Type keyword(s) to search

Current Squad 2017-2018: Media, Music, Videos & Show Group

sleepyjean
  • Start Topic

Love her or hate her, Cassie can SING.  I remember the first time I realized she could, it was a clip on FB from a USO tour... Meagan McVey was doing a lyrical solo to Titanium and I was like, wow, who is singing, she  is awesome.  And the camera scrolls over and it is CASSIE! And it was definitely live. 

Still say Jordan was one of the best they had tho, at least in last 10 years.  Such a powerhouse singer. 

1 hour ago, bigskygirl said:

Here are some pictures of a prep class taught by Brittany Evans with Jennifer and Melissa assisting her.

http://www.dallascowboys.com/galleries/2017/02/07/dcc-audition-prep-classes#412891

This girl (in pink sports bra) - she is SO pretty!! 

http://www.dallascowboys.com/galleries/2017/02/07/dcc-audition-prep-classes#412936

• Love 3

I'll join you all in the safe place. Michelle's choreo just does nothing for me other than it's not the same old same old DCC stuff that we seem to see but even then I just don't care for it. Others obviously do so good on her and good on them but I'll pass on by thanks

• Love 2
46 minutes ago, MrsEVH said:

52 minutes ago, LaurenBrook said:

Love her or hate her, Cassie can SING.  I remember the first time I realized she could, it was a clip on FB from a USO tour... Meagan McVey was doing a lyrical solo to Titanium and I was like, wow, who is singing, she  is awesome.  And the camera scrolls over and it is CASSIE! And it was definitely live. 

Still say Jordan was one of the best they had tho, at least in last 10 years.  Such a powerhouse singer. 

http://www.dallascowboys.com/galleries/2017/02/07/dcc-audition-prep-classes#412936

The girl in the first shot?  She's super pretty indeed!  It's so crazy ... Brittany is still so so young but she must look out in the sea of DCC hopefuls and think "wow, was I ever that young"

• Love 2

two things not sure either is unpopular

1) I'd really like to see more dances without the poms. I get that they are "cheerleaders" but what they are is a professional dance team, let them dance without the poms more often, at least for the halftime shows, maybe an occasional quarter change something. I just get tired of the constant pom waving and it seems like it limits their movements. Even the high school dance teams in my area only seem to use poms anymore when they march with the band or are on the sidelines

2) the reason I put cheerleaders in "" they are not cheerleaders they are dancers. They don't perform cheers, they don't lead the spectators in cheers, IDK I know it's a little thing but any of the pro sports teams calling their teams cheerleaders has always bugged me. I appreciate the teams who have other names for their dance teams. I'm gonna duck now to avoid any rotten fruits and vegetables that might come my way.

• Love 2
41 minutes ago, Runnergrl37 said:

Erica has always been the most beautiful current dcc for me, until now.  She looks sickly skinny in the latest round of pics.  Her face is way to thin too which makes her look rough. 

Probably her diet lol  It looks like she has been vegan lately?? Not sure if that's new or what.  I didn't notice her looking scary skinny but I will have to pay more attention.  I love that she has been spending so much time with Jenna lately; I feel like she is a grounding force for Jenna like Maddie is for Holly. 

And I love you @QuiteContraryMoni but i'll have to be left out of your recent coven - love Michelle Keys!! 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, MrsEVH said:

Kitty is 2nd from the left! http://www.dallascowboys.com/galleries/2017/01/31/dcc-through-years#412206

Kelli and Tina Kalina in the back row. Holy blue eyeshadow, Batman! http://www.dallascowboys.com/galleries/2017/01/31/dcc-through-years#412246

Its @ShellyB in the back row, on the far left! Such a cute shot! http://www.dallascowboys.com/galleries/2017/01/31/dcc-through-years#412271

Edited by AnnMichele
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, LaurenBrook said:

There's also a video on YouTube from a uso Christmas tour where Brittany Evans sang Santa baby, it was really cute. I know Cassie sang a song but I can't remember if it was this one and if someone was dancing while she was singing. It was a three part video and it was a great show. 

• Love 3
24 minutes ago, LaurelleJ said:

There's also a video on YouTube from a uso Christmas tour where Brittany Evans sang Santa baby, it was really cute. I know Cassie sang a song but I can't remember if it was this one and if someone was dancing while she was singing. It was a three part video and it was a great show. 

Here are the singing clips from a USO tour. It's fun seeing them perform! Btw totally jealous of Cassie's singing voice. 

Cassie and Brittany singing "Imagine" at 21:45

Brittany singing "Santa Baby" at 2:15

• Love 1
33 minutes ago, heatherrrrz said:

Whitney <333

also whoever is the "Five golden rings" girl in 12 days of christmas is awesome.

Evan Anderson, my favorite DCC EVER. She should have stayed longer. 

• Love 2
24 minutes ago, HowdeeDo said:

Evan Anderson, my favorite DCC EVER. She should have stayed longer. 

YESSSS!!! Loveeee Evan! SO incredibly underrated. I follow her on IG and goodness, she is gorgeous and still a fantastic dancer.  

• Love 2
9 hours ago, twinkietwin94 said:

and now I feel like we need a secret handshake or sign or something

Or a secret "hand clap" maybe?? 

Thanks, I'll be here all night. (And for what it's worth, she seems a-okay to me. And I loved the hand clap routine.

• Love 3
On 2/6/2017 at 8:28 PM, AnnMichele said:

I love Sunni, Brittany, and Cassie singing! They harmonized so well! 

Ho. Ly. Shit.  They sounded amazing - I had no idea they could sing!!  Seriously that was just gorgeous

• Love 2
9 hours ago, LaurelleJ said:

I want to say she sang "Beautiful" by Christina Aguilera and Lauren Williams was the dancer.

On ‎2‎/‎7‎/‎2017 at 5:05 PM, QuiteContraryMoni said:

She really really was underrated. I thought she was GORG. See, it's all these understated underrated girls (Carey DePasquale, Evan, Julie Jacobs-who I thought had an older look but still adored, etc.) that make me ache for past seasons. Not trying to diss anyone (for once) but I just miss those girls. Would LOVE to see a ten year "where are they now" special that shows those featured over the past decade.

yes!!  please talk Shelly into suggesting this and making it happen!  Although I think most would be married to some hot guy, be stay at home moms to 2.5 perfect kids.

• Love 1
On ‎2‎/‎7‎/‎2017 at 2:42 PM, AnnMichele said:

Here are the singing clips from a USO tour. It's fun seeing them perform! Btw totally jealous of Cassie's singing voice. 

Cassie and Brittany singing "Imagine" at 21:45

Brittany singing "Santa Baby" at 2:15

Does anybody else besides me think Kelsey looks a little heavy in the 1st video @ 24:25?

2 hours ago, QuiteContraryMoni said:

I don't get the Erica obsession. I get the appreciation. I REALLY like her, but I don't think she's greatness. I think she's one of the best we've got for now, but I don't think she's even in the top twenty of my DCC faves. YET. I feel like she needs to demand more attention and they need to stop putting Holly and Melissa and Jen and Jenna out there and give us some Erica so I can actually SEE her.

That's exactly how I feel 

• Love 1

What's up with Tasha's eyebrow? Is it just me or is one kinda wanky? I've always really liked her, but have recently noticed in her lipstick posts that one of her eyebrows has a mind of its own.  

• Love 1
6 hours ago, ClosetBachJunkie said:

A little soft maybe.  None of these girls are ever "heavy".  

Well, when Kitty admonished Chelsea et al. about gaining weight, she told them they looked heavy.  I think her (almost) exact words were "You look heavy...not fat, heavy."  I still have no idea what the hell that means. 

Edited by ByTor
  • Love 1
13 hours ago, QuiteContraryMoni said:

I don't get the Erica obsession.

I don't either.  And to be even MORE unpopular, I don't understand the raves over how photogenic she is.  Unless I don't know what photogenic means...I always take it to mean you look even better in pictures than in person, and I don't think she looks any prettier than she already is in pictures.

• Love 2

What I mean by photogenic is that Erica looks gorgeous in every picture, whether posed or action shot.  Somehow she manages to keep pretty facials without over exaggerated fang smiles, double chins or skanky eyes.  She just looks...DCC.  Or what I consider DCC.  Pretty, fresh and having fun without being out of control or over the top.  

I think I also just love her personality so much it helps me like her even more.  I know I am the lone reed Christian here so I'm by myself in loving the spiritual stuff she shares - I appreciate her boldness and just what a strong person she is from everything she went thru with her dad passing away. #ericapleasebemybff

I still wouldn't say she's OMG ONE OF MY FAVES OF ALL TIME and didn't realize if I alluded to that.  I think for the squad they have now she is one of the best overall dancers, performers and beauties. 

ALL THAT SAID - it is absolutely true that we here make a much, much bigger deal of point than they do on the squad.  

• Love 4
18 minutes ago, QuiteContraryMoni said:

I didn't even know she posted Christian stuff, I kind of assumed all of them did. Especially when they got cut LOL. God has bigger plans. At least they're not on Twitter comparing not being a DCC to a death in the family.  But, I don't know her personality at all, and in fact, I feel like she's kind of tucked away. Melissa, Holly, Jen and Jenna are all we see, I feel like. I'm open to absorbing her greatness. Let me see her!

I haven't said anything until now but I put ZERO stock in point. Shelly (or was it Judy?) herself said that it's really not THAT big of a deal. They trade off, etc. I mean, clearly Kelli knows point is front and center, and that's where most of the cameras are, but they're performing in a freaking BOWL. 360 degrees! She still cares to impress the visiting team fans just as much as the Dallas side of the stadium. I just place very very little on the point position. It's always nice to see your faves up there but I don't think it means what some think it does.....just my opinion.

Yeah, it's obviously an honor to know they think you are a strong enough performer/beauty to be up front and have everyone counting on you, but GL positions are a much bigger deal. 

• Love 2

*sigh* there is just something about Erica that I feel is special. Don't know her, have never met her, but just seeing her on the show and following her on social media, she just seems so innocent and sweet and that she has an awesome spirit and great work ethic and attitude. On top of all that she is beautiful. I agree, she doesn't crack the top 15 of my fav DCCs of all time but I think she is one of those that is a near perfect representative of DCC in all areas and she checks all the boxes. 

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, LaurelleJ said:

*sigh* there is just something about Erica that I feel is special. Don't know her, have never met her, but just seeing her on the show and following her on social media, she just seems so innocent and sweet and that she has an awesome spirit and great work ethic and attitude. On top of all that she is beautiful. I agree, she doesn't crack the top 15 of my fav DCCs of all time but I think she is one of those that is a near perfect representative of DCC in all areas and she checks all the boxes. 

That's how I felt about Holly A. Perfect as point, but basic vanilla. Nothing to dislike, and perfect for the part, but we never saw her personality.

• Love 6
28 minutes ago, QuiteContraryMoni said:

I didn't even know she posted Christian stuff, I kind of assumed all of them did. Especially when they got cut LOL. God has bigger plans. At least they're not on Twitter comparing not being a DCC to a death in the family.  But, I don't know her personality at all, and in fact, I feel like she's kind of tucked away. Melissa, Holly, Jen and Jenna are all we see, I feel like. I'm open to absorbing her greatness. Let me see her!

I haven't said anything until now but I put ZERO stock in point. Shelly (or was it Judy?) herself said that it's really not THAT big of a deal. They trade off, etc. I mean, clearly Kelli knows point is front and center, and that's where most of the cameras are, but they're performing in a freaking BOWL. 360 degrees! She still cares to impress the visiting team fans just as much as the Dallas side of the stadium. I just place very very little on the point position. It's always nice to see your faves up there but I don't think it means what some think it does.....just my opinion.

Yep, I believe it was season 5 where she was very disappointed in the rookies at the back of the formation because that's a front line to the visitors side. All positions are important and there can be no weak links. Sometimes I think it would be better to put the rookies in the middle of the formation and have vets surround the edges. 

All positions are important but the tip of the triangle gets more camera time so they would dare have weaker dancers up there. 

• Love 1
3 hours ago, QuiteContraryMoni said:

"You look heavy. Not fat."

"You dance pastel."

"You're whisper dancing."

"If you want to get our attention, then get noticed."

"You're dancing like Dolly Dinkel"

I think this post belongs in the great mysteries thread.

Don't forget "puppy dog hands."

I still have no idea what the FUCK that means.

• Love 5

I think Jennifer did deserve Pro Bowl.  It seemed like a lot of people didn't want her get it because she was the obvious choice, but I don't think there is anything wrong with obvious choices.  It would have been wrong for her not to get it.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, LaurenBrook said:

I still wouldn't say she's OMG ONE OF MY FAVES OF ALL TIME and didn't realize if I alluded to that.

But it would be ok if you did :)  Meredith is my all time favorite, I mean how trite and boring is that???

2 hours ago, QuiteContraryMoni said:

I just laughed so hard I brayed. Like a donkey.

Really though, I need someone to explain puppy dog hands to me. Can someone put together a posterboard or diorama or something to make me understand this? 

• Love 2

Is this finally my moment to have an unpopular opinion??? While I don't have anything against any alumni or TCCs, there are some that I am just not a fan of, and Meredith is one. It started I think back in season 4 when they had the jump split clinic with Kristin (gautier?) and that whole scene with merediths comments and corrections made me cringe. 

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, LaurelleJ said:

Is this finally my moment to have an unpopular opinion??? While I don't have anything against any alumni or TCCs, there are some that I am just not a fan of, and Meredith is one. It started I think back in season 4 when they had the jump split clinic with Kristin (gautier?) and that whole scene with merediths comments and corrections made me cringe. 

You mean, "Ooooh that was not as good as I was hoping for,"? Yeah, I wasn't nuts about her in that scene either. But I could watch that scene over and over again just revel in Kristen Gauthier's perfectly perfect kicks. I mean, damn.

• Love 3
31 minutes ago, QuiteContraryMoni said:

@LaurenBrook you know people. Ask em what a "puppy dog hand is" would ya?!? We gotta know over here!!

HAHA! I should totally ask, I bet that was a WTF moment for most of the girls there.  

I do think @AnnMichele is right though...6:29 of this vid is the best I can find right now. LOL 

Edited by LaurenBrook
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, RazzleberryPie said:

Perception is funny. To me, puppy dog hands is one of the clearest descriptions they've even given. Hands flopped forward at the wrist like a dog paddling water.

You're a dancer from what I gather from your posts though. I'm just a pleb.

• Love 1