Type keyword(s) to search

Current Squad 2017-2018: Media, Music, Videos & Show Group

sleepyjean
  • Start Topic

3 hours ago, ByTor said:

I'll sit at the table with the unpopular kids.  In that clip above it looked like she was adding some moves that IMO didn't go with the music.

I’m a huge fan of Cersten’s dancing. I think she can make a legit claim to being the best dancer on the team, but I agree regarding the clip above. It was just too much IMO. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Jess14 said:

I’m a huge fan of Cersten’s dancing. I think she can make a legit claim to being the best dancer on the team, but I agree regarding the clip above. It was just too much IMO. 

I had to re-watch the video.  I think she brought the swagger that is necessary for hip hop.  You get a little side eye for not liking it, but not the full business.  LOL.

However, I do actually agree that Cersten (based on the videos I have seen) is probably the best on the team, now that Jenna will be leaving.

• Love 4
10 minutes ago, hypeman said:

I had to re-watch the video.  I think she brought the swagger that is necessary for hip hop.  You get a little side eye for not liking it, but not the full business.  LOL.

However, I do actually agree that Cersten (based on the videos I have seen) is probably the best on the team, now that Jenna will be leaving.

I think Lacey is a much better over all DCC than Cersten. Being a good dancer is fine and dandy, but the girl needs to have the whole package, and I do not think Cersten has it.

13 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

I think Lacey is a much better over all DCC than Cersten. Being a good dancer is fine and dandy, but the girl needs to have the whole package, and I do not think Cersten has it.

1. I really like Lacey too.  Given her seniority/dance abilitiy, would have loved her for point.  She is a great DCC.
  2. I'm glad we agree that Cersten is the best dancer now.
  3. What are the components of "the total package" where Cersten is deficient?
  • Love 3

*lol* I do not think Cersten is the best dancer. She is talented, but I do not think she is the best one on the squad once Jenna leaves. I do remember someone saying Cersten thinks highly of herself aka kinda of snobby attitude and thinks the world resolves around her. Of course I take rumors with a grain of salt. I guess I just do not see the total package with her. I have my favorites and non favorites just like everyone else does on here.

1 hour ago, hypeman said:

Jenna and Cersten (gah her name is so phonetically wrong) are not even top ten IMO. Good riddance to Jenna and Cersten if she ever gets into med school. Or hey, maybe she'll become a nurse!

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, DanceChick said:

Jenna and Cersten (gah her name is so phonetically wrong) are not even top ten IMO. Good riddance to Jenna and Cersten if she ever gets into med school. Or hey, maybe she'll become a nurse!

I fainted there for a minute.

Are you saying that Jenna AND Cersten are not among the top ten dancers on the squad?

Ummm, . . . nevermind.  Just ignore that question.  I don't have the strength.

• Love 8
22 minutes ago, hypeman said:

Are you saying that Jenna AND Cersten are not among the top ten dancers on the squad?

Top 10, for me, means the “total package.” Jenna’s dancing is great, but I can’t get past her off-the-field antics. And Cersten’s dancing does nothing for me, as previously mentioned. Again, we don’t require consensus here.

True top 10? Go back and watch old clips of Nicole Hamilton. She’s arguably the best DCC of all-time.

• Love 7
43 minutes ago, hypeman said:

Do you know them or something? I can't imagine anyone thinking they're the best on the team. Give me Lacey, Maggie, Heather, Kash, etc. etc. etc. any day. They come off as snotty mean girls, too.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Anita said:

So she didn’t even complete a full season? Such a shame xx Thank you

Happens more often these days. Alexandria and Milan are also gone. Kalyssa left sometime around Christmas I believe. Maybe just after?

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, Runnergrl37 said:

If you are doing Top Ten's, i'd think you'd have to put Melissa (not rycroft icky icky) from Vegas in there.  Cersten, no way.  Jenna, maybe.  Early seasons Jenna. 

Oh, I was just talking current squad. No way would they even touch my top 50 of all time.

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, DanceChick said:

Do you know them or something? I can't imagine anyone thinking they're the best on the team. Give me Lacey, Maggie, Heather, Kash, etc. etc. etc. any day. They come off as snotty mean girls, too.

Everyone defines best dancer differently. Who’s the most versatile? Who’s trained the most? Best at DCC style? Who’s the most consistent? We could go in circles for days on who we think is the “best” I don’t think currently there’s anyone that checks off all of those (imo, that’s what I would consider the “best dancer”) Personally Jenna, Maddie, Tara, and Alexis check off a couple. 

• Love 3
1 minute ago, DanceChick said:

I know nothing of their actual personalities.  I believe the show to be partially staged/scripted and heavily edited.  Social media is just a slice of someone.

Therefore, I purposefully restrict my opinions to the dancing.  Which I judge on unedited videos I see posted here and on social media.

I can have my favorites, without talking trash about other ladies on the team.  I think every woman on the team works hard and is talented,   Each and every one of them have my respect.

• Love 7
3 minutes ago, HowdeeDo said:

Everyone defines best dancer differently. Who’s the most versatile? Who’s trained the most? Best at DCC style? Who’s the most consistent? We could go in circles for days on who we think is the “best” I don’t think currently there’s anyone that checks off all of those (imo, that’s what I would consider the “best dancer”) Personally Jenna, Maddie, Tara, and Alexis check off a couple. 

For me, it is not just the dancing part that makes the complete DCC. I  like a girl who I feel I could meet one day and have a nice conversation with. Someone I could laugh with and might be a friend with one day. A girl who is the real deal and does not take herself too seriously. Yesterday I was listening to the podcast, and I thought I could be friends with Christina even if she is not one of the most talented dancers on the team because I could relate to her not being able to swim, and she was laughing and joking around about it. The other girl was sweet and funny about not being able to swim or ride a bike. Two girls I would love to meet and talk with.

8 minutes ago, hypeman said:

I know nothing of their actual personalities.  I believe the show to be partially staged/scripted and heavily edited.  Social media is just a slice of someone.

Therefore, I purposefully restrict my opinions to the dancing.  Which I judge on unedited videos I see posted here and on social media.

I can have my favorites, without talking trash about other ladies on the team.  I think every woman on the team works hard and is talented,   Each and every one of them have my respect.

Meh, to each his own. I don't respect liars and brats.

• Love 6
6 minutes ago, HowdeeDo said:

For clarification I was only discussing “Best dancer” which is far different from the DCC package.

Kelly and Judy’s middle name is ‘subjective’.

I think she lost the ambassador title after the incident (though it wasn’t really her fault and most people were in her corner about it). She was an excellent DCC though. We can move to the former thread if need be mods. 

What incident? 

3 minutes ago, HowdeeDo said:

For clarification I was only discussing “Best dancer” which is far different from the DCC package.

Agreed. Liking someone or thinking they’re the total DCC is totally different than being the best dancer. If the response to “i think [insert dancer] is the best on the team”, is “no she’s not, she’s a brat,” then that’s not really refuting anything about said dancer’s dancing ability. 

Granted, i think they go hand in hand to an extent. I think it’s impossible to be a total DCC without being one of the top dancers on the team, yet one can be a top dancer without being the total package. For example, I don’t think Maddie really has the look to be the total package, but I’m sure many would put her as one of the top dancers on the team (not me, but i think you can make an argument for her). 

Top Ten in no particular order from the current team would be IMO: Lacey, Robin, Jenna, Cersten, Kelli, Stephanie, Kashara, Jinelle, Maggie, Amy. I didn’t add any rookies because I didn’t find any of them to be true standouts in the videos that I’ve seen. For the record, i find this group of ten much weaker than the previous year when i would’ve listed Jenna, Erica, Melissa, Holly, Megan C, Amy T, Jenn K, Jessica, Lacey, Cersten as top 10.

• Love 7
4 minutes ago, Jess14 said:

Agreed. Liking someone or thinking they’re the total DCC is totally different than being the best dancer. If the response to “i think [insert dancer] is the best on the team”, is “no she’s not, she’s a brat,” then that’s not really refuting anything about said dancer’s dancing ability. 

Granted, i think they go hand in hand to an extent. I think it’s impossible to be a total DCC without being one of the top dancers on the team, yet one can be a top dancer without being the total package. For example, I don’t think Maddie really has the look to be the total package, but I’m sure many would put her as one of the top dancers on the team (not me, but i think you can make an argument for her). 

Top Ten in no particular order from the current team would be IMO: Lacey, Robin, Jenna, Cersten, Kelli, Stephanie, Kashara, Jinelle, Maggie, Amy. I didn’t add any rookies because I didn’t find any of them to be true standouts in the videos that I’ve seen. For the record, i find this group of ten much weaker than the previous year when i would’ve listed Jenna, Erica, Melissa, Holly, Megan C, Amy T, Jenn K, Jessica, Lacey, Cersten as top 10.

Best post of the day!  This is really what I've been trying to say.

Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.

• Love 5

I agree with your current list except for Jenna, Cersten and Stephanie. I know Lauren did struggle during TC, but she and Alexis are my two favorite rookies. Like I said Christina may not be the best rookie dancer, but she did win me over yesterday after listening to the podcast. I was hoping Mandy was going to come back.  After watching a few videos of Maddie dancing, I do not see her appeal at all. She was off to the point she was going through the motions of trying to dance.

Edited by bigskygirl
20 minutes ago, Jess14 said:

Rethinking this, I would probably swap Gina with Amy. I forgot about Gina, but i do think that she is one of the top 10 dancers. She would be another one who, IMO, is a top dancer on the team but not the total DCC package, for a variety of reasons.

• Love 2

I was under the impression that Kelly and Judy normally put the best two dancers, in their opinion, first and last at solos.

Jenna opened last year.  Cersten closed,  IJS.

• Love 6

I remember Jennifer starting the solo portion one year, and she was on the team for only one year. She also was made an assistant group leader her second year.

Edited by bigskygirl
4 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

I remembered reading someplace Nicole Hamilton did not make the team the first time she tried out. I was surprised. Was she a Dallas Maverick Dancer before being a DCC?

Yes. She was for 3 years according to this bio. It also says she was a DCC for 6 years; I thought she only did 5 years.

https://www.reviewjournal.com/entertainment/shows/show-tell-meet-nicole-hamilton-of-vegas-the-show/

Justine P, Trisha & Crystal T, Michelle K, Kali, Jordan B, Sunni C were all Mavs Dancers before becoming DCCs

Edited by MrsEVH
  • Love 1

On a completely different note, what do y'all think about Amy L & her position in the triangle, group leader, etc next season?  She hasn't been on my radar until watching her dance on the prep class videos floating around on social media.  She seems like a strong dancer with a good personality and no weight issues.

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, rungirl said:

On a completely different note, what do y'all think about Amy L & her position in the triangle, group leader, etc next season?  She hasn't been on my radar until watching her dance on the prep class videos floating around on social media.  She seems like a strong dancer with a good personality and no weight issues.

She’ll be group leader and highly likely in the triangle. I wouldn’t mind her being point after Lacey. 

• Love 1

I definitely think Amy will be a group leader. As for the triangle, I would assume it would be Kashara with Lacey and Cersten on each side if all 3 return. That was the formation at the HOF game. If either Lacey or Cersten (or both retire), I could see Amy in the triangle, especially if Robyn also retires. Not a ton of choices at that point. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, HowdeeDo said:

She’ll be group leader and highly likely in the triangle. I wouldn’t mind her being point after Lacey. 

She will definitely be a group leader,but I don't think she will be in the triangle. If Robyn is really retiring, I can see Amy in her spot, or Cersten's spot(if she moves in the triangle).

• Love 2
2 hours ago, MrsEVH said:

Yes. She was for 3 years according to this bio. It also says she was a DCC for 6 years; I thought she only did 5 years.

https://www.reviewjournal.com/entertainment/shows/show-tell-meet-nicole-hamilton-of-vegas-the-show/

Justine P, Trisha & Crystal T, Michelle K, Kali, Jordan B, Sunni C were all Mavs Dancers before becoming DCCs

THANK YOU for this link.  I'd never seen it, and it just makes me love Nicole even more.  THAT'S what I feel is missing from the current squad(s) - gals like Nicole who are fabulous representatives of DCC without being snotty/getting a big head about her abilities, all while being a fabulous dancer.  Jenna and Cersten can't hold a candle to Nicole, IMHO.

• Love 5
7 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

All three girls are retiring? We know Maggie is leaving, but I was hoping Robin was going for another year. She is one of my favorite current DCC.

They have not come out and said they are for sure leaving except Maggie, it's speculation based off some comments in pod casts as to the amount of vets that are returning that some of the girls have made. 

On 3/22/2018 at 7:48 PM, Tootie said:

She has a very thin upper lip with a very thick bottom lip.  If you look back at her pictures on Instagram--college days having fun with her friends--it's the very same smile!  I don't believe it's fake; THAT is her smile!!

Her smile reminds me of Reba McEntire...

I have that smile. I have no top lip. It does look fake, but it's just our smiles. I'm a member of the disappearing top lip club.

• Love 3
20 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

All three girls are retiring? We know Maggie is leaving, but I was hoping Robin was going for another year. She is one of my favorite current DCC.

12 hours ago, Txmomof2 said:

They have not come out and said they are for sure leaving except Maggie, it's speculation based off some comments in pod casts as to the amount of vets that are returning that some of the girls have made. 

what day are the commitment letters  due for those DCC who are going or staying next season?

On 3/23/2018 at 11:40 AM, 123DCCWoooo said:

Top 10, for me, means the “total package.” Jenna’s dancing is great, but I can’t get past her off-the-field antics. And Cersten’s dancing does nothing for me, as previously mentioned. Again, we don’t require consensus here.

True top 10? Go back and watch old clips of Nicole Hamilton. She’s arguably the best DCC of all-time.

Nicole was beautiful and a solid dancer, but she suuuuure did fail that test her fourth (?) year. I thought Kelli was gonna blow a gasket. It was a long walk down from that top row to get her F. 

• Love 5
31 minutes ago, kalibean said:

Nicole was beautiful and a solid dancer, but she suuuuure did fail that test her fourth (?) year. I thought Kelli was gonna blow a gasket. It was a long walk down from that top row to get her F. 

It was Season 3 when she flunked the test. She was called out along with Erica Jenkins in the locker room during the first TC practice. She may have flunked her test, but she still was one of the top DCCs since the show started. Jenna and Cersten do not come close to her. In my opinion, the squads since Season 6 have not come close to the squads they had from Seasons 1 to 5.

I thought when Nicole flunked the test, they had the candidates arranged in a seating order based on score. Nicole was down towards the front cuz she failed miserably. The locker room call out was in addition to the seating arrangement at the first meeting. But perhaps I’m misremembering.

1 minute ago, PrincessLeia said:

I thought when Nicole flunked the test, they had the candidates arranged in a seating order based on score. Nicole was down towards the front cuz she failed miserably. The locker room call out was in addition to the seating arrangement at the first meeting. But perhaps I’m misremembering.

I thought the year they did seating arrangement was for overall score after finals. 

1 minute ago, HowdeeDo said:

I thought the year they did seating arrangement was for overall score after finals. 

Maybe.... but wasn’t Nicole there and there’s no way she bombed anything but the test. But like I said, I could definitely be getting two episodes confused. Maybe the locker room scene was the test. 

Yeah. I think you’re right.

8 minutes ago, PrincessLeia said:

Season 4 was the year they had the girls sitting arranged in how they scored at finals. Melissa Kellerman, Justine Phillips, Michelle Keys and Amy Reese were the four low scoring vets.