Type keyword(s) to search

SuperNormal: Public Appearances, Tweets, Media And Other Social Media Of The SPN Cast

• Start Topic

Moving to the Awards thread :)
55 minutes ago, sarvenaz said:

We're in the lead for the MTV chart awards for both Jensen and Supernatural. We may win! So proud ^^

It's not fair to put us in against GoT and TWD. We're gonna get slaughtered LOL

Edited by catrox14
On 9/25/2017 at 0:19 AM, catrox14 said:

Jensen talks about a fan encounter. This is great.

And this is the fan....  I know I saw the actual tweet/instagram of the guy with his own caption, but I can't seem to find it now. It said something like: his friends call him Jay, too, and I think we're besties now (very much paraphrased, lol).

ETA: found the original tweet with the fan-boy's side of it:
Edited by gonzosgirrl
  • Love 3

I have a question, as one who's very tempted to spend a LOT of money travelling to a con one day - are all the questions as stupid as the ones asked at the NJ Con this week?  Plus, I'm not a "whooper" - does that get really annoying after a while?

6 hours ago, ukgirl71 said:

I have a question, as one who's very tempted to spend a LOT of money travelling to a con one day - are all the questions as stupid as the ones asked at the NJ Con this week?  Plus, I'm not a "whooper" - does that get really annoying after a while?

I'm far from an expert, but I've been to four cons now, 2x Toronto and 2x Vegas, and I can say that in my opinion, sadly, too many of the questions are either a) too personal, despite the many, MANY requests not to overshare, or b) repetitious (favourite prank, most difficult scene, favourite villain (hint: Jared will always say Ruby, lol). I try to accept that maybe not every fan has watched multitudes of con videos and therefore doesn't know they are asking questions that have been asked a million times, but it is frustrating, especially with the Js, who really only get to a few questions each panel. As for the whoops, as annoying as it probably sounds on video, when you're there and part of the excitement, you ( I ) tend to get caught up in it. And all that said, I'm still glad I went, each and every time. I enjoy all the panels (haven't missed one yet). Even the actors I'm not wild about generally have at least something interesting to say.

All that said, I'm going to the Toronto con again in two weeks, and I'm fairly certain it will be my last - the prices have become outrageous and I'm spoiled/selfish enough that I don't want to go and sit in the back. I have my one J2 sandwich photo (from my first con) and my one Jensen solo (from my last) and that is enough for me. I read that the J2 photo in 2018 is up to $400 USD. That's just... wow.

6 hours ago, ukgirl71 said:

are all the questions as stupid as the ones asked at the NJ Con this week

Questions are becoming more and more stupid and repetitious.  Fortunately the guys always find ways to respond in an entertaining and amusing way.  And that's talent in my book!

4 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

I'm going to the Toronto con again in two weeks,

Are you going to ask a question?  Hope so.  :)

3 minutes ago, Pondlass1 said:

Are you going to ask a question?  Hope so.  :)

The question line-up for J2 is a lottery now (has been for a while). You put your name in the box and a 1/2 hour or so before the panel, they draw 20 (I think) names, and you can line up in order. And you need to show ID, lol. The Gold panel is random, but I've put my hand up at each of the four and never been chosen. I'll try again though :)

• Love 3
14 hours ago, ukgirl71 said:

My daughter has gone to every Chicago con since the beginning - except for this year. I attended most with her. Yes, the questions are very unimaginative, repetitive, and many attempts are made to tell a sad story in the hopes of getting a hug from one of the guys. The con-goers are getting younger and louder with much "whooping" as you pointed out. This didn't occur in the earlier years. The prices finally got so high that my daughter decided to call it a day. BUT...if you want to see the guys in person, feel the excitement first-hand (as I have), get a photo, and with some luck, a song from Jensen, then decide - I'm spending a LOT of money; am I worth it? The answer is always YES! ;)

• Love 1
15 hours ago, ukgirl71 said:

26 minutes ago, FlickChick said:

BUT...if you want to see the guys in person, feel the excitement first-hand (as I have), get a photo, and with some luck, a song from Jensen, then decide - I'm spending a LOT of money; am I worth it? The answer is always YES! ;)

I'd say it's worth it to go once, just to experience everything @FlickChick says here.  Definitely spring for the photo--it's something very personal that you can remember and look for years--much better (IMO) than just an autograph.  And you actually get to *touch* the stars!...politely, of course. :) 

Mostly it depends on what you want to get out of it.  I went alone, so I had no one to share things with.  I was older than just about everyone there, so I felt shy, way out of place (and a bit silly) so I didn't really talk to anyone or make any new SPN friends.  There were no gold (or silver) seats available so I missed the gold panel and wound up in copper waaaay out in left field, even though it was only about 6 rows back, where I could only actually see the stage from the giant screen that was right in front of me, and not as good quality as a YouTube video.  The questions were pretty annoying/frustrating, because frankly there was nothing that I hadn't heard them answer before (sometimes many times).  (I think the gold panel gets much more interesting/varied questions.)  The whooping did get a little annoying, mostly because it cut down on the amount of time the boys had to answer questions.  Jensen didn't show for the Saturday night concert (or sing at all), so I was bummed at that, and the concert was so loud it gave me a headache (I'm an old lady librarian, after all!)  

But I did get to bask in the fact that they were *right there*, the other panels were all interesting, there was definitely a high level of enthusiasm, and I did have a photo op with Jensen (and made him laugh, which was pretty good.)  So on the whole, I'm glad I went.  And no--I probably wouldn't go again, unless I luck into front-row gold seats with a private meet'n'greet.  

• Love 2
2 hours ago, catrox14 said:

Interesting.

I wonder why he's on? I've seen spec it's about the brewery, but that seems odd. In any case, good for him! But damn, I'm torn. I admire Jensen so much, but there is no celeb I loathe more than Ripa. I have to mute the tv even for her commercials. Ugh.

4 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

I wonder why he's on? I've seen spec it's about the brewery, but that seems odd. In any case, good for him! But damn, I'm torn. I admire Jensen so much, but there is no celeb I loathe more than Ripa. I have to mute the tv even for her commercials. Ugh.

Well, I think we can eliminate a pregnancy announcement LOL. I think....

• Love 1
54 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

Well, I think we can eliminate a pregnancy announcement LOL. I think....

I guess it's too much to hope for that he's taking a leave from SPN to make a movie? Kidding. Kinda.

I wonder if it's about the fund-raising effort. Danneel and The Family Beer Business tweeted about trying to help Puerto Rico today.

• Love 1
40 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

I guess it's too much to hope for that he's taking a leave from SPN to make a movie? Kidding. Kinda.

I wonder if it's about the fund-raising effort. Danneel and The Family Beer Business tweeted about trying to help Puerto Rico today.

I don't think he would announce on Kelly's show, would he?

Jared was on last May.  I presume Jensen is on this fall for the new season and likely to talk about the fund raiser.  He was so personally jazzed by the 'Stronger than the Storm' response, I'd be shocked if he didn't mention it.  And then there's the brewery.  But... here's the question-- is he being flown out by Warner Brothers, the CW, Kelly & Ruan, or his own Nickles?   The brewery really doesn't need national advertising.  It's just a local operation.  So, my guess is fundraiser and/or new season. 

• Love 4

Wasn`t Jared`s appearance to promote The Gilmore Girls reunion? It ended up more as a baby announcement but, well, I`ll put that down to Chico.

Equally, I don`t think Jensen`s appearance is primarely SPN promotion. So my guess would be an outside project, in this case, the fundraiser.   

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, Aeryn13 said:

Wasn`t Jared`s appearance to promote The Gilmore Girls reunion? It ended up more as a baby announcement but, well, I`ll put that down to Chico.

Equally, I don`t think Jensen`s appearance is primarely SPN promotion. So my guess would be an outside project, in this case, the fundraiser.   

Have they ever got pre-season appearances for the show before? I have only been around 'live' since S10 but I haven't seen YouTubes or mentions of talk show appearances.  

1 hour ago, gonzosgirrl said:

Have they ever got pre-season appearances for the show before? I have only been around 'live' since S10 but I haven't seen YouTubes or mentions of talk show appearances.  

Not that I can recall. The only time I remember either of them doing talk shows previously--other than Jared's appearance last year for Gilmore Girls--was back when Jensen was promoting My Bloody Valentine

I'm assuming the appearance is more due to "Stronger than the Storms" than anything--it's timely and made the national news cycle--but I also think the attention they got from the EW cover last year surprised everyone and it seems to me they've been seen out more lately. I mean, they've never done the full circuit at Comic Con before either. 

• Love 3

Some minor spoilers for s13 re the Rift and the AU.

http://ew.com/tv/2017/09/29/supernatural-cast-breaks-down-the-moments-that-changed-show/amp/

Special Edition of EW: The Ultimate Guide To SUPERNATURAL.

Seems kind of like a big deal. 

Highlighting the tidbits I found interesting. tspn_cov.jpg?w=2700

PADALECKI “Houses of the Holy” was the first time we ever talked about angels on Supernatural. [Jensen] and I both were like, “Whatever your religious beliefs, whatever ours, we’re not here to proselytize. We’re here to make a serialized television show, but we want it to be universal.” So we actually had a conference call with Eric Kripke, and we were like, “Hey, man, we don’t know how we feel about this.”
ACKLES We didn’t want to be a mouthpiece for writers’ religious views, because it wasn’t the show that we had signed up for. Our argument was: “We trust you. You’ve done good by us so far. However, this is our one concern, and we’re just bringing it to the table so that we can discuss it.”

PADALECKI And they heard us out, and I think that’s why they waited another year and a half before introducing our second and most famous angel. I think it’s the one time we’ve ever called them together with a complaint. Because I’m not a writer. I don’t want to be a writer. I enjoy my job as an actor. But that was legitimately like, “Listen, if you’re going here about religion, I don’t want to be a part of it.”
MISHA COLLINS And now amazingly, 11 years later, so much of the show has been hung on biblical lore and mythology that is actually drawn from the Bible. One interesting thing for us is that we end up talking along the way to priests and pastors and ministers, or even nuns, who love the show.
ACKLES [To Collins] You and I went to the Vatican. We went in St. Peter’s Basilica, and there was a priest there from South Carolina. He was a fan of the show, and he did a private mass for us in front of the mural of Michael slaying Lucifer. He goes, “I thought this would be appropriate for you guys.”
COLLINS That was pretty magical.

ACKLES It was amazing, but my point being that we’re in one of the most religious places on earth, and they’re catering to people from a show that deals with religiously inspired storylines.
PADALECKI But not telling the story that the Bible tells.
ACKLES That’s the out. That’s where we get a pass is that we’re not trying to tell the story of the Bible. The writers take inspiration from biblical elements and then elaborate on them. So when we got into that original discussion, Eric came back with: “We’re not here to tell the story of Jesus Christ. We’re here to take that element and use it as inspiration for the story.” I think that alleviated any concerns that he and I had. And at the same time we really trusted Eric and still do to this day.

s13 discussion. Feel free to take to the spoiler thread.

Spoiler

The season 12 finale saw the introduction of an apocalyptic alternate world in which Sam and Dean Winchester were never born and Heaven and Hell are locked in an eternal war. And with that world comes the possibility for a number of character returns. But does it feel like a turning point?

COLLINS Well, I think the rift and the fact that you can go into the apocalypse world and you can all of a sudden revisit every character in a different iteration — there could be a different version of every character — it opens up this incredible panoply.
ACKLES Why not have the same characters as something different?
PADALECKI And if an alternate universe exists, then how many alternate universes exist? It’s hard to say, because I feel like it’s impossible to identify a turning point during the turn. In hindsight it will reveal how this story will affect the show, the canon at large and the way we move for- ward. But I certainly feel like we’re opening up doors with the rift and with the son of Lucifer.
COLLINS It’s also hard because [in] the first five years there were all of these totally mind-blowing new chapters that were opened. So much stuff has been taken to such extremes that it’s hard to go to a new extreme that’s so big that it blows that whole world open again.
PADALECKI It’s almost like a paradox, but we tell these stories in a way that’s based in reality. This is not a fantastical show. This isn’t a long time ago in a galaxy far, far away. Part of our whole premise is that this is this world. We’re telling crazy stories, but this is in the world you live in right now. It’s neat to see our writers, who are incredibly talented, weave that in and try to fit a square peg in a round hole. It’s neat to watch and be a part of.

Edited by catrox14
  • Love 3
20 hours ago, catrox14 said:

http://ew.com/tv/2017/09/29/supernatural-cast-breaks-down-the-moments-that-changed-show/amp/

Hide contents

Have you read anything about the contents of this special edition? Someone left a review on Amazon stating that the editor's personal bias made it a disappointing read. They didn't state what the bias was but it made me curious..

• Love 1
20 hours ago, catrox14 said:

Reveal hidden contents

Yet again, they kept Misha off the cover in spite of the fact he was an interviewee, and the only other one at that, so thanks but no thanks. 

I read what was in the EW blurb but nothing else as to the contents of it. If it's looking at 12 seasons I'm sure it's going to likely have more about the brothers but I would think Castiel would be mentioned for the remaining seasons so I don't know what the bias would be. Maybe someone counted how many times each one of J2M had a comment or something. Otherwise I don't know.

17 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

I read what was in the EW blurb but nothing else as to the contents of it. If it's looking at 12 seasons I'm sure it's going to likely have more about the brothers but I would think Castiel would be mentioned for the remaining seasons so I don't know what the bias would be. Maybe someone counted how many times each one of J2M had a comment or something. Otherwise I don't know.

Thanks!

• Love 2

To me, personally, it makes sense - and really, is appropriate - that Misha isn't on the cover. I think Misha and Castiel are a much bigger deal in fandom than they are to the actual show. Cas's role has grown and he's important, obviously, to the boys, but the heart of the show is and always has been the relationship between Dean and Sam. 

I know and understand that's not everyone's opinion, but an issue devoted to the show's long run should have a cover that is just Jensen and Jared, in my opinion.

• Love 11

I thought the bias comment reflected on it going more to either brother. But it could be Cas` exclusion of course. 

Since Cas is now going into his tenth year with the show (in some form or other) and this is more than a lot of leads have on their own shows, I think it would have been fine if he had been included on the cover. In fact, they could have made the cover a bit more dynamic than basic "male models standing" look. But non-dynamic is kinda approriate to the show so it weirdly fits.    

• Love 2

I think Misha deserved to be in the cover. I'm not angry more a bit disappointed. He is in his 9th season with the show, has more episodes than anyone other than J2 and he is important to the show. I don't really like the cover myself because they photoshopped the IMO not very good pics of the boys when then could have used the cute one with all three taking a step.

That said, I'm glad Misha is part of the interview at least.

• Love 2

So, some official information on the new format, non-J2 cons. This has really turned into a cottage industry. I'm guessing it's a significant income stream for the actors, and Creation is capitalizing on it. $500 for a Gold ticket is considerably less than the regular cons. It will be interesting to see how it sells.

snip1.JPG

• Love 1
20 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

So, some official information on the new format, non-J2 cons. This has really turned into a cottage industry. I'm guessing it's a significant income stream for the actors, and Creation is capitalizing on it. $500 for a Gold ticket is considerably less than the regular cons. It will be interesting to see how it sells.

snip1.JPG

I don’t overly keep up with cons, especially US ones since I’m from Ireland and all, but is there a particular reason they’re now doing new format / non J2 cons? Have J2 expressed a desire to cut back on cons, or what is happening?

ETA: While I’m far from a J2 centric fan most fans are and I see forsee these failing epically in terms of attendance etc.

Edited by Wayward Son

I think these are in addition to what Jensen and Jared normally do.  I'm not sure how successful they'll be, but I think other cast members do pretty well at cons where the J's are present, so maybe at this lower price, they can attract people in without the draw of seeing Jensen and Jared.

• Love 2
46 minutes ago, Wayward Son said:

I don’t overly keep up with cons, especially US ones since I’m from Ireland and all, but is there a particular reason they’re now doing new format / non J2 cons? Have J2 expressed a desire to cut back on cons, or what is happening?

ETA: While I’m far from a J2 centric fan most fans are and I see forsee these failing epically in terms of attendance etc.

I believe these are in addition to, not instead of, the regular schedule of J2 cons. But I personally wouldn't go to a con without Jensen. That's no sleight against the rest of them at all.  I like most everyone in the cast and when I go to cons, I attend every panel - haven't missed one yet - but Jensen is the main attraction for me.

I know that a lot of the cast does other cons in the USA and around the world, but I have no idea what attendance is like. I think price will be a factor though. $500 is cheaper than the regular cons, but not by much. I wonder if the general admission tickets will be the saving grace for these events.

• Love 4

Normally smaller-cast-cons of genre shows do reasonably well but that is usually with shows where you seldom or never see the big starts whereas this show has oversaturated the market with cons having them all the time. I think Creation just wants to try out this thing as a new business model for the future. Right now I`d put the odds for its success at 40/60. To me it`s still a steap price, regardless. I attended many European conventions with lower-tier-cast-members, if you will, for a fifth of that rate. Creation overall is expensive as shit in comparism, always has been.  

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Wayward Son said:

Have J2 expressed a desire to cut back on cons, or what is happening?

My guess is that they are testing the waters.  I'd say SPN are creation's biggest money makers and they want to see how cons without Jared and Jensen do if they cut back or decide not to do them after the show ends.  

• Love 4
5 hours ago, Wayward Son said:

Just as an aside, I thought I'd say hello from the top of the Emerald Isle!!

• Love 1