Type keyword(s) to search

Current Squad 2017-2018: Media, Music, Videos & Show Group

sleepyjean
  • Start Topic

The DCC Instagram page posted a little feature on Jinelle. They've only done that for Jenna and Robin so far, who are both retiring. Does this mean we can assume that Jinelle is retiring? Noooo :( :( 

On ‎4‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 4:15 PM, DancingNurse said:

By no means am I saying anything bad about Lauren. She has her whole life to work as a nurse, so her taking a "lighter" nursing job for a couple of years while she still has the opportunity to dance at this level is a very smart move.

For what it's worth, I didn't think you were saying anything bad.  Working in critical care along with the rehearsals, games, appearances (remember, she's in show group) is a recipe for burnout!

• Love 3

If Jinelle and Bess retire (nooo), my predictions for next year are...

Group leaders: Lacey, Kashara, Amy L, Heather O

2nd leaders: Chantel, Tasha, Kelli, Tess (or Khalyn)

The blondes are bolded since K & J like to spread them out                                                                                       

Kashara/Lacey

Kashara/Lacey                 Amy L

Heather O                   Madeline               Kelli

Khalyn               Chantel                           Tess             Tasha 

Lexie             Tara                           Gina                    Molly              Keyra

Alexis        Jessika                Yuko                               Tara              Selina          Lauren      

Rachel                      Christina           Savannah

3 hours ago, dccfan204 said:

If Jinelle and Bess retire (nooo), my predictions for next year are...

Group leaders: Lacey, Kashara, Amy L, Heather O

2nd leaders: Chantel, Tasha, Kelli, Tess (or Khalyn)

The blondes are bolded since K & J like to spread them out                                                                                       

Kashara/Lacey

Kashara/Lacey                 Amy L

Heather O                   Madeline               Kelli

Khalyn               Chantel                           Tess             Tasha 

Lexie             Tara                           Gina                    Molly              Keyra

Alexis        Jessika                Yuko                               Tara              Selina          Lauren      

Rachel                      Christina           Savannah

Even though I don't dislike any of the girls in the formation you have here, I find it SO underwhelming! 

I don't want Jinelle to retire :(

• Love 4
7 hours ago, JayDKay said:

Even though I don't dislike any of the girls in the formation you have here, I find it SO underwhelming! 

I don't want Jinelle to retire :(

Agreed. They really need a strong rookie class this year. Maybe some girls will really step up this year, but otherwise, that is the most boring triangle/formation I can remember. 

I do think Rachel and Gina will have more visible positions though. 

Im hopeful that we see more diversity in the training camp group this year as well.

Edited by Jess14
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, parrotfeathers said:

Gina is an excellent dancer.  Why would they stick her in the middle of the pack?

I’d rotate Gina/khalyn/Madeline to put Madeline on the edge, Gina in the diamond and Khalyn in the middle. Khalyn seems to be injured a lot, so easier to replace someone at risk in the middle. I’m not sold on Amy in the triangle, but really nobody jumps out to me either. 

Lauren's in show group, I can't imagine she'll be too far back.  She did have some mistakes in TC, but I haven't heard anything about her having issues during the season. For those of you (like @PrincessLeia) who do go to games, did Lauren look good?

55 minutes ago, RazzleberryPie said:

I’d rotate Gina/khalyn/Madeline to put Madeline on the edge, Gina in the diamond and Khalyn in the middle. Khalyn seems to be injured a lot, so easier to replace someone at risk in the middle. I’m not sold on Amy in the triangle, but really nobody jumps out to me either. 

Tasha maybe? She was in show group this year and definitely has the look. Although if Jinelle returns, i could see them putting her there. They’ve never really put her in prominent positions before in terms of the formation, but they don’t have a ton of options. 

3 hours ago, Jess14 said:

Tasha maybe? She was in show group this year and definitely has the look. Although if Jinelle returns, i could see them putting her there. They’ve never really put her in prominent positions before in terms of the formation, but they don’t have a ton of options. 

Hey everyone!  Multi-year lurker, first time poster.  Jess14, I agree!  I think Tasha will definitely be more visible this season.  When Kelli called her in to comment on her improvement and her maturity I think she was already thinking that some stable, mature DCC's would be required after last year's fiasco.  Also, re the teary convo with Jinelle, has any theorized that Jinelle is sick?  I certainly hope not, but without a retirement announcement following the teary remark, I am concerned!

• Love 2
On ‎4‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 6:07 PM, dccfan204 said:

The DCC Instagram page posted a little feature on Jinelle. They've only done that for Jenna and Robin so far, who are both retiring. Does this mean we can assume that Jinelle is retiring? Noooo :( :( 

I saw one for Simone also. I am hoping Jinelle will come back for another season, but so far it does not look like she will. I will now go cry in my root beer.

Was draft day just a performance for show group? I didn’t think so since Simone was there, but it didn’t look like Kelsey performed. CMT cameras were there, so maybe some of the draft day hoopla will be shown this season. 

17 minutes ago, cgloss said:

Was draft day just a performance for show group? I didn’t think so since Simone was there, but it didn’t look like Kelsey performed. CMT cameras were there, so maybe some of the draft day hoopla will be shown this season. 

13 Show Group(*) + 7 others...

Kelli*, Cersten*, Maddie*, Lexie, KaShara*, Simone, Tasha*, Robin*, Lacey*, Tess, Stephanie*, Khalyn, Maggie*, Amy, Jinelle*, Gina*, Jessika, Jenna*, Lauren*, Keyra

DbvNyrlVwAAbWwQ.jpg

• Love 5

I hope Jinelle gets VOTY too, especially of it is her last year.  Lauren I think deserves ROTY too. She to me has the potential to be rock star DVD. She's got the looks, dance and personality to charm your socks off. 

• Love 8

I think Amy said the banquet will be at the end of April. They are having new Cowboys draft members activities this week, so it may be tonight. Swimsuit fittings are next Tuesday.

Edited by bigskygirl
On 4/16/2018 at 11:47 AM, dccfan204 said:

Updated list... just waiting on Jinelle, Bess, Yuko, Kelsey, & Madeline. 

1. Jenna
2. Jinelle (not confirmed, strongly suspected)
3. Lacey ✔️
4. Kashara ✔️
5. Amy L ✔️
6. Bess (not confirmed, based off comments and surgery)
7. Robin
8. Heather O ✔️

9. Simone
10. Chantel ✔️
11. Stephanie

12. Maggie
13. Selina ✔️
14. Yuko ✔️ (not confirmed, but working on solo)
15. Kelli ✔️
16. Jessika ✔️
17. Kelsey
18. Tess ✔️
19. Tasha ✔️
20. Khalyn ✔️
21. Cersten
22. Madeline (No word)
23. Milan

24. Tara ✔️
25. Savannah ✔️
26. Rachel ✔️
27. Molly ✔️
28. Miranda ✔️
29. Lexie ✔️
30. Lauren ✔️
31. Keyra ✔️
32. Gina ✔️
33. Christina ✔️
34. Alexis ✔️
35. Kalyssa
36. Alexandria

Ok if Kelly said 23 vets are returning to tryouts, here is what we have so far.   Based on numbers Madeline would be retiring, assuming the returning on this list is correct and someone hasn't changed their mind.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, parrotfeathers said:

I know I'm in the minority but I really don't understand why girls retiring just don't say so instead of dragging it out.

I agree but I got a feeling it might be something to do with their contract. Or that they been told not to by K+J. Or some don't even even decide until closer to end of season. I mean did Cersten give her "I will return" in the Jan/Feb deadline for vets to return/retire but then decided when she got into medical school to leave? 

Maddie too? Wow, and I thought last years team was weak.... I’m not even a huge fan of Maddie’s dancing, but I’m sad to see her go if it’s true that she is also retiring. At this rate, I wouldn’t be surprised if K&J all but begged Kashara and Lacey to return. It’s that bad.

• Love 1

I wouldn't be surprised if what happened with Erica this year and the two years of Jenna/Holly issues really took a strain on people and their relationships, both with the team itself and each other.  Given how long everything has been drawn out, I wouldn't be surprised if there wasn't an issue with gossip, if only between the girls, especially with how management has been handling things.  There hasn't been an even-handedness with punishments for a while now and we've heard how favorites get away with just about everything short of murder while others, well, don't.  In a way, it's a repeat of season 5 (?) where a large group of vets left the squad.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, EricaShadows said:

I wouldn't be surprised if what happened with Erica this year and the two years of Jenna/Holly issues really took a strain on people and their relationships, both with the team itself and each other.  Given how long everything has been drawn out, I wouldn't be surprised if there wasn't an issue with gossip, if only between the girls, especially with how management has been handling things.  There hasn't been an even-handedness with punishments for a while now and we've heard how favorites get away with just about everything short of murder while others, well, don't.  In a way, it's a repeat of season 5 (?) where a large group of vets left the squad.

Oh definitely. I'm sure there are internal issues, and I would say that the Holly/Jenna/Erica debacle was itself, at least in part, a result of the internal management issues on the team that have seemingly went on for years. Likewise, both Cersten and Keyra seemed none too jazzed (I was surprised that they let it show) about CMT/the show in general when they were on the podcast, so I wonder if that is another issue driving people away. I'm sure its a initially a draw for many girls, but I can see how it can get old quick. 

Really though, it's not even so much how many girls have left/are leaving over the last 2 years, but who. Jenn K., Melissa, Jenna, Maggie, Holly, Danielle, Kelsey, Cersten, Erica, Jessica, Robyn, Kalyssa (nude pics aside lol), Megan C, Amy T, etc.... Imo, other than Kashara and Lacey, these were/all basically all of the best dancers and/or most glamorous or visible girls on the team. Unfortunately, and through some of their own choices, they haven't been replacing them with dancers of the same level. It's why its so critical that they have a rookie class of power dancers. This is not the year for "she can't kick, but she's oh so pretty, so let's take her into training camp over better dancers" or "she's always chasing the music, but she's poised and a redhead, so lets take her." 

• Love 3

I would not say Kelsey is one of the best dancers on the team, but she did bring in the fans with her looks and personality along with the fact she did improve dance skill wise after her rookie year. Danielle was not a power house dancer either, but she did have male and fan appeal. In the case of Cersten and Keyra, if they do not care for the show or CMT, they should have thought about it before trying out. I think the girls leaving this year has a lot to do with what is going on behind the scenes. Judy, and especially Kelli and Charlotte may have been laying down the law more this season after the Holly/Erica/Jenna situation, Alexandria leaving after the season started, Milan leaving in November, and Kalyssa leaving or getting cut because she wanted a modeling career. In my opinion, the last two years of rookie classes have left a lot to be desired. I think the squad started going downhill after Season 5. Yes, there have been girls who have the entire package, but it seems since Season 8 or should I say the dreaded Season 8, the quality of the team has went downhill fast, and it has not really improved.

I have I have no doubt that the show is part of the reason that less quality girls are coming in. Girls who use it as a spring board into more reality tv shows, or just want their 5 min of fame and turn out to be only 1 or 2 year girls at most. Those who are truly on the team because it has been their dream have to have an issue with that, and I don't blame them. But at the same time you have to know what you are getting into. 

I also think the issues this year have caused some to jump ship earlier than they may have initially planned.   There is no way everything that happened didn't cause ripples and drama in the locker room.   

I hope at auditions there is a big group of talent to pick from. I see a couple of shining stars from the rookies but not all. And honestly, a total clean sweep/blood bath clearing of the squad may not be a bad thing. 

• Love 4
2 hours ago, EricaShadows said:

I wouldn't be surprised if what happened with Erica this year and the two years of Jenna/Holly issues really took a strain on people and their relationships, both with the team itself and each other.  

Yep.  The same suspicion I voiced a few days ago.  Maybe some just said enough of the drama and didn't want to put themselves in that situation any longer.  Who knows what we're not privy to behind the scenes.  When it stops being fun or worth all the time invested, on a personal basis, it may not be worth it.  I wouldn't blame anyone for feeling as such.

• Love 3

Bess's quote on this pix "bessann?? you’re my favorite. I feel this, I felt this my entire dcc career. Get after ittttttt sister".  Makes me wonder how much stress they all had this year on the team.  I was surprised to hear Bess admit it.  

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Jess14 said:

Oh definitely. I'm sure there are internal issues, and I would say that the Holly/Jenna/Erica debacle was itself, at least in part, a result of the internal management issues on the team that have seemingly went on for years. Likewise, both Cersten and Keyra seemed none too jazzed (I was surprised that they let it show) about CMT/the show in general when they were on the podcast, so I wonder if that is another issue driving people away. I'm sure its a initially a draw for many girls, but I can see how it can get old quick. 

Really though, it's not even so much how many girls have left/are leaving over the last 2 years, but who. Jenn K., Melissa, Jenna, Maggie, Holly, Danielle, Kelsey, Cersten, Erica, Jessica, Robyn, Kalyssa (nude pics aside lol), Megan C, Amy T, etc.... Imo, other than Kashara and Lacey, these were/all basically all of the best dancers and/or most glamorous or visible girls on the team. Unfortunately, and through some of their own choices, they haven't been replacing them with dancers of the same level. It's why its so critical that they have a rookie class of power dancers. This is not the year for "she can't kick, but she's oh so pretty, so let's take her into training camp over better dancers" or "she's always chasing the music, but she's poised and a redhead, so lets take her." 

That's so true! It's not like all of these girls were amazing dancers, but they all had a certain "something" and were memorable. And honestly? I don't think the problem is they are getting less quality/total package girls. The problem is that they pick girls for the wrong reasons (sorry to say that but Kalyssa wasn't a good enough dancer and it was quite obvious she was going to quit as soon as she could), while girls like Lacey are cut for no reason at all. And even in TC, they keep girls who have nothing going for them except for the fact that Kelli likes them for some reason. And those are the girls who will stick around because those who have other options will absolutely leave to chase after their dreams.

• Love 3
26 minutes ago, 5678Pixie said:

DCC Madline just said "Last appearance before earning those boots back"

So she will be returning

THANK GOD. 

Though that makes 24 returning on our count, not counting Jinelle who is pretty much a lock to retire now. Wonder who we missed or maybe changed their mind? 

Edited by HowdeeDo
33 minutes ago, 5678Pixie said:

DCC Madline just said "Last appearance before earning those boots back"

So she will be returning

YES!!!

madeline_massingill_28_4_2018_14_59_28_39.jpg

Edited by go4luca
  • Love 1

Ok so been rewatching current season but is it me or does anyone know why itunes some what removed episode 1 and 3? I live in the uk and made a us itunes to back watch some of the seasons so I cant watch any of the seasons on eg cmt (certainly not getting amazon because I know Amazon do have the tendency of removing some of the "originally shown" footage, judging by previous posts in other threads etc).

Looking at episode 4 - alumni episode - is it me or does that episode get some of the the alumni info wrong eg I thought Shelly cheered for 5yrs but that episode made it look like she only cheered for 3 seasons 1989 to 1990, 1990 to 1991 and 1994-1995 season. Doesn't Kelly check or even "actually" check the final products before it is shown? 

This year is a (and to quote Judy) "a hot mess" in terms of editing, and after the show eg during season.  Idc about Cersten she is a liar in my eyes and I don't and never understood how K+J didn't call her out on it in terms of what she "says" she does esp in the DCC bio's. Everyone this season is just "blah" to me. Blah as in I cant remember any of them in terms of faces and whether they are "good/bad" besides Jenna, Holly, Jinelle, Robin and Kelli S. (I also vaguely remember someone here saying they didnt understand why some like Kelli S and Yuko had their last name initials added to their DCC twitter. digging deeper found someone with a DCC Kelli twitter handle and DCC Yuko twitter.

Personally I think K+J needs to  be more tougher. Its like Kalyassa leaving .. they should be asking the girls "What do you hope to get out of DCC". Like in terms of Kaylassa leaving so close to the end of season (I am guessing she left sometime between Jan and March right?) .  I know it is most of the girls Dreams to become a DCC but there are people like Kalyassa who took someones spot because she wanted to use it for her "modelling career". Shes a beautiful girl, dont get me wrong. There are people like Jenna who should have been asked "what do you hope to get out of THIS YEAR )after all that drama" and she was brought in a second time to be "talked to" about her toxic situation if I was her I'd have left there and then or if I was Kelli I'd have sacked her. In one of the seasons K was telling one of the girls (Kaitlyn LeGrand) "you are a vet act like one. Theres us (K+J) DEBATING who, in pink, to cut and we are cutting them for the littlest thing. In my opinion its like ok the first time I am like "ok first mistake, it happens" (aka last year with the sleeping with players rumor from Jenna and Holly) mistake no 2 this year - with the club - would have been strike 2 and then when that text Jenna sent to Shelly - Jenna you really that silly? Shelly isnt the right person to go to, if Jenna was my employee I'd have sacked her there an then but for her to get a strike 4 when she gets taken into the office to be told to get rid of her attitude. I'm surprised none of the vets walked out because of those two. I do think all the girls are great dancers. 

I'd love it if CMT did an end of season session as a recap on what happened during and after the football season and how the rookie feels now, which in my mind should be shown around Jan/Feb time as a one off thing and see how K+J feels (eg) about any problems they had during the season like Girls leaving etc. I think Alexandria and Milan are the only 2 that I'd have been a little lenient towards for them leaving. I'd do the same thing in Alexandria case if that happened to me the family was more important and we dont know what was wrong with that family member same as Milan in her situation. Sometimes school was more important. Or even do it before the "first audition" episode. I bet not alot of girls audition this year esp if they have seen/watched the show it is like way too much drama from this year.

Is the Banquet tonight or has it happened already?

Does anyone know how many episodes there will be in season 13? 

• Love 1

I think I may be the only one who doesn't care whether it's the girl's lifelong dream to be a DCC. I honestly don't even see it as a problem if a girl wants to be a DCC as a stepping stone to something else, so long as the girl puts in the work and completes her contract (obviously, someone like Kalyssa did not do that). I mean, in regular life, while no one is going to admit it upfront, people accept jobs all of the time when they have no intention of being there forever, but simply see it as something that will help them get the job that they really want in the future. Again, as long as the person is putting in the work, this isn't typically looked as some terrible, desperate thing to do. 

Don't get me wrong, it's great to see the girls who have wanted to be a DCC forever make it, and they certainly don't need a full team of girls who don't really care about the organization. However if a girl is a top notch dancer and tries out and makes it simply because she thinks it would be fun to cheer for an NFL team and chooses the DCCs because they're the most prestigious, well, then go girl!  But I may just be cynical. I work in a field where, in my experience, the people who are there (or still there) due to a love of the profession are rare. 

• Love 4