Type keyword(s) to search

Mind Your Surroundings: Arrow, The Flash, Supergirl, Legends of Tomorrow and Other Superhero Universes

ArctisTor
  • Start Topic

Who asked for this?

Warner Bros. Pictures and DC Entertainment are developing a live-action film pitting Harley Quinn against The Joker, Screen Rant has learned. This project is set within the DCEU and is addition to the Suicide Squad sequel (Jaume Collet-Serra is reportedly in the running to direct) and the in-development Gotham City Sirens which sees Margot Robbie’s Quinn in another feature directed by David Ayer.

Both Harley Quinn (Margot Robbie) and The Joker (Jared Leto) were first introduced in 2016’s Suicide Squad directed by Ayer, and both stars are attached to return for Harley Quinn vs The Joker.

The project is described as a spinoff and Geoff Johns is set to produce. No story details or production dates have been set as of yet, but it’s possible we learn more during the Warner Bros. panel at San Diego’s Comic-Con International tomorrow where they kick off the big day in the convention center’s Hall H.

(edited)

DC's Freedom Fighters: The Ray is a Dark Reflection of CW Multiverse
Mike Cecchini  Jul 21, 2017
http://www.denofgeek.com/us/tv/freedom-fighters-the-ray/266475/dcs-freedom-fighters-the-ray-is-a-dark-reflection-of-cw-multiverse

At San Diego Comic-Con, preview night fans who turned up in Ballroom 20 were treated to a brief reveal of what's in store for the next DC animated series coming to the CW Seed. A few minutes of footage from DC's Freedom Fighters: The Ray were shown, and it's certainly occupying a different place in the Multiverse than any of the other CW superhero offerings.

When DC's Freedom Fighters: The Ray was first announced, comic fans may have noted that the Freedom Fighters team come from a very specific world in DC's Multiverse, one in which the Nazis won World War II. As a result, Uncle Sam and his team, which includes The Human Bomb, Phantom Lady, Black Condor, and The Ray, are liberty's last line of defense on a planet that doesn't have much of it to spare.

DC's Freedom Fighters: The Ray doesn't shy away from any of that. One of the first images in the footage shown is swastika banners being carried by futuristic Nazis. The Ray and the rest of the Freedom Fighters (I believe I spotted Red Tornado in there along with Phantom Lady and the others) are in the process of taking them on, but they have to deal with a rival team of superhumans: Arrow, Flash, and Supergirl, all of whom are working for the Nazis, and have costumes to match.
The clip was all action, all the time, and there wasn't much in the way of characterization, so there's no way to get a handle on what's in store for Ray himself. This show will make history as the first DC superhero property with a homosexual lead, so clearly there's going to be more to this than punching Nazis, but this brief reel of footage was mostly meant to showcase the kind of action that we'll see. It's not much to go on, but it looks like The Ray will be worth checking out.

Edited by tv echo
45 minutes ago, strikera0 said:

Has this been posted already?

Nice!

They kind of featured Iris, but I wish they had actually shown Candice. Glad Black Lightning is getting some early promotion.

• Love 1
(edited)

For those interested in Young Justice (just picked some of the tweets) edited to add: Sorry I was making this post when you posted, I'll delete if this is double of the same info! 

Edited by RedVitC
  • Love 1
(edited)

Good - Artemis is still on the show.  I was worried for a moment.  I wonder what the chances of them bringing Wally back are?

35 minutes ago, Delphi said:

@dtissagirl, I'm sure you'll be thrilled at Stephanie's inclusion.   

Stephanie?

Edited by Starfish35
15 minutes ago, Starfish35 said:

Good - Artemis is still on the show.  I was worried for a moment.  I wonder what the chances of them bringing Wally back are?

Stephanie?

I think they will bring him back, probably at the end of the season.

Stephanie is Spoiler, one time girl Robin and Tim Drakes boo. 

Why can't DC/WB/CW get these guys to write a live action show, they are miles above the Flarrowgirl writers and Marvel.

• Love 3
(edited)
3 minutes ago, Primal Slayer said:

I think they will bring him back, probably at the end of the season.

Why can't DC/WB/CW get these guys to write a live action show, they are miles above the Flarrowgirl writers and Marvel.

Surprisingly most the DC animated shows are better written and have better character development then most genre superhero live action shows. 

Eta: same with DC animated movies vs a lot of the current dc universe movies :P

Edited by LeighAn
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, Primal Slayer said:

So that's why I've been seeing all these tweets with 'new characters are so and so and spoiler!' I thought, man, whoever this new character is must be a big deal if they don't even want to spoil it in tweets after it's been announced. ?

• Love 4

I'm sure she'll show up. She was having a rough time in S2 so I wouldn't be surprised if she maybe returned to Mars for some self healing.

But that whole S2 twist between Aqualad & Artemis....woof...why couldn't have Arrow done something as good as that?

2 minutes ago, dtissagirl said:

I'm super conflicted. On one hand, one of my fave characters of all time, on the other, they killed one of my favorite 'ships ever when they disappeared Wally. I still haven't watched the S2 finale. Hee.

Did they forever? Hubby thinks they will make a new series and Wally will come back! He knows nothing in terms of goss but just assumes Wally will be back! 

Should I tell him Wally is not coming back? 

(edited)
1 hour ago, Mellowyellow said:

Did they forever? Hubby thinks they will make a new series and Wally will come back! He knows nothing in terms of goss but just assumes Wally will be back! 

Should I tell him Wally is not coming back? 

From what the creators said in the panel yesterday Wally is really for real gone.

But also this isn't my first or seventeenth rodeo, and nobody ever truly dies in comic books or comic book shows? I'm gonna be reading spoilers once the episodes start airing, that's for sure.

Edited by dtissagirl
  • Love 3

He is gone in the same sense that Barry is gone on the show. Weisman is very anti-spoiler so he wouldn't reveal if they were bringing Wally back but if the shows goes on for as long as they plan it to I am sure they will bring him back.

• Love 1
(edited)

Thanks guys! I won't tell him there is a new series until it airs and then break it to him gently if Wally is gone. He was very fond of Wally and Artemis.

ETA: Candice looks amazing!!!! That's a gorgeous dress! 

Am also hoping for Brandon Routh pics if anyone has any!!!!

Edited by Mellowyellow
(edited)

Just watched The Defenders panel. I wish the Q&A session would have been longer, but Krysten Ritter looked fabulous, so there was that at least. 

Edited by strikera0
5 hours ago, dtissagirl said:

I'm super conflicted. On one hand, one of my fave characters of all time, on the other, they killed one of my favorite 'ships ever when they disappeared Wally. I still haven't watched the S2 finale. Hee.

Ooh,  Gods,  it's fucking devastating.   You should watch it. 

3 hours ago, apinknightmare said:

Has Nick Zano always been that ripped?

No.   Absolutely no.  He hasn't been.   That's distracting. 

• Love 1
(edited)

Arrowverse composer, Blake Neely, was part of this SDCC panel on July 21...

SDCC 2017: 9TH ANNUAL BEHIND THE MUSIC PANEL
July 22, 2017   Jordan Grout
http://whysoblu.com/sdcc-2017-9th-annual-behind-music-panel/

On day two of Comic-Con 2017, seven composers who have scored some of the most beloved properties in television & film came together for the 9th annual Behind-The-Music Panel. This year’s panel, “Behind The Music: Fantasy, Fiction & Fandom,” featured stars of Legion, Rachel Keller (Syd Barrett) and Jeremie Harris (Ptonomy Wallace) and drew hundreds of fans, excited to learn the key to supporting the tone and emotion of an episode through music. The panel featured composers Jeff Russo (Fargo, Legion), Kris Bowers (Dear White People), Mac Quayle (Mr. Robot, Feud, American Horror Story), Siddhartha Khosla (This Is Us, Runaways), Sean Callery (Jessica Jones, 24, Marvel’s Inhumans) Blake Neely (The Flash, Supergirl, Riverdale), and Joseph LoDuca (Ash vs Evil Dead, Xena).
From there, the panelists discussed how they built a good relationship with their respective showrunners....
Blake offered a fascinating perspective on this type of relationship, having worked on shows that not only shared creators, but also functioned within a shared, overlapping universe.
“I hope you guys like the crossovers,” he joked, “because those are my favorite scores. It puts you in a fortunate situation where you chose a particular style that works for The Flash, and another that works for Supergirl. Fortunately, I knew there would be crossovers when I started on The Flash, so I planned one show’s music to feed into another when they inevitable converged.”

behindthemusic-poster.png

And here's Supergirl TV's interview with Blake Neely (mostly discussing Supergirl's theme music and soundtrack)...

Supergirl.tv: SDCC 2017 Discussion w/ Blake Neely
Published on Jul 21, 2017, by Supergirl TV

-- BN: "You know, the thing with all the Berlanti shows is, he has those moments where, you know, you think you're watching a superhero show, but it's - he just creates human dramas. So when he - when we have scenes like that, they really push the human emotion. I think those stick with all of us."

-- BN: "All the Arrowverse soundtracks are coming out."

-- BN: "I don't know if there'll be another musical."

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Miss Dee said:

Beach babes 

I'm just praying they're in costume for the premiere. Because that promises awesomeness on a massive scale.

ETA: If anyone can show me how to get links to show up as pictures, I'd be mighty grateful.

• Love 1
13 minutes ago, SleepDeprived said:

Still trying to keep my expectations low because as much as I love the Wonder Woman movie, Patty Jenkins had a lot to do with that, but... This looks pretty epic! I'm kinda hyped!

Please be good please be good please be good.

Thoughts:  I love how Diana and the Amazons seem like such a central and big part of the story. Represent Wonder Woman!

Can we trade our Barry Allen for this one? Cause he's adorbs❤

Where is Superman??

• Love 1
1 minute ago, LeighAn said:

Thoughts:  I love how Diana and the Amazons seem like such a central and big part of the story. Represent Wonder Woman!

Can we trade our Barry Allen for this one? Cause he's adorbs❤

Where is Superman??

I'd like to know who I need to bribe to trade DCTV's Barry Allen for this one, too. He's super cute and adorable. And Ezra Miller's jawline is amazing.

I'm betting that the person Alfred is talking to at the end is Superman, back from the dead. Either that or it's the T-rex from Jurassic Park.

water.gif

• Love 5
7 minutes ago, SleepDeprived said:

I'd like to know who I need to bribe to trade DCTV's Barry Allen for this one, too. He's super cute and adorable. And Ezra Miller's jawline is amazing.

I'm betting that the person Alfred is talking to at the end is Superman, back from the dead. Either that or it's the T-rex from Jurassic Park.

I am surprised by how much I like Ezra as Barry. But I'm still not enthused about JL and likely won't see it. I've read spec that Alfred is talking to Green Lantern. 

1 minute ago, Morrigan2575 said:

I'm putting this here because I think Lucifer is a comic book show.

I'm sorry I just can't see Welling playing a charming/charismatic character, equal to Lucifer. 

He was sometimes better at playing evil Clark then regular Clark so I don't know... 

Just now, Chaser said:

I can't either, but I want to see episode. I'm curious.

Age works on TW.

He's crazy attractive. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Morrigan2575 said:

And here i thought you popped in because Calliope mentioned Green Lantern LOL 

Oh, I definitely heard the word "Lantern" in the trailer, but then the possibility of a T-Rex eating Batman came up and I was totally distracted.

• Love 3