Type keyword(s) to search

Current Squad 2017-2018: Media, Music, Videos & Show Group

sleepyjean
  • Start Topic

Don't know all the nuances of Mandy - Slade - Christina so it's very possible that it's not a big deal to either Mandy or Christina.  In any case, Mandy is killing it right now...and it also kind of seems like she and Slade broke up around the time she made the squad.  She ended up being roomies with Kyndall most that year which was the flag to me that she wasn't still dating the guy she moved to TX for.  

So happy Lacey is officially coming back! Never heard a bad word about her, they definitely need her maturity, leadership and skills.  Yahoo! 

I do recall that Jinelle actually worked for Kelli in some capacity but not sure if that was long term or what.  I hope even if she doesn't return they keep her around the organization. 

• Love 11
38 minutes ago, LaurenBrook said:

I do recall that Jinelle actually worked for Kelli in some capacity but not sure if that was long term or what. 

Thanks for this, I didn't think I was imagining it!

Edited by ByTor
  • Love 1

Updated list... just waiting on Jinelle, Bess, Yuko, Kelsey, & Madeline. 

1. Jenna
2. Jinelle
3. Lacey ✔️
4. Kashara ✔️
5. Amy L ✔️
6. Bess
7. Robin
8. Heather O ✔️

9. Simone
10. Chantel ✔️
11. Stephanie

12. Maggie
13. Selina ✔️
14. Yuko
15. Kelli ✔️
16. Jessika ✔️
17. Kelsey
18. Tess ✔️
19. Tasha ✔️
20. Khalyn ✔️
21. Cersten
22. Madeline
23. Milan

24. Tara ✔️
25. Savannah ✔️
26. Rachel ✔️
27. Molly ✔️
28. Miranda ✔️
29. Lexie ✔️
30. Lauren ✔️
31. Keyra ✔️
32. Gina ✔️
33. Christina ✔️
34. Alexis ✔️
35. Kalyssa
36. Alexandria

@LaurenBrook. Do you know what the CMT "filming" was a couple of days ago?? Kelli tweeted about having a tearful conversation with Jinelle, and Chantel posted an Instagram story saying "let the filming begin."  (Chantel was with Stephanie and Simone--both have confirmed that they are retiring.)  I was wondering if it was "goodbye" messages? 

1 hour ago, iwtv123 said:

I think yuko is returning. I saw her in Sarah idziak's IG story like two weeks ago. It appeared Sarah is choreographing her solo again for her this year.

Yes I saw that too! Also, Tess commented “Cant wait to be back” on Yuko’s latest photo and it would only make sense if they were both going to be going back to Bimini. I posted the photo in the 2018 Audition Speculation page on here. :) 

but a part of me wonders who among the soon to be third years will not make it back as Raylee did not last season?! Is Yuko one of them?! 

The only going for three I could see being on the bubble could be Selina and Tasha if they come back with extra weight. Yuko may be on the bubble too if her dancing does not improve. Was Jessika the one who was looking a little thicker in the middle also?

On 4/13/2018 at 2:40 PM, bigskygirl said:

The waiting to see if Jinelle and Lacey come back. I guess we will have a better clue on who will be coming back on May 1st for calendar shoot swimsuit fittings.

Or...Hopefully we find out during the year end banquet...

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, ByTor said:

What do you think of Jessika’s chances?

I don’t know. I think she’s beautiful (if they’d change her hair color), but she flies under the radar so we don’t see her much. We all saw her crap solo last year though. ?

• Love 4

I don’t think Yuko, Selina or Jessika have anything to worry about. They seem to think Yuko can do no wrong, like Selina, and during Jessika’s podcast - she was so inarticulate and had a ditzy voice, by Kelli just beamed at her and spoon fed her answers. They seem to love Tasha, too. 

Savannah might be on the bubble. Christina, too. 

• Love 1
26 minutes ago, RazzleberryPie said:

I don’t think Yuko, Selina or Jessika have anything to worry about. They seem to think Yuko can do no wrong, like Selina, and during Jessika’s podcast - she was so inarticulate and had a ditzy voice, by Kelli just beamed at her and spoon fed her answers. They seem to love Tasha, too. 

Savannah might be on the bubble. Christina, too. 

One thing I noticed when I rewatched this season was that in one of Selina's office visits, either K or J said something along the lines that they fought for her at the auditions. Which probably means two things:

1) K/J do like Selina

2) She was probably one of the lowest scoring returning vets last year

• Love 6

Has Jessika actually "improved" during this season since her awful audition, last year?  As for Jinelle and Angela's visa debate but their visa in (each of) their rookie year was different. Angela stated during the audition process of her rookie year that she was on a 1 year student visa and if she didnt get thro she could not come back the following year (or any other year, judging by the way she said it). 

As for Jinelle I am assuming she prob applied for a entertainment visa or something (I don't think we know which one she applied for seeing as she didn't say in her rookie year but) but she did say she had it renewed for 3 years or something that year she went to have it renewed and ended up coming back to TC later than planned because of her ending up in hospital. I wonder what happened to the bf that Jinelle had when she first joined DCC.

When is that banquet? The day before auditions?

Edited by CrazyEve

I think the banquet is at the end of April or right before swimsuit fittings on May 1st.

I think what saved Selina was the fact Kelli seems to like her. Remember in Season 9 when Judy said girls who were brought into TC with weight issues should be cut at finals. I think if Judy had her way Selina, Stephanie, and Tasha would have been shown the door at finals due to weight.  I also think Judy wanted Jenna to get the axe also, but Jenna was able to save herself from being cut by Kelli because she supposedly ratted out Erica to save her DCC bacon. I think Yuko was saved because Kelli and Charlotte like her because remember Judy did not care for her much the first year she tried out. Throw in the fact Yuko came from another country and was considered an underdog her first year, and she will stay on the team as long as Kelli and Charlotte want her on the team even if others like Miss Kitty or Judy do not care for her.

Yeah I would think the banquet would be on Friday the 27th or Saturday the 28th!! 

Also, @ByTor I agree with you. I like Yuko as well!! However, it’s painful to me because I’m sure she’s sweet and by now I’d hope she would have grown into the dcc style but you don’t ever see her on appearances and she doesn’t resemble the ambassador they seem to strive for making future DCCs strive to be. It’s frustrating and this is her second year. Idk how much more time should she be given to adjust?! 

• Love 3
20 hours ago, Tootie said:

@LaurenBrook. Do you know what the CMT "filming" was a couple of days ago?? Kelli tweeted about having a tearful conversation with Jinelle, and Chantel posted an Instagram story saying "let the filming begin."  (Chantel was with Stephanie and Simone--both have confirmed that they are retiring.)  I was wondering if it was "goodbye" messages? 

i'm not sure! it's possible they'll have little blurbs in the second episode or something about vets who decided to not return and show clips of them having their goodbyes with Kelli and Judy? 

Kelsey posted an Instagram story showing a bunch of dance wear (very quick video) and captioned it “Oh snap, what time is it?”  Like maybe she’s picking her audition outfit? 

• Love 2
11 hours ago, Cowboysfan16 said:

Yeah I would think the banquet would be on Friday the 27th or Saturday the 28th!! 

Also, @ByTor I agree with you. I like Yuko as well!! However, it’s painful to me because I’m sure she’s sweet and by now I’d hope she would have grown into the dcc style but you don’t ever see her on appearances and she doesn’t resemble the ambassador they seem to strive for making future DCCs strive to be. It’s frustrating and this is her second year. Idk how much more time should she be given to adjust?! 

Yuko did go out on at least one appearance this year. I think the main reason why she is still on the team is because Kelli and Charlotte want her to stay on the team.

8 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

Yuko did go out on at least one appearance this year. I think the main reason why she is still on the team is because Kelli and Charlotte want her to stay on the team.

I understand! Yeah, I recall her going on appearances that were pretty much a team event/ those that most of the girls were on. 

13 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

Absolutely.  I say let her stay, I think she's adorable.

• Love 7
32 minutes ago, Jen3mom said:

Kelsey posted an Instagram story showing a bunch of dance wear (very quick video) and captioned it “Oh snap, what time is it?”  Like maybe she’s picking her audition outfit? 

I thought that at first, but I think maybe she’s modeling for them again. Vets only need their finals outfit, which is decked out more than typical practice wear which is what she showed in the video. 

1 hour ago, Cowboysfan16 said:

Kelsey’s story was from Stephanie Wheat’s class where she had Dallas Wear bring out uniforms for the girls!! 

Well at least she’s taking a class. Guess it’s still up in the air with her. 

• Love 1

Last time Jinelle did the podcast she was asked if she was going to retire, but they went off on something else, and she did not have a chance to say if she was going to try out again.

Edited by bigskygirl

I'm not a Christina fan but I wouldn't say I'm a hater, either. Still, if she's really dating Mandy's ex, I can't help but think she's kind of a downgrade from Mandy, IMO. Now, admittedly, these aren't exactly the things on which the strength of a relationship should be judged, but it's all I have to go on since I don't really know Jack about these people and I know actual compatibility matters more than what I'm about to say, which is this: I think Mandy is much prettier, more talented, more professionally accomplished, more interesting, and much hotter than Christina. Dude might have gone from one of the most talented and stunning DCC in recent years to one of the more underwhelming DCC in my memory. I seem to be on the petty train these days, but I'm just sayin'.  

• Love 5

Christina may be sweet enough to put people into a sugar coma, but she seems to be one of those that tries out enough times that they bring her into camp whether or not she's good enough and then barely squeaks onto the team thanks to two people leaving before Training Camp is over.  I seriously doubt that she would have made it on without Holly and Erika leaving.  However, that's in the past and over with.  Kelli, Judy, and Charlotte have had a year or so to REALLY see how she's done as a DCC.  They may keep her because she's older and more mature than many of the girls and brings a stabilizing influence due to that maturity, but she could have done poorly enough elsewhere (especially dancewise) that they might not want to risk her again, especially with a new crop of girls coming.

I suspect that there will be a LOT of girls going to auditions this year, mainly because they saw how weak the rookie class was and there's at least 9 or so spots guaranteed to be opened.  However, with so many girls leaving between the start of Training Camp last year and the start of auditions this year, that may impact the total number of girls because they might think there's an issue with management.

I really hope Jinelle stays.

• Love 1
On ‎4‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 7:00 AM, 123DCCWoooo said:

APRN = advanced practice registered nurse.  It encompasses all the RN advanced practice designations (CRNA, NP, CNM, and CNS).

Count me as another RN that is happy to see Cersten go. #byefelicia

and this RN as well! 

• Love 4

On the podcast Jenna spoke about Whitney being her GL in her rookie year and referred to her as the ‘it girl’ as she had ‘pro bowl and point’. I wonder if that was a dig at KaShara and if K felt uncomfortable 

Edited by Katherine1904
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, Katherine1904 said:

On the podcast Jenna spoke about Whitney being her GL in her rookie year and referred to her as the ‘it girl’ as she had ‘pro bowl and point’. I wonder if that was a dig at KaShara and if K felt uncomfortable 

Well, if someone hadn't broken the rules.........

And KaShara worked her you-know-what off and deserved what she got.

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

Well, if someone hadn't broken the rules.........

And KaShara worked her you-know-what off and deserved what she got.

Whitney broke some rules too ? Don’t think her comment mattered to Kash. It didn’t sound pointed to me. Kash works hard sure, but she didn’t get that spot from 100% her own. Jenna, Holly and Erica would have certainly come before her had issues not happened. 

• Love 13
52 minutes ago, HowdeeDo said:

No announcement from Jinelle on the podcast.

It's not like we all wanted to know either. 

Since CMT has begun some kind of filming, I'm starting to believe some of this might be for the next season so is being kept under wraps.  But I'd love to be wrong and know sooner.  I hope Jinelle stays.  With the current exodus, the team could use her veteran expertise and proven representation of the organization.

Edited by go4luca
  • Love 3
58 minutes ago, Katherine1904 said:

Why would that be a dig? I’m not being accusatory, just curious if there was a weird undertone to the statement. Whitney was the “it girl” of the team her final season, and the same could be said about Kashara this year. It’s just the truth.

• Love 8
On 4/14/2018 at 6:47 PM, EricaShadows said:

I like KaShara at point as she has earned it.  Lacey got her butt in gear too late to earn it last year, if the rumors are true.  I seem to remember hearing that she didn't think there was any chance of her getting anywhere close to point, then Jenna got bounced out and KaShara stepped into her boots while Lacey was all "Oh crap! That could have been me!" and started amping everything up.  In those sort of situations, one should keep trying to better or improve oneself, no matter what happens as you never know who's watching.  If nothing else, I hope Lacey gets bumped up into the triangle, especially if Jinelle goes.  

I must be losing it...lol. I thought she was already up in the triangle. I thought it was Kashara, Jenna and Lacey. Please help my forgetful memory.

• Love 2
18 minutes ago, Jess14 said:

Why would that be a dig? I’m not being accusatory, just curious if there was a weird undertone to the statement. Whitney was the “it girl” of the team her final season, and the same could be said about Kashara this year. It’s just the truth.

Because it was intended Jenna would be the it girl this year and lost it

7 minutes ago, DCCFAN71 said:

I must be losing it...lol. I thought she was already up in the triangle. I thought it was Kashara, Jenna and Lacey. Please help my forgetful memory.

Yep, Kash Jenna and Lacey are the front 

• Love 1
5 hours ago, Katherine1904 said:

Courtney ask them who their group leaders were their rookie year. I do not think it was a dig at KaShara.

Whitney was the IT girl years ago, before Kashara was on the team, so I don’t think it was a dig at all. IT girls change frequently. 

Only subtly shade throw to me was at the beginning, when Courtney asked about everyone’s journey, and Jinelle and Jenna got all fidgety and wouldn’ look at Kashara when K described her journey, then suddenly became smiley and attentive again when Lacey started speaking.

i would presume though, that Jenna appreciated it when Courtney asked if any of them, as group leaders, got called into the office to talk about anything ‘good’/AKA juicy and looked straight at Jenna, and Kashara jumped in and said she was called in for being Yuko’s friend. Excellent diversion from the Jenna/Holly/Erica mess. You know they’re not going to talk about that so why even ask. 

• Love 2