Type keyword(s) to search

Mind Your Surroundings: Arrow, The Flash, Supergirl, Legends of Tomorrow and Other Superhero Universes

ArctisTor
  • Start Topic

This may be an unpopular opinion but having Barry front and center doesn't bug me. Flash is the highest rated show on the network. He is their MVP. I get it.

I'm just happy with Arrow is included and he isn't shoved behind another character.

LOT is the most awkward thing about the poster. A bunch of supporting character huddled together.

• Love 12

I don't mind Supergirl being in the middle either. She's the only clear female lead so good for her. But the way the legends are grouped on that one makes the thing seem off balance. I feel like the right side is going to tip over.

• Love 4
1 minute ago, Trini said:

Having to put so many of the Legends characters on these makes them so awkward....

They obviously have to add in Sara because she's practically the female lead + she's female and the poster needs some estrogen. Then there's Firestorm who's pretty much only there b/c he's the token PoC. Ray because he's SUPPOSED to be the male lead and is probably the top billed

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, Trini said:

I think Firestorm would have been included anyway because superpowers; I would have switched out Heatwave for Rip Hunter in the bottom one.

I agree with you, but then again, Heatwave has Big Flashy Gun.

• Love 3

Andrew Kreisberg's interview in that SDCC preview for Flash was maddeningly vague. But he made some comment about Tom Felton's character, where he said that they're trying something that's never been done on TV before.

After this Supergirl announcement about a mysterious new series regular, I'm wondering if this has to do with the villains across all four shows tying together somehow.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, tv echo said:

Dear CW PR's internet intern,

I realize you have a thankless job, and that you probably spend money to work at the CW instead of making money, but seriously. At least pretend you are more than one intern.

Best regards,
dtissagirl

• Love 14

Flash being the center doesn't bother me either. He is pulling in the bigger numbers. I also think aesthetically the red center looks nicer when you have so much red coming in from the LoT gang. At least Arrow is still on the poster. :/

(edited)

I don't mind Flash being in the centre either, what bugs me is when Ray is more prominent than Sara. (Which he normally is since Day 1 of promotional materials being released). Why? Sara is more popular, arguably has more links across the Flarrowverse, more of a leader and was a major pulling card to get LoT off the ground when Ray failed to get people interested in his spinoff. (And if she does become BC she'd be a more iconic comics character? (I think the BC is more well known than the Atom?)). I'm tired of seeing Ray stuck in front of her in LoT promotion just because he's male apparently. 

I do like the second poster though.

Edited by TimetravellingBW
  • Love 3

I wonder if now Supergirl is onboard it will change stuff like posters. Before a lot of promotion had Oliver/Barry/Ray (with the LoT crew behind him) together at the front in a kind of three guy trio ensemble. (Testosterone Roxs!) With Supergirl I wonder if Sara will be more prominent to have a more guy/girl/guy/girl line up. They've already kinda done that on the second poster. 

I think if Sara does become Black Canary she'll start getting more prominence in posters like this.  Look at how they threw Laurel onto the posters last year even though there was no good reason for that other that that she was "Black Canary".  

Responding more to something that was said over in the Spoilers thread, but....it's kind of hard to say what the reaction might be to making her BC.  I wonder whether the people that were just upset that they killed the "iconic character" of Black Canary (even if they didn't particularly care about Laurel that much) might be satisfied as long as the Black Canary still lives in some form.  Those that are Laurel/KC fans obviously won't be pleased, but I'm not sure what the reaction might be otherwise. 

• Love 5

There has been a slight increase in support for Sara as Canary since Star city 2046. They liked the Old Oliver and Sara dynamic. I still think there would be a lot of rage. I want her in Black though because Caity looks kick ass in Black if for no other reason. I still think they will just have the new recruits be inspired by Laurel. And keep laurel dead. And I don't think they will use the Canary cry with Evelyn as Artemis. Maybe Sara will get that? I still liked her canary bombs better.

• Love 1

I think people were willing to accept Sara as Black Canary before they killed her for Laurel. Then they made Laurel Because Comics and she had the correct name. That does really show how much they screwed up everything with that character. She didn't work when she wasn't BC and didn't work when she was, now they might go back to the original BC as Sara. 

Or they going to pull a Dinah Drake is the Black Canary and either get Alex Kingston back for a cameo or find a younger actress to play her. 

• Love 1
5 hours ago, ruby24 said:

Andrew Kreisberg's interview in that SDCC preview for Flash was maddeningly vague. But he made some comment about Tom Felton's character, where he said that they're trying something that's never been done on TV before.

After this Supergirl announcement about a mysterious new series regular, I'm wondering if this has to do with the villains across all four shows tying together somehow.

I have the mag and Tom Felton's character is never mentioned.

Speaking of posters... last year's Comic Con DCTV wall banner (?) had all the characters placed fairly equally. This year -- not so much. I'm waiting for a better photo* to pop up, but Flash and Supergirl are the biggest and centered (in that order), and then Green Arrow and the Penguin (Gotham) are the next most prominent. Supergirl and Liv from iZombie are still the only women.  Legends gets 4 characters; ATOM is the biggest, and Firestorm the smallest. Pretty sure none of the photos are new.

*(The one photo I saw is skewed and cropped and fuzzy)

9 hours ago, bijoux said:

Are you talking about this one? Because GA seems to be placed slightly more towards the front than Supergirl.

No -- That one is better with GA's placement. The one I'm talking about is on the floor.

(edited)
17 minutes ago, Soulfire said:

I quite enjoyed that as a promo. Felicity and Arrow was featured nicely and and Supergirl does seem to fit in well with Arrow and Flash. Personally I find it's a better fit than LoT, which I find a little cheesy/awkward when including it in with all the Flarrowverse promo.

Off Topic: now that Supergirl is included, should we call it the FlarrowverseS? Capital S for Supergirl.

Edited by Genki
Farrow multi-verse seems too much.
  • Love 1

I think that's the best promo the CW has done for any of the Arrowverse shows.

Which is to say, I'm sticking with Arrowverse. Other, longer to type names can go up up and away.

• Love 5

Flarrowverses works just fine for me. It incorporates Arrow, Flash & LoT; just add an "s" and we get Supergirl included. I feel no need to capitalize any letter bedsides "F" and that is only because its a proper name.

• Love 3

Here's your first look at Justice League, and...I think I like it? This is the tone I wanted for DC movies other than Batman all along. Not sure how I feel about Bats being the Nick Fury of the group since I've always seen Supes as the one who wanted to bring everyone together and Batman as more standoffish, but this is the first trailer that made me want to see something in the DCCU (including the Wonder Woman trailer also released which I'm okay with but didn't thrill me.) I also liked Ezra Miller waaayyyy more than I thought I would. 

• Love 11
(edited)

If Batman v Superman was more like that trailer is showing it probably wouldn't done better. That at least had some humor in it. The Wonder Woman trailer was okay. Suicide Squad is still the one I can't wait to see. 

Edited by Sakura12

The trailer makes this movie look fun and something to watch. The idea of Batman putting together everyone to me makes sense, but then again I only know movie Batman and he has always been social to a certain degree when it comes to achieving a goal he wants. Plus he has the cash to make it happen.

Ben Affleck is good in it, I think. This is why I was excited he was cast as Batman. I haven't seen BvS yet since it vanished from theaters, but I do think that he has the potential to be a good Batman. I'm also looking forward to the Batman flick he is directing, because I always thinks he does a better job in the films he has multiple roles in, it's almost like the multi-tasking stops him from overthinking his character.

I wonder if it was an overall tone issue with BvS. And as much as I love Henry Cavill, I do wonder at times if his portrayal is just too dark for Superman. I love him in that suit, but it doesn't inspire me to want to see the actual movie for the movie's sake.

• Love 1
(edited)

They also released Wonder Woman Trailer 

And I gonna predict now that it's gonna make more money than BvS did. I hope it be a huge success and mean that both DC and Marvell will see that a female led super-heroine movie- when done right- can be just as good as a male led one.

That being said, I saw the movie poster... and I am very unhappy with the side view, face in the shadow body not, thing.

Edited by foreverevolving
  • Love 3
Just now, Sakura12 said:

At least someone is calling Flash the villain. 

Exact thought I had, but then I also figured, if a villain, and then probably subsequently momentarily-guilty Barry, calls him a villain, does it even really count as calling him out?

1 minute ago, way2interested said:

Exact thought I had, but then I also figured, if a villain, and then probably subsequently momentarily-guilty Barry, calls him a villain, does it even really count as calling him out?

That's my thought. I'm glad someone is calling him out, but it also needs to be done by one of the heroic characters. 

• Love 1
(edited)
5 minutes ago, way2interested said:

Probably not, but at least it's something. They would never let any of the good characters call their precious Barry anything negative. He's the fastest man alive, except for the hundred other speedsters out there. 

Edited by Sakura12
  • Love 2
(edited)

Is it weird that Caitlin (& Wells) are not featured at all? I saw her in 1 group shot around someone in the bed....Wells?

Edited by Genki

So, by the end of the first Flash episode Barry's gonna revert everything, but some pointed small things will be changed across all shows in the "new" reality he creates out of this mess? That spells Flashpoint on a CW budget alright.

But if Diggle's kid changes from Sara to Connor I'm gonna be pissed.

• Love 5