Type keyword(s) to search

Mind Your Surroundings: Arrow, The Flash, Supergirl, Legends of Tomorrow and Other Superhero Universes

ArctisTor
  • Start Topic

51 minutes ago, TwistedandBored said:

If anything this makes WestAllen even more interesting provided they don't silence Iris.  

It's funny you mentioned silencing.  Not sure Iris actually had any lines in this week's episode.  Just a bunch of reaction shots.  

I have to be wrong but I can't remember one word coming out of her mouth.  

Wimminz should be seen and not heard.

Because they are evil and weak and are easily overtaken by their meta powers and need to be saved by the men who care about them. 

#ThingsILearnedFromThe Flash

• Love 11
(edited)

I wonder what one of those dialogue breakdowns by gender charts would look like for the Flarrow universe. I don't think the ladies would fare too well even with a talkative character like Felicity on Arrow and Supergirl.

36 MINUTES AGO, BKWURM1 SAID:

It's funny you mentioned silencing. Not sure Iris actually had any lines in this week's episode. Just a bunch of reaction shots. 

I have to be wrong but I can't remember one word coming out of her mouth. 

She didn't even tell Barry to run? 

Edited by leopardprint
(edited)
25 minutes ago, leopardprint said:

She didn't even tell Barry to run? 

Nope. No pep talks this week.  I was curious so I checked my recording.  She's in I think it was seven scenes, but she's limited to one line per scene (all exposition or reaction stuff, nothing personal) while the boys jibber jabber back and forth.  Well, one time she also got to say "Yep." 

Edited by BkWurm1
12 hours ago, Hiveminder said:

Sometimes I really wonder how a character like Felicity ended up on Arrow. There are still issues with the way she's handled, but how did these yahoos manage to create a pretty decently awesome female character like her? 

I think all of the female (main) characters on Arrow are pretty awesome & they've had some good character development. Not great but better than nothing. I'm ready to see what they do with Dinah Drake.

• Love 1

Moving on from the Flash to something that probably won't suck as much...

The defender's trailer has been released and I've gotta say,  I'm excited. 

• Love 5

It's so disgusting how Iris continues to be sidelined when this whole plot is about saving her from Savitar(Barry). It's already bad enough it's a future version of her fiance trying to kill her, but it's pretty pathetic that she hasn't been able to do anything since the mid season break. I am sorry but there has been way more focus on Killer Frost than there has been on Iris and supposedly this is her epic storyline. Why couldn't Iris be the one to talk to Tracy or convince her that they needed her help, instead she just sat around and delivered one liners. 

• Love 6

Flash and Supergirl are steady from last week. Wonder what happens with Arrow tonight and the LA preemption.

The Defenders looks interesting except for it appearing to center on a character that I couldn't really stand on Daredevil S2. 

Can we just skip it and go to The Punisher? 

(edited)

I appreciated the mocking Danny is getting from everybody. Only way I can tolerate his presence.

Not a fan of Elektra either, but she's not the Big Bad, is she? Isn't that supposed to be Sigourney Weaver?

Edited by kariyaki
no tags necessary in spoiler-approved thread
(edited)

I liked Elektra so I'm excited for her return. The Defenders looks good. I'm glad they called Danny the kid, because that's what he is. 

Edited by Sakura12
  • Love 3
(edited)

Supergirl EP Talks the Return of Superman… and the Coming of Zod
05.01.2017  by Bryan Cairns
http://www.cbr.com/interview-supergirl-andrew-kreisberg-superman-general-zod/

Superman returns for the finale. How crucial is he in the upcoming battle?
[Andrew Kreisberg:] He’s incredibly crucial. I love Tyler in the part — he’s so good. It’s a bit of a different interpretation of Superman than you’ve seen. In our show, Superman has been [a superhero] for a decade, and he’s pretty comfortable with being Superman. A lot of interpretations are of him getting his start, at the beginning. For us, he’s so comfortable in the role, but the show is called “Supergirl,” so our Superman is here in service of Supergirl. He’s her family. He’s her conscience. He’s her mentor.

There’s also some very cool scenes between the two of them. As for wanting him to come back, we would have him back all the time, but the show is called “Supergirl.” You really want it to be about her. Our partners at DC and Warner Brothers have been very generous to us, letting us have that character appear on our show. We’re grateful for every opportunity we get.

What else can you tease about the finale and what it sets up for season three?
We have amazing guest stars in the finale. We are bringing back people we’ve had all season. We have Calista Flockhart coming back. In the last two episodes, we have Lynda Carter returning as the President, Sharon Leal is coming back as M’gann. Obviously, there’s Tyler as Superman. These are some of the biggest episodes we’ve ever done. We’re so proud of Teri Hatcher, and so amazed she’s on our show and killing it as Rhea. There is a feature film quality finale, with huge guest stars, stunts and visual effects. We will get a glimpse of the Season 3 villain in the finale, which we’re also excited about.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, tv echo said:

Supergirl EP Talks the Return of Superman… and the Coming of Zod
05.01.2017  by Bryan Cairns
http://www.cbr.com/interview-supergirl-andrew-kreisberg-superman-general-zod/

I admit to being excited about all those people coming back for the finale. I've been enjoying Teri Hatcher's evil momma. Can't wait for Calista's return and I'm hoping (but trying not to get them up too high) that Linda Carter can stick around for next year as well.  

• Love 2

LoT-related and Flash-related posts at https://marcguggenheim.tumblr.com/ on May 3...

honeysucklecupcakes asked:
In Legends of Tomorrow, the writers' religious beliefs were clearly illustrated in the last episodes. What about the people who don't believe in Jesus who watch the show? Don't you feel that it is disrespectful to the people who believe in other religions (or people who don't belive in any religons)? I understand having all characters in the Arrowverse (except those who are Jewish) celebrate Chrismas. But don't you think completly disregarding other people's religous beliefs is crossing a line?

This is a complicated question.  I can only answer from my own perspective.  I’m Jewish, but I didn’t think twice about the story of Ep. 215 because I thought it was a good story.  Other religions and beliefs will be explored as the season progresses.  

avera626 asked:
Thank you for giving us Iris and Barry a healthy, loving relationship. I hope it's explained, how the paradox he lived in caused him to become Savitar though. Thanks again for the best DCTV couple!

Thanks for the kind words, but Greg and Andrew deserve them.  I don’t work on Flash.

theonlycanary asked:
Why didn't you guys utilize Flashpoint more in Arrow?

Because we don’t want to have to require people to watch another show in order to understand Arrow.

Were people seriously offended by the Spear of Christ thing on LoT? This is the show where the characters seriously considered time traveling to the crucifixion to stab a dying Jesus in the side to get his blood, I don't think they're pushing any sort of Christian propaganda. The Spear is kind of like the Holy Grail, its just a pop culture feature at this point, its not exactly saying much about anyone's religious beliefs, or lack thereof.

Barry and Iris are hardly even a couple anymore, sadly. They haven't had any real time as a couple since this whole stupid Save Iris arc, and Iris hardly gets to do anything involved in her whole life anymore. Iris might as well be Barry's favorite lamp for all she has agency anymore. They used to be a decently healthy and happy couple, but not so much lately. And, as @Delphi said, future Barry will end up murdering her! They clearly have some issues to work out!

• Love 4

In the episode on LoT, the impression I got wasn't them pushing a religious belief but that they couldn't interfere with what happened back then because of how the belief shaped the world.  Any shift could have had radical ramifications they couldn't anticipate so they had to stay far away from whatever happened.  I thought the episode left wiggle room for people to pick their own truth apart from needing to accept some magical object existed.  

• Love 3
(edited)

??????  Inhumans got their costumes at Hot Topic it seems. WTF is that.

They must've borrowed that wig from the Arrowverse too.

Edited by JJ928
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, Hiveminder said:

What is that? They look...not awesome. 

Marvels InHumans limited series. Aliens version of Mutants.
52333bd91a4ac.jpg

They did Serinda so wrong in that ugly get up. To think she went from playing iconic Zatanna to this? Give her a makeover STAT!

1422cb503454ba2a2f98536a0d3ba807.jpg

• Love 1
15 hours ago, Delphi said:

How can you use the word healthy to describe a relationship where currently your future self has stepped back in time to kill your fiance?

This may be my personal interpretation, but my general feel from other supporters of the relationship is that that in itself is the rub of it. We don't yet know what brought about this horror show of a creation or how (its?) existence is even possible, but despite all of that they seem determined to stand by each other and work out the how's and why's together, with their friends and family standing fully behind them. For myself, at least, it's a great comfort after such knife twist, even if we saw it coming. If this is the ideal response to the situation, it's too soon to say, but with time running out and both of them feeling very much lost and afraid, nonetheless being so together is probably the healthiest response we could hope for - particularly coming out of a future world where the team didn't stick together and everything fell apart. 

Anyway, I don't intend to incite anything here - just offering my perspective in case this was an honest question.

• Love 2
On 3 May 2017 at 11:52 PM, Delphi said:

Moving on from the Flash to something that probably won't suck as much...

The defender's trailer has been released and I've gotta say,  I'm excited. 

I know Jessica is suppose to marry Luke per comics but I thought Matt and her were more entertaining in five seconds in the trailer then her and Luke were in their entire run on JJ. So I'm ready for more.

And considering I still can't sit through the entire Iron Fist terribad series and see Danny as a man child and though Luke Cage was good I find Luke the least interesting part of the show I'm totally surprised that I'm actually loving the two of them together! 

I agree on Luke.  I liked the show Mike Colter has literally one facial expression as an actor.  He seems to shine the most though with his female co-stars.

6 minutes ago, benteen said:

I agree on Luke.  I liked the show Mike Colter has literally one facial expression as an actor.  He seems to shine the most though with his female co-stars.

Yep. And he's superhero Schtick is pretty one note too.

WIGGING OUT OVER THE FIRST PHOTO OF MARVEL’S ‘INHUMANS’ 
Richard Gray  May 5, 2017
http://www.thereelbits.com/2017/05/05/wigging-out-over-the-first-photo-of-marvels-inhumans/

INHUMANS wouldn’t be the first comic book show to do wigs badly, although the producers of Arrow may be upset over the appropriation of one of their trademark foibles. In the comics, Medusa’s hair is virtually prehensile, a flexibly large mop of red tangles that dominates the room as much as her queenly presence does. While we are assured that there will be some post-production enhancements in this regard, Marvel aren’t exactly putting their best foot forward with an Inhuman queen who almost fades into the background. (Actually, on a second look, that might actually be a re-purposed Stephen Amell wig from an Arrow flashback).

The new Black Panther in training...

• Love 3
1 hour ago, LeighAn said:

Yep. And he's superhero Schtick is pretty one note too.

In the comics Cage has more depth, but basically on the show his whole superhero persona is "stand there and looked bored while being shot".

4 hours ago, LeighAn said:

And considering I still can't sit through the entire Iron Fist terribad series and see Danny as a man child and though Luke Cage was good I find Luke the least interesting part of the show I'm totally surprised that I'm actually loving the two of them together! 

I didn't think Iron Fist was as terrible as a lot of people, though it was not what I would call that good either. I liked Colleen, I did like the look of the Iron Fist itself, but most of the time the guy playing Danny was just...there. At first I thought he was supposed to be zen or something but as the show went on I came to realize the actor was basically sleepwalking through his scenes.

As for that shot of the Inhumans, well, I don't want to rush to judgement but...yikes. Black Bolt's actual outfit isn't bad, and I'm hoping Medusa's biggest problem is her hair is CG and thus can't really be shown in a magazine shoot. The rest, well, except for maybe Crystal, I needed the caption to tell me who everyone but Black Bolt and Medusa were supposed to be.

(edited)

I'm excited to see Jessica and Matt. I think they would get along after getting to know each other. Luke was always just there both on his show and JJ. Danny was supposed to be Zen but all I saw was a dumb, angry 10 year old throwing tantrums. That's the opposite of zen. 

I didn't like Danny just saying whatever you are to Jessica. I hope we can see them running after a bad guy and Jessica just takes off in the air and gets the guy. Then she can snark at them for being too slow. 

Edited by Sakura12
  • Love 2

My problem is the opposite--I saw Claire and Matt together first and they made it impossible for me to ship either of them with anyone else long-term. Same for Jessica and Luke. So while I liked Claire and Luke together on LC, I have the icks about them together on The Defenders because of their other ships.

Anyway, ships aside, I love those four characters so much and am really excited to see them together. Iron Fist can disappear forever as far as I'm concerned, but just making fun of him a lot is okay too.

• Love 6
(edited)

I really enjoyed Luke Cage but I agree, he's somewhat one-note with the facial expressions. I think the ensemble cast really sold it for me.

I actually didn't hate Iron Fist, even though it wasn't really memorable. I mean, I didn't watch it that long ago and I don't think I could remember any specifics or episodes. Haha.

I'm really looking forward to The Defenders though.

Edited by Angel12d
(edited)

My Defenders will always be Hulk, Dr. Strange, Namor and the Silver Surfer, but this one definitely looks interesting enough to give it a shot. I think if I hated any of the characters the ensemble wouldn't work, but even the IMO weakest link, Danny, should be at least tolerable.

Edited by KirkB
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Carrie Ann said:

My problem is the opposite--I saw Claire and Matt together first and they made it impossible for me to ship either of them with anyone else long-term. Same for Jessica and Luke. So while I liked Claire and Luke together on LC, I have the icks about them together on The Defenders because of their other ships.

Anyway, ships aside, I love those four characters so much and am really excited to see them together. Iron Fist can disappear forever as far as I'm concerned, but just making fun of him a lot is okay too.

I'm totally with you about Claire and Matt. I'm not watching this for the ships, but if I were the only one I'm interested in is Claire and Matt. Plus, Luke was interesting to me for only about 90 minutes in the early part of his series, so I was slightly disappointed that it looks like Claire's still with him in Defenders.

Danny and Luke do seem to have some odd couple potential. Maybe that will make them both a little more interesting to me. I am looking forward to the ensemble series.

• Love 1
21 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

I really enjoyed Luke Cage but I agree, he's somewhat one-note with the facial expressions. I think the ensemble cast really sold it for me.

I actually didn't hate Iron Fist, even though it wasn't really memorable. I mean, I didn't watch it that long ago and I don't think I could remember any specifics or episodes. Haha.

I'm really looking forward to The Defenders though.

I finished Iron Fist in about a week.   I enjoyed pretty much every single character besides Danny.   But I to think I'll like him better with the rest of the team,  where Jessica and Luke would be quick to put him in his place. 

Luke Cage.   It took me so long to get invested in it.   Even then,  I'm not sure I was invested if I was just determined to complete it because I watched everything else.   It was just so completely slow until a little over halfway through the season.   Though I really enjoyed Claire through it all. 

AoS blew my ship into smithereens this week but I am making peace with it because the rest of it was so good anyway.

FitzSimmons are like the opposite of destiny. The Universe hates them together and is constantly wreaking havoc on them! 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Mellowyellow said:

AoS blew my ship into smithereens this week but I am making peace with it because the rest of it was so good anyway.

FitzSimmons are like the opposite of destiny. The Universe hates them together and is constantly wreaking havoc on them! 

Well the rule of Tv couples say they have to break up at least once after they are official.  Everything before this was ship stall, lol.

• Love 1

It's funny, with FitzSimmons, I see a problem opposite of what I see with usual couples like say Olicity. With couple drama, usually I'd rather an outside force over manufactured drama, but with FitzSimmons, almost all of their drama comes from outside forces so much so that it's become emotionally exhausting to watch them try to overcome them to be together. Don't get me wrong, I still want them together, but at this point coming out of the guilt of the Framework (even though Simmons doesn't blame him at all) is enough to cause more drama for through 5a, and I'm not really exactly interested in seeing FitzSimmons distant again because of something that happened to them rather than between them again. Maybe the writers will defy going down that storyline again in one of the last few episodes, but the writers always seem eager to emotionally torture FitzSimmons when they get the chance.

• Love 4

I hope this is true...

Bubble Watch: Latest Status Report On ‘Elementary’, ‘Exorcist’, ‘Taken’, ‘Once’, ‘S.H.I.E.L.D.’ & Other Series In Limbo
by Nellie Andreeva •  May 5, 2017 8:39pm
http://deadline.com/2017/05/bubble-series-2017-canceled-renewed-elementary-exorcist-taken-once-upon-a-time-agents-of-shield-1202085630/

On the drama side, freshman drama Designated Survivor, a strong delayed viewing and international performer (ABC Studios co-produces with indie Mark Gordon Co.) is fully expected to come back and just hired a new showrunner. Also expected to come back is veteran Once Upon a Time, which is in a process of negotiating deals with four cast members who would lead a planned reimagining, Jennifer Morrison, Lana Parrilla, Robert Carlyle and Colin O’Donoghue. The show also has been signing high-level writer-producers for next season. Marvel’s Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D., which serves as a solid marketing platform for the Disney-owned Marvel, also is getting renewed I hear. Even Quantico, which has been struggling this season with some pretty dismal linear ratings after a solid first year, appears to have a decent shot at continuing as it makes money for ABC Studios via international and SVOD deals. If that happens, I hear there is a plan for the writers room to move from New York to Los Angeles.
It is unclear why Batman drama Gotham has not been renewed yet but it is expected to be. And despite not getting a back order, the well-received new drama Exorcist also looks good to come back. Meanwhile, fellow freshman drama Pitch has been canceled. Sophomore crime procedural Rosewood and supernatural drama Sleepy Hollow are both heavily on the bubble and heading toward cancellation, which could only be thwarted by the network’s possible drama needs with only four hourlong pilots produced. Both low-rated series have something going for them — Rosewood has very modest budget and Sleepy Hollow sells well internationally. Based on its legacy, 24: Legacy has a decent shot at coming back despite a very rocky first season. Fellow midseason drama entry APB is not expected to continue.

• Love 2