Type keyword(s) to search

Mind Your Surroundings: Arrow, The Flash, Supergirl, Legends of Tomorrow and Other Superhero Universes

ArctisTor
  • Start Topic

Ratings for the Week

Flash - 1.2/3.01

Supergirl - 0.7/2.35

Arrow - 0.7/1.86

SPN - 0.7/1.79

LoT - 0.6/1.85

So, that's interesting.  LoT had more viewers than SPN and almost the same as Arrow but it's just not pulling in the 18-49 demo.

There's also a 3 way tie for 2nd place in the demo between Supergirl, Arrow and SPN.  I can't imagine the CW is happy with 2 out of 3 of those shows scoring a 0.7.

For comparison, last year SPN pulled the same ratings 0.7/1.71, meanwhile Arrow scored a 1.1/2.69.  

• Love 7
5 minutes ago, bijoux said:

Cute. I love Felicity and Wells yammering on in the background during the introduction.

I hope they have a HR and Felicity scene. I've been pondering how Felicity would react to HR and can't work out what she'd think of him and his salesman-ish schtick.  Seems like she likes him just fine. 

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, bijoux said:

Why are people using HR for Harrison Wells? It's confusing me.

He's the hipster version of Wells. Calls himself HR on the Flash.

I watch Flash every week so that's what I think of him as. Different to Harry and Evil Wells.

Edited by Mellowyellow
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, Mellowyellow said:

He's the hipster version of Wells. Calls himself HR on the Flash.

I watch Flash every week so that's what I think of him as. Different to Harry and Evil Wells.

1 minute ago, dtissagirl said:

It's a new Harrison Wells from a different Earth, the characters literally call him HR.

Thanks.

From following TVByTheNumbers and TV Grim Reaper, it seems like most of the time shows tend to drop in the spring, and then return in the fall to their spring numbers.  So it's a continual gradual trend downward.   There may be a few shows that buck that trend, but that seems to be what happens with most shows.

Arrow's problem, it looks like to me, is that it's just never recovered from the hit it took last spring.   IIRC, its spring finale got an 0.8.

Supergirl - I'm not sure what's going on there.  I would have expected some drop with the network change, but it kept dropping from there, so....

Edited by Starfish35
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, ComicFan777 said:

Random question for those who look at tv ratings: What is a reasonable/expected drop for returning shows from season to season?

Rillacuthbert on tumblr who I believe is a statician in real life posted something earlier in the season that said that CW shows statistically see viewership drop 19% in their fifth seasons IIRC I think Arrows down like 20-25% so far. But I'm not an expert. 

I think ink what's more worrying is the demos though When you have a 12th (?) season show that's out performing in both viewership and occasionally demo of a 5th season show and 2nd season shows its got to ruffle a few feathers. 

But since Arrows syndicated I'm assuming the CW are probably more unhappy with Supergirl and LOT, but who knows.  I think network just over saturate their lineup with superhero shows and while audiences might enjoy them maybe they don't want to watch them EVERY SINGLE night of the week. 

• Love 4

There's a couple of thoughts on LoT. On the one hand it's pretty stable compared to last season. On the other hand it premiered in the Spring where ratings are normally lower. Ideally it should have had better numbers in the fall. However, in the end it's probably the least of the CWs concerns. I imagine Supergirl is #1 followed by Arrow. Flash has seen a rebound this week which should make them happy. 

• Love 8
3 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

There's a couple of thoughts on LoT. On the one hand it's pretty stable compared to last season. On the other hand it premiered in the Spring where ratings are normally lower. Ideally it should have had better numbers in the fall. However, in the end it's probably the least of the CWs concerns. I imagine Supergirl is #1 followed by Arrow. Flash has seen a rebound this week which should make them happy. 

Agreed with all of this. 

17 hours ago, Sakura12 said:

They have made her only interested in women this season. And in the last episode they had Mick say to Jonah Hex that Sara's into women. And from that tweet it does look like they erased Sara being Bi.

Yeah, I've been wondering about just this. Sara and Oliver is too big a bit of history for it to just vanish.  Are they really going to say that Oliver's penis was just that magical that Sara made an exception?  

Beyond the basics of just getting it wrong, I hate the show putting any limitations on the character.  

7 hours ago, LeighAn said:

But since Arrows syndicated I'm assuming the CW are probably more unhappy with Supergirl and LOT, but who knows.  I think network just over saturate their lineup with superhero shows and while audiences might enjoy them maybe they don't want to watch them EVERY SINGLE night of the week. 

I think I would feel that that it was less saturated if the shows were having good seasons.  None are perfect but there's been some really terrible stuff on Arrow and Flash.  Somehow being less invested in LoT and Supergirl makes their faults easier to stomach but sometimes I'm so exhausted from the first two I don't want to watch the others.  As it is, I haven't been able to even bother with Gotham and AoS.  (I'll catch up over the hiatus)  If I was really excited by any of it, it would be a different story.  

• Love 1

Wow, that is SO GROSS about Sara, I had no idea. Hope it will be changed, after all, nothing really explicit has been said or done yet. Can you imagine the outcry if they made a canonically bisexual character only have relationships with the opposite gender? This isn't any better.

Edited by FurryFury
  • Love 4
4 hours ago, tv echo said:

Building the Legion of Doom seems like a natural fit for the former head of the LoA.  He could lure back his minions if he came up with a venue for all those candle and pillow makers to decorate.  

• Love 2

It makes sense. Supergirl. Flash and Arrow are title characters. LoT doesn't have a single title character, so with Rip (and the probably more widely known Arthur Darvill) gone Sara is the closest thing to a lead the show has.

• Love 2

I don't know I always got the feeling they were really trying to push Ray (BR) as the male lead (even when AD was on the show).  He was always the largest on the posters. Sara was more in the middle and Rip was around the same size or smaller than her. 

• Love 2
9 minutes ago, Sakura12 said:

I don't know I always got the feeling they were really trying to push Ray (BR) as the male lead (even when AD was on the show).  He was always the largest on the posters. Sara was more in the middle and Rip was around the same size or smaller than her. 

I think they tried that last year but this year with Sara the Captain, they've finally given her her due. 

• Love 2

Arrowverse Crossover Will Reveal New Information About Flash’s Future

There’s trouble on the horizon for “DC’s Legends of Tomorrow.” Just a few episodes ago, Professor Stein and Jefferson “Jax” Jackson stumbled upon Rip Hunter’s secret room aboard the Waverider. In it, they encountered not only a stash of weapons, but a dire message from the Flash’s future. However, the show hasn’t revealed many details about what that message is — and it won’t, at least until the big “Invasion!” crossover between “Legends,” “The Flash,” “Arrow” and “Supergirl.”

During a set visit, Victor Garber — who plays Martin Stein, one half of Firestorm — told CBR and other reporters that Barry Allen would learn of this future message in the big “Arrow”-verse crossover.

Asked how his character will continue to deal with this secret message from Barry’s future, Garber said, “It sort of comes out in dribs and drabs. It’s a big mystery and a big deal. It’s a spoiler if I give you too much information, but it’s just part of the whole mystery of time travel and the fact that this is coming from Barry years later and then when he finds out — and that all happens in the crossover, so it just sort of unfolds as these things do on these shows, and lots of things occur in that time period.”

http://www.cbr.com/arrowverse-crossover-will-reveal-new-information-about-flashs-future/?utm_source=CBR-TW&utm_medium=Social-Distribution&utm_campaign=CBR-TW&view=list

Edited by Velocity23
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Morrigan2575 said:

I'm assuming it's a balancing act. 4 posters 2 with women in the center and 2 with men.

Is Caitlin missing from The Flash poster?

2 HOURS AGO, LOOPTAB SAID:

I think her positioning has more to do with the look the posters get when put side by side - so, the two guys in the center, the two girls at the extremes.

They are also in the same order as the episodes will air in their respective shows.

Edited by thenj
  • Love 2
3 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

Holy Crap! That's the Hall of Justice from The Super Friends Cartoon

Yeah, I noticed that too, but the side building also says "STAR Labs," so I guess just a shout-out in image form? Or maybe it is and the explanation is that it's also a STAR labs facility or something? Or I guess that's where the meeting of all of them takes place?