Type keyword(s) to search

Mind Your Surroundings: Arrow, The Flash, Supergirl, Legends of Tomorrow and Other Superhero Universes

ArctisTor
  • Start Topic

They do outside interviews also. Unless the main attraction in the studio Will be JH/KC interview i am guess they gonna go with Stephen, Emily and David.

If they change it...why not just Stephen, Willa and an EP? 

I lost a parent myself a little over a week ago so my sympathies to her ?

I'm terribly sorry about your loss. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, LeighAn said:

I lost a parent myself a little over a week ago so my sympathies to her ?

I'm so sorry for your loss. *Hugs*

I know a couple of weeks back now we discussed in this thread about whether Geoff Johns actually has any input/care for Arrow in relation to his involvement in Arrow vs Flash and whether the shows are entirely seperate non related productions.

Well I just saw this on twitter and thought I'd share because mainly it's the first quote I've ever read of Geoff Johns thoughts on Arrow and I thought it was pretty cool.

4 minutes ago, Velocity23 said:

1334x1000.jpeg-39.jpgž

1334x1000.jpeg-1-27.jpg

WB DC’s Superheroes Await You at the Marriott Gaslamp

http://sdccblog.com/2017/07/wb-dcs-superheroes-await-you-at-the-marriott-gaslamp/

Oliver, sweetie, you deserve better.

• Love 10
(edited)

Well it's a mashup of what was posted a few days ago but it looks much better, and with added Black Lightening. They've got the three "names" on the right, then the three Legends (two most recognisable to SDCC/a well received WOC and Black Lightening for all the new show hype.

Oliver probably does deserve better, but I guess Flash is the highest rated DC show, they are still trying to make SG a success on the CW and the pattern fits until they put BL on the end same size as Barry for  obvious publicity reasons.

Edited by Featherhat
  • Love 1
50 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

I'm expecting a canary cry selfie with both KC and JH. Now that's really awkward. Haha.

I think they'd have to like each other to be in a selfie together and so far, as far as I know, we've had no evidence of that. 

13 hours ago, tv echo said:

Pics and vids from Supergirl filming...

SEASON 3: Who Ruins Lena Luthor’s SUPERGIRL Appreciation Day in Season 3 Premiere? Reign.
By Susan Gittins July 16, 2017 
http://www.hollywoodnorth.buzz/2017/07/season-3-who-ruins-lena-luthors-supergirl-appreciation-day-in-season-3-premiere-reign.html 

Also...

He's been pushing for more screen time?  Well, that makes sense since much less and he wouldn't be on the show at all, lol.  

• Love 2

Wonder Woman’ To Whip ‘Guardians Of The Galaxy Vol. 2’ As Summer’s Highest-Grossing Film; 2nd Best Of 2017

As we first pointed out Friday night, Warner Bros./DC’s Wonder Woman will fly over Disney/Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 at the domestic box office this coming weekend with more than $387M. This easily will make Wonder Woman the highest-grossing title of the domestic summer B.O. and the second best so far this year after Disney’s Beauty and the Beast ($504M).

----------

Wonder Woman counts $381.5M through Monday, about $5.15M behind GOTG2‘s $386.7M. Among the first chapters for a solo superhero series, Wonder Woman is the second best on the all-time U.S./Canada B.O. chart after Sony/Marvel’s 2002 Spider-Man ($403.7M). She’s also the third-highest-grossing Warner Bros. release of all time stateside after The Dark Knight ($534.9M) and The Dark Knight Rises ($448.1M) –both DC titles — and the pic recently clicked past Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2 ($381M).

• Love 6
(edited)
59 minutes ago, Delphi said:

The fact that Vixen is so prominent in those posters gives me hope that she might stick around for most of the season.  Not a lot,  but some hope. 

I think your hope is reasonable.  They initially intended to have the modern day Vixen who would have had no date with destiny to return to the timeline, so I don't think their intent to keep the character ever changed and really, her more complicated 'history', I think has made Grandma Vixen the better fit for the time traveling crew than the modern day one would have.  

I wonder if BR ever wishes he could be on a poster where you could actually see his face.    

Edited by BkWurm1
  • Love 1
(edited)
18 hours ago, LeighAn said:

I know a couple of weeks back now we discussed in this thread about whether Geoff Johns actually has any input/care for Arrow in relation to his involvement in Arrow vs Flash and whether the shows are entirely seperate non related productions.

Well I just saw this on twitter and thought I'd share because mainly it's the first quote I've ever read of Geoff Johns thoughts on Arrow and I thought it was pretty cool.

Thanks for that tweet link! I had not seen that quote before.  

Here's a few other Geoff Johns quotes relating to Arrow - however, note that they all seem to be several years old. I haven't seen any quotes from him regarding Arrow in recent years...

Comic Book Resources (Oct. 9, 2012)

Comic Book Resources was invited to attend an “Arrow” press event at DC Comics’ Los Angeles headquarters where Guggenheim, Kreisberg, leading man Stephen Amell and DC Entertainment’s Chief Creative Officer Geoff Johns were on hand to answer questions about the debut season of “Arrow.” One thing they all drove home repeatedly is that the show is grounded in reality to make it accessible to all audience members.
There will be several villains introduced over the course of the first season — a “Bad,” a “Badder” and a “Baddest” — and Kreisberg was really thrilled to share the worst of them with “Arrow’s” audience. Fans will be “excited and surprised by their identity,” he said. And though Oliver is the “star of the show,” Johns emphasized “never say never” about the chance of seeing other DC characters one day come into the “Arrow” universe.

Arrow cast panel at PaleyFest (Mar. 9, 2013):
GJ: "One of the, uh, new additions to the show and she's a series regular next season is Felicity Smoak. (Applause) So can you guys talk a little bit about - this is a minor supporting cast member from the Fury of Firestorm comic book. It has nothing - (someone claps) - which is great, but - ... How did you go from that to a regular in the Green Arrow show? ... And are you surprised by it? Because, you know, she has blown up - obviously, people really respond to her."
MG: "Less surprised than gratified, I think.
AK: "It's really all because of Emily [Bett Rickards]. I mean, truthfully, you know, we wrote that as a - you know, we never intended to, 'hey, we're introducing a new recurring character who one day is going to find out Oliver Queen's secret.'  It was just, 'oh, Oliver needed to go to an IT girl, and we decided to make it somebody, you know in Queen Consolidated, and we gave her a little bit of edge, which we thought was fun. And Marc and I saw like - you know, the casting people, they send you the videos of the readings of the, you know, people who come in to read, and she was clearly the best one. And we did it once and, you know, what's going to happen. And, you know, we were watching, you know - sometimes we'll watch the show like with twitter - (MG interjected, "And by 'sometimes,' we mean every week") - and that first episode that she was on, like all of a sudden, it was like, 'hey, who's the blonde IT girl? who's the blonde IT girl?' And, you know, then we were getting feedback from, you know - Peter Roth, who's the President of Warner Brothers, called us and said, 'I love the blonde computer girl.' - (general laughter) - And, um, that first scene with her became proof of concept for what she could be because, you know, Stephen [Amell] was so funny in that scene, you know, that first scene with her."
SA: "I don't think that my character had cracked a smile, you know, before episode 3 when I saw her. And we were shooting that - I remember calling you guys afterwards. I started saying, 'Emily was really great and that was a really fun scene to shoot.' I had a - you know, I'm legitimately laughing at her as she's bubbling away, and I'm so happy, you know, it was getting lonely in the Foundry with Diggle."
DR: "It was, it was. I mean, how many sit-ups can I watch this dude so? - (general laughter) - Sad. It was very sad before Felicity."
GJ: "You know, some people might love that."

Variety article (Sep. 17, 2014):

Conversely, DC chief creative officer Geoff Johns is adamant that their projects should remain separate, with no crossover between mediums. “We want to give freedom to creators… so that they can take their passion [and make] the best show, the best film, the best game without having to tie it into other things,” he says.
He believes the secret to “Arrow’s” success (the series is No. 1 for the CW in all key male demos, a major victory for the network, which lost male viewers when “Smallville” went off the air) — and the potential appeal of DC’s other series — lies in how little they alter the characters. “Yes, it’s got to be adapted and expanded, whether it goes from TV to comics or comics to film,” he says, “but the DNA of it is always true.”
This is the ethos that has driven fans to read comics for decades.
“You connect with these characters, and you’re inspired by these characters and you aspire to be like them,” Johns observes. “You ask yourself, ‘What would Superman do?’ Everyone knows what Superman would do. You can’t say that about a lot of other characters that exist in fiction.”

Also, per his IMDb page, Geoff Johns wrote Arrow 1x16 (Dead to Rights), has story credit for 2x19 (The Man Under the Hood), and shares teleplay credits for 1x07 (Muse of Fire), 2x08 (The Scientist) and 2x09 (Three Ghosts).

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

GJs credits make sense if you consider the episodes Ann's that he has the largest presence of DCs interest in mind.   It seems to me that he steps in when there are important things brewing or if their touching properties that DC considers to be valuable. 

In the category of surprising Felicity Smoak references (DC tv reference for a Marvel movie)...

‘Avengers: Infinity War’ will see return of bionic-powered ‘War Machine’ 
Stark Industries to back James Rhodes with advanced technology similar to ‘The Winter Soldier.’
Ryan Joseph 18 July 2017
http://us.blastingnews.com/showbiz-tv/2017/07/avengers-infinity-war-will-see-return-of-bionic-powered-war-machine-001858983.html

There is a glaring difference between their cases though. Barnes lost an arm and inherited a metallic one to turn him into the character he was. Rhodes did show some small progress, thanks mostly to Starks Technologies for some mobility. However, it could hint at something more like maybe a chip similar to how Felicity Smoak (Emily Bett Rickard) on "Arrow" was able to get up and make full use of his extremities.
Using technology makes plenty of sense though it is likely to come with a loophole. In the case of Felicity, most saw how some electric-based interruption grounded her from being agile. The same argument may hold true for Rhodes unless the writers save that off for other Marvel films.

• Love 3
5 hours ago, wonderwall said:

If only Chico put this much effort into Arrow.... But I forget she really doesn't care about Arrow as much as SPN.

Didn't SA, MB and GG do Conan last SDCC?

Why does it matter if Chico sent SPN this year?

• Love 2
(edited)
5 hours ago, wonderwall said:

If only Chico put this much effort into Arrow.... But I forget she really doesn't care about Arrow as much as SPN.

IMO this is more likely Holly Ollis from WBTV finally doing something for SPN that Chico has failed to do for them for a long time now.  Holly made the first announcement about this like last week. I doubt Chico is involved at all.

Edited by catrox14
  • Love 3
57 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

Didn't SA, MB and GG do Conan last SDCC?

Why does it matter if Chico sent SPN this year?

To me Arrowverse is different than Arrow. Stephen was a last minute add in last year IIRC which makes me think Conan was meant more for Flash/SG than for Arrow who was just tacked on at the end so as to not seem inconsiderate.

23 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

IMO this is more likely Holly Ollis from WBTV finally doing something for SPN that Chico has failed to do for them for a long time now.  Holly made the first announcement about this like last week. I doubt Chico is involved at all.

If Chico coordinated it last year I think there's a good chance she may have been a part of it this year too... But I guess we'll never know

3 minutes ago, wonderwall said:

To me Arrowverse is different than Arrow. Stephen was a last minute add in last year IIRC which makes me think Conan was meant more for Flash/SG than for Arrow who was just tacked on at the end so as to not seem inconsiderate.

If Chico coordinated it last year I think there's a good chance she may have been a part of it this year too... But I guess we'll never know

Going by both Holly Ollis and Chico's TL's this doesn't seem to be anything Chico was doing.

Holly Ollis tweeted on July 12.  Chico only tweeted about it today, the day of the event and that was a RT of Jensen's tweet. That's pretty pathetic. Holly also tweeted about Gotham and Supergirl.

• Love 2
(edited)
2 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

Holly Ollis tweeted on July 12.  Chico only tweeted about it today, the day of the event and that was a RT of Jensen's tweet. That's pretty pathetic. Holly also tweeted about Gotham and Supergirl.

IDK I don't think when who tweeted the announcement should be considered proof as to who was responsible for setting the interview up but ymmv! 

Didn't Chico get a promotion recently? I wonder if she's Holly's boss now... I'm trying to figure out the hierarchy here 

Edited by wonderwall
(edited)
10 minutes ago, wonderwall said:

IDK I don't think when who tweeted the announcement should be considered proof as to who was responsible for setting the interview up but ymmv! 

Didn't Chico get a promotion recently? I wonder if she's Holly's boss now... I'm trying to figure out the hierarchy here 

The only thing I know is that Holly Ollis is the WBTV PR gal (her bio) for SPN, Gotham, Supergirl and last I knew  Chico was  PR for the CW.  They seem like equal roles in different parts of WB.  IMO, if Chico coordinated this and didn't tweet about on her own timeline, then  she still sucks at promoting SPN and Arrow.

I mean aren't we just quibbling over which step-child is being screwed over the worst right now. They are both getting screwed by Chico and not in a good way. LOL

Edited by catrox14
  • Love 5
6 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

I know nothing about the situation but Chico seems like someone who got her job because she's the niece of the president.

OHHH that's interesting. I did not know that

(edited)

Supernatural is trying a last ditched attempt at a spin off this year "Wayward Daughters" so that might be a reason why the extra push for a show that won't die and is rarely featured anywhere but TV fandom these days, I don't know if they have some other awesome storyline planned but I doubt its the final year. Maybe CW/WB/DC are planning to save up any guest slots for The new Super Duper Cross Over EVENT! in November? Yes this slot went to them last year with a crossover pending but since SG is now definitely on the CW with a bit of a wobbly season, Flash the same and Arrow had *some* good reviews but bad ratings and they rather save any big leagues they have left until later. Or someone else in the office won the coin toss, your choice?

Edited by Featherhat
36 minutes ago, wonderwall said:

IT ALL MAKES SENSE NOW

Wait, is Statesgirl saying that Chico IS the niece or that she does her job so half hazard that she SEEMS like someone that only got the gig because of a family connection?  

• Love 1