Type keyword(s) to search

Current Squad 2017-2018: Media, Music, Videos & Show Group

sleepyjean
  • Start Topic

2 minutes ago, Katherine1904 said:

It also didn’t look like a triangle to me, more of a line. And there was one facing the opposite way with another dancer in the middle 

Agreed.  It was a weird, two-sided formation.

1 hour ago, nittanyvolleyball said:

I feel like Kash will get vet of the year after stepping up to be point girl and everything

I could see that but also could see ... the fact that she got pro bowl says something about how well she is liked.  That said, they really may go with someone else who flew under the radar but had an impact behind the scenes.  

I'm calling Lauren for rookie of the year.  

• Love 2
1 minute ago, LaurenBrook said:

I could see that but also could see ... the fact that she got pro bowl says something about how well she is liked.  That said, they really may go with someone else who flew under the radar but had an impact behind the scenes.  

I'm calling Lauren for rookie of the year.  

I agree with Lauren for rookie! 

• Love 8
5 hours ago, Katherine1904 said:

Jenn K got everything last year that KaShara has this year and she didn’t get VOTY

EXACTLY. Pro-Bowl is decided by management. The ladies vote, but . . . management does not necessarily go with it. Therefore, NO ONE really knows who got the vote. I view Pro-Bowl as the teacher's pet award. All shade intended.

Meanwhile, VOTY is your classic popularity contest. I may be proven wrong, but I just don't think Kashara gets that over the other group leaders.

In a nutshell, merit PROBABLY has nothing to do with either honor.

Edited by hypeman
  • Love 5
34 minutes ago, hypeman said:

EXACTLY. Pro-Bowl is decided by management. The ladies vote, but . . . management does not necessarily go with it. Therefore, NO ONE really knows who got the vote. I view Pro-Bowl as the teacher's pet award. All shade intended.

Meanwhile, VOTY is your classic popularity contest. I may be proven wrong, but I just don't think Kashara gets that over the other group leaders.

In a nutshell, merit has PROBABLY has nothing to do with either honor.

Just because you aren't point, Pro Bowl, show group, or a group leader doesn't mean that you can't be a behind the scenes, supportive, dependable team player.  We know they are great dancers cause they made the squad to start with and have kept their spot as a veteran for however many years.  

• Love 2

I could definitely see Kashara getting VOTY, but I wouldn't be surprised to see Jinelle get it. I know Jenn K did not get it last year, but everything that Jenn K got her last year was expected. It made sense for her to be point because she had been in the triangle the prior when no one else returning had been. Likewise, she was already a group leader whereas Jenna, Danielle, and Jessica had all been 2nd group leaders the year before. With Kashara, she really did step up and take on a lot of new responsibilities in ways that were not expected when training camp started. While I agree with the comment upthread that Kashara is Kelli's favorite (and lord knows that I thought that she was shoved down my throat this past year, though my annoyance was not aimed at her personally), if social media is accurate, Kashara is very well-liked by her teammates. I don't think it's strange that she would win a team vote if that is how VOTY is decided. She already won ROTY her first year.  

• Love 3
1 hour ago, scorpio1031 said:

Just because you aren't point, Pro Bowl, show group, or a group leader doesn't mean that you can't be a behind the scenes, supportive, dependable team player.  We know they are great dancers cause they made the squad to start with and have kept their spot as a veteran for however many years.  

It sounds to me like we are saying the same thing.

I am probably the only one who thinks this but after everything Jenna has been through, including the embarrassment of having to relive it all on tv, I would love if she were given VOTY any her teammates. I have a soft spot for her and think it must have been difficult to end her DCC run the way she did. 

• Love 11

Jenna brought it all on herself. She knew she could be caught when she broke the rules over and over again. In otherwords, she brought the embarrassment on herself. If she did not want the world to know what she did, she should not have went for her sixth year. As Kelli said, she should consider herself lucky she is still on the team.

Hi everyone - long time lurking but have never chimed in before. Can someone please verify VOTY from 2017? The info I found on their website said it was Jenn K but people here seem to be saying she did not win. Thanks in advance!

7 minutes ago, Stephieg84 said:

Hi everyone - long time lurking but have never chimed in before. Can someone please verify VOTY from 2017? The info I found on their website said it was Jenn K but people here seem to be saying she did not win. Thanks in advance!

Jessica was last year's VOTY.

Im curious to see how Gina's swimsuit photos are going to look when they do the calendar shoot this year. Out of all the rookies I think Alexis has the perfect bikini bod.  On another note I am still in denial about Maggie retiring so K-Low YOU BETTER COME BACK!  Please?

• Love 3

I could also see Maggie getting VOTY - she seems universally liked and we know she's retiring. But I could also see Jinelle.  She isn't very involved with the girls outside of DCC events but she does seem well-liked by all. 

• Love 2
1 minute ago, California Girl said:

I see that the did she(?) or didn't she debate(?) is finally settled.  If you recall Seinfeld: They're (not) real and they're spectacular.  

They’re really well done (as weird as that is to comment on someone’s breast’s) I guess I was in denial (before it was confirmed by a source) because they looked so natural. Chelsea, take note hun. 

• Love 6

oops.

6 minutes ago, HowdeeDo said:

They’re really well done (as weird as that is to comment on someone’s breast’s) I guess I was in denial (before it was confirmed by a source) because they looked so natural. Chelsea, take note hun. 

Well I just commented on them as well, so now we're both weird.

Edited by California Girl
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, HowdeeDo said:

Just another set of store bought boobs.  

• Love 5
21 minutes ago, McKinezeInFloMnd said:

Are Kelsey and Gold Medalist Shawn Johnson friends? If so I wish K&J will bring in Shawn Johnson as one of their celebrities for the next season of MTT.  

I do not think Kelli and Judy would bring in a friend of a DCC unless she has a show on CMT or the friend has something to do with the entertainment field.

On 3/19/2018 at 9:31 PM, bigskygirl said:

Jenna brought it all on herself. She knew she could be caught when she broke the rules over and over again. In otherwords, she brought the embarrassment on herself. If she did not want the world to know what she did, she should not have went for her sixth year. As Kelli said, she should consider herself lucky she is still on the team.

Jenna may have gotten herself into all of that trouble but I also think it speaks volumes for her to stick with it throughout the season. She had her dirty laundry aired on the tv show and despite that, kept smiling throughout the season. It would have been easy to quit to save face (like Holly and Ericka). Even I will admit I was not initially a fan of Jenna’s at the beginning of the season but I think it’s commendable that she continued to do what she loved: dance, smile, have fun on the field. She was such a good dancer, always caught my attention and made it all look so effortless and cute. She’s my vote for VOTY. 

• Love 15
14 minutes ago, Stee said:

Jenna may have gotten herself into all of that trouble but I also think it speaks volumes for her to stick with it throughout the season. She had her dirty laundry aired on the tv show and despite that, kept smiling throughout the season. It would have been easy to quit to save face (like Holly and Ericka). Even I will admit I was not initially a fan of Jenna’s at the beginning of the season but I think it’s commendable that she continued to do what she loved: dance, smile, have fun on the field. She was such a good dancer, always caught my attention and made it all look so effortless and cute. She’s my vote for VOTY. 

I understand your point of view. I personally do not understand why any girl would want to try out for the DCC especially with the camera in your face. I mean it is bad enough to have Kelli, Charlotte and Judy watching almost your every move you make during tryouts, TC and being on the squad. I would make a bad DCC because I would be questioning everything and not wanting to act and be a DCC 24/7/365.

4 hours ago, McKinezeInFloMnd said:

Are Kelsey and Gold Medalist Shawn Johnson friends? If so I wish K&J will bring in Shawn Johnson as one of their celebrities for the next season of MTT.  

I grew up in the elite gymnastics world, and would flip if SJ worms her opportunistic ass onto MTT:DCC or into the franchise in general. SJ is not not NOT someone that emulates the “DCC Way”. She has thrown her Olympic teammates under the bus, is a straight up liar (ask her who was the Olympic captain in ‘08), and spends a lot of time bitching and moaning on YouTube about how “hard” her life is while bossing her husband around and complaining that her life as a practice squad wifey is constantly in flux. 

• Love 1
(edited)
11 hours ago, Stee said:

Jenna sucked it up and took her lumps. To me that's not extraordinary or praise-worthy, that's what I expect from a mature adult and a veteran of this team. Admittedly, I have a dirty lens on this one - I've never particularly cared for Jenna. But I don't believe in giving prizes for people behaving the way they ought to.

Perhaps her teammates will agree with you. After all, they're the ones who had a front row seat to what happened and how she handled it. They may think she's worthy of it.

Edited by sleepyjean
  • Love 4
9 minutes ago, sleepyjean said:

Jenna sucked it up and took her lumps. To me that's not extraordinary or praise-worthy, that's what I expect from a mature adult and a veteran of this team. Admittedly, I have a dirty lens on this one - I've never particularly cared for Jenna. But I don't believe in giving prizes for people behaving the way they ought to.

Perhaps her teammates will agree with you. After all, they're the ones who had a front row seat to what happened and how she handled it. They may think she's worthy of it.

Life has taught me that it FEELS easier to turn and run when things become difficult or don't go my way. That appears (at least on first glance) what Milan, Alexandria, Kalyssa, Erica, and Holly did.

No one is obligated to confront their transgressions head on AND live through the consequences.

YES we should all take our lumps, but most don't. I have no problem giving Jenna an "attagirl" for behaving responsibly. ESPECIALLY when she could have booked it for LA and never looked back.

• Love 6
10 hours ago, Lunacat said:

I grew up in the elite gymnastics world, and would flip if SJ worms her opportunistic ass onto MTT:DCC or into the franchise in general. SJ is not not NOT someone that emulates the “DCC Way”. She has thrown her Olympic teammates under the bus, is a straight up liar (ask her who was the Olympic captain in ‘08), and spends a lot of time bitching and moaning on YouTube about how “hard” her life is while bossing her husband around and complaining that her life as a practice squad wifey is constantly in flux. 

Oh, interesting.  I'd love to hear more dirt :)

• Love 3
50 minutes ago, hypeman said:

YES we should all take our lumps, but most don't. I have no problem giving Jenna an "attagirl" for behaving responsibly. ESPECIALLY when she could have booked it for LA and never looked back.

I think it shows a great deal of dedication and commitment to suffer through the consequences until the finish.  A quitter is rarely thought of for his/her accomplishments--just that he/she quit.

• Love 8

I do not think Milan ran away when things got tough. She had an opportunity to go to another country to further her education. I do not think that was a terrible thing because a good solid education will get you further in life than being a DCC.

1 hour ago, sleepyjean said:

I agree with you. I think she was one step from being cut from the team. There have been other girls on the squad who I am more impressed with than Jenna this season.

39 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

I do not think Milan ran away when things got tough. She had an opportunity to go to another country to further her education. I do not think that was a terrible thing because a good solid education will get you further in life than being a DCC.

I agree with you. I think she was one step from being cut from the team. There have been other girls on the squad who I am more impressed with than Jenna this season.

No matter how one spins it, Milan left out of convenience, not out of necessity.

I'm not mad at her. Her priorities changed. To me it is exactly like Alexandria and Kalyssa. (Alexandria may not of had a choice. My gut says she was just ready to go.)

• Love 5