Type keyword(s) to search

Mind Your Surroundings: Arrow, The Flash, Supergirl, Legends of Tomorrow and Other Superhero Universes

ArctisTor
  • Start Topic

(edited)
9 hours ago, Mellowyellow said:

Ha!  I got Black Widow.  I had no idea I was into girls.  At least our wedding will be lovely.  

Just out of curiosity, I went back and picked all the same things except the ring.  Last time I went for the black and silver ring (I was actually thinking it was a very dark sapphire) and this time picked the ring with the ruby.  

And this time I got Iron Man.  

I was really hoping for Thor.  A girl likes something pretty to look at.  

Ooow!  I get Thor if from my choices I choose the traditional diamond.  For Thor, I'll take it!  Sorry Tony, Natasha.  

Edited by BkWurm1
(edited)

Weekend Box Office: 'Avengers: Infinity War' Crosses $1B in Record Time
5/5/2018 by Pamela McClintock
https://www.billboard.com/articles/news/8454670/box-office-marvel-avengers-infinity-war-crosses-1b-record-time-star-wars-force-awakens

Disney and Marvel's Avengers: Infinity War has crossed $1 billion at the worldwide box office faster than any film in history.

Directed by Anthony and Joe Russo, the superhero mashup achieved the milestone on Saturday, its 11th day in release. That supplants the 12 days it took for fellow Disney title Star Wars: The Force Awakens to join the billion-dollar club. (The clock begins on the day a film opens overseas, which, in the case of Infinity War, was April 25.)
nfinity War becomes the 34th movie to cross $1 billion at the global box office, not accounting for inflation. The Disney empire lays claim to 17 of those titles — or half — including six Marvel films (The Avengers, Avengers: Age of Ultron, Black Panther, Iron Man 3, Captain America: Civil War and Infinity War).

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1
(edited)

Beginning on April 26, TVLine has been regularly updating this article as events happen - here's the latest update (only sections involving superhero shows are quoted below - fyi, to avoid spoiler tags kicking in, I had to replace brackets with asterisks)...

May Sweeps Scorecard 2018: Deaths, Breakups, Weddings, Firings, Sex, Resurrections, Lost Homages and More!
By Michael Ausiello / April 3 2018, 3:34 PM PDT
http://tvline.com/2018/04/03/may-sweeps-scorecard-2018-spoilers-deaths-weddings/ 

Number of fatalities: 25
1. AIRED April 26: Apocalypse World Kevin Tran/Supernatural
2. AIRED April 27: Culhane’s father/Dynasty
3. AIRED April 30: Mayor Baracus/iZombie
4. AIRED May 1: Jaha/The 100
5. AIRED May 1: Furguson/New Girl
6. AIRED May 2: Shine/Empire
7. AIRED May 3: Sam/Supernatural* (*later resurrected)
8. AIRED May 4: General Hale/Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.
9. AIRED May 4: Gothel/Once Upon a Time
10. AIRED May 4: Facilier/Once Upon a Time
*SPOILER*
*SPOILER*
*SPOILER* 
*SPOILER*
*SPOILER*
*SPOILER*
*SPOILER*
*SPOILER*
*SPOILER*
*SPOILER*
*SPOILER*
*SPOILER*
*SPOILER*
*SPOILER*
*SPOILER*
Number of breakups/separations/divorces: 15
1. AIRED April 26: Jonah and Kelly/Superstore 
2. AIRED April 26: Amy and Alex/Superstore 
3. AIRED April 26: Alex and Ryan/Quantico
4. AIRED April 30: Chloe and Pierce/Lucifer 
5. AIRED April 30: Stan and Ruby/Good Girls
6. AIRED May 1: Coach Strickland and Vanessa/Rise
7. AIRED May 1: Cisco and Gypsy/The Flash
8. AIRED May 1: Marlize and Clifford/The Flash

9. AIRED May 1: Dre and Bow/black-ish
10. AIRED May 3: Arizona and Carina/Grey’s Anatomy
11. AIRED May 4: Reade and Megan/Blindspot
*SPOILER*
*SPOILER*
*SPOILER*
*SPOILER*
Number of resurrections and/or big returns: 9
1. AIRED May 3: Sam resurrected/Supernatural
2. AIRED May 3: Renee returned/Chicago Fire
3. AIRED May 3: Christopher Chance returned/Arrow
4. AIRED May 4: Wish Rumple returned/Once Upon a Time
5. AIRED May 4: James MacGyver returned/Macgyver
6. AIRED May 4: Matthew returned from the “dead”/Dynasty
*SPOILER*
*SPOILER*
*SPOILER*
Number of onscreen firings/resignations/major job changes: 29
1. AIRED April 26: Otis returns to truck/field duty/Chicago Fire
2. AIRED April 26: Diggle started new job at A.R.G.U.S./Arrow
3. AIRED April 27: Cristal fired as COO of Carrington Atlantic/Dynasty
4. AIRED April 27: Fallon hired as new COO of CA/Dynasty
5. AIRED April 30: Bradley quits medical profession/The Resident
6. AIRED April 30: Peyton becomes acting mayor/iZombie
7. AIRED April 30: Kendra and Chale become owners of Enzo’s/Kevin Can Wait
8. AIRED May 1: Avery steps down as captain/Lethal Weapon
9. AIRED May 1: Murtaugh promoted to captain/Lethal Weapon
10. AIRED May 1: Octavia becomes the Leader of Wonkrew/The 100
11. AIRED May 2: Sheriff Minetta took over for Sheriff Keller/Riverdale
12. AIRED May 2: Andrea left town (moved to SF)/Designated Survivor
13. AIRED May 2: Hannah quit her White House job/Designated Survivor
14. AIRED May 3: Jeff rehired by Cloud 9 corporate/Superstore
15. AIRED May 3: Mike McQuigg joins Owen’s team/Quantico
16. AIRED May 3: Vik rehired at Grey Sloan/Grey’s Anatomy
17, AIRED May 4: Mac quit team/MacGyver
18. AIRED May 4: Leanna joined team/MacGyver
19. AIRED May 4: Culhane hired as VP of Community Outreach at Carrington Atlantic/Dynasty
*SPOILER*
*SPOILER*
*SPOILER*
*SPOILER*
*SPOILER*
*SPOILER*
*SPOILER*
*SPOILER*
*SPOILER*
*SPOILER*

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2
(edited)

Yet more media articles comparing the new Robin Hood movie to The CW's Arrow...

‘Robin Hood’ Trailer: Anybody else having déjà vu?
MAY 3, 2018    NICK JOHNSTON
http://www.vanyaland.com/2018/05/03/robin-hood-trailer-anybody-else-deja-vu/

No, the famed archer of lore isn’t an adorable fox or a chubby Russell Crowe this time: He’s Taron Egerton, who you’ll remember from the Kingsman and the damn solid Eddie the Eagle a few years ago. That alone isn’t a bad thing — we quite like Egerton — but this preview is reminding us a hell of a lot of the CW’s Arrow, and that is, well, weird.

The Hood Won’t Fail This City in Robin Hood Teaser Trailer
05.03.2018   by Justin Carter
https://www.cbr.com/robin-hood-2018-teaser-trailer/

A vigilante in a green hood shooting arrows with stylish flair into his foes? It sounds familiar, but as the teaser trailer for the new Robin Hood shows, he won’t be declaring that anyone has “failed this city” or crossing names off his father’s list.
Although Robin Hood long predates Arrow, and of course inspired the creation of DC’s Green Arrow, it’s difficult to not draw parallels between this and the CW drama. From Robin of Loxley’s alter ego as “The Hood,” the same name that Oliver Queen used before adopting his superhero identity, to the brief glimpses of his training with Little John and his ultimate crusade, the influence clearly runs deep for the Lionsgate film.

Hawkeye who? First trailer for Robin Hood reboot almost gives him the superhero treatment
By Kervyn Cloete  May 4, 2018
https://www.criticalhit.net/entertainment/hawkeye-first-trailer-robin-hood-reboot-almost-gives-superhero-treatment/

That’s definitely the impression I got while watching the first trailer for the upcoming revisionist take which sees Kingsman star Taron Egerton putting both his acting and action chops on display as a brand new version of the legendary British bandit. He appears to be a whole lot more acrobatic with a faster bow and arrow trigger finger – especially in the obligatory super-slow-mo – than his many other cinematic contemporaries. Contemporaries that up until now have famously included a surly Russell Crowe, a swooning Kevin Costner, an animated fox, and even a song and dance routine about men’s restrictive leggings, among others. With that in mind, I guess going for the over-the-top comic book-esque action hero version, complete with a Bruce Wayne/Oliver Queen-ish secret identity, certainly can’t be described as getting too crazy with the source material.
Both Egerton and Bathurst have previously stated that their version of Robin Hood was going to be gritty and intense, even making comparisons to Kathryn Bigelow’s The Hurt Locker, but I’ll be damned if I get that from this trailer. No, this looks slick and fast and potentially enjoyable in a cinematic junk food, “What if CW’s Arrow was a big budget movie?” kind of way. Then again, I was hoping for the same thing with the last film to take a fresh and modern approach to a British figure of myth and look at the mess of wasted potential that Guy Ritchie’s King Arthur ended up being. Let’s hope Egerton and Bathurst don’t fall into the same traps… Oh, wait. Robin Hood was written by Joby Harold, the very same guy who penned Guy Ritchie’s King Arthur. Bugger.

A GRITTY 'ROBIN HOOD' REBOOT IS COMING, AND THE WILD FIRST TRAILER HITS THE BULLSEYE
MAXIM STAFF   MAY 3, 2018
https://www.maxim.com/entertainment/watch-explosive-trailer-robin-hood-2018-5

To be fair, this new iteration of the age old story of the good thief who liked to camp out in the forest with his buddies in tights looks familiar. It certainly smells a little like Assassin's Creed, and it looks a bit like the CW action series Arrow

ROBIN HOOD (2018) Teaser Trailer: What An ARROW Film Set in the Past Would Look Like
May 5, 2018    by Rollo Tomasi
http://film-book.com/robin-hood-2018-teaser-trailer-arrow-film-set-past-look/

Otto Bathurst‘s Robin Hood (2018) teaser trailer stars Taron Egerton, Jamie Foxx, Eve Hewson, Jamie Dornan, and Ben Mendelsohn. Robin Hood‘s plot synopsis: “Robin of Loxley (Taron Egerton) a war-hardened Crusader and his Moorish commander (Jamie Foxx) mount an audacious revolt against the corrupt English crown in a thrilling action-adventure packed with gritty battlefield exploits, mind-blowing fight choreography, and a timeless romance.”

This film is really, really seems influenced by The CW’s Arrow TV series. This could actually be an episode of Legends of Tomorrow were travels back in time to medieval times.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 3
(edited)

FYI...

A Heroes & Villains and Walker Stalker Joint Event: 
Heroes & Villains FanFest-Nashville, May 12-13, 2018 (Nashville, TN)

Stephen Amell, David Ramsey, Juliana Harkavy, Katie Cassidy, Josh Segarra, Katrina Law, John Barrowman, Danielle Panabaker, Franz Drameh, Brandon Routh, Courtney Ford and Katee Sackhoff
http://heroesfanfest.com/nashville/schedule/

SATURDAY
11:00AM THE GREEN ARROW
Stephen Amell

12:15PM LEGENDS OF TOMORROW
Franz Drameh, Courtney Ford & Brandon Routh

1:30PM JOHN BARROWMAN UNLEASHED
SUNDAY
11:00AM BATTLESTAR GALACTICA
Edward James Olmos, Mary McDonell & Katee Sackhoff

12:15PM ARROW
David Ramsey, Katie Cassidy, Josh Segarra, Juliana Harkavy & Katrina Law

Starfury: The Ultimates, May 11-13, 2018 (Blackpool, UK)
Willa Holland, Paul Blackthorne, Chyler Leigh, Jeremy Jordan, Floriana Lima, Briana Venskus and Violett Beane
http://www.starfury.co.uk/

Saturday May 12th
4:00pm  Heroes of the DC Universe Q&A with Paul Blackthorne, Willa Holland & Violett Beane
5:00pm  Supergirl Q&A with Chyler Leigh, Floriana Lima & Jeremy Jordan
Sunday May 13th
12:00pm  Supergirl Q&A with Briana Venskus & Jeremy Jordan
1:00pm   Supergirl Q&A with Chyler Leigh & Floriana Lima
4:00pm  Heroes of the DC Universe Q&A with Paul Blackthorne, Willa Holland & Violett Beane

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1
(edited)

Quotes of the Week: Lucifer, S.H.I.E.L.D., Elementary, Gotham, SNL and More
By Team TVLine / May 6 2018, 7:56 AM PDT
http://tvline.com/2018/05/06/arrow-american-crime-story-best-tv-quotes/

ARROW
“This looks bigger than the O.J. trial.”

“How would you know? You were in, like, the fourth grade.”

“Yeah, but I watched American Crime Story.”

Curtis (Echo Kellum) takes stock of Oliver’s trial attendees
GOTHAM
“Here lies Jerome Valeska. Second time is the charm!”

Sometimes a prop says it all!
MARVEL’S AGENTS OF S.H.I.E.L.D.
“You are not worthy of holding the Odium!”

“Of course it would have a dumb name.”

May (Ming-Na Wen) rolls her eyes at the Kree’s crazy Kool-Aid
MARVEL’S AGENTS OF S.H.I.E.L.D. (Bonus Quote!)
“Why gravitonium?”

“Because its power is unlimited. It can bend space, build empires and destroy them.”

“Couldn’t you just find a fun game on your phone instead?”

Coulson (Clark Gregg) thinks Qovas might get a kick out of Fortnite

Edited by tv echo
On 5/6/2018 at 10:53 AM, Starfish35 said:

That's the one I picked too.  

hehe I did not imagine you for a frufru dress!

@BkWurm1 which dress did you pick? Do you not like diamonds?

hehe I was having a crisis on my other forum about matching up my green jewellery and how all my random shades of green were clashing. Someone said "Remember those boring things we call diamonds. They go with everything."

I did it again and picked the diamond, everything the same except I wanted the green cake and I got Hulk. Then I got rid of the green cake and got Ironman. Seems like anything green will land you with Hulk! I do like green though!  

• Love 1

@BKWURM1 which dress did you pick? Do you not like diamonds?

I picked the first dress.  I like diamonds but I thought the second ring was fancier looking.  

• Love 1

CW must not mind or they already worked around her schedule.  But I doubt they'd let this interfere with SG that much. She may be pulling double duty or something happens that makes Kara not so central for a bit.

9 minutes ago, Starfish35 said:

Maybe Supergirl isn’t getting a full-season order?

Didn't they say the CW as changing up the schedule. I could see them changing Supergirl to a shorter season like LoT, 18 episodes. 

• Love 1
(edited)

Nellie Andreeva @ Deadline said that she’d heard that more shows on the CW would have limited runs this next year (Source), including more of the DC shows.  Only three DC shows get full seasons now - Arrow, Flash, and Supergirl.  It stands to reason at least one of those is getting their orders cut.  I wouldn’t be surprised if it was Supergirl, considering the issues they had this year, and the apparent late start for filming.

Edited by Starfish35
  • Love 2

Yeah, that definitely makes me think Supergirl is getting a shorter season. I still imagine Arrow and Flash are getting regular, 23 episode seasons though. Or would they cut all of them? What other CW shows get the 23 episode season? Is is just Supernatural?

(edited)

I’m pretty sure Riverdale got a full season, and Dynasty also got picked up for a full season.

I would be surprised if they cut Flash’s order though, since even with the ratings drop it’s still their highest rated show.  Arrow.....I just don’t know.  

Edited by Starfish35
(edited)

I was spared by Thanos... :)

Weekend Box Office: 'Avengers: Infinity War' Earns Heroic $112.5M in Second Outing
MAY 06, 2018 8:14am PT by Pamela McClintock
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/weekend-box-office-avengers-infinity-war-nabs-huge-1125m-second-outing-1108992

Disney and Marvel's Avengers: Infinity War continued to dominate the early summer box office over the weekend, earning $112.5 million domestically from 4,474 theaters to score the second-biggest sophomore outing ever as it topped the $1 billion mark globally faster than any film in history.
Force Awakens is the record holder for biggest second weekend ($149.2 million) in North America, while Infinity War nudged aside Black Panther ($111.7 million). Jurassic World ($106.6 million) and The Avengers ($103.1 million) follow. They are the only five films to earn north of $100 million in their sophomore sessions.

Infinity War fell 56 percent domestically, a respectable decline for a superhero tentpole. Marvel's Black Panther was an exception in falling just 45 percent. The first Avengers fell 50 percent, while Avengers: Age of Ultron slipped 59 percent and Captain America: Civil War declined 60 percent.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1
On 03/05/2018 at 8:14 AM, tv echo said:

Here is an interview with Avengers: Infinity War screenwriters, Christopher Markus and Stephen McFeely - they also tease Avengers 4 (WARNING: SPOILERS)...

Your Burning Questions About “Avengers: Infinity War,” Answered
May 2, 2018   Adam B. Vary
https://www.buzzfeed.com/adambvary/avengers-infinity-war-ending-explained-spoilers?utm_term=.fyPyjqJRv#.wcpZVw0RX

I got Captain America. I am happy with that.

After this, I tried answering different ways just to see if they have T'Challa as an answer to one of the questions but they really don't have him there. I got everyone else after The Captain but him. Interesting.

6 hours ago, Primal Slayer said:

CW must not mind or they already worked around her schedule.  But I doubt they'd let this interfere with SG that much. She may be pulling double duty or something happens that makes Kara not so central for a bit.

Supergirl is still one of the network's most popular shows; so that makes me doubt that they'll cut the order. Or if they do, not by much. Maybe Supergirl will have a later premiere, or a mid-winter premiere.

14 hours ago, Chaser said:

Skipping SDCC is wow.

If they are losing a ton of regulars, you would think they would try and sell the new cast at SDCC.

I'm not up on Supergirl spoilers, is a mass exodus expected?

I'm not sure I can see them cutting any of the three DC shows that currently have full orders, but all of them might benefit from less faffing around in the middle eps. I guess Arrow was apparently looking to cut costs so I guess that would be one way, although that's also a way to start rumours that the show is about to be cancelled as well, which I don't think is the case and I'm not sure they'll do it. Nor The Flash. If Supergirl does well into it's summer run I can see them doing the break thing again. Starting later would be an option but they still need to be on track for the crossover, which is going to be tricky if they only start in August. Unless they film out of order.