Type keyword(s) to search

Mind Your Surroundings: Arrow, The Flash, Supergirl, Legends of Tomorrow and Other Superhero Universes

ArctisTor
  • Start Topic

1 hour ago, Chaser said:

That was fun. So cheesy but so fun.

Love that Felicity and Diggle made it. OTA representing Arrow. That being said....Thea? Iris? 

I don't know how Iris helps the crime fighting, but I honestly don't care whether Thea is in this. Dig and Felicity deserve spots way before she does. Plus, she went on sabbatical from crime fighting last season and I don't know how else she can contribute aside from physically.

• Love 3

Yeah i could see her being in the panel snarking along with Diggle. However, then you run into complaints, why 2 from Arrow but only 1 from Flash and 1 from Supergirl? 

Basically this breaks down to Masks + Fan Favorites and while Thea is a mask, they had an over abundance of them anyway. 

I can't believe I watched 4 and a half minutes of that. I was fine until they won by holding hands. If only somebody had sung Kumbaya. But it's fine for what it is, really. Too bad none of the people in the tech room posted a selfie from when they were shooting.

It seemed to me to be understandably focused on the two shows with weaker ratings/viewer numbers. So, two Supergirl characters (Kara and Jon'n), two Flash characters (Barry and Cisco), three Arrow characters (Oliver, Felicity and Diggle) and four Legends of Tomorrow characters (Sara, Ray, Stein and Jax), emphasizing either everyone's Cool Powers (the Masks) or jokes (Cisco, Felicity, Jon'n, Diggle.)

I liked it.

• Love 3
16 minutes ago, Starfish35 said:

Stein is half of Firestorm, so if Firestorm is there, Stein is there (even if Victor Garber isn't).

Yes in theory but do we even hear Stein here? And he was shown in the first flight club. 

I mean, to me it was fine, and I enjoyed it. But they could have included Thea, Iris, and Caitlyn. Just like with the first superhero fight club promo, someone got  left out. At least here there are people who really matter, though - and no Ra's al Guhl.

• Love 1

I finally watched it just now, WOW, I love this promo. Everything about it. Kara's excitement is really infectious, and OH MY GOD how instantly more relatable and watchable all of these characters are when there's an underlying tone of self-deprecation going on, and actual FUN happening on screen. Whoever wrote this tiny script, major props for doing that while working around a song. Axl Rose thanks you for your service.

• Love 14

Comedic wise, it was great. Crossover wise, it was nice. Action/plot wise? Boring. 

I know there were complaints last year about leaving people out but I feel like it is an even bigger insult to Diggle now that he has masked up and all he is there for is a funny reaction. Thea was no where to be found which doubly sucks.

• Love 1

Oliver's grumpiness worked so well with Kara and Barry. He really needs that kind of foil, which is why he and Felicity are just so much fun to watch. Well, when they're not being all angsty. And Oliver and Barry sorta ganging up on Ray -- "stop saying teamup!" -- was just hilarious. And yes, Kara's enthusiasm is so infectious, although I got tired of it on the show. But it was perfect here.

• Love 15

Do they have a ship name? #Karry? Anyway, they do have great chemistry and I enjoy watching them but I don't ever want to see them kiss. Hold hands only, LOL! They show more chemistry with each other than any of their LIs, I think. Although Barry was good with Patty, too, IMO.

I just want a scene in the crossover of Kara, Barry and Felicity together being all bouncy, smiley and adorable with grumpy Oliver looking on. I don't care if it's only 30 seconds. I need it. 

• Love 7
22 minutes ago, SmallScreenDiva said:

Do they have a ship name? #Karry? Anyway, they do have great chemistry and I enjoy watching them but I don't ever want to see them kiss. Hold hands only, LOL! They show more chemistry with each other than any of their LIs, I think. Although Barry was good with Patty, too, IMO.

I just want a scene in the crossover of Kara, Barry and Felicity together being all bouncy, smiley and adorable with grumpy Oliver looking on. I don't care if it's only 30 seconds. I need it. 

They probably do, but I like SuperFlash it's basic enough I guess. Though on second thought it could be problematic now since they are bringing in Superman.

• Love 1

The holding hands to defeat the bad was cheesy, but it worked for Star Lord and the rest of the Guardians of the Galaxy so it worked for me here. 

I don't ship Barry with anyone, but I love when he has scenes with Kara. Their enthusiasm is infectious.  

• Love 6
3 hours ago, Primal Slayer said:

95e3cffae6514c9ea16a0cd96d5751e8.png

Stargirl and Obesdian look sooo cheap. 

I expect that the stills look way worse than what we'll see on screen.  That was the way of it in Smallville when they had Stargirl.  I know they used a horridly cheap looking plastic staff, saw it in the BTS but it looked fine in episode. 

my only issue with the costume (besides how cheap it looks) is the same issue I have with Kara's outfit: the damn shorts/skirt!

you are filming in Canada! it is already far colder there than it is where I live in the northeast (if judging by Stephen long sleeves shirts in his videos).

• Love 2

The staff does look cheap and plastic, but for some reason I'm having a harder time with the idea that a woman would be wearing that costume in the 40s.  I mean, I know, comics.  But for some weird reason it's breaking my suspension of disbelief. *shrug* I don't know.  

• Love 2

Youtube full version of Superhero Fight Club 2.0 (4:33 length).  I think that this is tons better than the first one - and not just because it includes the indispensable tech support characters (Felicity, Cisco).  My only complaint is that Diggle was reduced to comic relief and non-action.  Did DC Comics not allow him to be included in the fighting because Spartan isn't a DC comics superhero and has no comics to sell?

ETA: I just realized that Curtis is not in this video. This surprises me.  I can understand if they don't want to spoil his Mr. Terrific costume, but he could've been part of the tech team.

Edited by tv echo

Also Dig, Mick and Rip use "guns". And they don't even have Oliver really shoot an Arrow here. The promo is about character attitude with some fun visual "superhero" fighting. As well as team bonding as they introduce Supergirl. I still wish that Sara was able to be the Canary again and Oliver could wear the first or second suit. Then I would really adore this promo. 

I keep reading some commenters upset because the Villains aren't here while that is one of the reasons I like this one better. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Morrigan2575 said:

Speaking if Oliver. I can't be the only one that actually laughed out loud when the little training ball chewed off the Arrow Head? I had a good chuckle thinkg Felicity was controlling that one ?

I wish there were more moments like that on the actual show, haha.

• Love 1