Type keyword(s) to search

Current Squad 2017-2018: Media, Music, Videos & Show Group

sleepyjean
  • Start Topic

1. I still cannot stand Madeline or Holly P. - they both seem like spoiled dance princesses w/ helicopter stage parents who have been doing whatever it takes to make sure their lives are absolutely perfect every step of the way since they were born.  They are middle-class versions of Sydney, but even more annoying IMO!

2. I do not find Auto Amy being on the GSW dance team inspirational at all.  She wasn't DCC material, the DCC rejected her, and she ended up on a less-selective team just like so many others.  No major accomplishment there.

3. I don't think Amy T. ever should have made the squad because of her bottom heavy figure.

• Love 2
27 minutes ago, Runnergrl37 said:

The girls that talk religion non stop and post psalms for everything turn me off. 

It's funny when they insert something about religion awkwardly.  For example I think it was Holly (retired Holly) who has/had on her Instagram "Loves Tex Mex and Jesus".  Wow, so Jesus ranks right up there with a type of food!  We get it, they're supposed to project the image of "I'm actually nothing but a good church-going girl." Not that I mind church-going people, I'm one of them, but yeah they do seem to beat us over the head with it.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, Runnergrl37 said:

The girls that talk religion non stop and post psalms for everything turn me off. 

Thisssss

On January 11, 2017 at 8:35 PM, EricaShadows said:

I had hoped that Megan Flaherty would have made it her third year trying.  If she was brought back as some marketing gimmick to boost ratings and they were never going to put her on the squad, then don't bring her into Training Camp.  Same with Amy from Rockford.  As much as she worked her little patootie off to get into Training Camp (and as much as I wanted her to make it at the end, since she changed my mind about her), I just felt that there was no way they were going to let her on the squad.  I felt that each thing they gave her to fix was yet another reason to keep her out of Training Camp and when they had no more reasons to keep her out of Training Camp, they had to come up with some BS reason to keep her off the squad.  I would have liked Amy, Kyndall and Sheridan to be on the squad instead of Yuko, Allie, and either Tasha or Khalyn.

The whole situation with Cassie is complicated.  I felt that she shouldn't have made it either her first or her last year and that, if she'd made another squad and gotten at least one year of experience at another location, then people (including myself) would have given her more credit because then there wouldn't be the whole "only made it because of her mom" thing.  I've heard too many people say that, had she been anyone else, the mistakes she made at her rookie year audition would have kept her from Training Camp and the team and there are other things.  I have to wonder at how many things she actually earned and how many were given to her because of her mom and I hate having to think that.  It rankles and I'm glad that Cassie has made her peace with it.

As far as the Cassie thing goes, I think she got passes her 1st and 5th year based on what MTT showed. Someone posted on another thread that if anyone was groomed to be a DCC it was Cassie. I'm sure she earned everything on her own once sh got on the team.

1 hour ago, California Girl said:

Throughout all of the years of MTT there have been other TCC (e.g., Paula Tabares) who I thought deserved to make the team more than Amy Simone, but there has never been a TCC whose final cut moved me more than Amy's.

I cried with Amy. I hope she has a long tenure with Golden State.

2 hours ago, QuiteContraryMoni said:

I do not find Loren or Kelsey (brunette) to be anything more than average. I LOVED Megan. I believe Kelli said she had a "thutt". Well Kells, keep wearing those polyester tube dresses. We can see your thutt, your muffin top, your bra fat and your fupa. I thought it was ridiculously fucked up to actually attempt to CREATE a name for a body part on someone like that. Just say "She's too stocky on her lower half". And she says her mama taught her her manners. Pssh.

At least she's honest and didn't lie about why she was cutting Megan. I felt bad for her but it's in the book that if you don't look good in the uniform it's a deal breaker. 

• Love 2
5 hours ago, Runnergrl37 said:

I'm 100% sure most of them never step foot inside a church on Sundays...Because they're at the stadium haha.

13 hours ago, California Girl said:

Most DCC are certainly as sweet as a southern iced tea.  However some DCC project a definitive mean girl or b!+€#¥ vibe.  

Melissa Rycroft said she left because of mean girls. FYI Melissa, there are mean girls everywhere...you can't outrun them all.

7 hours ago, MyFavShows said:

1. I still cannot stand Madeline or Holly P. - they both seem like spoiled dance princesses w/ helicopter stage parents who have been doing whatever it takes to make sure their lives are absolutely perfect every step of the way since they were born.  They are middle-class versions of Sydney, but even more annoying IMO!

2. I do not find Auto Amy being on the GSW dance team inspirational at all.  She wasn't DCC material, the DCC rejected her, and she ended up on a less-selective team just like so many others.  No major accomplishment there.

3. I don't think Amy T. ever should have made the squad because of her bottom heavy figure.

Preach sista!

Also, I have never cried in sadness or happiness for anyone on the show ... I don't know them enough to be that emotionally invested

• Love 6
3 hours ago, QuiteContraryMoni said:

I do not find Loren or Kelsey (brunette) to be anything more than average. I LOVED Megan. I believe Kelli said she had a "thutt". Well Kells, keep wearing those polyester tube dresses. We can see your thutt, your muffin top, your bra fat and your fupa. I thought it was ridiculously fucked up to actually attempt to CREATE a name for a body part on someone like that. Just say "She's too stocky on her lower half". And she says her mama taught her her manners. Pssh.

Agreed on Megan. I liked her a lot, and while I at least appreciated that K&J didn't string her along only to cut her at the end for body type, the whole "thutt" thing was compleyely rude and unnecessary. 

Also, I thought Vivian looked fine in the uniform both years that she tried out. I would've put her on the team the first year. The second year however, everything (her "fame") had clearly gone to her head. 

• Love 3
3 hours ago, QuiteContraryMoni said:

Grace Sells (one of my fave TCCs) was cut like Megan for looking bottom heavy in the uniform. She made the Allen Wranglers cheerleaders for one season and the Mavs Dancers for two;  and looked great in their uniforms. I wonder if Kelli ever regretted cutting her and not giving her another chance in TC.

Edited by MrsEVH
22 hours ago, ByTor said:

I'm going to be really unpopular and say I like both uniforms :)

I hate both. The polka dot dresses make the look like little girls.

22 hours ago, tobeyoungagain said:

oh wow that's bad .... they must've gotten big sponsorship dollars for the girls to wear that.  Horrific.

It looks like shag carpet.

• Love 3

I'm not being a smart ass, but I need clarification...is this thread for unpopular opinions or just opinions?  I thought NOT liking the breast cancer uniforms was definitely the consensus and not unpopular.

• Love 3
56 minutes ago, ByTor said:

I'm not being a smart ass, but I need clarification...is this thread for unpopular opinions or just opinions?  I thought NOT liking the breast cancer uniforms was definitely the consensus and not unpopular.

My bad.  I was just chiming in with my hatred for the outfits.  But then realized it wasn't necessary as that was the 'popular' opinion.

1 hour ago, tobeyoungagain said:

Preach sista!

Also, I have never cried in sadness or happiness for anyone on the show ... I don't know them enough to be that emotionally invested.

Sometimes I get emotional over movies, and those people don't even exist. :)

• Love 2
16 minutes ago, heatherrrrz said:

Lol I think my opinion about the fringe dresses is the unpopular one because I love them

I think they're cute, and I don't get how people think it makes them look heavy.

Another unpopular uniform opinion I have is that I fail to see how the current shorts look like diapers.  When Kelli F was a DCC...now those look like diapers since they go all the way up to the waist.  I've never seen a baby in a low-rise diaper :)

• Love 1

Breaking in with a few of my opinions:

1. Cassie coming back for her fifth year. I think one of my main concerns were the chance of her injuring someone if her knee or legs gave out during a performance. She said her legs were not strong enough while they were performing one practice stunt for the breast cancer awareness performance. She did hit one of the stunt guys in the face because she said her legs were not strong enough to handle the guys tossing her in the air. I'm sorry, but she was taking a risk of someone else being injured because of her latest knee injury. I am not saying she did not deserve her fifth year, but a little common sense could have been used in her case when it come to the dangerous stunt routines.

2. Brooke was injured her second year during a Show Group practice. One of her teammates went into the jump split too early or too late causing her injury. I think it would have been unfair if she was cut for her injury unless the doctors said no more dancing period.

3. I do not understand the appeal of Courtney Cook, Jasmine, Breelan, Ashley Pro, or Madeline. I know Courtney was a favorite of Kelli from day one, but I have the feeling Judy was not on the same page. I was a fan of Morgan when she tried out for the team, but the constant attention she was getting in Season 8 bug the heck out of me to the point I was calling Season 8-The Morgan Saga. I also do not get the Alexandra from Season 9, and the Paula T. from Season 5 love. Charlotte was drooling in her pantyhose over Paula, but in my opinion, the poor girl could not dance her way out of a paper bag. Alexandra could not dance or do the kick line/jump split either, but Kelli was still wanting her to try out again. I often wonder if Kelli saw Alexandra as the next Jackie Bob. I did secretly cheer Judy on in Season 5 when she was not happy about a certain girl was brought to TC, but not Lauren Gibler. I think I have a good idea who she was talking about, but I will keep my opinion to myself.

4. And last but not least, I cannot stand it when one of the girls say going home instead of being cut. It grates on my last nerves. To me, saying going home means I am not allowed to pitch a tent in the parking lot until TC is over, and I made the team. I know it does not mean the same thing, but enough already please.

I will now crawl back into my cold, snow packed hole. Thank you.

51 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

Breaking in with a few of my opinions:

1. Cassie coming back for her fifth year. I think one of my main concerns were the chance of her injuring someone if her knee or legs gave out during a performance. She said her legs were not strong enough while they were performing one practice stunt for the breast cancer awareness performance. She did hit one of the stunt guys in the face because she said her legs were not strong enough to handle the guys tossing her in the air. I'm sorry, but she was taking a risk of someone else being injured because of her latest knee injury. I am not saying she did not deserve her fifth year, but a little common sense could have been used in her case when it come to the dangerous stunt routines.

2. Brooke was injured her second year during a Show Group practice. One of her teammates went into the jump split too early or too late causing her injury. I think it would have been unfair if she was cut for her injury unless the doctors said no more dancing period.

3. I do not understand the appeal of Courtney Cook, Jasmine, Breelan, Ashley Pro, or Madeline. I know Courtney was a favorite of Kelli from day one, but I have the feeling Judy was not on the same page. I was a fan of Morgan when she tried out for the team, but the constant attention she was getting in Season 8 bug the heck out of me to the point I was calling Season 8-The Morgan Saga. I also do not get the Alexandra from Season 9, and the Paula T. from Season 5 love. Charlotte was drooling in her pantyhose over Paula, but in my opinion, the poor girl could not dance her way out of a paper bag. Alexandra could not dance or do the kick line/jump split either, but Kelli was still wanting her to try out again. I often wonder if Kelli saw Alexandra as the next Jackie Bob. I did secretly cheer Judy on in Season 5 when she was not happy about a certain girl was brought to TC, but not Lauren Gibler. I think I have a good idea who she was talking about, but I will keep my opinion to myself.

4. And last but not least, I cannot stand it when one of the girls say going home instead of being cut. It grates on my last nerves. To me, saying going home means I am not allowed to pitch a tent in the parking lot until TC is over, and I made the team. I know it does not mean the same thing, but enough already please.

I will now crawl back into my cold, snow packed hole. Thank you.

Some of them may mean going home by leaving the state/city. They may only have their housing while they're in TC and then have to find permanent residence if they're cut  or once TC ends.

• Love 2
15 hours ago, RhiRhi said:

That was Taylor's third year auditioning so she had 3+ years to work on her kicks.  She could have had 3 more years and I don't think they would be good enough. 

I'm tracking with you and honestly don't disagree with you.  I just felt like Taylor's kicks were on par with some other weaker kickers who ultimately made the squad in the past AND she was one of their best power dancers that year. So Taylor probably felt like they were good enough to slide by. I was kind of baffled she didn't make the squad and she probably was too ? 

Maybe TPTB figured Taylor had maxed her potential and it was indeed an incredibly competitive season (Kashara, Megan, Amy T, Holly.)  I liked them both, but would have taken Taylor over Kat or Simone. This was the squad of 34 that ended up with a crap ton of injuries too. Hindsight is always 20/20 but I wonder if they ever wish she had been kept. 

I think I just debated both sides in my head and still can't land on a final answer. 

• Love 1
42 minutes ago, Teriyaki Terror said:

Some of them may mean going home by leaving the state/city. They may only have their housing while they're in TC and then have to find permanent residence if they're cut  or once TC ends.

I understand what you are saying, but it still drives me bonkers.

Some more of my opinions before crawling back into my hole:

1. I like Alyssa. To me, she has the all American girl next door look. Did her sister help her with making the team? I say yes in some ways, but I think she had a lot of potential.

2. This may fall under unpopular opinion, but I like the short hair cuts and the non regular DCC hair styles on some of the girls. I think Robin and Holly stand out more in a better way because they do not have the same cookie style hair style the majority of the girls have.

3. I like Jinelle and Rachel. They both seem like nice girls, and someone I would want to be friends with.

4. Melissa the Mentor still bugs me. Maybe it is the way she is portrayed on the show via bad scenes and fake acting in some of her scenes by her and some of the girls. I think CMT has more of a say so in who she mentors than Kelli, Judy and Charlotte combined.

I will now go back to my hole.

18 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

1. I like Alyssa. To me, she has the all American girl next door look. Did her sister help her with making the team? I say yes in some ways, but I think she had a lot of potential.

2. This may fall under unpopular opinion, but I like the short hair cuts and the non regular DCC hair styles on some of the girls. I think Robin and Holly stand out more in a better way because they do not have the same cookie style hair style the majority of the girls have.

3. I like Jinelle and Rachel. They both seem like nice girls, and someone I would want to be friends with.

4. Melissa the Mentor still bugs me. Maybe it is the way she is portrayed on the show via bad scenes and fake acting in some of her scenes by her and some of the girls. I think CMT has more of a say so in who she mentors than Kelli, Judy and Charlotte combined.

I agree with the hair styles. Their looks are chosen for them. I think some of them could flat iron their hair or have pixie cuts. If you look at the squad photos from the 80s there's more of a variety of styles. I liked Courtney Cooks hair, it was spunky.

22 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

I love shorter hair!  Like Teri and Mackenzie after her cut.  Some girls look better with shorter hair (Holly)

On January 11, 2017 at 1:29 PM, Jess14 said:

My unpopular opinion: I'm not a huge fan of Holly P's dancing. It's not that I don't think she's talented, but she's not even in my top 5 of favorite dancers on the team.

I never thought Kelsey was attractive. Same Alyssa. I actually think Ashton is the more attractive sister (and certainly better dancer as well)

Also, I never understood why Holly (blond Holly), was the point girl last season. Her dancing was perfectly fine, but nothing special to me.

ETA: I'm referring to the Kelsey who made it in season 7. I do think current DCC Kelsey is beautiful.

There's a guy on Instagram that said Kelsey Bond is his favorite DCC in his bio. He even has a tattoo of her. No lie. I wish I could remember his account name.

Just now, Elizabeth9 said:

I love shorter hair!  Like Teri and Mackenzie after her cut.  Some girls look better with shorter hair (Holly)

Melissa the monitor bugs me too. I fast forward anytime they show her or Jay.

15 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

Regarding the show:

1. It's not as much fun anymore.  I miss the workouts with Jay.  I want to see the etiquette training.  I don't want to see the fashion show which we all know is advertising to get free clothes.

2. I want to see the group leaders lead rehearsals without K&J - we all know that they aren't there that much anyway, so what else do they do?  I would like to see the meetings with sponsors, staff meetings, choreography - what goes into a halftime show for Halloween, BCA and Christmas? 

3. I want to see what goes behind getting ready to go on tour.  We've seen who makes show group and then nothing after that

4. I don't want to see a TCC upset about something that happened in her past and staring into the river or the park - we don't need dramatic moments like that

5. I like the split screen comparing the girls - gives a better idea of what they are looking for.  However, maybe they should do that with the same TCC performing the dance for the first time and then later in the season, so we see the progress (or not).

6. What is a show group practice like?  A rookie practice?  A group practice with group leaders giving feedback to the TCC's and K&J?

Sorry.......I've had bronchitis for a week and I'm bored.

I agree here. Mix it up a bit Kelli and company!!!!!  Sponsor meetings are private, and I suspect boring.  No need to see and I don’t think it is our business.  In addition, we won't seen anything later in the season because all they shoot is training camp.  Once the season starts, CMT is done. I don’t think anyone from the DCC liked when there was the 10 episode season.  But that’s my guessing as we have never seen again.

I think the difference from earlier seasons is now they block everything in advance and I think there are more commercials.  So less air time and just hitting the marks are giving us same ole, same ole each season.  I did not get a email from the organization about my opinion on the show.  Wish I had.  I wonder if in the beginning of the show, was the CMT crew in attendance way more than now?  I bet they were. 

Edited by PBSLover

And one more opinion for the road: I like the fact they are trying to come up with new routines, but the new Hip Hop routine does nothing for me. It looks like, imo, something a high school or college drill or dance team would do without the sexy factor.

Btw, I would like to see the girls with shorter hairdos with cute bangs, but I do not see it happening.

Sometimes when you get really into a dance, you make weird faces...I don't think she's trying to be sexy? Other girls are making "faces" but let's continue to pick on Holly. *eyeroll*

Edited by HowdeeDo
  • Love 7

Raising hand to say I did not care for the extra episodes since they were more of the same ole rinse, lather, repeat. The swimsuit calendar shoot was painful to watch since they were trying to convince the viewers and fans the shoot happened after the team was announced along with the Pretty Woman boots and string bikinis walking down the runway look.

19 minutes ago, QuiteContraryMoni said:

Honesty is one thing. Creating a name to notate a non-existent figure flaw is another.

Bingo.  Further, why is a thutt a bad thing?  I found this quote from Kelli: "Today, we had a little bit of thigh and butt running together, so we're calling it a 'thutt.' Megan had a little bit of a thutt. We can cover cankles with boots, but we can't cover thutts."  If the thigh and the butt are running together, then you don't have the issue with the ass cheeks hanging out of the shorts...at least that's my positive spin :)

• Love 1
26 minutes ago, QuiteContraryMoni said:

HAHAH!! MEGAN SHARP!

She kept them the entire time she was a DCC and they looked awful.  She would curl her hair and leave them stick straight. It looked so odd.  She looked so much better when she just had her hair parted on the side.

• Love 1

I like Tasha's lipstick color - I think she looks adorable and it's a bit more modern than some of the other makeup looks popular for DCCs and TCCs (hello, early 00's brow bone highlight and super narrow brows!).  She'd look gorgeous and more girl-next-door with just a bit of gloss, but I think she looks beautiful as-is, Barbie pink or not.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, HowdeeDo said:

Sometimes when you get really into a dance, you make weird faces...I don't think she's trying to be sexy? Other girls are making "faces" but let's continue to pick on Holly. *eyeroll*

Luckily we're all allowed our own opinions *eyeroll* 

• Love 3
3 hours ago, HowdeeDo said:

It's easy to pick on someone with the "look at meeeeeee" attitude.  Sorry if I sound mean, but that girl works my last nerve.

I think Amy L looks adorable in that video.  She's one that seems to fly under the radar. I really don't know much about her talent-wise, but she's such a cutie!

• Love 1

I really liked Megan Sharp's look and felt she was one of the prettiest girls there.  They keep harping on the fact that, if a girl doesn't look good in the uniform, she doesn't get on the squad.  Well, weren't they giving Allie a hard time about being too "square"?  I thought for sure she would be gone because K&J didn't like how she looked in the uniform.  Keep Amy and Kyndall over her and Yuko if they were going to have a squad of 37 instead of 36.

Meagan Sharp was awesome.  She made the squad at 18, was shy and unsure about her talent and then came back her second year, as Kitty put it, a rock star.  She made show group and was on the squad for four years.  I like Melissa Rycroft, but Meagan is the girl who should have mentored Breelan.

24 minutes ago, ByTor said:

It's easy to pick on someone with the "look at meeeeeee" attitude.  Sorry if I sound mean, but that girl works my last nerve.

I think Amy L looks adorable in that video.  She's one that seems to fly under the radar. I really don't know much about her talent-wise, but she's such a cutie!

Exactly. Why am I not surprised she was in the center? She's such a great dancer, but I don't think she knows what being humble means.

I looove Amy L. I think she's so underrated. Her and Raylee are easily my favorites from their class.

• Love 1
9 hours ago, HowdeeDo said:

Thanks for posting this. I was wondering how they were doing with the playoffs here. I think all these girls look great and Holly looks beautiful. I can't imagine how excited they are to be part of a playoff team.

I don't know enough about what the popular opinion is or who decides what is the popular or unpopular opinion. Is there a list or guide somewhere as to what people should think? So these are my general opinions:

My opinion is that these girls work hard under demanding circumstances and pressure and do a wonderful job. I don't know any of them personally, I don't follow them at all and I just watch the show and post here. I feel I can only make judgements on what we see in a highly edited show. I don't recall any of the girls being arrogant to another girl in training camp. I'm sure it happens but I don't remember it. I wouldn't feel comfortable labeling a girl as arrogant based on her facial expressions. As performers these girls need confidence, I want that confidence to shine.

The only true casting mistake I've seen Kelli make was Breelen. Even though Morgan had issues she was very beautiful and seemed like she could be an asset. I was really sorry that they cut Cat as a returning veteran. For some reason that mean reporter attacked her and seemed to really enjoy knocking her down. I think Cat could have been an asset.

The girl Ashley, I think,  they cut for being robotic and square, she really should have changed her work hours and practiced with the others so she could learn what she did wrong. She could have made the team.

I was heartbroken for Amy when she was cut at the very end. We got to go on a long journey with her not giving up, even after that humiliating wardrobe malfunction. I'm proud of her for pushing herself to improve and for not giving up. She came very close to making the squad as a totally different person than when she started. I know few people who are as determined and persistent as she was at chasing a dream.

I liked Cassie, who hasn't been on the team or the show for what 5 years. I liked Judy being a Mom on the show. It's nice to see women at work with their daughters. It's incredibly rare on tv. I think Cassie has had an unfair and undeserved amount of hate heaped on her from day one. I think maybe it's past time to move on.

I think Kathryn Dunn is gorgeous. She just isn't a good enough dancer and as she hasn't been on the show for years either,  it's time to move on from her as well.

I wish Hannah had been able to take Kelli's warnings to heart and  even begin to lose some weight and stay on the team. She was really talented and I would have like to see more of her.

Ive been a huge fan of Danielle and Jinelle since their rookie season. I liked Jasmine a great deal as well and I was sorry she got cut. 

i wish the show focused more on the naturally talented girls like Mary and Holly and Megan? (the girl that made Kitty cry because she was so good, was that Mary?) I feel we spend too much time with the lower end of the talent and not enough time getting to know the outstanding dancers. A little more balance would be nice.

Edited by rose711
  • Love 3
11 hours ago, HowdeeDo said:

Thanks for posting this. Love it! My eyes go straight to Jenna and Holly. Jenna, because I actually think she looks the best and doesn't need to do all of the mugging for the camera, and my eyes are drawn to Holly because of her mugging for the camera lol. She just does too much for me. I wish Cersten was visible in this. 

• Love 1