Type keyword(s) to search

Current Squad 2017-2018: Media, Music, Videos & Show Group

sleepyjean
  • Start Topic

If a girl gets a Barbie for their solo finals performance, it means they have made it into TC. I do not think Kelli would hand out a Barbie to a girl who did not make it into TC. Some girls may have a great solo routine, but they cannot get the DCC style down in TC, and some girls may have a half way decent solo routine, but they can nail the DCC style. In my opinion, I do not think the girls should be brought into TC just because the judges and especially Kelli and Charlotte like the girl's solos or because they like their looks even if they cannot dance worth a darn.

1 hour ago, bigskygirl said:

Remember when Melissa the Mentor said Heather was vanilla or a blender and look how far she came. I personally do not care for Savannah, and I agree getting ROTY does not save you from being cut at finals. I am happy for Robin because she is so adorable, a hard worker, and the complete DCC. On the subject of Jinelle not winning anything. I do not see what the big deal of winning something while being a DCC. Yes, it is nice to be VOTY or Pro Girl Rep, but it does seem the girls like her, and she was a group leader this year.

I also think there will be a few one and two year vets who could be on the bubble at finals. Season 6 had 13 opens spots at finals. Olivia S. was cut at finals, Joannah left right before finals started because she found she was pregnant, and Kaitlyn LeGrand was cut during TC. They ended up with 17 rookies that year. Season 7 had five one year vets cut at finals. Kelli decided to go with 39 girls instead of 34 girls, and there were 19 rookies (ten extra spots were open because five vets were cut at finals, and five more spots were available since the squad increased to 39 girls.) There will be 13 spots open this year, but more spots does not necessarily mean no vets will be cut at finals or cut during TC.

I can see Lacey, Amy, KaShara and Heather as group leaders with Tasha, Madeline, Tess, and possibly Khalyn as assistant leaders.

Agreed on your GL1 and 2 choices except maybe I'd add Kelli in the mix.  I keep thinking back to K&J's discussion with Tasha thanking her for her maturity.  I felt like that was foreshadowing of things to come.  I am adding Kelli because I think the new GL definition will be mature and non-partier.  

• Love 2
5 hours ago, Runnergrl37 said:

Savannah just secured her spot for next year.  

They need her she is the only red head for calendar.  She really did look good in the calendar photo shoot a couple of days ago.

• Love 1
(edited)

Another cute shot of all the rookies.  Thanks to everyone for sharing their finds.  Can't imagine what the audition speculation process here will be like, lol.

mollyneumeister_4_5_2018_9_4_42_697.jpg

38 minutes ago, 5678Pixie said:

She really did look good in the calendar photo shoot a couple of days ago.

True dat.  She has a great figure for swimsuits.

Edited by go4luca
  • Love 4
13 minutes ago, 5678Pixie said:

They need her she is the only red head for calendar.  She really did look good in the calendar photo shoot a couple of days ago.

They don’t need her because of her hair color. Kelli can turn anyone into a red head in a couple of hours. 

ROTY may be a team favorite award, and that’s great that she’s loved and all, but I don’t believe that K&J and judges should use that as a reason NOT to cut her. If her dancing isn’t up to par then they should be fair during auditions. 

• Love 3
12 minutes ago, dccfan204 said:

Savannah is 10000% safe for next year. I highly doubt they will cut anyone considering how many vets are retiring! The squad can't be half rookies.

Season 6 had 17 rookies with a squad of 34 girls. Season 7 had 19 rookies with a squad of 39 girls. This year 23 vets are trying out again with one four year vet, two three year vets, nine two year vets, and eleven one year vets. 13 spots are available as long as the team stays with 36 squad members. Cuts might be made, and to be honest about it, I think there are a few two year and one year vets who are on the bubble. Savannah may have been voted by her teammates as ROTY, but the judges, Judy and especially Kelli and Charlotte have the final say so in which vets come back.

47 minutes ago, ByTor said:

Not a fan of Molly's outfit.

Me neither, nor am i a fan of Miranda-her large chest sticking out and the nap sack look she has going on

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, HowdeeDo said:

They don’t need her because of her hair color. Kelli can turn anyone into a red head in a couple of hours. 

ROTY may be a team favorite award, and that’s great that she’s loved and all, but I don’t believe that K&J and judges should use that as a reason NOT to cut her. If her dancing isn’t up to par then they should be fair during auditions. 

They should, but they won't be. Watch as Victoria Kalina gets into TC while girls like Kaitlyn and Lacey get randomly rejected again.

I definitely think GL1 will be Lacey, Kash, Amy and Heather, but only because those were last year's leaders. As for GL2, again they have limited options. Tbh though, after all these years of having absolute stunners and great dancers as GL, i don't like the idea of Madeline (who will always look like a junior dcc) as GL. But I get that they need mature people so... i also think Madeline will move to  Cersten's position in the formation and Heather in Robin's (if she isn't in the triangle).

Might be unpopular opinion as well, but Alexis doesn't photograph well. I think she is an absolute stunner but for some reason I don't like her photos. Rachel on the other hand I think photographs extremely well and I've seen videos of her outdancing the rest of the rookies. I definitely think she's here to stay.

11 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:
30 minutes ago, dccfan204 said:

Savannah is 10000% safe for next year. I highly doubt they will cut anyone considering how many vets are retiring! The squad can't be half rookies.

Season 6 had 17 rookies with a squad of 34 girls. Season 7 had 19 rookies with a squad of 39 girls.

Yeah, I think they absolutely will have a squad where half are rookies if those girls outdance the vets.  Their "no vet is safe" stance is consistent...unless your name starts with a "C" and ends in an "assie."  Sorry, I like her, but I couldn't help myself :)

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, ByTor said:

Yeah, I think they absolutely will have a squad where half are rookies if those girls outdance the vets.  Their "no vet is safe" stance is consistent...unless your name starts with a "C" and ends in an "assie."  Sorry, I like her, but I couldn't help myself :)

Ha! There have been a few "favorites" who were save due to Kelli and Charlotte liking them. There seems to be no rhyme or reason why certain girls get cut or certain girls who should have been cut for weight, breaking the rules etc. etc. are still on the team.

(edited)
1 hour ago, go4luca said:

She wasn't the only one wearing this style.

mollyneumeister_4_5_2018_8_56_39_519.jpg

Nothing personal, I just don't like jumpsuits much.

Edited by ByTor
  • Love 4
59 minutes ago, 5678Pixie said:

They need her she is the only red head for calendar.

43 minutes ago, HowdeeDo said:

As a lifelong natural redhead, nothing makes me madder than girls with dyed red hair. You didn't EARN it, you didn't have to go through childhood being called Carrot Top, Freckle Face, and Fire Crotch (though that one didn't start until high school). Whenever I see an obvious dye job, I give the girl a dirty look. Ha!

• Love 7

While it will not surprise me if one or two rookies get cut, I could absolutely see each of them making it back. It will be funny though if the weakest rookie class in years is the one in which all of the girls make it back the following year.

• Love 3

I think we will see at least three cuts between the one and two year girls. Last year at finals three vets were cut along with two vets leaving during TC. Five extra spots were open. At least three girls were called into the office for weight (Tasha, Stephanie and Selina.) Girls with two or more years are not always safe. Jasmine was a three year vet when she was cut. I guess it depends on how talented the finalists are compared to the reauditioning vets.

(edited)
3 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

I do not see what the big deal of winning something while being a DCC. Yes, it is nice to be VOTY or Pro Girl Rep, but it does seem the girls like her, and she was a group leader this year.

The big deal of winning something is that recognition in the workplace makes you feel good and justifies the work you put in. Being made a group leader is like being promoted to a management position. Winning an award is like being told, “Hey you’re doing a good job.” Kind of a no brainer imo. Of course she would have liked to win an award. I’m not saying that missing out on vet of the year ruins Jinelle’s entire DCC experience, but she gave a lot to the organization and she definitely would have been deserving. That said Robin is deserving too, but I do wish Jinelle would have won.

Edited by Raccoon
  • Love 8
4 hours ago, parrotfeathers said:

So Jinelle has never "won" anything?
I think Gina is going to be appointed to something this year.  I don't know what and I don't know why I think it unless it's just because she can dance.

Re: Gina, I think they will move her up significantly in the formation & keep an eye on her for at least another year to see if she's being fake or otherwise toxic on the team since getting called out. That face Kelli made when Gina tried to BS her during training camp said, Not Impressed. 

• Love 1

I remembered reading someplace on the internet being Pro Bowl Rep or a group leader is the highest honor for a DCC. Sometimes I think being VOTY or ROTY is more of a popularity contest instead of a honor. I am not saying it is not a big deal to the girl who gets the award, but to be honest about it, I think I would rather be a group or assistant group leader, or having TC Candidates or rookies coming to be for help because to me it says hey I am doing a good job, and they trust me to a good role model for the girls.

18 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

I remembered reading someplace on the internet being Pro Bowl Rep or a group leader is the highest honor for a DCC. Sometimes I think being VOTY or ROTY is more of a popularity contest instead of a honor. I am not saying it is not a big deal to the girl who gets the award, but to be honest about it, I think I would rather be a group or assistant group leader, or having TC Candidates or rookies coming to be for help because to me it says hey I am doing a good job, and they trust me to a good role model for the girls.

i do see what you are saying.  I also think for *me* personally I'd rather be a ROTY or VOTY.  It's sort of like the Miss Congeniality award which is what i would have been most honored to win if i'd done pageants, even more than talent winner or something LOL  yes, you are all allowed to laugh at me for that ;) 

• Love 1
(edited)

Jenna posted some pictures.

Is that Khalyn in the third picture. Do not like the dress she is wearing, but I think she looks better with her hair styled this way.

5 minutes ago, nittanyvolleyball said:

Adding Khalyn here too

I admit I do not see her appeal either. The only reauditioning vets I am rooting for are Lacey, Amy, KaShara, Heather, Lauren, Christina, Alexis, and Lexie. I cannot remember the names or faces of the other vets trying out again.

Edited by bigskygirl
4 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

Jenna posted some pictures.

Is that Khalyn in the third picture. Do not like the dress she is wearing, but I think she looks better with her hair styled this way.

I admit I do not see her appeal either. The only reauditioning vets I am rooting for are Lacey, Amy, KaShara, Lauren, Christina, Alexis, and Lexie. I cannot remember the names or faces of the other vets trying out again.

If we're gonna go with Khalyn or Keyra, I'll go with Khalyn since she has a nice tall figure

(edited)

I would take Khalyn over Keyra too.  I do not see her appeal either, but I think Khalyn seems to more of a down to earth DCC than Keyra is. Unpopular opinion, but I think Keyra seems a little phony and more of a kiss up to me.

Maggie's pictures:

Edited by bigskygirl

Outside of both being black girls, I don’t find Khalyn and Keyra to be similar at all. Different looks, different body types, and different styles. I do think Keyra could be in trouble if they suddenly decide that they don’t like her body (although it’s the same as last year IMO). The team is losing a big chunk of their diversity with Jenna, Robyn, Simone, and Cersten retiring though, so I kind of think that she’s safe unless she just has an awful tryouts. 

• Love 9

I loveeee Khalyn.  she seems like she's kind of sassy and spunky and she's just so beautiful.  Her swimsuit pics last year were some of my very favorites. Usually i love her style too but that dress is a miss for me. she also seems very into her job (teaching) and has solid technique (her solo was in pointe shoes one year) 

• Love 11
(edited)

I do not think Khalyn will be cut. I also think she could be in the running for assistant group leader. In the case of Keyra, I think she looks the biggest of all the girls, so she may be on the bubble for size wise. I see nothing wrong with her shape, but Kelli and Charlotte may take a look at her and say the uniform is forgiving. They may also take her back to TC in order to make an example out of her in relations to her weight and shape before cutting her. They have done it in the past with one year vets. It may also depend on how diverse the girls trying out during prelims, semi-finals, and who can be their A game to finals while competing with the vets. We have seen in the past about girls we thought were going to be fine, but they were cut at finals aka last year at finals with Raylee and little Heather.

Edited by bigskygirl

I think Khalyn will be fine. I think she's the total package.

I do wonder whether Keyra was taken as part and parcel with Cersten, who they simply loved. Kind of like the Brooke/Stephanie H. dynamic. All the outside choreographers loved Keyra, but Kelli and Judy seemed kind of cool on her. I hope she makes it back. I like her.

• Love 6
(edited)
1 hour ago, bigskygirl said:

I would take Khalyn over Keyra too.  I do not see her appeal either, but I think Khalyn seems to more of a down to earth DCC than Keyra is. Unpopular opinion, but I think Keyra seems a little phony and more of a kiss up to me.

Maggie's pictures:

What's with the green star on the boot? Is it for those who are retiring?

DcXrLzSVQAETQLt.jpg

Edited by MrsEVH
  • Love 1
36 minutes ago, cgloss said:

I do wonder whether Keyra was taken as part and parcel with Cersten, who they simply loved. Kind of like the Brooke/Stephanie H. dynamic. All the outside choreographers loved Keyra, but Kelli and Judy seemed kind of cool on her. I hope she makes it back. I like her.

I actually think this (or a variation of this) happened with Ashton and Alyssa Torres. Now, it’s slightly different because I definitely think Alyssa made the team in her own right. However, I doubt she would’ve been cut had Ashton not retired that year. 

• Love 2
1 minute ago, RazzleberryPie said:

Injury is the only think that could possibly get Khalyn cut, but I doubt if they cut her. She’s gorgeous, in shape, great technique, personable, etc. 

I actually thought she was Jacie when I saw the banquet photos

• Love 2
1 minute ago, Jess14 said:

I actually think this (or a variation of this) happened with Ashton and Alyssa Torres. Now, it’s slightly different because I definitely think Alyssa made the team in her own right. However, I doubt she would’ve been cut had Ashton not retired that year. 

I ? agree. I liked Alyssa and thought she was prettier and less ‘fake’ looking than Ashton. I think Alyssa could’ve made it on her own, but it absolutely helped bring Ashton’s sister, and I agree they would’ve kept them both if Ashton hadn’t retired. I think there were several cut due to personality/reliability etc that year. 

• Love 1
4 hours ago, ByTor said:

I could have sworn there was one ROTY who was cut the following year.  Does anyone remember this or am I wrong?

Olivia S.   Wasn’t even mentioned on the show.

• Love 1
Just now, nittanyvolleyball said:

I actually thought she was Jacie when I saw the banquet photos

I can see that. Khalyn just looks so sophisticated/old school high fashion super modely to me. Jacie is slightly more Barbie to me, but both are gorgeous. 

• Love 3

Idk why y'all don't like Savannah. She is beautiful, a great dancer, seems nice- not bratty and is fun to watch! Idk what else you'd want from her!

4 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

If a girl gets a Barbie for their solo finals performance, it means they have made it into TC. I do not think Kelli would hand out a Barbie to a girl who did not make it into TC. Some girls may have a great solo routine, but they cannot get the DCC style down in TC, and some girls may have a half way decent solo routine, but they can nail the DCC style. In my opinion, I do not think the girls should be brought into TC just because the judges and especially Kelli and Charlotte like the girl's solos or because they like their looks even if they cannot dance worth a darn.

No one gets a Barbie UNTIL training camp has started...

• Love 4
59 minutes ago, cgloss said:

I think a part of the reason why she made the team was Cersten because she said she tried out at least two times before finally making the team. I also think Kelli liked her, but Judy did seemed kind of cool to her. In the case of Alyssa Torres getting cut at finals her second year, she was cut due to a bad interview and gaining weight. I think Kelli said she was called out for weight during her rookie season. I do not think she would have made it back her second year if Ashton tried out again, but I do think she would have made it her rookie year even if Ashton was not on the squad. I still cannot believe Stephanie H. made the team because she was not losing weight. She is definitely one I could never understand all the fuss made over her. Olivia S. was cut at finals because she got into with Cassie during the calendar shoot because *gasp* the rookies got more time in front of the camera. Judy told the judges Olivia was toxic leading to her being cut. This is probably one of the few times Judy actually got her way when it came to a vet or TC Candidate getting cut or making it into TC because she is usually overruled by Kelli and Charlotte.

4 hours ago, ByTor said:

Nothing personal, I just don't like jumpsuits much.

Me either. And you basically have to get naked every time you need to go to the bathroom. No thanks!

• Love 8
1 hour ago, RazzleberryPie said:

Khalyn just looks so sophisticated/old school high fashion super modely to me.

She does to me too.  I love Khalyn, she is the only one I ever felt compelled to vote for back when they had the fan pick.

5 minutes ago, BlueSilver said:

Me either. And you basically have to get naked every time you need to go to the bathroom. No thanks!

LOL! Very inconvenient with my almost 50-year-old bladder :)

• Love 4

Kalyn's outfit did say 1920's or 1930's outfit wise to me which is nice to see on a DCC instead of the regular style outfits the girls wear (does this make sense?) I also like her hair. I think both her and Jacie look better with their hair styled like that. No offense to either one because they both look good.