Type keyword(s) to search

Mind Your Surroundings: Arrow, The Flash, Supergirl, Legends of Tomorrow and Other Superhero Universes

ArctisTor
  • Start Topic

One of the things I really enjoy about Black Lightning is that we have so many villains and they all bring the quality. Not to mention they have at least one henchmen that brings it and doesnt just get killed off quickly.

• Love 3

Here's the unrounded CW finals for last week from RJK at SpottedRatings.com:

Black Lightning ............. 0.476
Supernatural ................. 0.438 [*]
Legends of Tomorrow ... 0.421
Arrow ............................ 0.287 [*]
Jane the Virgin ............. 0.188
Dynasty ........................ 0.155
Life Sentence ............... 0.147

* These were the episodes pre-empted in the New York market.

6 minutes ago, Cleanqueen said:

oh how the mighty have fallen. Flash has been a mess this season, the network hasn't even spent time promoting it outside of the iris episode and yet here they are getting low ratings. 

Grant Gustin was a guest on Conan O'Brien's show on Monday night. Suzanne Gomez was tweeting all about it. I guess that makes it even worse that they came back so low because they did try to promote it. 

Edited by lemotomato
19 minutes ago, Sakura12 said:

Flash finally dropped to a 0.6.  From what I heard last nights episode was terrible. 

It was HORRID.

3 minutes ago, Cleanqueen said:

oh how the mighty have fallen. Flash has been a mess this season, the network hasn't even spent time promoting it outside of the iris episode and yet here they are getting low ratings. 

I blame it on the assholes insisting and doubling down on making this season about Ralph Fucking Dibney.  He is the show's version of a "funnier" asshole equal to  Wild Dong without the hostility, as I pointed out to @Mellowyellow in the Flash Forum.

• Love 5

It's glorious to see The Flash's numbers drop. I mean, they're still the highest on the network, but they're now closing the gap a little. I only have further hope that they don't spike back up next week (I really dislike this season). 

I watched the second half of last night's episode (I was watching Roseanne at 8pm) and yeah, I'm really glad the show's dropped from my Must Watch Live list. I'm hoping I can drop it completely next season, so hopefully they don't drag me back in with some actual positive news for next season. I'd rather stay gone from the show. 

• Love 2
28 minutes ago, lemotomato said:

Grant Gustin was a guest on Conan O'Brien's show on Monday night. Suzanne Gomez was tweeting all about it. I guess that makes it even worse that they came back so low because they did try to promote it. 

Except Grant didn't even talk about the show. All he did was explain how he films running, but zero on storylines or the show in general. I'm still trying to figure out why he was there since all he talked about was his personal life lol. They would have been better off sending Candice, Carlos, or Danielle, I'm sure they would have promoted the Flash.

Edited by JJ928
  • Love 1
4 minutes ago, JJ928 said:

Except Grant didn't even talk about the show. All he did was explain how he films running, but zero on storylines or the show in general. I'm still trying to figure out why he was there since all he talked about his personal life lol. They would have been better off sending Candice, Carlos, or Danielle, I'm sure they would have promoted the Flash.

That's how late night talk show appearances always work. The star only ever answers a question or two about the show, then tells personal anecdotes. Happened in season 3 when SA was on Jimmy Kimmel and Seth Meyers  too. As long as Flash was mentioned in the introduction and end of Grant's segment, that counts as promoting the show.

Edited by lemotomato
  • Love 4

it might go back up if viewers were intrigued by that ending, I certainly was...and from what it looks like Ralph will have something happen to him next week and apparently the actor hasnt been filming lately.

They could have at least played a flash clip, instead they played a clip of a cartoon mentioning Grant. I saw the interview online GG isn't someone I'd watch anything for tbh, but everything about that interview was underwhelming. I felt like someone dragged him there.

Just now, Cleanqueen said:

it might go back up if viewers were intrigued by that ending, I certainly was...and from what it looks like Ralph will have something happen to him next week and apparently the actor hasnt been filming lately.

Yeah and that promo did have a "Ralph's ending episode" feel to it.

In all honesty though I'm most interested in who the possibly Dawn girl is and what's going to happen to Marlize (who I honestly think is the most interesting new recurring character they've ever added on the Flash), sorry to admit that there's not much interest to me about any of the main characters (save for the Harry tease at the end), even though clearly the show wants me to be worried that Cisco might be leaving.

• Love 3

I completely agree with the consensus on last night's Flash. Ralph is all over the place. One minute he's in and being a hero, next he's scared and doesn't care. Then he wants to be a constant comedian? I mean What? Also, I really HATE Barry this season. I feel like they are all having their male egos stomped on and it's making for a bad show. Though I will admit I laughed at the Ralph whoopie cushion.  I know people have thoughts about Iris and I don't mind her, but I think that now that they are a couple it takes some of the fun out of it. I enjoy good tension and I like a love story.

I felt for Marlize. Wow. When they started it was a week until the body gave out and she said it would take her 3 hours. Then at the end she said 1 hour. I mean, is this going on like every 10 minutes or something? Yikes! 

Also, Crucifer?! That cracked me up so much.

Where does The Flash go from here? 

Edited by Swellcatt
Crucifer is hilarious. Had to add

Unrounded preliminaries and half-hours from RJK at SpottedRatings.com:

The Flash ........................ 0.618 ... (0.607 ... 0.628)
Black Lightning ................ 0.499 ... (0.480 ... 0.517)

Legends of Tomorrow stars discuss what’s to come at C2E2
by Danielle Ortiz   April 11, 2018
https://culturess.com/2018/04/11/legends-of-tomorrow-stars-discuss-whats-to-come-at-c2e2/

No new crossover episodes have been announced yet, but the Legends actors did say those episodes are a lot of fun. “Logistically, it’s a nightmare,” Lotz admitted. The struggle is knowing which show they’re actually filming on a given day.

But if they could have a fellow Arrowverse star permanently cross over, it might make things easier.

For Lotz, the choice would be Iris West, simply because she and Candice Patton are good friends. Routh voted to have Emily Bett Rickards – who plays Felicity Smoak on Arrow – join the team.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 10

Is Legends of Tomorrow Influenced by Guardians of the Galaxy?
Posted by Dan Wickline April 11, 2018
https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/04/11/legends-tomorrow-influenced-guardians/

The embraced insanity was on display Monday night in the Legends season finale that featured a warrior of pure light taking the form of  the talking stuffed animal, Beebo. In a scene that was half Captain Planet and half Ghostbusters, the 20-plus foot tall Beebo went toe-to-toe with the winged time demon named Mallus in a epic battle that ended with a heart-shaped puff of blue fur and stuffing. It was arguably the best use of a CGI budget I’ve ever seen on television.

A clip of the battle was posted to social media by Ash Crossan, host of ET Now. Guardians director James Gunn replied to the post, calling the scene “amazing.” That was replied to by Legends executive producer Marc Guggenheim, who told Gunn that they “invoke Guardians in the writer’s room A LOT.” That pretty much means that Legends of Tomorrow is indeed influenced by Guardians of the Galaxy… which works out well for the fans.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 5

Nearly Half of “Luke Cage’s” New Season Is Women-Directed — A Major Change from Season 1
April 9, 2018
https://blog.womenandhollywood.com/nearly-half-of-luke-cages-new-season-is-women-directed-a-major-change-from-season-1-88c87b88f0e3

"Luke Cage” has undergone a major behind-the-scenes makeover. According to blackfilm.com, the Netflix superhero series’ sophomore outing will feature six episodes directed by women — almost half of its 13-episode season. This marks quite the improvement from Season 1, which was helmed entirely by men.

Lucy Liu directed the second season premiere. She’s previously directed episodes of CBS’ Sherlock Holmes-inspired procedural “Elementary,” on which she also stars, and an ep of “Graceland.” Liu also co-directed the feature “Meena.”

“Luke Cage’s” other female directors are Kasi Lemmons (“Eve’s Bayou,” “Shots Fired”), Salli Richardson-Whitfield (“Queen Sugar,” “Scandal”), Neema Barnette (“Being Mary Jane,” “Queen Sugar”), Millicent Shelton (“Runaways,” “Black-ish”), and Steph Green (“You’re the Worst,” “The Americans”).
The character of Luke Cage appeared in Season 1 of “Jessica Jones” as a series regular. “Jessica Jones’” entirely women-helmed second season, which bowed in March, may have at least partially inspired “Luke Cage’s” sharp increase in female directors. Neasa Hardiman (“Happy Valley”), Anna Foerster (“Outlander”), Zetna Fuentes (“How to Get Away with Murder”), and Shelton are among “Jessica Jones’” Season 2 helmers.

Season 2 of “Luke Cage” hits Netflix June 22.

Edited by tv echo

That's what The Flash gets for taking another four week hiatus. And Grant did give a terrible interview on Conan, I don't even know why he was there. I agree, it looked like somebody dragged him, he was totally unenthusiastic about anything he was saying. I've heard he's reclusive (like Tom Welling was when he was on Smallville), but I think he's gotten worse since the show started.

I wonder if it'll go back up any over the next six episodes.

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, ruby24 said:

That's what The Flash gets for taking another four week hiatus. And Grant did give a terrible interview on Conan, I don't even know why he was there. I agree, it looked like somebody dragged him, he was totally unenthusiastic about anything he was saying. I've heard he's reclusive (like Tom Welling was when he was on Smallville), but I think he's gotten worse since the show started.

I wonder if it'll go back up any over the next six episodes.

They have to have hiatuses .... and they solve the issue pretty well this season because you get unterupted episodes till the finale.

41 minutes ago, SmallScreenDiva said:

What is wrong with the LOT people?!?!

Is he even responding to a friend or just a random person commenting on Kardashians (I assume)? It’s weird either way.

46 minutes ago, SmallScreenDiva said:

What is wrong with the LOT people?!?!

HA!  I feel vindicated. (Unto myself, lol) I unfollowed him from Instagram two years ago after getting a weird macho vibe from him that at the time was really messing with my ability to like Jax.  Though this is SOOOO much more gonzo than I would have expected any modern day man to say.  

Edited by BkWurm1
  • Love 4
7 minutes ago, Primal Slayer said:

side-eye.gif

Yikes. I feel bad for his wife/baby momma. 

I feel bad for his regular momma too.   Look who you ended up raising.

Edited by BkWurm1
  • Love 14
2 hours ago, BkWurm1 said:

HA!  I feel vindicated. (Unto myself, lol) I unfollowed him from Instagram two years ago after getting a weird macho vibe from him that at the time was really messing with my ability to like Jax.  Though this is SOOOO much more gonzo than I would have expected any modern day man to say.  

He sounds like a special snowflake douche.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Sakura12 said:

Well that stopped me from being sad that he's not on the show anymore. 

Yep. I was actually wanting Jax back. Now, I'm glad he's gone and hope he stays gone. This is a situation where the actor has officially affected how I see his character. I just took a glance at his Twitter and he really went on a rampage. I know Caity Lotz had her problematic stuff a few days ago at Clexacon, but it didn't affect how I saw her character (and she wasn't rude to people when they called her out) and I still like her after all of that. Franz...yikes. He has his opinion and honestly, if he had only left it at that one tweet, I might have been able to step aside and try to see this "scientific" side that he talks about. But he just keeps going...and going.... and going...

• Love 2

John Diggle Is Getting An Arrow-verse Crossover Soon, Here's What David Ramsey Told Us
BY LAURA HURLEY  April 11, 2018
https://www.cinemablend.com/television/2401641/john-diggle-is-getting-an-arrow-verse-crossover-soon-heres-what-david-ramsey-told-us

"I'm doing a cameo on a bit of a small crossover. John Diggle will be on Flash in the next few weeks. When I was over there, one of the A.D.s said, 'How you doing?' And I said, 'Well, I'm doing great. I'm on a hit TV show crossing over on another hit TV show, and I'm just enjoying [the Arrow-verse] because it will never ever happen again.'"

Arrow-verse fans can look forward to seeing David Ramsey as John Diggle on The Flash in the not-too-distant future. Ramsey also revealed that he'll drop by Arrow's sister show in his new capacity as an A.R.G.U.S. agent. Digg turned to A.R.G.U.S. after leaving Team Arrow, and he'll work with wife Lyla at the government agency for at least the foreseeable future. This won't be the first time Diggle travels to The Flash on A.R.G.U.S. business, as he joined Lyla for a trip to Central City back in Season 2 of The Flash to help Barry Allen and Co. deal with King Shark.
Now, Arrow fans who are concerned about David Ramsey's comment that something like a cameo crossover "will never happen again" don't need to worry that something bad will happen to Diggle sooner rather than later. Rather, he was reflecting on how truly remarkable the Arrow-verse has become over the years. Who could have guessed when Arrow debuted back in 2012 that it would ultimately spawn a small empire of superhero series for The CW? Without Arrow, The Flash and Legends of Tomorrow never would have happened, and The CW may not have seemed like a perfect fit for Supergirl if the other superhero shows weren't already airing successfully. Even Black Lightning may have Arrow's superhero success to thank for making it onto the airwaves, although Black Lightning isn't currently in the Arrow-verse. Arrow was proof that a new kind of superhero show could work on primetime.
We can't say at this point when exactly David Ramsey will cross over to The Flash for his cameo, but you can find him in new episodes of Arrow on Thursdays at 9 p.m. ET on The CW....

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 4

Just watched The Flash.  Sigh.  That episode/show was so frustrating.  Ignoring the Dibney in the room, I was so struck by how all the women were so incredibly and unrealistically passive or being forced to be passive.  Iris again is only there to be exposition and to softly suggest the answer to Barry once he's finally ready to hear it.  Caitlyn apparently does all the work trying to diagnose Breacher and had the answers but just waits around watching Cisco be stupid and basically is complicit in almost getting Breacher killed since she let him believe the really damaging lie Cisco initially told him about being cured.  Of course, then there is Marlize that is getting mind wiped regularly and being held prisoner not to mention the dead woman whose body will be discarded in about a week once Devoe uses it up.  

The only non-passive woman is the jewel thief but she's a complete caricature, no human emotions, just all about getting the sparklies no matter the cost and she's easily beaten by RALPH!!  

It's a joke to pretend the Flash writers or producers have any respect for their female characters.  They are really just props.    Sigh.

• Love 8

But if they could have a fellow Arrowverse star permanently cross over, it might make things easier.

For Lotz, the choice would be Iris West, simply because she and Candice Patton are good friends. Routh voted to have Emily Bett Rickards – who plays Felicity Smoak on Arrow – join the team.

Awwwwww he plays my second favourite character in Arrowverse and has very good taste! I think that's the second time now he's said he likes/wants to work with EBR.

Will never stop feeling sad I missed out on fandom during S3.

• Love 1
15 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

Will never stop feeling sad I missed out on fandom during S3.

Ohhhhhhhh.....*winces*

Actually, fandom would have probably not have been a happy place for a Brandon Routh fan during S3, so maybe it's better you missed it. 

Speaking of wincing.....ahhhh Franz Drameh. *facepalm*  I love and miss Jax, but the actor....yeah, not missing so much anymore.  :(

Now I'm wondering if there was more behind his sudden exit than was on the surface. 

Edited by Starfish35
  • Love 11
1 minute ago, Starfish35 said:

Ohhhhhhhh.....*winces*

Actually, fandom would have probably not have been a happy place for a Brandon Routh fan during S3, so maybe it's better you missed it. 

Speaking of wincing.....ahhhh Franz Drameh. *facepalm*  I love and miss Jax, but the actor....yeah, not missing so much anymore.  :(

But there must have been cute bts photos of him and EBR etc yes?

1 minute ago, Starfish35 said:

......you know, I don't know.  I can't remember any, but that's not saying much. :)

haha oh well....

On the bright side, I am hoping they bring Courtney Ford back next season and give Ray a LI! Totally shipping that!!! They are very cute together onscreen! 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, way2interested said:

I'm guessing the Wentworth Miller one when they are transporting the last meta.

I'm amazed ARGUS is still willing to work with them, since Something always Goes Wrong when they do! But I'll be glad to see Diggle interact with the Flash cast again.

• Love 2
43 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

But there must have been cute bts photos of him and EBR etc yes?

I honestly don't remember many. But yeah, being here as a Ray fan in S3 probably would have been no fun for you. I think the words most frequently used to describe him from 301 to 316 were "creepy stalker." The 317 thread was a total Ray hatefest. I think 319 was really the first time a lot of posters enjoyed him, and that was because the writers finally did what they should have done from the beginning, which was let him be the comic relief to grumpy pants Oliver. 

• Love 5