Type keyword(s) to search

Mind Your Surroundings: Arrow, The Flash, Supergirl, Legends of Tomorrow and Other Superhero Universes

ArctisTor
  • Start Topic

3 minutes ago, Carrie Ann said:

You erased two kisses and ALSO TWO PARENTS JFC pull your shit together, Barry, god. And everyone else: stop giving him pep talks and start telling him to grow the hell up.

Well....technically, he's now erased THREE kisses. One from season one, one from the finale and now one from this new timeline. 

Someone really does need to yell at Barry. Seriously. He better learn this time.

• Love 5
25 minutes ago, kariyaki said:

People, I posted the mod note just one page ago. Take the Flash-specific posts to The Flash forum. 

Honest question: most people posting here are kinda pretty mean to The Flash and/or Barry. Wouldn't it be rude to take this contempt for the show over to a forum that [well, I'm guessing] actually enjoys it? I have no interest in going to the Flash forum, because I have *nothing* nice to say about it. Isn't it, I dunno, more prudent, if we keep the snark and disdain for Barry contained here?

Edited by dtissagirl
  • Love 18

The other problem is that many of the posters on the Flash forum dislike and resent Felicity.  I've tried to post in the Flash forums but the reactions make me fell like they don't want me there.  And I strongly suspect that there will be resentment for Barry talking to and being honest with Felicity in this episode especially if he's still lying to Iris and Caitlin.

I know Flash-related posts should be over there but it feels like the Arrow board is anti-Barry and the Flash board is anti-Felicity and it makes it hard to know what to do.

• Love 1

It's not trolling if the discussion is civil. This thread isn't meant to be a haven for Arrow posters who don't want to venture out. Using it that way is off topic and makes it unwieldy to moderate because of the sheer volume. 

This isn't anything that can be made as a motion and seconded. This is the rule as it stands now that the new season has started. If you all are comparing the shows, fine. And once the crossovers start, well, all bets will be off. But unless those are the criteria being met, you will all need to figure out how to get along in the appropriate forums. 

• Love 2

Would it make sense for Felicity to be in a wheelchair in Flash 302?  We know she's standing in Arrow 501. I'm asking here because my impression was that the FP reprecussions will be revealed on screen, not that things will keep changing directly because of it in the future.  

If she is by some chance, it's got to be a temporary computer glitch in the implant. She's standing again in 502.

10 hours ago, statsgirl said:

The other problem is that many of the posters on the Flash forum dislike and resent Felicity.  I've tried to post in the Flash forums but the reactions make me fell like they don't want me there.  And I strongly suspect that there will be resentment for Barry talking to and being honest with Felicity in this episode especially if he's still lying to Iris and Caitlin.

I know Flash-related posts should be over there but it feels like the Arrow board is anti-Barry and the Flash board is anti-Felicity and it makes it hard to know what to do.

If we all agree to venture over there together, we'll have safety in numbers! 

7 hours ago, Mellowyellow said:

Anyone been watching Agents of Shield?

Fitz did not tell Simmons about the robot! Are we heading down the Olicity path of lies? Say it ain't so!!!!! I need ONE of my ships to work out! 

Isnt' he not telling her so that she can continue to do her much needed job without having to tell on them?  I kind of got the impression she'd support the logic. 

22 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

Isnt' he not telling her so that she can continue to do her much needed job without having to tell on them?  I kind of got the impression she'd support the logic. 

That's what I would think if I was a rational person who wasn't so traumatised by all the crazy sh@t that has happened on Arrow! So now I fret I tell you!!!! I fret!!!!!!!

• Love 2

I thought the Arrow season premiere was better than the Flash season premiere by a good country mile. YMMV.

So next week we get to see Felicity on The Flash and Oliver on Legends!

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 6
8 hours ago, BkWurm1 said:

If we all agree to venture over there together, we'll have safety in numbers! 

I'll give it a look over after Felicity actually shows up next week to see what the tone is.  But I'm not holding my breath. 

Though I believe quarks posts over there if anyone wanted to know what the temperament is like now. 

• Love 1

For comparison

Flash premiered down a tenth for S3. 1.4 vs 1.3

Arrow premiered to a 0.7 down big from last season. 1.1 vs 0.7

Although Flash adjusted up in the finals, so it's possible Arrow will as well.

The big question is for next week when all 4 shows will air. Of course its still not an entirely fair comparison since Flash/Arrow will be in their 2nd week. While Supergirl and LoT will have their premiere episodes 

5 hours ago, Chaser said:

That is a huge drop. They have to look at the differences in PR.

I think it might have more to do with it being a fifth season show. Ratings/viewers are generally going to keep declining.

3 minutes ago, Trini said:

I think it might have more to do with it being a fifth season show. Ratings/viewers are generally going to keep declining.

Not really. By the 5th season, shows usually have a dedicated fanbase. Just look at Supernatural

6 hours ago, Delphi said:

I'll give it a look over after Felicity actually shows up next week to see what the tone is.  But I'm not holding my breath. 

Though I believe quarks posts over there if anyone wanted to know what the temperament is like now. 

Way more people  talk way, WAY more about The Flash over here than anyone talks about Arrow over there (good or bad).

The other problem is that many of the posters on the Flash forum dislike and resent Felicity.

I don't think that's true at all.
But disliking and resenting certain characters doesn't seem to be forbidden over here, I don't know why it would be a problem in the Flash forum.

• Love 6
5 minutes ago, wonderwall said:

Not really. By the 5th season, shows usually have a dedicated fanbase. Just look at Supernatural

Supernatural is the exception. That thing is near unkillable.
But are you saying that Arrow's fanbase has bailed?

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, Trini said:

I don't think that's true at all.
But disliking and resenting certain characters doesn't seem to be forbidden over here, I don't know why it would be a problem in the Flash forum.

It definitely used to be true. 

No one is saying that disliking a character is forbidden, but I don't think it's all that difficult to understand why people would want to avoid boards that actively dislike a character that they love (whatever that board/character may be). 

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 10

That is a huge drop. They have to look at the differences in PR.

One has developed bad PR and the other still have good PR with its viewers, there is the difference.

I thought the Arrow season premiere was better than the Flash season premiere by a good country mile. YMMV.

I enjoyed both but Flashpoint > Legacy to me, by a good country mile. YMMV.

Overall a solid premiere week for DCWTV imo.

Edited by DCLeague

Is sarcastic mimicking really necessary to express your disagreement?

You have taken this the wrong way, Im not being sarcastic, I was  just  simply adding on that I for one liked Flashpoint better . As for mimicking your sentence, there is no ill intent here, it was simply paralleling my statement to yours. Just following your lead since you brought the topic up. Im glad there are others that preferred Legacy more than Flashpoint, both shows deserve the praise after starting strongly.

• Love 1

In terms of a number of things, I thought the Arrow premier was better than The Flash's.  it might not have been enough for me but I think Arrow did go back to it's roots, which is Oliver The Killing Machine With A Purpose. Diggle was sorely missnig but the flirtyness was there with Felicity and the dilemma about how to save his city. A decent Big Bad in the present, and really good flashbacks.

The Flash to me seemed a pleasant enough episode but they burned through Flashpoint too fast, and it was the usual Flash "only the men mattert".  And of course the logic for returning time to the previous couldn't even be compared to the holes of Swiss cheese.

In terms of directors though, Glen Winter >>>>> James Bamford.

• Love 7

I find that unless the directing is REALLY bad or extremely good, I don't tend to notice either.  I found moments in both this week where once again it was so dark I couldn't tell who was in the scene (Oliver was almost done with his fight with Anharky before I knew he wasn't a random masked bad guy) but other than that, I have to shrug about both of them. 

• Love 1

Includes clips from two scenes between Oliver Queen and Nate Heywood (Nick Zano)...

DC's Legends of Tomorrow | Nick Zano Interview | The CW
Published on Oct 6, 2016, by The CW Television Network

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2

Hmm.   So I may be more excited for LoT than Arrow.   That's new. 

I really am hoping nothing bad happens to Rip.   He may not be a great Captain, but I love his and Sara's scenes together. 

• Love 9

Who dared to take a crimper to CLs hair! ?

Sorry, never liked that look. Based on the clothing, I'm guessing an 80s trip to the White House?

Please note, i can't watch the vids right now, just looking at the "cover" image showing up.

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 1

I'm not a huge fan of Legends of Tomorrow, but I do think they have done a good job with Sara and she was probably my favourite character across all four shows last season. Although I still probably liked her most during Arrow season two.

From other set pics, it does appear they are in the 80's at one point, that could be a reason for the hair. It also looks like she had a similar hairstyle when she was being seduced by the Queen of France. 

Captain Cold appeared for half second which I liked as well. 

11 minutes ago, Delphi said:

Sara's hair actually changes styles several different times in the video.   I think I counted five.  So I don't exist expect the crimped hair to stick around. 

The image I'm looking at, they in tuxes, Sara is in a pants suit and her hair is crimped. There's also a Marine in Dress Blues in the background (why i thought of White House). Anyway the clothes/hair looks (to me) like late 70s/early 80s