’m not sure about the Invasion crossover episodes, however.  Above my pay grade, I’m afraid.

mailboi asked:
Is there going to be a vixen season 3?

Possibly.  We’re currently working on the Freedom Fighters series – which Vixen will be a part of – and then will take stock.

2 hours ago, BkWurm1 said:

What makes this soooo much worse is just last week Joe was trying to figure out if he was going to tell his girlfriend the truth about Barry and everything and Barry said and I quote:  "If you love her, you should be honest with her.  At least that's what you tell me to do."   Um, no.  He forbade you from telling Iris the truth.  Repeatedly.  Under severe threats.  Sigh.  

Is he fighting Malcolm Merlyn for worst father figure?

• Love 1
(edited)

... DC Adaptation ‘Black Lightning’ Greenlit at CW
By Joe Otterson, Elizabeth Wagmeister  MAY 10, 2017 | 04:00PM PT
http://variety.com/2017/tv/news/black-lightning-lucy-hale-life-sentence-series-the-cw-1202422809/

Syfy Orders Superman Prequel [Krypton] to Series ...
Ryan Gajewski | May 11, 2017 
http://www.thewrap.com/syfy-orders-superman-prequel-george-rr-martin-project-to-series/

Gotham renewed for season 4
JAMES HIBBERD MAY 10, 2017 
http://ew.com/tv/2017/05/10/gotham-renewed-season-4/

Edited by tv echo
(edited)
2 hours ago, scarynikki12 said:

I found you had told me three years ago that I would be this excited about Gotham getting season 4, I would not have believed you. And yet I couldn't be happier. 

I'm at the stage of wishing Gotham was on the CW cause then it would almost be a lock for it to stick around long enough for Bruce to grow up and put on the Cape and Cowl.  I can actually imaging this show pulling it off well if they had the chance.    

Edited by BkWurm1
  • Love 5
1 minute ago, BkWurm1 said:

I'm at the stage of wishing Gotham was on the CW cause then it would almost be a lock for it to stick around long enough for Bruce to grow up and put on the Cape and Cowl.  I can actually imaging this show pulling it off well if they had the chance.    

You TAKE THAT BACK!!!! 

Don't even put that out in the UNIVERSE!!!!??? He is the one character that is NUMERO UNO and I don't want this FAKAKTA network to even breathe on him. I've seen just what it has done to Supergirl since she's moved to the CW.??

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Trini said:

Wait, so both Flash and Arrow have visits to ARGUS next week? It would be nice if that were planned, but I'm 99% sure it's a coincidence.

Would've been to see Siren and CHase make brief cameos being locked up.

SHIELD has been kicking ass this season. I enjoyed the mini arcs, like Ghost Rider and then the one with Aida and the Framework. It may be because SHIELD has always been an ensemble that's why I don't mind it when characters like Robbie or Aida take center stage. I know that my faves won't really get sidelined. (Not like with Arrow)

• Love 2

I'm happy about Gotham's renewel. I've really been enjoying it this season. I'm glad it's not on the CW I don't want them messing with Batman. Gotham isn't perfect but I can see this young Bruce one day becoming Batman. 

• Love 6
(edited)
4 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

You TAKE THAT BACK!!!! 

Don't even put that out in the UNIVERSE!!!!??? He is the one character that is NUMERO UNO and I don't want this FAKAKTA network to even breathe on him. I've seen just what it has done to Supergirl since she's moved to the CW.??

Lol, I only meant I was wishing for the CW's renewal policy.  Anyway, it won't happen for so very many reasons.  But I'd love to see what Gotham could become in another five years.   

Edited by BkWurm1
  • Love 5
1 minute ago, BkWurm1 said:

Lol, I meant I was wishing for the CW's renewal policy.  Anyway, it won't happen for so very many reasons.  But I'd love to see what Gotham could become in another five years.   

Oh.  Oops?☺️

You changed your avatar picture! I love it!? Now go answer my pm!?

(edited)
2 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Oh.  Oops?☺️

No, no.  I did dare put it out into the universe. Chastisement deserved.  ;p

Edited by BkWurm1
  • Love 1

LoT-related and Vixen-related posts at https://marcguggenheim.tumblr.com/ on May 11...

nothingwitharaccoon asked:
Were there any people in the skyscraper the Waverider crashed into in 2x17?

Probably.

mailboi asked:
Will Vixen be a main character on Freedom Fighters?

Unfortunately, no.  The Ray is the main character.  But I was eager to include Vixen in some way.

(edited)

And his belt! Does he need to see like a saddle maker for that?

It also looks like Captain Cold is sneaking up on Barry and one of Curtis' T-Spheres is crossing over. 

Edited by leopardprint
  • Love 2
32 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Sad thing is, Killer Shark ain't that big.

I don't know. That poster may be a bit of forced perspective but I seem to recall King Shark being at least twice Barry's size, so that would put him anywhere from ten to twelve feet tall.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, KirkB said:

I don't know. That poster may be a bit of forced perspective but I seem to recall King Shark being at least twice Barry's size, so that would put him anywhere from ten to twelve feet tall.

Killer ? may be wider and taller than Barry, but he doesn't tower over him. In the preview, he was almost the same height as Snart. My money's on the Barry/Snart team up to be entertaining, if nothing else.

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Killer ? may be wider and taller than Barry, but he doesn't tower over him. In the preview, he was almost the same height as Snart. My money's on the Barry/Snart team up to be entertaining, if nothing else.

Oh, I love Grodd, and King Shark is so ridiculous I can't help like him too. Speaking of, I figured you were right but I got curious, so I went out and found this:

KS.jpg

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, leopardprint said:

Where is Cold pointing his freeze ray?

It kind of looks like he's getting ready to nod at Barry and say "Oh I'm not with him."

1 hour ago, KirkB said:

Oh, I love Grodd, and King Shark is so ridiculous I can't help like him too. Speaking of, I figured you were right but I got curious, so I went out and found this:

KS.jpg

That building looks like one of those faces on Easter Island. That's literally all I can see

• Love 1
20 minutes ago, Starfish35 said:

Black Lightning isn't, as far as I know, part of the same universe.  So it's possible they might hold it until midseason.  

Seems a pity that they don't make some connection.  At least spin it so that it's on another of the multiverse earths so that TECHNICALLY The Flash could get there but they aren't aware of each other.  

• Love 1
Just now, BkWurm1 said:

Seems a pity that they don't make some connection.  At least spin it so that it's on another of the multiverse earths so that TECHNICALLY The Flash could get there but they aren't aware of each other.  

Maybe they will at some point, now that they're on the same network.  

• Love 1

I will be SHOCKED if they dont put Black Lightning in the same universe as Flarrow or Supergirl. They might as well put it in Supergirl since that world is still so unexplored. Especially with it being a black hero as the main character, not allowing them in on the big crossover would send some side eyes

I know they'll probably never do it, but they should really think of doing a Crisis on Infinite Earths event that merges Supergirl/Flarrow together at some point.

(edited)

Greg Berlanti on the Cusp of Making TV History
MAY 13, 2017 8:00am PT by Lesley Goldberg
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/greg-berlanti-cusp-making-tv-history-1003526

Greg Berlanti is on the cusp of making television history.

The prolific (to say the least) producer behind shows including The Flash and Blindspot currently has 10 live-action scripted series spread across various networks and digital platforms.

That currently ties him with Jerry Bruckheimer — who in the 2005-06 broadcast season, had a total of 10 series as well. Only there's a slight twist that could, technically, already give Berlanti the record for the most TV shows on the air at the same time: One of Bruckheimer's 10 was an unscripted show — CBS' still-running The Amazing Race.

So while Berlanti could technically have already broken the record — let's give him the asterisk treatment for now — he stands on the cusp of completely owning it. 
Should Raised by Wolves find a home, that would put Berlanti firmly over Bruckheimer with 11 total series — all of them scripted. Helping matters, of course, is the Peak TV of it all with more buyers to sell to as cable networks and streaming platforms continue to look for the next big hit as proven producers like Berlanti with name recognition help shows get on the air. 

Berlanti's current roster includes The CW's Arrow, Black Lightning, The Flash, Legends of Tomorrow, Riverdale, Supergirl, ABC's Deception, NBC's Blindspot (which eked out Timeless for a renewal), Lifetime's straight-to-series thriller You and live-action Titans, which after being passed over at TNT a year ago, was picked up straight to series for DC Entertainment's upstart digital service set to launch in 2018.
As for who held the record before Bruckheimer? It was none other than Aaron Spelling, who had eight on the air at one point. And in a fun coincidence, two of Spelling's original TV series are getting the reboot treatment next season with CBS' S.W.A.T. and The CW's Dynasty.

Edited by tv echo