Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E00: Matchmaking Special / S06.E01: Wedding Prep

• Start Topic

I'm not sure I believe Jonathan lost his job because of the show; it could just be a story line. If he did then that's not a great way to start a new marriage with a *stranger*.

Firefighter is irritating; he's a bit off somehow.

Jephtee is looking like a deer in the headlights.

Shawniece has the potential to be interesting, but generally so far the women seem a bit dull.

• Love 6

You are right.  Totally confusing last night.  Then, they threw in Jamie & Doug in the mix.  Someone on the blog threw in a link with the three couples in the wedding clothes after the ceremony.  I felt like I was seeing everything backwards.  

I wished they had showed the weddings too.

I hope Jephtee's mother doesn't end up being like Nate's mother. At least he didn't have another woman's shoes in his trunk or flirt with someone during his bachelor party. Shawniece seems to be an oversharer (her 14 months of celibacy and masturbation comments). I hope she doesn't steamroll Jephtee with her big personality. He seems very reserved.

Ryan's dance moves were so cringe-worthy, especially the dabbing. I can't believe he said that he works 100 hours/week. Maybe he could hire Jonathan to help him with his construction/landlord work. Jaclyn seems sweet but bland so far. Her late boyfriend was really cute and dark-haired, a very different look than Ryan's. I wonder if she will be attracted to him, but it will probably play out like last season with Ashley & Anthony (we thought she wouldn't be attracted to him but she was). 

Jonathan gives off meathead, frat boy vibes. It doesn't seem wise of him to quit his job for this show. It makes me wonder if he's planning to capitalize on his 15 minutes of fame from this show to make money. At least he's telling her in the next episode and not dragging it out like Tom did with his bus news in season 4. And his comment about Jaclyn being manly because she has a larger ring size is ridiculous. Good of Ryan to defend her. Molly seems pretty dull so far other than her threesome comment and her enjoyment of the male stripper grinding up against her at her bachelorette party. Also, it seemed odd to me that she thought she would be married by age 23 and was freaking out that she was still unmarried at the ripe old age of 25!

Edited by Gobears
  • Love 11
1 hour ago, Gobears said:

It doesn't seem wise of him to quit his job for this show. It makes me wonder if he's planning to capitalize on his 15 minutes of fame from this show to make money. At least he's telling her in the next episode and not dragging it out like Tom did with his bus news in season 4. And his comment about Jaclyn being manly because she has a larger ring size is ridiculous. Good of Ryan to defend her. Molly seems pretty dull so far other than her threesome comment and her enjoyment of the male stripper grinding up against her at her bachelorette party. Also, it seemed odd to me that she thought she would be married by age 23 and was freaking out that she was still unmarried at the ripe old age of 25!

I don't think he quit, his firm fired him.  I thought that was an interesting moment because they made it seem as if he was being fired because he would need a leave.  But it made me wonder if his company fired him because they thought it would be bad publicity to have someone on the show given how awful they make most contestants look.  It was pretty brutal.

• Love 6
6 minutes ago, call me ishmael said:

I don't think he quit, his firm fired him.  I thought that was an interesting moment because they made it seem as if he was being fired because he would need a leave.  But it made me wonder if his company fired him because they thought it would be bad publicity to have someone on the show given how awful they make most contestants look.  It was pretty brutal.

I thought that was very interesting because there have been people who the show wanted, but who backed out because of  work.  

Maybe he wanted to put love before work?  I don't know.

• Love 4
On 1/2/2018 at 6:09 PM, Neurochick said:

Wait, did Jonathan say he got fired for doing this show?  Interesting.  

But he has a cat, so it’s all good. 

Basically it was the job or the show. Dumbass picked the show. Love the cat and all its fluff though. LOL 

On 1/2/2018 at 6:55 PM, Soup333 said:

I actually said I was going to give him a chance for this exact reason.  I hope the job issue doesn't become a huge, drawn out thing between the two of them. 

Of course it probably will. Yet really any issues about it should be sent to the "experts" for taking him like that still. I thought his friend said something about him also being an overly emotion guy...or something to that affect. I can't remember the exact words but I had a not so good feeling on it. 

On 1/2/2018 at 6:57 PM, wait.what said:

(Can’t remember all of their names)

finance guy lost his job? His bride and her family appear very sad. When they are together  

I wonder what the schoolteacher’s employer thinks about him appearing on the show? I can’t imagine they would be too happy about it. His bride looks different every time I see her. I think it’s cause she changes her hair all the time. 

The fireman: nice to see his co-workers so supportive, but he kinda seems too nerdy for his match. He seems like the perfect guy on paper: steady job, has several sources of income, seems to have lots of friends. Is it too soon for ?Jackie after losing her boyfriend? 

Well the bride and her family I think are appearing sad because her father isn't there to see this mess going done. Just wait for when they find out she is match with a guy that has no job. LOL 

I wonder about that as well with him and being a teacher. Depending on how he is edited, his family gets edited and the bride it could being negative on his future as a teacher. So far he seems a decent guy. Now her, with all her hair changes it will be like watching her trying to sell wigs and not about her being married to this "stranger". I'm not feeling it with her though. 

I think Jaclyn was matched with him in hopes it will create some issues with her having lost one special man in her life to where she is matched with one that has a life risking job. Its pretty messed up IMO to do that but yet it really figures with this show. 

On 1/2/2018 at 6:59 PM, Adeejay said:

A Ryan was matched with a Jaclyn in Season two, and it didn’t work out.  Seems as though they are going to keep trying until they get it right.

Since the show is a hit, new events are being added to prolong it.  I have a feeling this season is going to end in April.

I hope it doesn't go extra long like the last one but sadly it probably will go past April into June I bet. Which I am not sure though I would call this show a "hit". 

On 1/2/2018 at 8:29 PM, shouldbedancing said:

I really liked that the couples met before the wedding. I hope they keep each other's numbers so they can talk to other people about things besides the aggressive Pastor guy. Why'd they get rid of the sex therapist. That always seems to be the biggest problem. Will they still do the fishbowl of personal questions with the new lady?

She wasn't really a "sex therapist". As it was she was creepy as hell and disgusting to watch as she drooled with this look of hope to get the dirt on the couples sex lives. While I am glad rachel is gone, this lady now is not good either but I wasn't expecting her to be. She was on FYI's other show, Seven Year Switch before this. She did nothing much for that either IMO. She looks like she has had some odd work done to her face too. Always with the duck face look and head is tilted/extended oddly. BTW, I don't think sex is the couples biggest problem. Its this show that is....the producers and "experts" are the biggest problem for them. 

Am I the only one not into these people meeting before or during the show? It comes off very scripted those scenes and talks. It just didn't feel natural at all. Yet I prefer when they didn't know each other until the show was done. I don't want to see these couples mixing it up during the season since it will just come off as more of a scripted feel. 

22 hours ago, SerenityNow721 said:

This was a favorite guilty pleasure sort of show for me,  but I was so disillusioned by last season I'm not sure if I'll be watching. Too much repetition - going over and over why they wanted to be married (at first sight!!) and way too much manufactured drama by way of funky, incoherent editing. I'll keep my eye on the boards and if it looks like the season is more fun than frustrating, maybe I'll catch up on demand. 

This is my probably with it. The scripted bs, the matching for drama, "experts" putting their 2 cents in to hope for making drama between couples, the producers butting in, and the editing to make the shitty person look better then their match and they make the other look like they are the problem with some over the top issues. *sigh* I forgot it was starting last night too. So you can tell how I am feeling on this show at this point. I did ff through a bunch of it since the dvr did catch it but I am just not feeling it. 

13 hours ago, Puppylv110 said:

I thought that the show purchased the rings? WHY in the hell would you spend that kind of $ on a wedding ring for a stranger?????

12 hours ago, humbleopinion said:

About the ring $$, perhaps the grooms were given a budget and Fireman Ryan decided to bust the budget allotted.

Ryan is a full time firefighter, works construction and is a landlord.

No wonder he doesn't have time to date...he stays busy, working over 100 hours/week.

Jonathan was  incredulous that Ryan would bend the rules so early in the show and actually spend his own money on top of show money for the wedding band.

Jon's joblessness seems to be his story line for the season....his pride may be the undoing of the marriage.

Jon is right, lack of job does make a poor first impression, but on the bright side he has plenty of time to devote to Molly.

Maybe Firefighter Ryan can give him a job....

I think they were full of it on the ring thing. The show pays for that but they wanted to make it come off a certain way. It was super scripted. 

I was trying to figure out why Ryan things this is a great thing to do if he has so much going on in his life? Where is the time for a wife? If he couldn't find it for dating then how would he find it for a wife and family?

Johnathan and his no job now....I am sure he is hoping it will come off looking like he picked her over the job and she will just feel so special for it. *rollseyes* Which I know it won't go this way probably but she should be pissed for being matched with a guy that doesn't have a job now. 

7 hours ago, amcfar said:

The experts love stating how “real and legally binding” these marriages are; at the same time, they also love referring to said marriages as “experiments.” Kind of contradictory, no?

Of course it is...look who is saying it though. Heck it makes me sick any time pepper chimes in on marriage. IMO I don't want someone EVER giving me advice on marriage/relationships that can't handle their own or walks out on it to go sleeping around (to put it nicely). Yet I know each one is there just for their own self and getting in their tv time. 

4 hours ago, Mercolleen said:

They just had an ad for the wedding ep during the casting special. Showing all of the people who were cast. So I guess I can go on the boards without any spoiler worries!

The pics were out before the season even aired for each couple from their wedding days. I don't remember that in the past happening but could be wrong. I know I felt it was stupid and then made no sense to do a matchmaking episode because the matches were already given away in articles online. Yet I guess the "experts" *gag* need at least one episode to revolve around them some. 

3 hours ago, gonecrackers said:

I'm not sure I believe Jonathan lost his job because of the show; it could just be a story line. If he did then that's not a great way to start a new marriage with a *stranger*.

Shawniece has the potential to be interesting, but generally so far the women seem a bit dull.

Yep Jephtee sure did look that way. Yet that was different from how he was over acting in the park when he found out. Who knows on the job thing since we have seen ones back out in the past because they picked job over the show....aka the smart option. LOL

1 hour ago, call me ishmael said:

He said something like how it was said to him if he did the show he wouldn't have a job. I didn't take it as he was fired but more of a he quit then to do the show since he was told it was the job or the show. He made the choice to leave the job for this disaster. Which was stupid IMO. 

1 hour ago, Neurochick said:

I thought that was very interesting because there have been people who the show wanted, but who backed out because of  work.  

I'm guessing he probably will hope she looks at it as he was putting himself all into this because he gave up his job for "finding love". *rollseyes* I am with you though that it was interesting because we have seen the "experts" say someone had backed out over their job. I'm in the line of thinking that he picked the show because he has hopes of more then his 15 mins of fame to come from it....which good luck there buddy if that is the case. 

Edited by Evil Queen
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, Gobears said:

Also, it seemed odd to me that she thought she would be married by age 23 and was freaking out that she was still unmarried at the ripe old age of 25!

Some of the women on this show have a weird obsession with being a wife. WIFE, I tell you! Any old guy will do as long as they can tell people they're married.

Shawniece mentioned her excitement at being a WIFE a couple of times. Through her emotional tears.

This may be the prettiest cast we've ever had; it makes me wonder what relationship-ruining personality flaws are going to come up. I'm looking forward to finding out.

Edited by 2727
  • Love 7
3 hours ago, LennieBriscoe said:

They did? I saw the women meet each other, and the men meet each other, but I didn't see any couples meet other couples. Nor did I see individual grooms meet their brides.

No just the women meet each other and the men meet each other. They did not all meet together. Yet I thought Jaclyn said her husband to be's name during the bachelorette party so were they told the names ahead of time and I missed it? 

Edited by Evil Queen

There is something really off about the fire fighter’s personality. There’s just something weird about him.  It’s not sinister; it’s just odd. I can’t really put my finger on it but I’ll be watching to see how it reveals itself over the course of the season.

Edited by PityFree
  • Love 10
19 minutes ago, PityFree said:

There is something really off about the fire fighterkspersonality. There’s just something weird about him.  It’s not sinister; it’s just odd. I can’t really put my finger on it but I’ll be watching to see how it reveals itself over the course of the season.

He isn't the only one though. I see something off in a few of them but its one of those let's see what comes up as the shows go on deal. 

• Love 3

These three "experts" with all their degrees and fancy schools.  I haven't heard anything yet that would benefit these couples now and before.  They speak the same crap every year that any dummy already knows.  A good friend could give better advice.  They match up couples who have the same things in common.  Apparently, it hasn't been working.  I know couples who have opposite interests and different backgrounds that get along just fine and stay married.  And, what the hell is Pepper doing peeking in people's closets, drawers and refrigerators?  What is that supposed to prove?  These are single people who live and eat differently.  How many times has she been married and divorced, the voice of reason.   What does she have in her drawers and refrigerator?  

• Love 8

Henley face after the ear piercing look like she wanted to kick some a$&!   It give me life when they panned to her face after Doug said all her friends were going to be jealous.

Just now, shannew said:

Henley face after the ear piercing look like she wanted to kick some a$&!   It give me life when they panned to her face after Doug said all her friends were going to be jealous.

Opps wrong forum

16 hours ago, PityFree said:

Oh. Great.  Now with everything else we women have to worry about being judged for, we have to worry about our ring sizes being judged. Guess what, Unemployed Guy? I’m judging you to be an idiot for giving up your job to be on a cheesy reality show. 

16 hours ago, humbleopinion said:

Jaclyn may have man hands but she managed to stay employed while on the show... Jon...

Mr. Adventure is emotionally shaky without work...hopefully he job hunts during the 8 weeks and we see him unable to get any offers...Molly will see how weak he is...

Justified revenge for making fun of another man's fiance's thick fingers....

Broke the bro code...no ridiculing another man's fiance...

What the hell was wrong with guy that he is making fun of the ring size on national tv?  He really does seem like a frat boy meathead, but I guess the experts would call that his "lust for life".

13 hours ago, gonecrackers said:

12 hours ago, Gobears said:

I wished they had showed the weddings too.

I hope Jephtee's mother doesn't end up being like Nate's mother. At least he didn't have another woman's shoes in his trunk or flirt with someone during his bachelor party. Shawniece seems to be an oversharer (her 14 months of celibacy and masturbation comments). I hope she doesn't steamroll Jephtee with her big personality. He seems very reserved.

Ryan's dance moves were so cringe-worthy, especially the dabbing. I can't believe he said that he works 100 hours/week. Maybe he could hire Jonathan to help him with his construction/landlord work. Jaclyn seems sweet but bland so far. Her late boyfriend was really cute and dark-haired, a very different look than Ryan's. I wonder if she will be attracted to him, but it will probably play out like last season with Ashley & Anthony (we thought she wouldn't be attracted to him but she was). 

Jonathan gives off meathead, frat boy vibes. It doesn't seem wise of him to quit his job for this show. It makes me wonder if he's planning to capitalize on his 15 minutes of fame from this show to make money. At least he's telling her in the next episode and not dragging it out like Tom did with his bus news in season 4. And his comment about Jaclyn being manly because she has a larger ring size is ridiculous. Good of Ryan to defend her. Molly seems pretty dull so far other than her threesome comment and her enjoyment of the male stripper grinding up against her at her bachelorette party. Also, it seemed odd to me that she thought she would be married by age 23 and was freaking out that she was still unmarried at the ripe old age of 25!

11 hours ago, call me ishmael said:

10 hours ago, PityFree said:

There is something really off about the fire fighterkspersonality. There’s just something weird about him.  It’s not sinister; it’s just odd. I can’t really put my finger on it but I’ll be watching to see how it reveals itself over the course of the season.

I'm going to guess that Jonathan is really hoping that the reality tv gig is going to pay off and he probably was not that into his old job.  He gave up his career for love...of d-list reality show fame. 

• Love 8
13 hours ago, gonecrackers said:

I'm not sure I believe Jonathan lost his job because of the show; it could just be a story line.

A friend's son worked for a large insurance carrier and his employer would not permit him/his fiancee to be on the "House Hunters" show -- and that program has MUCH less potential for secondhand embarrassment for the company due to behavior, utterances, etc. than this one does. 

• Love 4
13 hours ago, Gobears said:

Jaclyn seems sweet but bland so far. Her late boyfriend was really cute and dark-haired

Considering her sad history of losing a partner, I thought it was a little crazy/sadistic of the 'experts' to first consider matching her up with the guy who had survived cancer (wouldn't she always be worried about remission and maybe unconsciously 'hold back' a bit? I confess that I might!) and then marry her off to a firefighter -- a high-risk job.

12 hours ago, call me ishmael said:

But it made me wonder if his company fired him because they thought it would be bad publicity to have someone on the show given how awful they make most contestants look. 

I think it's exactly this, especially if he's in a customer-facing role like in sales or account management.

• Love 8
11 hours ago, Evil Queen said:

I think Jaclyn was matched with him in hopes it will create some issues with her having lost one special man in her life to where she is matched with one that has a life risking job. Its pretty messed up IMO to do that but yet it really figures with this show. 

I thought the exact same thing. Why didn't the 'experts' think of this? If they didn't, duh. If they did and made the match despite her history, they suck even more than I thought (as in not just incompetent, but evil).

• Love 4

Jaclyn potentially matched with a survivor of cancer seemed too psychologically messed up(even for M@FS)...hey, Dr. Jessica, trauma relationship specialist, why would you let the producers even propose such a thing on TV...

I'm warming up to Ryan being a good paring with Jaclyn...she is more fragile and he can help her heal from her loss.

He seems to be all in, confident in himself(too confident...his dancing...)has no money worries...shades of Anthony D'Amico...

On the hand, Jon may not be the guy for Molly since she and her mom and sisters are looking for a strong male to fill the hole left by her father.

Jon is being edited as self absorbed and shallow(he will never get to live down dissing Jaclyn's thick ring finger size to Ryan ), adrenaline junkie in arrested adolescence who has his big boy toys and a temperamental cat but not much else.

Jepthe, is overshadowed by his disapproving momma and his big personality fiance, Shawniece.

Seems he will gladly give the 2 main women in his life center stage as the M@FS producer pry comments from him.

Thinking his students just love him....

• Love 5

Dr. Jessica is doing her job well - she is being paid to set people up for trauma.

Any self respecting actual trauma professional would not be involved in reality TV.

Jonathan choosing love instead of his job is not impressive. They now have to start off on one income - hers. I suppose he didn't consider the stress this would cause & that she was not consulted on being their only breadwinner, even for a while. Oh well, new stranger wifey!

Jephtee's mom watched unsupportive mom scenes carefully last season.

So the new 'chocolate' is Shawniece's love for mas-tər-ˈbā-shən... good luck competing with that, Jephtee.

• Love 2

Question:

I don't understand when someone says that a person seems "off." What does that mean really?  Isn't everybody kind of "off" to somebody else?  If I think someone is off, I just assume that's because I have my own ideas as to what is "normal" and "acceptable."  

• Love 5

Personally, I like quirky, & the season has only just started. It's the first couple of shows & I've found him annoying, maybe because he seems to be trying too hard, or maybe he's nervous in front of the cameras. I am interested in how he presents himself & behaves as the season progresses.

• Love 2
21 hours ago, PityFree said:

Oh. Great.  Now with everything else we women have to worry about being judged for, we have to worry about our ring sizes being judged. Guess what, Unemployed Guy? I’m judging you to be an idiot for giving up your job to be on a cheesy reality show. 

He was fired. Unless you mean that he accepted being fired in order to be on reality tv. I just thought I would point out that he did not quit his job and was forced into choosing between "be on tv and be fired" or "don't be on tv and continue working here".

16 hours ago, Neurochick said:

This is what he said.

• Love 2

I respect the people who ditched the show to keep their jobs, not him.

Jonathan was fired, because he decided to do the show, therefore to me it was his choice & he did give up his job. He says he 'put love before work', however, it's at the expense of his new stranger bride, who now has to support both of them, at least for a while. She also had no choice in the matter.  Would he have given up his job without some unsuspecting moron waiting in the wings with a paycheck? Mmmmm... doubtful. It was stupid & thoughtless of him.

And he dissed the other guy's fiance... so far IMO he's coming off as a total schmuck.

We'll see how this one goes.

• Love 9

Light Googling...like Jaclyn even more now...

Jaclyn, a 29-year-old teacher turned sales representative.

Spoilers on her Twit so tread if you dare.

M@FS producers reached out to her through okCupid.

Her SM is mostly education issues, you know that is her passion.

Can't find if Ryan has any SM footprint.

He looks like his dad.

No M@FS Twitter handles with cast names this season...

11 minutes ago, humbleopinion said:

Serious lack of fame whores in the cast this season.....dang it...

I think it's too early to say. Shawniece could start hawking her wigs and maybe Jonathan will start selling T-shirts. Heck, I'd be shocked if no one sells T-shirts this season, a first since season 3.

• Love 4
39 minutes ago, humbleopinion said:

It will be difficult to top Nick, Sonya or Jamie...for most whorish for fame....

Don't forget Jessica selling her "Team Castro" gear and pursuing acting as well as Derek with his podcast and blogs for Kinetic Content. He really wants to be on Second Chances. And David straight up hosted a New Year's Eve event  and promoted it using the MAFS hashtag all over Instagram.

Edited by Gobears

I'll ask again:

When ON THE SHOW did the men meet the women before the weddings?

I thought I watched the entire evening's worth of episodes.

FYI: There is a separate thread for all SM/Twitter references, Spoilers, etc. Why yes, I'm a curmudgeon. 

Edited by LennieBriscoe
  • Love 1
11 minutes ago, LennieBriscoe said:

I'll ask again:

FYI: There is a separate thread for all SM/Twitter references, Spoilers, etc. Why yes, I'm a curmudgeon. 

11 minutes ago, LennieBriscoe said:

I'll ask again:

They didn't .. As far as I saw.  I dvr'd the whole hour and watched again today.  The girls all met each other in the jewelry store and bought the grooms rings.  The guys also met at the jewelry store to pick out the girls rings, then went for a few drinks at a bar or restaurant.   They saw each other in their wedding garb on the day of their wedding in a snippet of next weeks show.  Never did they meet before the wedding as far as I saw.  This whole segment was totally screwed up.

• Love 2

Few reminders-

PTV is a politics free zone.  Posts have been removed. 

Also, social media and other spoilers belong in their own topic- not the episode threads.  

Thanks in advance. 

11 hours ago, ChiBurbsMama said:

I thought the exact same thing. Why didn't the 'experts' think of this? If they didn't, duh. If they did and made the match despite her history, they suck even more than I thought (as in not just incompetent, but evil).

The fact is the "experts" could just be nothing more then puppets of the show, kwim? More so since it seems no matter who is an "expert" we hear the same things said each since with no change at all to it. Its a wash, rinse, repeat script for them so to speak. LOL Yet no matter who is really picking the cast for the show and matching, its all being done for "drama" factor and nothing more. IMO it gets more and more disturbing with each season. 

6 hours ago, humbleopinion said:

Light Googling...like Jaclyn even more now...

Jaclyn, a 29-year-old teacher turned sales representative.

Spoilers on her Twit so tread if you dare.

M@FS producers reached out to her through okCupid.

Her SM is mostly education issues, you know that is her passion.

Can't find if Ryan has any SM footprint.

He looks like his dad.

No M@FS Twitter handles with cast names this season...

Interesting, I know I heard they were looking for people to cast from that site. There was a link I saw from someone on this too and letting it out of the bag that they were being looked at for this show. As well as they had contacted the person they were talking to off that site. I had assumed they were using the site as rachel *gag* was promoting it on SM for finding herself someone. So it said to me that MAFS and okCupid have a little something going...which probably was to help fill in the cast. 

5 hours ago, humbleopinion said:

Serious lack of fame whores in the cast this season.....dang it...

I don't think there is. Seems we have one ready to sell wigs and I bet will have a new one on as many times as she can. I take it the one was so willing to give his job up because he also assumes he will get something more from this show then what he would from being in fiance. *rollseyes* Who knows on the other ones just yet but I am not putting anything past any of them in being a fame whore in some way. 

2 hours ago, LennieBriscoe said:

I'll ask again:

Like Gem10 said they did NOT meet before the weddings. It was just the women meeting up together and the men doing the same for the lame scenes of ring shopping and drinks. I wanted to know though if the one had said her spouse to be's name though during the bachelorette party because I thought she did but don't remember hearing them told the names of their would be spouses. Yet I wasn't fully paying attention either. 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Evil Queen said:

I wanted to know though if the one had said her spouse to be's name though during the bachelorette party because I thought she did but don't remember hearing them told the names of their would be spouses. Yet I wasn't fully paying attention either. 

I think she did because her friends at the wedding commented on it.

Thank you for restoring my sanity, Gem 10 and Evil Queen.

I don't see Jobless Jonathan staying married. For one thing, the obvious. He chose "love" over employment? Only because the show must pay better. And when he sees how others have parlayed one Reality Show appearance into a career....Visions of "Dancing with the Stars" might be in his eyes!

For another thing, the preview showed him laughing with a bridesmaid, while not looking at his just-met wife---who is not laughing. 

Fireman Ryan might give it the old college try, but I'm wondering if Cute Bride won't be Sex-ay Enough At First Sight for him (Cheap Jonathan planted the "Fat and Manly" seed).

Teacher Jephte (Is that "Jefftee," "Jeffy," or did I hear "Jesse"?) with the Standard Issue Disapproving Mother might be too reserved for his spouse Shawniece, who specializes in TMI. 

Looking forward to the season!

But I am NOT happy with the program for releasing post-wedding photos before airing the ceremony episode!! I mean, seriously? It rather makes irrelevant for us viewers the initial surprise of the celebrants.  

Edited by LennieBriscoe
  • Love 5

Yeah she said Ryan, & it reminded me of Anthony with his 'A'. I always thought they at least knew each other prior & these two might have as well.

I think they posted post-wedding photos of the couples in the last season as it was getting started, but maybe I'm remembering incorrectly. I wasn't phased by it.

I believe his name is Jephte. Shawniece will be a handful; just like dear old mom.

• Love 1

Maybe I'm the only one, but I thought it was totally inappropriate for the experts to consider Jaclyn AT ALL when she only lost a significant other a year and a half ago to death. That seems like a choice made simply for drama and to increase viewership.  Sorry, but it takes a long time to get over losing someone due to illness/death and she is young enough that she does not need to be rushed into a forced relationship/marriage at this point. And the fact that the show sought her out- even more underhanded to me. She should have been one of the first candidates to be in the "nope" pile.

My other impression was that these people all act as if they are dottering old spinsters/singletons with their talk about "I am SO READY to get married and settle down! " They're in their twenties, for Pete's sake!  And also the comments about "I'm so over the dating scene here in Boston. I can't find anybody." OK, in a city of over half a million people, you just know that there is no one remaining that meets your specifications.  

• Love 10
1 hour ago, KateHearts said:

Maybe I'm the only one, but I thought it was totally inappropriate for the experts to consider Jaclyn AT ALL when she only lost a significant other a year and a half ago to death. That seems like a choice made simply for drama and to increase viewership.  Sorry, but it takes a long time to get over losing someone due to illness/death and she is young enough that she does not need to be rushed into a forced relationship/marriage at this point. And the fact that the show sought her out- even more underhanded to me. She should have been one of the first candidates to be in the "nope" pile.

My other impression was that these people all act as if they are dottering old spinsters/singletons with their talk about "I am SO READY to get married and settle down! " They're in their twenties, for Pete's sake!  And also the comments about "I'm so over the dating scene here in Boston. I can't find anybody." OK, in a city of over half a million people, you just know that there is no one remaining that meets your specifications. 

22 hours ago, gonecrackers said:

I respect the people who ditched the show to keep their jobs, not him.

Jonathan was fired, because he decided to do the show, therefore to me it was his choice & he did give up his job. He says he 'put love before work', however, it's at the expense of his new stranger bride, who now has to support both of them, at least for a while. She also had no choice in the matter.  Would he have given up his job without some unsuspecting moron waiting in the wings with a paycheck? Mmmmm... doubtful. It was stupid & thoughtless of him.

And he dissed the other guy's fiance... so far IMO he's coming off as a total schmuck.

We'll see how this one goes.

I can see where you're coming from. You make good points. However, we don't know how much money he might have squirreled away that enables him to make this choice, which means there's no way to really gauge (yet) how much he's going to be leaning on his new wife for financial assistance. It could be that he won't struggle to get a new job in his field and so giving up the one he had wasn't such a big deal either. I'm inclined to suspend judgment until enough information is revealed to indicate how much forethought and planning he invested in this venture. If it turns out he decided to shotgun it, then I'll pile on.

As for the remark he made about the other guy's fiance ... yeah, that wasn't a good move on his part.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, MrSmith said:

I can see where you're coming from. You make good points. However, we don't know how much money he might have squirreled away that enables him to make this choice, which means there's no way to really gauge (yet) how much he's going to be leaning on his new wife for financial assistance. It could be that he won't struggle to get a new job in his field and so giving up the one he had wasn't such a big deal either. I'm inclined to suspend judgment until enough information is revealed to indicate how much forethought and planning he invested in this venture. If it turns out he decided to shotgun it, then I'll pile on.

As for the remark he made about the other guy's fiance ... yeah, that wasn't a good move on his part.

Absolutely .. I agree.  Innocent until proven guilty.

• Love 1

Long time (3 year) reader/first time posting.

I think the program will have Jonathan and Molly have issues with; his lack of employment, his best friend being a woman, and their will be some adjustment to the cat.  

I enjoy the show, even though I'm older than the average viewer, and enjoy this site.

• Love 13
3 hours ago, Gem 10 said:

Absolutely .. I agree.  Innocent until proven guilty.

Over at the Reddit forum, someone who knows one of the participants is claiming that Jephte and Jonathan only started taking shots at Ryan's bride-to-be's ring size because he was bragging about how much money he made after learning that Jephte was a teacher and that Jonathan was unemployed. Basically, it was a dick measuring contest and reflects very well on the maturity of the three men. It's just hearsay but I think it gives some context to why J & J would suddenly start to take shots at Ryan.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Gobears said:

... [Ryan] was bragging about how much money he made after learning that Jephte was a teacher and that Jonathan was unemployed.

He makes money because he works two jobs 100 hours a week, for crissake. Also? $2300 is not that much to spend on a wedding ring!

Okay, it's a lot for a stranger, but we're supposed to buy in that the cast members TRULY BELIEVE their relationships are going to last a lifetime.

I'll be paying special attention during the episode where the couples discuss finances. Either Ryan's income will decrease considerably because he no longer has time for two jobs, or he and Jaclyn will spend very little time together as he's off working. (My ideal marital arrangement, btw.)

• Love 8
8 minutes ago, 2727 said:

He makes money because he works two jobs 100 hours a week, for crissake. Also? $2300 is not that much to spend on a wedding ring!

Okay, it's a lot for a stranger, but we're supposed to buy in that the cast members TRULY BELIEVE their relationships are going to last a lifetime.

I'll be paying special attention during the episode where the couples discuss finances. Either Ryan's income will decrease considerably because he no longer has time for two jobs, or he and Jaclyn will spend very little time together as he's off working. (My ideal marital arrangement, btw.)

Right.  Everyone is so concerned about the Firemans salaries.  Being single, he can work plenty overtime and make a bundle.  Nothing wrong with that.    Then, he owns apts I think they said (smart move) and owns or does construction.   He's single so he can do these things.    And, $2300 is not that much for a wedding band.  I opted for a humdinger diamond wedding band instead of an engagement ring.  My decision.   Looks like Ryan is financially savy and a planner.  Now, watch they don't make it, ha ha.

• Love 1

Jon:  (Champagne cork popping) Cheers to us!

Our first toast to each other as husband and wife.

What a beautiful wedding.

By the way,  I am currently unemployed.

Molly: Cheers!...What was that last part?

Jon: I have no job.

Don't worry, wife... I got unemployment checks coming...(murmuring to self) nagging already, geez.....

Molly: You mean the producers of this show matched me with a husband with no job knowing that when my father died we had no money and my mom and sisters and I got evicted from our home...

I feel ill.

Jon: No worries, you are wearing a thousand dollars on your ring finger...enough to float us until I get a job.

Molly: But it is mine.

Jon: Nope, it is ours.

Now let's go chow down so I don't have to take you out later.....

• Love 7